the Rift

[OPEN] Child of fire

Rishima Posts: 137
World's Edge Moon Advocate
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2 :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Kali :: Common Griffin :: Draining Clutch Charks
[Image: Rishheader.jpg]

Tandavi, listen close, and I will tell you how you start life in this world.

You are born on a cliff overlooking the sea. Under a setting sun I find myself alone, tucked in a corner of the world reserved solely for me and you and the lives we protect. Kali rests a restless head upon my back and an anxious claw upon your egg, the companion I shall offer you when I cannot give you my own soul. With the rise of the crescent moon comes the fall of my head, black cheek pressed into soft grass, every stray pebble a pinprick upon my skin. So long it has been, so many years I have lived, and yet pain such as this is unlike all I have had before. It is all the raging agony of my burning flesh in the Sun God's rage, and all the wrenching pain of coming across the ruined form of the child I swore to protect. You tear me apart, body and soul, and I reward you by forcing you into a world of broken hearts and wretched dreams.

I labor with you through the night, and you wait until dawn to give me reprieve.

The first rays of sun peer curiously out from behind the woods, casting a rosy glow upon the silver sea. The comforting purr of an avian friend beats comfortingly against my heaving side as I push, push, one last time and then you tumble out of me, an alien ejected from within my womb, wet and wild and red as the falling leaves. You are an autumn child, gold highlights on your chestnut hide, an indistinct crescent striking a line through your youthful face. In this gold you are me; otherwise you are your father, your grandfather, a flame of the morning who will dance with shadows until your night falls, and it pains me to look upon you and remember those I have loved.

Kali loves you. She purrs and purrs as I lick away the fluids from your body, and you watch her through those black, black eyes, curious yet unafraid. She lays before you the pulsing egg, and you watch that too, and I watch you. Do you understand the gift I am giving you? The responsibility that it accompanies? Do you understand why I am doing this, why I put another life in your heart when you are so young and unable to even care for yourself?

Someday, perhaps, you will.

In the rising dawn above the sparkling sea, I stand on shaky legs and wait for you to rise into your world. This land is yours, yours to claim and explore. I have brought you here and now you must stand on your own. You will suffer and you will love, you will feel joy and pain, and I am sorry for it.

I love you, Tandavi. Know that.

[Image: Rishifooter.jpg]

Madyrn Maskan Posts: 87
Deceased
Stallion :: Equine :: 17hh :: 16
Whit

Brothers of fire and shadow stalked the night walker that was their sister - their lover. Though they rarely made it obvious, they kept her within their apricot hued sights always, never letting her moonlit hide become too swallowed in mist and fog. The behaviour itself was not unusual for the brothers, who always were more protective of their kin, and Rishima was now more to them than their kin - she embodied the perfect mare in their eyes, she and Mirage both, each one perfect in their own dynamic balance of imperfections and perfections. And now, she held something they never dreamed possible - a child, a new life, and one of their blood.

Rishima was not of their blood, not until now. They brothers remembered that night, but not straight away. Each held scars from where the other had lashed out with sharp hoof and tooth, where a battle of dominance had ended in an equal serving of one whom they treasured more than ever now. Protecting their sister was not unusual, but the reasons for it now were probably viewed as such. Their little moonbeam would bear their seed well, she was the only one capable - surely, for they had bedded many a mare in the past and none had carried their seed to term, as far as they knew. Whatever became of their coupling that drunken, passionate evening would be magnificent.

The entire night long they stood vigil, moving with smooth, swinging gaits, sketching a perimeter about her, deterring any wildlife or herdmates that were not related to them away with a polite but firm telling. They knew that she laboured long and hard - and that was unsual, for Mirage's birth had been swift, even with two children to birth. As they passed each other, eyes would lock onto one another, and silently they would share in the concern they held for their little moonbeam. She would bear their babe successfully - there was no other alternative.

The dawn came, and with it, new life was brought into the world at last.

Coming together with a synchrony no amount of practice could ever perfect - they simply were synchronised - the brothers' paths became one and they approached their beloved. Crowns lowered, and sharp eyes scanned the scene with swift, keen acuity. Within their breasts, hearts thrummed with a passion akin to the night that led to this wonder, and within their throats, low, guttural greetings were summoned. Without hesitation they brushed their maws against the dark mare's, before moving to give space for the gryphon and her parcel, and the aflamed youth who lay in the middle of it all. Within her they saw themselves, their father, their beloved.

They smiled.

"Rise." Madyrn's deep tones, laced with warm encouragement, spoke, his crown lowered to the eye level of the filly.
"She is like you, Mish." Maskan added, equally warm as he beheld the fathomless depths of his sister's eyes. Aye, she was their beloved, but she would always be their sister, even if it took a lifetime to properly bind them by blood.