the Rift

[OPEN] Cry princess, cry

Sinuhe Posts: 38
Dragon's Throat Mare
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.1 :: 3
Roo

Cry Princess, cry

I was angry, hurt, upset. I couldn't even believe I had let Mauja get to me like that. I hated him, his cockiness, his whininess, his complete attitude to others. I had been willing to help the brash stallion find his way back but no, he had come across to me like a baby. I thought he said he was a prince? I had met many princes, none had acted like a baby, such as he had. His father and mother must of been embarrassed by his babyish behavior, I know if I was mother to a colt like Mauja (gods forbid) I was be embarrassed.

But it wasn't his childish behavior that had got to me. It was the way he was when I told him I was a princess, doubting my heritage. I knew he was to thick to believe it, so I didn't expect him to (he was to much up his own arse) But it was his spotty face that modeled to the expression that it did, and how he said it. It was like he doubted I was sired by a great leader, a great stallion and (although he was boring at times) a great father. I may not of never been the perfect daughter at all times but he was still my father, and I was still his daughter. A gentle tear rolls down my cheek, falling on the ground which was crisp with a layer of frost.

It was the end of the day. Darkness was settling over Helovia rapidly, stars started slowly to appear in the sheet of blackness overhead but still, light emitted from behind the trees, however it was gradually dimming over the passing minutes. I sigh deeply, telling myself strictly to stop crying. He was dead, they were all dead. Then here I was, I had avenged my father but they had still overthrown the land, I had still failed him. There was nothing, nothing that I could do now. It was done. Finished. You could not rewind time.

I halt in the middle of the forest. The trees were naked now, there bark cold when your rump scraped across it through tight gaps. It gently started to snow and I thought of the times I used to almost dance though the falling flakes, father by my side at times. This was not one of those dancing days though. I stood in the forest of naked trees whilst the snow tumbled round me. Sighing deeply I start to nuzzle around on the ground, searching for some grass.

"blah blah blah."

Sinuhe by Ella mansell on Grooveshark

Voodoo Posts: 231
Outcast atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: Eight :: Birdsong HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Ouija :: Arctic Fox :: None Nevada

The air was bitter as it entered my lungs, almost seeming to create frozen flakes in the back of my mouth and down my throat. My head, crowned with the manic color that also splashed my mug and stained my eyes, lifted into the air, searching for any new scents or sounds. Both nostrils flared as I drew in each breath, a soft cloud expelling form my body with each exhale. The air far above, barely visible under the dense layer of evergreen tree branches above head, was full of dark clouds that slithered through the sky. They drizzled a soft powder onto the canopies of the trees, only for the frozen rain flakes to escape the tree tops and float down to the cold earth below.

My young brain really only knew living in the cold, besides the travel to the heart of our land where I had met that ridiculously giddy mare, Africa. She was far too vulnerable and high spirited to be "adventuring" by herself, as she had called it. Red tinged ears rotated around, taking in creaking branches and moaning winds from a fair distance. Just as I lowered my face back to shoulder level, the unexpected scent of dry, desert air flooded my nostrils. I had smelled that before, but where?

Bloody red eyes peered around, though I kept my head low. There was no reason to be irritated, but I suddenly became irrational. Africa one of the calm voices told me. At first I had no idea what they were talking about, but I quickly connected what they were telling me. The scent. That's what Africa had smelled like; dry, parched.. much like this one. I raised my agile skull again, instincts pushing my long dark legs toward the source of the familiar smell. I was never taught to stay away from strangers. Mother had never had the change, though I'm sure she would have.

Black hooves scraped lazily against the now white ground, kicking up tiny clouds of the light powder. Each miniscule flake that landed on my black hide stuck to my thick fur. I was conditioned to this weather, as every unicorn that thrived in the Basin was... or, should be I guess. My red eyes continued to flick back and forth, watching each and every direction. Be careful child, don't be an idiot Being so concentrated on the thought of finding this fellow traveler, the voices made me jolt. It was a combination of a few of them, though they all had a gentle tone. This was always something I had to take into consideration. They always watched over me and made me feel comfortable, though they could drive me to the brink of suicide just as easily.

The form of a two toned unicorn suddenly made itself present, and she was a lot closer than I had expected. Her white body blended in with the now matching forest easily.. so easily in fact that if it weren't for the blue sheen that cascaded over her front quarters, I probably would have missed her completely. A blue, crystalline horn emerged from her face, creating a little less stress in my already pumped up body. It seemed that there was a constant flow of adrenaline through my veins, making me excited about every little thing.

