Rhiannon Posts: 76
Outcast atk: 4.0 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 6 Years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sparrow
We Talked
Together Sharpening a Knife
Like Killing Partners for a Life
Hey, We can Hide the Bodies on the Ride Home
Small, solid hooves struck at nothing but snow and ice as the small, brindled princess made her way through the Basin. It was growing colder, she realized, a phenomenon that didn't go unnoticed by her dual-colored orbs and her thin, lanky frame. What was it that caused the weather to change again? What was it called when the season grew colder?

Abruptly, as if a switch being sprung, the word came to her mind. "... Frostfall." Yes, that was it. Wasn't that what Crowley, her father, had called the season of winter? Snow would fall, Crowley had told her, but it didn't make much of a difference to her. After all, in the Basin, there was almost always snow. At least, there had been since the day of her birth. Or, night rather, as she had been born beneath the beautiful rays of the aurora borealis.

Still, since then, Rhiannon had adapted far greater to her enviornment than she had imagined. Where the cold had first been brutal, stinging her thin hide relentlessly, she now embraced the familiar chill. It made her feel full of life, being able to suck in deep breaths and practically taste the frigid air. Still, growing used to it now never stopped the filly from returning to the Weaver's cave and pressing herself against Crowley's strong legs for warmth.

He was a good father, Rhiannon had decided, flicking her head back slightly as she paced herself leisurely through the newly-fallen snows. Her thin, lanky legs pierced through the drifts, causing her to hop a few times like a child-deer... Or those funny snow-goats that she had spotted on a few occasions as she followed Crowley around. But, back to the topic of her father...

While sometimes gruff and stern, Crowley was a remarkable care provider. He made sure that her belly was never grumbly, and that she was always kept warm when the freezing wind blew mercilessly outside of their cave. He also provided her a playmate in the form of Talbot. Crowley was especially thorough when it came to teaching her the ways of the world. Already Rhiannon knew, according to the Weaver, that unicorns were supreme. Everyone else was scum and trash, marring the pure blood that ran through the veins of every horned equine. While the brindled filly had never personally met a normal equine or a pegasus, the only good they were for, she decided, was to be squished beneath the small ebony stones that were her hooves.

The thought made her giggle, dark lips upturning in a joyous expression. Dual-colored eyes glittered in child-like glee, a little 'hop' invading her pace and causing her trot to turn high-knee'd. The snow puffed up into the air with each prancing step that she took, her thin, scrawny limbs sinking down to the knee in the snow but not allowing herself to be hindered. It was such a nice, crips Orangemoon day...

"Snow, why are you so cold?" Rhiannon asked the powdery substance, pausing in mid-stride to snap her head downward and push her muzzle through the pristine canvas of white. A few crystallized flakes stuck to her whiskered muzzle, and the filly nearly went cross-eyed trying to look at the offending wetness. "And wet? You fall from the sky like rain, but you aren't rain, because rain isn't white and fluffy. Perhaps Papa and Talbot will know..."

Arah Posts: 343
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Wynter :: Royal Griffin :: Draining Clutch Frostie
[Image: 4hz8ty.jpg]
Credits; Carnival-ride-Stock.deviantart.com SweetDreams-Stock.deviantart.com Photomanipulator; AlexLibby.deviantart.com

Arah

She wasn't a mothering character personally. Many believed that once she had her own child, she would grow into the mothering form. Perhaps it was true, however Arah personally had no interest in having children. Once she had looked after a foal for another mare and boy was it stressful. Panic constantly consumed the young mare. Arah was convinced that the young one was blinking far too quickly which surely was a sign of brain damage or something. Or perhaps the reason was something like separation anxiety and the poor thing was having a panic attack from being left with a stranger. It wasn't that she didn't like foals. It was just that she didn't trust herself to look after them properly.

The Impersonator was back from a rather annoying meeting with some intruders. The frown that creased her forehead could be seen from miles away. She hated it when others felt that they could just wonder into The Basin. For every day that she was breathing, she would make sure, that the outsiders couldn't enter her home. Harm her herd, her family. Either way they had been dealt with. A rather cruel smile crossed her face as she thought about how scary Deimos had been. Arah doubted the two annoying mares would be back for a very long time.

