the Rift

[OPEN] In the future these will be the good ol' days

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi

It was boring, dark and damp in his fathers cave. Full of strange colours and plants that he did not know, only that he mustn't touch them lest he wanted to die. At that warning, Sacre had shuddered and remained as far away from them as possible, both intrigued and fearful. His young mind could not yet comprehend the reasons as to why his father would want to keep such things so close by. Wasn't he worried about killing himself? The thought had deeply troubled Sacre, so he left the dark hole and began to wonder around the herd land. Maybe he'd find Roux and silently he wondered what his twin would be up to. He couldn't be that far after all, he was almost certain mother wouldn't want them straying too far anyway. The colt wondered if we would encounter any others of the herd, the prospect both excited him and scared him. What kind of horses lived here? Did they all live in caves with strange plants like his father did?

The more he thought about the prospect of meeting another the more he leant towards the excitement. The curiosity of boyhood was too hard to deny and Sacre couldn't help his need to know everything and everyone. He was full of questions, whys, whats and hows. Full of wonder and intrigue. What was the rest of Helovia like? Could he go visit all the places there were and meet even more new horses. Was it really so bad that some had wings and some had nothing? Sacre didn't think it would be such a bad thing to be able to fly, however the life of an equine sounded quite boring to his baby mind. He wouldn't ever want to lose the tiny red tinted horn that grew from his head. One day, it would grow as large as his fathers and Sacre simply couldn't wait until that happened.

Eventually, the young colt found himself staring back at his own reflection in the never freezing lake. Pulling faces at himself then laughing in his boyish tones before taking a long drink and looking out towards the rest of the land. Jet black mane standing up on end with his tail was short and stumpy. Only a few red hairs could be seen around his flank, eyes and ear with his baby fur still covering the rest. Sacre often wondered why that was and tried rubbing the places to see if it would reveal more red hairs. Yet, to his chagrin, none appeared and he once again he would find himself disappointed.

Snorting, he set of at a wild canter and dived into the areas where snow lay in the shadows of the mountain. Squealing when it sprayed up him, cold and wet. His young mind so easily occupied by the smallest of things. The sun had already set and the only thing that lit up his way was the silver glow of the moons light.

They can’t see where this is gonna end
They all think I'm crazy,
But to me it's perfect sense

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Roux Posts: 57
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 5 :: Orangemoon HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Edison :: Red Kite :: Rage Semper

Roux had stuck close to his mother's side, minding to keep close to his father as well. He did not need the warning Sacre did with the herbs--for he could not see them. He could only see the movements around him, knowing as others walked in, out, around or in front of the cave. Only as the sun faded behind the mountains and night claimed the valley did Roux begin to see. Although to normal horses his vision would still be impaired, the young colt knew no difference to the greyscale he saw the world in. Now that the night had crawled in, Roux was quick to follow his twin as he slipped from the watchful eyes of their parents.

He was still a long ways off, but he could see the dark form of his brother throttle off into the snow. The stark contrast of the two caused Roux to blink several times, his eyes straining with looking at it for too long. Extending his all-too-long legs into an unbalanced trot, Roux nickered towards his brother. "Watch out, Sacre! I'll get you!" Tossing his small nose into the air, Roux set off at an equally unbalanced canter, heading straight for his brother's dark form.

Skidding into the snow, Roux rolled his front hooves towards Sacre. The colt was much too little to inflict an damage to his brother, and the action was sincerely playful in nature. This was their time to learn and to grow. The twins would grow and learn together, Roux sticking to Sacre's side loyally. He needed him, or mother or father, during the day to see. His only freedom came from the darkness, it was now that he could play with his brother and romp around the herdland that their parents had told them was their's as much as anyone else's. In this freedom, today, Roux would play with his brother. Stretching out his neck, Roux nipped at the darker colt's short mane, bright silver eyes warm and excited.