A dark streak flowed down the mare's light cheek, staining it with a gray tint. She stood with her head low, seeming to be in search of grass. I stood about thirty feet away, my silvery-gray and red coat obviously standing out. I felt like a dark shadow across the canvas of untouched mountain snow. The long, tangled mess of black hair that connected to my back side swished back and forth for no apparent reason, just me wanting to be moving at every moment.

walking "talking" the voices
[Image: f2vjpl.png]

EVERYTHING YOU'RE RUNNING AWAY FROM
IS IN YOUR HEAD
[Image: 5389e9aca8b63]
Please tag him in every post!

Dragon's Throat Mare
Roo

Cry Princess, cry

Why was am I crying? I never cried and it had been years since I had even let my eyes well up with liquid. I hated myself for it, what if someone came? What if they thought I was a baby or, worse, had pity on me? Stop. I tell myself again firmly. My muzzle brushed along the short, bristle like grass, knocking of a tiny amount of frost off each blade as I search slowly for a decent bit. With my head low to the ground though instead of finding grass the scent of the Basin wanders past. How had I even missed the stench?

My head quickly flicks ear, ears tilted back, neck curved to allow my blue orbs to rest on just a young boy. His smokey coat had crimson markings, covering his muzzle in the blood color. His horn was the color of dry blood, pointing straight from the top of his head where either side red eyes lurked with pupils dark pupils. He had the same build as me, sleek and agile, and for a moment I wonder if he is the same breed as me. I had not yet meet another purebred thoroughbred here in Helovia so I thought maybe I was the only one, but I had been wrong obviously, there was no doubting his perfect breeding.

My eyes soften a little, seeing he was young with a mind most likely molded by the racists there. I could've easily gone straight in there and asked why he was with the Basin, even without introductions but I wasn't going to. Although I was curious as to why one so young had taken sides with the Basin it could've easily been explained; he was young and foolish. In the near future though he is sure to realise that and so won't want me nagging on at him, so I leave it. Instead I greet him with a small smile, ears tilting forward now and body facing him, taking a few steps towards him. "Greetings young one. I am Sinuhe, may I know what your name is?" I offer him the words is a quiet, gentle tone. I was still upset about the whole Mauja offence thing but I refused to let it show.

"blah blah blah."

The mare's glossy white and blue body was faced away from me, but I could tell that she was focused completely on my presence as soon as I made my way over. Her head propped up, her washed out blue eyes staring at me with a some what sharp slit. I felt the a cold lump roll down my throat. Her stare, it was just like that mare that had spotted me when I was watching the other foals play. My ears rotated forward, but my memories kept dancing in my head. The threesome of young equines and a unicorn pranced around, nipping and squealing at one another playfully. That was about the time that the crowned female had spotted me, calling to the children but keeping an intense stare in my direction. My heart felt like it dropped.

Once the memory faded, my attention came back to the bi-colored female in front of me. Her eyes were softer now and she turned to face me, taking a few long paces my way. My still swishing tail lashed back and forth one last time, though this time it was not as settle, but had a harsher whip. Her lips parted, gentle words spilling from her maw in a pleasant voice. She introduced herself as Sinuhe, questioning my name within the same sentence.

Each ear rotated back, searching for any sounds behind me. Go on, tell her your name. She's not going to do anything I drew in a deep breath, wanting to mock the voices in my head. They were doing nothing but irritating me today, being strangely nice compared to their usual bullying. "Voodoo." My response shortened from a whole sentence that rattled through my head into one word. One simple word that fell from my red muzzle in a soft sigh. How I hated introducing myself. It was always something that I would much rather skip. I knew one day it would come back to haunt me.

The mare, Sinuhe, was not much older than myself, I figured. She stood quite a bit shorter than I, but our frames were shaped quite similarly. Our shoulders were thin and lithe, while our necks where strong but thin as well. Each structure mimicked each other in a strange way that I had not seen since my days with Mother.

IS IN YOUR HEAD

Aiko Darleane Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Aiko Darleane
"There were times when I was afraid, so very afraid. The first time I had adventured from my home, I found my way to the place where I was born, the Deep Forest. It was something of a scary adventure, and it was something I didn't want to do. I remember standing at the borders of the Throat, looking out into the world beyond my safe place. I took a step, then another, and another. I felt...right. I knew then that I could do this, and I ran, running with all my might. No one would stop me: my mother, a guard, even the Sultana herself, from finding my father.