Her golden orbs now fell onto a little filly playing in the snow. A smile covered her lips, but...my my my. She recognised that mashed pelt, having met both Elizabeth and Crowley, she did not need to ask whose filly this was. She now looked around for the little girl's mother, she had saved that mares life after all. She was no where in sight though. So Arah approached the little foal with caution, for both of their safety. She heard the end of the filly's cute question towards the snow and quietly answered her. "Snow forms if the air in a cloud is below freezing. The water vapor then turns to ice instead of rain and the tiny ice crystals stick together until they form snowflakes. When they get heavy enough to fall, they drop out of the clouds." She smiled and wondered if the answer was too complex for the little filly to grasp what she meant. "Snow is cold because..." how to put this for the smaller one. "Snow is cold because it is made up of frozen water." There. That should work.

She now watched the little dove for signs of hypothermia, just her luck of course. The filly would die and she would be blamed. What was she doing out here, alone, without her mother? Better get on first name base incase the filly turned out to have a dying wish. "I'm Arah, I know your mummy and daddy." She smiled and continued. "I'm also a unicorn from The Basin, I work for Lady Psyche like your parents." Arah frowned and looked around again. "Speaking of which, where are your parents?" She inquired towards the little filly, worried that she might be lost. Good lord, what if she's been lost for days and is starving?! What did you feed foals?
Forcibly calming herself she patiently waited on the filly's answer.
'You can do this, you can do this.'

Haunted by my eyes, the way they hold your attention even in the loudest silences.
Notes; She's so cute! <3
Words; 545
Tag; Rhiannon

And I ain't afraid to die, I’m afraid of going to hell.

✽ Force and magic permitted. ✽
✽ No fatal or permanent damage. ✽
✽ Please only tag in opening posts. ✽

Sparrow
We Talked
"Snow forms if the air in a cloud is below freezing. The water vapor then turns to ice instead of rain and the tiny ice crystals stick together until they form snowflakes. When they get heavy enough to fall, they drop out of the clouds."

For Rhiannon, it made perfect sense for her to be startled by the approach and abrupt words of a stranger. Her quiet inquiry had been answered, but not by Crowley or Talbot, who she had assumed would answer her question much later at home. Instead, a pale mare stood a few paces away, her golden orbs locked upon Rhiannon's lanky frame. The scrutiny made the filly somewhat uncomfortable, and for a moment she shifted in her spot, hooves shuffling left and right before her pride kicked in.

Lifting her head, Rhiannon gazed at the stranger with her dual-colored eyes, cranium poised almost haughtily. While the brindled filly was still young, and honestly hadn't met many others who resided in the Basin, it always filled her with some kind of uncertain fear whenever she did meet someone. After all, strangers could be dangerous, couldn't they? Yet the more that Rhiannon's eyes lingered upon the ivory mare that had startled her, the more she felt at east. The two, magnificent horns that protruded from the female's forehead were reassuring to see, and Rhiannon couldn't help but notice just how pretty the mare's mane and tail were.

Perhaps one day, hers could be like that. The thought made the short stump of her own tail flick, if only once.

"I guess that makes sense," Rhiannon responded eventually, meaning the pale female's words about snow and how it was made. Truly, it didn't make any sense to the filly. What was a 'vapor'? Heck if she knew. "I mean, yeah, vapor and stuff. Makes the snow. I should've guessed that."

Then, the mare introduced herself, and explained how she knew Rhiannon's parents. Well, duh. Who didn't know Crowley and Elizabeth? Arah certainly did. It was a pretty name, Rhiannon thought, a good name to suit such a pretty mare. "My name is Rhiannon, but my Papa calls my Nonnie. Only he can call me Nonnie, though! Okay?" The words were accentuated by a bristling from the filly, her shoulders rolling back as she squared them and her tiny, ebony chest puffing out in a sad attempt of intimidation. The thought of someone else calling her 'Nonnie' was deeply unsettling for the youngling, who took to her father like white on snow. Or something like that.