ROUX
Million stars up in the sky
Formed a tiger's eye
That looked down on my face,
Out of time and out of place

image by msn678@flickr

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi

It wasn't too long before a pair of ice coloured eyes fell upon the crimson form of his brother. Roux was his twin and his best friend, for some reason that Sacre couldn't grasp, his twin had a hard time seeing at all during the day and often spent his time worrying over it. What would happen if he wasn't there to help Roux? Where might he end up?! Sacre didn't mind being the eyes for his brother, he was more than willing to protect his sibling during the day. A black shield that would always protect Roux's vulnerability, nothing would ever get past his shield. Or so Sacre thought, in wild daydreams of long adventures and dangerous foes. He would slay them all in the name of protection and gallop home victoriously through the night with tails held high in pride. As long as they were together, nothing would scare him.

The time was night, however, and Roux's sight had been returned to him. Though Sacre had yet to find out that the colt only saw things in shades of grey. The leggy colt turned to see his merlot brother nickering to him playfully to which Sacre returned with exuberance. "Let's see you try, Roux!" At that he turned to face his charging twin with a light of excitement in his gaze, dainty hooves sliding across the snowy surface in a mad scramble to find some purchase.

Sacre ducked downwards as Roux raised his hooves and scampered away, stump of a tail flicking as he did so, red and black ears swivelling atop his pommel. Freedom felt so good under his hooves, much better than that dark cramped cave of his father's. There air was much easier to breathe out here and scents of many were an intrigue to his newly born senses. So many horses he had never met before and so many adventures to go on. Maybe mother and father would let him go out exploring one day, as long as he took Aramis with him, surely that would be okay? There was so much he wanted to see!

He returned just in time to receive the nip on his short, spiky mane from his twin, to which he returned with a flick of his small, charcoal head. Moving to brush his shoulder against the red of his sibling. He took the air deeply and sighed in content, he was always happiest at the side of Roux. Invisibly linked through an indescribable bond of blood. "Wouldn't you like to see what's beyond those mountains, Roux? I want to see everything! I can take you with me, be your eyes as we explore the world. Maybe, one day, I can find a way to fix you so we can both look together." His boyish voice was wistful as he lost himself in a far off dream or even a slowly forming goal to his life.

Nobody else mattered if Roux was here by his side. A world without him was unimaginable from the day they both hit the ground, wet and surrounded by purple thistles.

They can’t see where this is gonna end
They all think I'm crazy,
But to me it's perfect sense

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Roux Posts: 57
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 5 :: Orangemoon HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Edison :: Red Kite :: Rage Semper

Roux nickered again, his brother's mane slipping past his lips. "Sacre," Roux pranced slightly to stand parallel to his twin and looked up. His silver eyes scanned the tall mountains that protected them, white stars poking above their peaks. "We will go." the reddened colt turned to face his brother head on and flicked his dark forelock from his eyes. "It is not our time yet, brother. We must grow here, first." Or, at least, that is what mother had mumbled to father. Roux knew he was not strong enough--did Sacre know that for himself? Roux doubted it. Even at their young age there was a difference between them. Sacre was full of dreams, Roux was a prisoner of reality. He would not be able to do what his brother could.

"How would you begin to fix me?" Roux took a step back, skeptically searching for an answer upon his twin's dark brow. "I was born this way--saying you can fix me is like saying you could take away my horn. My eyes are already a part of who I am." The doctor's son wanted to snort, his small body churning inwardly with a mixture of pride and shame and confusion. Sacre couldn't give him better eyes, could he? Their father was a doctor, one plagued with the knowledge of the land and the benefits--good or bad to the interpreter alone--and he could not even fix Roux's eyes! Or....had d'Artagnan not tried? Was there something that Sacre knew that d'Artagnan did not?

Doubtful.

Blinking, Roux took a step towards Sacre and lowered his small head. "I am sorry brother, I should not be so harsh to you." the young boy had taken the playful night, full of wanderlust and hope, and turned it into a dark blow to the gut. He did not understand why Sacre wanted to adventure so badly. Roux wanted to see the world, yes, and he knew he would, but there was a time for that. Now their only task, in this time, was to grow and learn within the chains of the Aurora Basin.

ROUX
Million stars up in the sky
Formed a tiger's eye
That looked down on my face,
Out of time and out of place

image by msn678@flickr