the Rift

[OPEN] Honestly though, I'm okay. [Darwin & Open]

Hana Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Her first punishment was coming up quickly, she was still scared to death of what she was about to face. Hana had not been in contact with her sister since their fight on the border. Her grey mane ruffled in the wind, a shiver ran down her back. Would she be able to survive this battle? No the punishment, no, the fight with her sister. This stony silence towards each other was ripping Hana apart. They lived in the same herd yet they had nt seen each other in weeks. Pain was clear on her face, but she at least felt half decent from healing the other stallion she had found lying injured on the river bank. She wasn't completely useless. That was what she had to prove to her leaders and her sister. Her sister, apparently their matching blood, their bond didn't stop Lakota from throwing her sister to the sharks. In fact, ironically enough, it was her sister that had suggested her punishment. You think you got family issues? You haven't seen anything compared to Hana.

Ruby eyes studied the landscape of her new home. Did she hate it here? No not really, but so far any charm this land apparently held was at a complete loss to Hana. However she knew that the land would grow on her. It was the way things always worked. Even when she hated someone, they would only have to talk to her, win her trust and then they would grow on Hana.
She hated her softness sometimes. Did it make her weak? She really didn't know, normally it was a question she would ask her sister. Seeking reassurance that she was not weak. Only her sister had no interest in her or her well being.
It broke Hana's heart.
Hana knew that she would not be able to remain angry at her sister for much longer, but she also knew that her sister would be able to remain anger for a very long time.

HANA
And I won't lie they keep me on my toes these days.

image credits
table by whit

Darwin Posts: 74
World's Edge Protector atk: 5.0 | def: 8.0 | dam: 6.0
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 4 Years (Ages in Birdsong) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Antaa :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix Skylark

Large, ebony feathered wings spread out to their full length from my shoulders that were already beginning to thicken up with muscles as a yawn slid from my smoky velvets. Everything seemed to be going quite well in the quiet little world that I knew in the Foothills, there were a few different characters that I had ran into, none of them seemed to be as close or as interested in me as my brothers seemed to be. Blinking a few times to push the sleep away from my steely pools and giving them a few moments to focus on the bright world around me once again as my feathered limbs adjusted beneath me and lifted my frame from the pile of leaves in which I had been resting.
I hadn’t yet run into any others that happened to be in my age range and it was slightly disappointing to think that I could have been the only one born in this time range from a mare of the Foothills. A snort escaped through my delicate nares as I allowed my steely pools to lazily travel the horizon, occasionally narrowing in feeble efforts to be able to see further. Maybe today would be the day that I would get lucky enough to meet someone close enough in my age, someone who would kick up their heels with me and maybe even explain what they thought my “glow” was. Flicking my harks back slightly I fought back a giggle at the way my cropped looking mane tickled at the inner parts of my harks before flicking them back quickly, knowing there was no way I could keep from laughing for long.
Stretching my wings out once more I decided it was a good time to wander away from the little leaf nest I had created for myself, there didn’t seem to be anyone wandering around these parts of the Foothills today and I was itching for some company. Tossing my little crown I broke out into an easy canter that would one day hopefully be as powerful and ground eating as my older brother Archibald’s. I looked up to each and every one of my brothers but something about the strength that Archibald showed with each and every movement, and the fact that he held such a high rank in our herd made me want to strive to be just like him. Or at least to gain his approval at whatever it is that I wind up doing with my hopefully long life.
Lost in my thoughts of gaining the approval that most foals look for from their fathers, I didn’t realize where my limbs were carrying me until THUD. My frame hit solidly with another’s and a surprised ”Oh!” Slid from between my smoky velvets as I quickly scrambled to my limbs and took a few steps back, stormy pools settled warily on the form of a stormy grey and white mare and my jaw dropped slightly as I took in her ruby red pools.
”I…I’m so sorry ma’am.” My lyrics were stuttered as I looked at the mare warily, hoping that she wouldn’t be too upset with me for running into her so cluelessly.

"Speech"
[Tag : Frostie w. Hana ]
[Words : 5 . 3 . 5 ]
[Muse : Album (Red) by Taylor Swift ]
[Notes : Sorry this took so long dear~ && don’t judge me based on music choice lol ]

Casimir Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Casimir
He is still shaken from what happened in the Heart, but he is getting better. He moves with shaky legs, and he goes to eat for the first time in days. He travels, not far in the Foothills to get grass, but even if it is covered in grass most the time, he knows the winter is going to be upon them soon enough. There was such much life left in the dying Orangemoon season, and he was missing it. He had heard some talk of foals being born this late in breeding season, and he hoped both mother and foal were healthy.

His own heart still bleed for Mother, and he had no idea how to fix it. It wasn't even him that helped killed her, but some sort of freak that looked like him. What was that thing? He felt like he should know, but he had no idea. He still felt sick, and he would. He had never eaten blood, yet alone flesh, and he had ingested so much that his stomach and intestines where twisted in the most uncomfortable way. He sighed, slowly moving and trying to get his body to walk off what was in his system. He stopped, having cramps, but he was able to relieve himself, and felt better afterwards.

Upon staring at the sky, there were clouds about, and he stared at them for several minutes, not paying much attention to anything around him. He stopped staring, his eyes hurting from being open too long. He heard talking in a small, familiar voice just moments later. Immediately he was on the look out, and he was able to find Darwin quickly despite his vision, and he also found Hana. The mare that had saved him from when he was an insane mess, crazy and covered in the blood of himself and his family. What a psycho he must have looked like, and it was only now that he realized he was crazy at the moment in time.

He approached them cautiously, as if she would run away if she caught whiff of him. Light blood stains still covered parts of his white fur, but he was wiped clean otherwise. There was a flower near by, a rose that was pink. They grew wild throughout the area, and he carefully plucked one that was fully grown. The sweet smell was released into the air, and he made his way closer towards them with the rose in his mouth. He laid it down before her, a sheep smile gracing his features as he spoke softly.

"Good evening. I see you've more or less met my brother. Child, come here please. I didn't get to meet you the other night. I am your big brother, Casimir. Though madam, I wanted to thank you for healing me the other night. I...a lot happened. If you wish to know I will tell you, and I know I was quite the mess, and truthfully I still am. But I won't bother you with troubles of one who is not worthy to bother a fair maiden. Please, take this rose as an offering of my apologies along with my words."

OCC: I set this after he met Hana and Fence, but since he doesn't know Darwin's name, I would love for him to tell him ICly :)