"My parents," Rhiannon answered, turning her head left and right as if searching for them. Upon not seeing them, the youngling grinned broudly, small tail thumping against her dark rear. "Are doing boring 'adult' things. I'm out here playing, 'cause I was bored in the cave, and Talbot wasn't there to play with me. So, I'm here." The brindled filly then paused, gold and silver eyes narrowing as if scrutinizing Arah's pale form. "Why are you here? Did you come to play? 'Cause, if you did... You gotta know the secret horn-shake."

This so-called 'horn' shake was nothing even remotely fancy, just a mere bump between horns. It was something that Rhiannon had developed doing to Crowley, simply because she could. Much like how she would bump her meager, blunt growing horns against the Weaver's leg in greeting.

Credits; Carnival-ride-Stock.deviantart.com SweetDreams-Stock.deviantart.com Photomanipulator; AlexLibby.deviantart.com

Arah

At the filly's answer Arah struggled not to burst out with laughter. It was clear that the adorable little girl had absolutely no idea what she was talking about. It was positively hilarious, but the Impersonator kept her face neutral and nodded along with the filly, acting as if she believed that the filly understood. 'Vapor and stuff' at times like this Arah thought she really could be a mother. They way she pretended to have a clue was just overwhelming. She introduced herself as Rhiannon, and Nonnie, only Arah was immediately forbidden from calling her Nonnie. "Okay! Okay, understood." She was quick to assure the youngster that she would refrain herself from using that name. The last thing this mare wanted to do was upset the headstrong Rhiannon. Arah was actually enjoying chatting with her, which not only surprised her, it shocked her. Rhiannon was stubborn and a little bossy, but coming from such a small being...well it was cute. Then again, knowing both her parents Arah shouldn't have expected much different. "Rhiannon is a beautiful name." Arah grinned at the filly. She went on a rant about her parents doing boring adult things and Arah really did laugh this time. "Well I don't know the secret horn-shake, but I'm sick of doing boring adult things, of course I'm here to play." Arah told the cutie.

She watched the young girl closely to make sure that she was cold or hurt. Still not really knowing how to look after young ones, Arah was just winging it. Hey, it could be good practise incase she ever had a child of her own. Then again, The Impersonator was only four years old. She was still farily young and probably would have a kid for a few more years. It also wasn't that long along when she too was running around playing. She certainly remembered some of the games she played when she was as young as this filly.

Her mother was always panicking with Arah, which is way Arah was so horrible at relaxing around children. This ebony filly was no doubt going to help her understand children a little more. Learn why they did such weird things. Arah knew that there was much she was about to learn. The smile still sat on her lips, her bright golden eyes were cautious and calculating. Ready to learn like a bright eyed child sitting before a teacher.

"So are you going to teach me this secret horn-shake, so we can play or what?" Arah inquired. She was quite keen to watch over Rhiannon until one of her parents came and claimed her back. Until then Arah would test the waters of mothering. Even if it would only be for a short while, she was curious how long the game would last until someone ended up hurt.

Haunted by my eyes, the way they hold your attention even in the loudest silences.
Notes;
Words; 475
Tag; Rhiannon

Sparrow
We Talked
'Okay! Okay, understood.'

Arah's words were quick like lightning, easily dampening the filly's growing concern within seconds, as if she truly undestood Rhiannon's uneasiness when it came to others calling her 'Nonnie.' That was the name only reserved for Crowley; he was the only one allowed to call her that. Honestly, Rhiannon didn't know if she'd even allow Elizabeth to use it... Maybe. Then again, maybe not. Then, however, Arah continued, daring to speak so boldy as to call Rhiannon's name 'beautiful'. The comment took her breath away.

Arah thought that her name was pretty? The thought made the filly positively beam, ebony lips upturning in a elated and happy smile, the frosted strands of her short tail thumping against her brindled rear. Did that mean, then, that Arah thought that she was pretty? Unlike this ivory, pristine mare before her, Rhiannon was dark and brindled, resembling both of her parents to the letter. Horns taking after her father, as well as the ivory brindles, and one golden eye. The rest of her; the silver sheen adorning her dark coat and silver eye all resembled Elizabeth.