I traveled down a hill, escaping from sight. I did not think of how much my mother was going to worry, for I knew if I did, I would turn back, and he would never be found. My mother would have to simply understand. I was a filly of three moons then, making my way by myself in a strange new world. I didn't know what to think of it at first. Everything outside the Dragon's Throat was so beautiful. I sniffed the flowers as I walked by them, chased the small mammals I found, and I even went for a swim when I found a small pond. I ate grass, then I took a nap. By the time I awoke, it was getting dark. I started to panic, and I know that I have to find a place to lie for the night. I continue on the dirt path before my cloven hooves.

The darkness reaches it's full potential, and I am in a panicked rush, and I don't see the two horses in front of me. I almost run one, and I slow and I make my lithe body avoid her. There is a male and a female, both unicorns, and I am afraid. One smells strange, and the other smells of the Throat. I resist the urge to cling to her, because she smells like me, and I back away a bit, hoping that she doesn't catch my scent. I am about to lie for the first time in my life, and it wouldn't make it believable if I did so."

'Oh, I'm so sorry. I didn't almost mean to run into you. I'm a bit lost...do one of you know where the Aurora Basin is? My mommy said I could go out and play today, but I got lost, and I've been trying to find my way back all this time, but all I did was seem to make it worse...where am I?"

Dragon's Throat Mare
Roo

Cry Princess, cry

The stallion had hesitated, twisting his ears back, before speaking, as if he was listening for the voice of another but no one was coming or I would've heard or smelt them myself. Voodoo. The name stitched to an image of him in my head. The name was curious, almost fitting his dark and bloody red coloring. A light sigh drifts from out his muzzle in a foggy mist. Each breath I took could also be seen, but not as much as his sighing, which came out thicker and more clear.

I wondered if the young stallion was ok. Maybe he was lost or something, he was still only young although I was not much older than him, or maybe talking just wasn't one of his strong points. I didn't want the conversation to end quickly though, nor come to an awkward silence. A smile tugs at my lips, briefly showing before I asking, "Are you from the Basin?" The damp, cold smell, clearly clung onto his smoky coat, like a child to their toy. I wondered if he was maybe born there, forced there or even chose to go there. It wouldn't surprise me if they twisted wicked lies to fool the younger population to go there then slowly start the painful process of molding them into the perfect racist.

A growing smell of the Throat pinched at my nose, my neck curves round, blue orbs resting on a girl, even young then Voodoo. She takes a few quick step backs, her smokey bald mouth pouring out in explanation as to her charging entrance. I smile at her, waiting to finish until her words come to, Aurora Basin . I frown slightly. Why would such a beautiful, innocent child of the Throat want to go there? My mommy said I could go out and play today, but I got lost. What kind of mother from the Throat let her young child go and play at the Basin? It was like a sick twisted tale, that I didn't believe. I know I can be stupid, but I find it hard to believe that anyone of the Throat would let there child play there.

I shake my head, lowing it to her height. I was fully aware a member of the Basin was here but it didn't stop my mouth from blurting, I wasn't prepared to let this filly wander into danger. "No. You must not go there, they do not take kindly to strangers. I am Sinuhe by the way, and if you will not listen, then I will stop you myself." I say firmly, although there was kindness in my tone. I then lift my head to Voodoo, a questioning look in my eye. "No offence, you aren't always the kindest gang, not that I am judging you by them." The truth was that I wasn't, me and Voodoo were neutral, me and the Basin were enemies.

"blah blah blah."

My red optics focused past the pastel colored mare, watching the flakes continue to spill from the tree tops. A small gust wiped over the thickly vegetated partial of land, stirring the light flakes. They danced accordingly, swirling around and climbing up my lanky limbs. The chill of the gust of air reminded me of home, which I was quickly growing fond of. Before I had even considered finding a permanent home, I had no solid home. I wandered aimlessly, following small herds like the outcast I had been. Every one feared me when I was alone. Why? I had no idea. They either heard you talking to yourself, or just knew you were crazy two voices rang simultaneously. If I were alone, I would snap at them, but I couldn't now.. not in front of others.

The mare spoke up again, shortly after I had reviled my calling to her. My brain made it seem like it had been ten minutes before a response though. "Are you from the Basin?" Her maw tightened into a smirk. I simply nodded my articulate skull. The settle air carried another scent, once much like the smell radiating off of the female across from me. Sinuhe and I's faces snapped in the same direction simultaneously, where my dark eyes dropped on a rushing filly. She awkwardly stopped herself a short distance away from us, her tiny body nearer to her fellow Throat wanderer.

