the Rift

You Show The Lights Where To Go

Avalon Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

I had not given up... I would never give up, to be precise. The fire was still ablaze and my mind was still in its appropriate place. The sandman had found me last night and hugged me in his comfortable arms. I fell within his trance and rapidly was tucked away by sleep. I had not even bothered to sleep standing up; the sand had been my pillow and oh how comfortable it was.

After I had waken up, I had spent that time collecting brush and tending to the fire. It roared with pleasure, crackling like a purring and satisfied lion. If lions could purr at that. The smoky scent was beginning to linger on my coat from it. Luckily, it was a pleasurable smell to most. At least, one could hope. If it lingered much longer it might as well become my regular recognition scent.

The sun was close to it's peak, strong and bright. There was no cloud in sight. A gust of wind here and there broke up the heat to give any living being a break. It was something I was still slightly growing accustomed to. The temperature change was helping that. I was now beginning to yearn for the heat of the sun, on the contrary. Any way to speak with an intelligent being such as a God, I would attempt. This was the Sun God. The Sun was brightest and at its highest so perhaps my chances of contact could be better.

I toss another piece of shrub into the fire with my antlers. The dead plant soon became engulfed in the flames, cackling in the process. It seemed as though the flames laughed and cheered with everything I fed it. A big dinner would be coming soon enough for my new friend, however.

My dusty buckskin head lifted to the sky and my eyes closed. I took a deep breath and spoke.

"I'm here not to sound foolish, God of the Sun, but rather to meet with you. I seek your guidance, your word, and your very presence. Anything."

My heart was troubled, but it was sincere. I sought for the Sun God. I sought for advice or at least a warning. Any information possible would be of help.

"Why, I would even be satisfied with a quick greeting."

Image Credits

"Talk"

God of the Sun Posts: 198
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17 hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the SUN

Burn the whole world down

The God of the Sun had been busy helping his brother Time with the rift. But the call of another, a stranger, was curious enough to pull him from his task to go see. Instead of the starry, blue pegasus who had once summoned him, an antlered buckskin stood by the fire instead. Cassiopeia had been absent for a long time yes. The fires had abandoned her as seer, and he would honor the new one the same way. She was attempting to serve her herd, HIS herd with loyalty and grace. He would answer such a call.

The flames began to sparkle and crack, shifting and dancing and growing into his shape. Bathed in fire, he began to assume his typically color of pale gold with massive, feathered wings and twisted horns upon his brow. Orange flames turned to liquid, churning gold in his eyes, and finally, he took enough of a solid shape to say: "Hello, Seer of the Throat."

She was tall and thick, nearly taller than he was. (Actually she was, but to save pride, he thought a little differently). He nodded his head to her, smoke curling from his back as flames licked his sides. Carefully, he stepped out of the fire and shook sparks from his mane and wings like one would water which clung to the fur after a swim.

He paused to look up into her eyes again. "My apologies if this is brief, but the world is falling apart and I am attempting to help my brother, the Time God, in mending the rifts," he explained. "What was it that you needed?"

[[So sorry for the lateness!]]

CREDITS

Unregistered

The wind can tell you a story if you really want to hear.

I sighed heavily as I first began to see nothing happen at first. I thought that once again, I was being ignored or perhaps I was doing something wrong. I had doubted myself for just a second more and was about to seek help. However, my eyes brightened and glistened as I saw the already roaring fire begin to roar more. It cackled and grew and before I knew it, it was beginning to take the shape of another equine.

I was breathless for a second and a great smile crossed my lips as he made his complete entrance. Flames crawled over his body and it appeared as though he himself was fire. His golden body sent my curiosity wild but I knew I must contain my childish wants. I must continue to act like my formal and oldened self. When he shook his body, sparks were sent flying and once again, I was surprised.

I wasn't sure what I expected him to appear like, but it was nothing as magnificent as this. Instead of standing like an awestruck foal, however, I simply stepped back and looked at him with a smile and steady eye. I then noticed his antelope-like horse that traversed upwards. They reminded me of my own antlers in a sense.

"Hello, God of the Sun. It is my apologies from distracting you from that. In that manner, I will be sure to make this quick and brief. I wanted to simply acquaint myself with the greatly talked about God of the Sun. I am Avalon, filling in for Cassiopeia as Diviner from here on out. The Throat is having a issue with the Aurora Basin and I am direly seeking out any sort of information you might can give me. Is this possibly in any way? If this request could take too long, I will certainly be gracious enough for the fact that you even took time to visit."
{.::OOC::.}~

I'm not exactly sure how I missed your post! It was never updating in my CP and only did so today! I'm really sorry about that!
So why not sit down and kiss the wind?

credits

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

The GOD of the SUN

Burn the whole world down

The God of the Sun smiled as she explained herself, but that expression quickly turned into a frown at the subject matter presented to him to answer. He pulled his wings into his sides, and the fires that burned along his mane and tail dimmed considerably. Clouds began to pull over the sunlight, shading where they were standing, and he exhaled a heavy breath.

"Congratulations on your promotion, Avalon," he said firstly, trying to think on how best to answer her question. He was powerful and almost all knowing, but there was a certain amount of distance he had to keep from his siblings and their herds out of respect. Often, this proved most difficult as he wanted to protect the sanctity of his own herd.

A pact from the gods after a bloody war, long, long ago prevented him from entangling himself too personally with the mortals, but though he was loathe to admit it, he held a certain, rough care towards those who chose to live in the land he carved. And thus, he sighed, black smoke curling from his breath and into the atmosphere.

"The question you ask is difficult because those who live in the Basin are under my brother's protection, in a way," he explained, deep voice rumbling like a roaring fire. Rarely was the Sun God so docile, but in the company of his own, he seemed incredibly different - almost polite. "However, I can tell you that they are in the process of making a contract with the band who now resides in the Foothills." Ophelia.... He shook the thought of bitter, angry disappointment.

"The purpose of this contract seems defensive only, but terms often change. I can tell you that they are not mobilizing, and since Psyche's victory over Kri for prisoners, the lands have been quiet." The God of the Sun looked at her carefully. "Is there anything else that you wish to ask?"

CREDITS

Unregistered

The wind knows a lot about martyrs. After all, it's carried a lot of souls away.

My ever-learning mind listened to every word he spoke. When he congratulated me on the promotion, my smile brightened even more. I made no attempt to hide it and I nodded my head with a small and meek thank you. My silvery-lined eyes watched him with awe as his deep voice continued, sounding much like the very fire that I was tending to.

As he explained more, my eyes dimmed as I narrowed them. I soaked everything into my cranium much like a sponge would with a drop of water. I looked down, only to find myself looking at his golden body once more as he continued to speak. A contract between the Basin and the Foothills. My word. For a split few seconds my mind's curiosity jumped as to what that contract may concern. He said defensive purposes but to what extent?

My eyes widened to their normal extent and I watched as his lips moved once more to ask me if I had any more questions. I smiled once more then said "Perhaps one more question, if not any trouble. But to what extent does this contract cover and how are we to know when or if this contract changes?" My features looked concerned and serious, while still managing to maintain that warm aura-like presence.

I shook my head then stepped back, lowering my head in an apologetic way. "I apologize, dear Lord of the Sun and Throat. I in no way meant to importune you."
{.::OOC::.}~

It will probably tell you that martyrs are not heroic. They're a tragedy.

image credits