Even though she seemed a little bewildered, the young foal rambled on for a moment, asking about the Basin. She claimed that her mother had let her run off and play. What mother would do such a thing when their child was so young still, so delicate and easily manipulated. Two toned ears pushed forward, focusing everything on the small female.. up until Sinuhe began bad talking my home land.

Her words were brash, but still spoken in a gentle tone toward her fellow herd mate. What a bitch the voice that sounded most like Mother spat, though Mother would never talk like that around me. I flicked my ears back again, my eyes darting up to attempt to meet Sinuhe's gaze. "Actually, little one, it's not that bad." My eyes fell back down to the filly, "But why would you want to travel all the way to the Basin? That's a very long trip from home, especially alone." If it were the two of us alone, I would have swept the small female under my hypothetical wing and brought her back to the Basin in a heart beat. She would learn that "our kind" was not all that evil. Though, I never said that about myself.

IS IN YOUR HEAD

Unregistered
Aiko Darleane
"It was in that moment that I felt my heart burst for the first time. I stood there for a minute, listening to their words, and it was within seconds that I felt hot liquid pouring down my cheeks. It was all going to be so simple, and I was going to find my father, but now...now it was all ruined. I wanted to scream, to shout, to run, to fight. But all I did was sit down and cry. I couldn't speak for the longest time, I just sat there and cried. It had been a whole season since my father had gone, and I what was I supposed to do? My father was all I had beside my mother, and we needed him. I wouldn't just let him go, but Mother had. She had been so distant...what was a young filly supposed to think? Had her mother given up on the fact that her papa was gone forever? Well I sure wouldn't.

My heart hurt, and it was the first time that I had felt the pain sting me where it was most precious. However, something strange happened, and to this day I still don't exactly understand it. My chest started to glow, and I felt myself soothed of my heart ache, and I was able to get myself under control. I looked at both of the adults, feeling shy, and I almost backed away. My voice when I spoke was low and quiet, but distinct."

'My father is trapped in the Basin. He has been there the whole season. That is why I want to go to the Basin. I want to know why he was stolen from me and my mother when I was a month old. It seems no one else will do anything about it, and I've tried to tell the Sultana, but nothing has gotten done, and my mother won't even help. I must find and bring my father home. This is why I wish to go to the Basin. I...I just want my father back.'

Dragon's Throat Mare
Roo
Sinuhe

For godsake....

I hated kids who whined and cried. It wasn't that I totally hated kids, normally they were kind of cute and you wanted to go up to them and snuggle them (if their mothers weren't about anyway) and play games with them and generally have a fun time to forget the world. I normally got along with them pretty well, even when times were hard. They always wanted to see their beloved princess and mix with her royal blood despite how much my father disagreed with it. However, I couldn't stand them when they whined and burst into tears. It got right under my skin.

I myself had never been a child who cried. Yes, sometimes I would get a mardi and having a little tantrum but I had always done it in a tougher, less childish way. To me, anyone who cried was weak and needed to get there head screwed on, wipe their eyes, and move the hell on. I had this opinion on this girl who stood crying in front of me, Voodoo defending his land. I rest on leg on the ground, tempted to roll my eyes but resisting the urge. At least, I did have these feelings towards the filly until I heard her story.

Yet another rumor of the Basin and their ways. I was sick to the bone of it. I wanted to head over there right now and show them whats' fucking what. In fact, I would. My head lifts, eyes narrowed and focused on Voodoo. "Got anything to say for yourself then, Voodoo?" With fury I spit his name out, not wishing to look upon his ghastly body so I turn to the young girl. My eyes were as cool as ice though hot as lava. My head is lowered slightly to address her more personally and strongly (but kindly) I say, "Stop crying. Your father will be found in the next day so eaither run along to your mother or stay close by my side." sternly I turn back to the sickly stallion. "And you," I talk coldly, taking a couple of steps closer to him. "You get the hell out of my way.

OOC: I will be making a thread in the Basin tomorrow to rescue him. It will be based before her Challange in the Basin.

The foal stared babbling again, this time she was completely bawling at the same time. My ears turned back and I looked down at her awkwardly, not knowing what exactly to do. She complained about her father being stripped from her at such a young age, plucking at one of the deeply hidden feelings in my brain. The feeling of having a parent taken from you was like a hot blade slicing into your very core. But, instead of a sentimental feeling bubbling into my heart, I felt nothing. Obviously the poor bastard did something to be brought back to my home.

Just as I cocked my head, ready to respond and let the filly know that he was probably fine, the older mare turned a completely new leaf. The presence of the child must have wiggled into some hidden hatred of hers or something. The bitch slayed my name with her cold words, trying to pry something from me. My brain clicked into defensive action, the voices suddenly all murmuring in my brain. "As a matter of fact you broad, I don't. The stupid bastard probably got himself into something that he couldn't get out of!" My words were hollow, not having much feeling behind them.

Who did this cunt think she was? She dropped her head back down to the young female; Clobber her in the back of the fucking head! a duo screamed at me simultaneously. I kept all four feet on the soil, though my front right hoof dug angrily into the soft earth. My imagination created a gory scene of blood splattered across her dainty white body, draining from her propped open mouth like a red river. The twisted image bubbling a strange, yet satisfying feeling that coursed through my veins.

Her ivory head craned back up, cold eyes piercing me like dull knives. "Get the hell out of my way." Her body drew closer, creating a tension in my muscular back haunches. An angry snort erupted from my nostrils and I pushed my front quarter into the air, dagger like hooves wielding toward the mare's face. My intentions were not to hit her, but if it were to happen, then so be it. This bitch thought she was hard? Let me knock those fucking pedestals down from right under her fucking feet.

[Ooc; Aaaangry Voodee! Sorry! :o ]

IS IN YOUR HEAD

Dragon's Throat Mare
Roo
Sinuhe

I stamp angrily at the words of Voodoo, wanting to kick in that boggled skull of his. Maybe I could chop it of, throw it to the ground of the Basin cackling and say, "Have your own fucking medicine!" Then again, pelt his head in with my hooves whilst the sick buddies themselves watched the limp tongue flock out his opened jaw, the life in his eyes fade, and the blood splatting out from his body. Thats what I personally think we should do to all of them. But I don't. Instead my more commanding voice booms at him, the one I would use to tell my old servants what to do if they were being down right difficult. "MOVE!" Then, he made a grave mistake.

The front half of his body was thrown up into the air, all his weight shifting onto his back legs. His front legs attacked the air violently. He had forgot one thing though, I had a horn and his belly at the moment was in clear view and very close. He was fucking lucky he wasn't worth anything to me. When he was fully in the air, at his most vulnerable point and his hooves dangerously close to my head, I go with power and force trying to knock him over and it would unless he had some superpower or something, which I doubted.

Once the move was over I stand back, admiring my work on the lowlife. Let him know I am not afraid to gut him right here, right now. I wield my horn dangerously in his direction stepping back to give him space however the danger in my horn wielding couldn't go unmissed to him. "Don't push it again." My voice is like ice from hell. Cold, sharp as daggers, dangerous.

OOC: I think she is turning slightly psychopathic o.o I would challenge him on this but I can't because she is already in one so she is just trying to knock him over whilst he is at his highest point in rearing xD

Unregistered
Aiko Darleane
"The mare and the stallion fought, in it was soon that I was scared. What in the world had I started? They spouted words at each other, then the mare started to attack the stallion, and it was then that I was afraid, enough for my tiny body to take action. I fled, like a deer jumping to and fro to avoid a predator. It was dark, too dark for me to see well, and my black eyes welled with tears. I just wanted to get home. Home, with my father. Why was it that everything was so scary all of a sudden? Being young meant that there were things that hid in the dark that could make you feel your heart pump to a quicker pace, and that the world could be enough to crush you until you were nothing but paste. I had felt lost since daddy was gone, and it wouldn't be the last time I would feel that same lost, even when he was with me. My father was a great horse in my eyes, and I miss him dearly to this day, and his words would always rattle through me:

The world will never crush you, because you are better than it, stronger and more beautiful when you realize that the world is nothing but a barrier. Don't let it hold you back.

Even without my good memory, I would still remember that sentence. I leap now, stuck in the moment and I know I am almost home, for I see the familiar path that which is there. There are some horses on patrol, scattered about and on keen watch, and though I should feel scared, I fly right by them, for they should be able to smell me and realize that I am of this herd. I rush to find my mother, calling for her, and when I find her, I start crying. I can't speak, I only sob into her. I will tell her later what has gotten me so upset, but for right now, I only want the comfort and peace that a mother can bring to her young child."

OCC: Aiko out, I wanted to reply even if Roo isn't here anymore