Maybe when she grew up, Rhiannon would be as pretty as Arah. The thought made her giggle to herself, pawing nervously at the ground with one solid, dark hoof. It was then that Arah continued speaking, her melodious vocals permeating the chilly Orangemoon air.

"You're here to play?" Rhiannon asked after a moment, eagerly snapping her head up to attention. Oh, how wonderful! "Talbot is my only friend, and he's away with Papa... So I'll gladly play with you! Of course, after I teach you the shake... But you have to promise not to tell anyone, okay?" Each delicate leg then strode forward, sinewy tendons flexing as the filly's tiny, brindled body approached Arah's larger frame. Ebony and ivory, the two were an amazing contrast now that they stood directly apart, and something about this older mare simply drew Nonnie in.

"Here, lower your head so I can reach your horns. I'm not as big as you, y'know. At least not yet!" Rhiannon instructed, and then promptly waited until Arah had done as she asked before moving on to the next, crucially important step of the secret horn-shake. "Now... We touch horns, just like... This." As the filly's innocent words wafted through the air, Rhiannon moved forward, neck stretching outwards so that she could delicately touch the tip of her nubby horns to the rather impressive set of antlers that Arah sported. A simple 'tap' was all that occured, and Rhiannon practically yanked her head back with an ecstatic grin.

"There! That's the secret horn-shake! But remember, no tellin'!" The filly stepped back only a foot, looking up at Arah with dual-colored eyes. Her smile softened and she tossed her head playfully. "You wanna play now, right? What do you wanna play? Sometimes Talbot and I wrestle each other... Do you like wrestling?" Surely Arah did. Who didn't like to wrestle? Well, Crowley didn't... But that never stopped her.

[ooc: Sorry for the blah post, darling, and for the wait!]

Arah

She was so cute just standing there rabbeting on about some colt named Talbot, who was apparently her only friend. "Well if you would like," Arah said kindly. "I can be your friend, then you'll have even more friends!" She smiled at Rhiannon. The golden orbs watched as the little filly drew in closer, smiling at the little shadow, Arah tried to seem safe and welcoming. Arah found herself relaxing about the little bird, she was friendly and it seemed fairly obvious what her mind was thinking. She wanted friends and she wanted to play. Arah still was curious as to what this secret horn thing was. Well it seemed that she was about to be shown, Rhiannon demanded that she should lower her head so she could reach her horns. Arah studied the filly for a second the complied. As she elegantly bowed her head, she responded to the filly, "Yes, I'm sure you will be taller than I am one day soon." Arah just stood there feeling ridiculous, then the tiny raven moved forward. She delicately touched the tip of her nubby horns to Arah's antlers, Arah hid the smirk as she raised her head to see Rhiannon's ecstatic grin.

That was it, now Arah was apparently ready to play. Already the young girl was asking about wrestling. With made Arah nervous. No, she didn't want to wrestle, what if she crushed the little filly beneath her? Oh no, fate and her parents would never forgive her. Arah's brain worked quickly. "I do like to wrestle, but I'm afraid of hurting you. You see at the moment I'm a lot bigger than you are." Arah words were soft, and position was relaxed, hoping to let the filly understand that it wasn't that Arah didn't want to play with her it was that she didn't want to hurt the pretty little dove. It would be so easy to roll the wrong way and crush her or to turn her head to the wrong side and poke the girls eye out. Arah would never forgive herself for maiming such a young pretty girl. No doubt she would have to leave The Basin if that ever happened. "So why don't we play a different game?" Arah asked the filly, she smiled and hummed slightly thinking about different games that they could play. Thinking back to her childhood was easy, soon she was remembering all the games she used to spend endless hours playing. Her favourite game was hide and go seek. With her eyes settled on Rhiannon, Arah grinned.

"There is this one game that I used to love playing as a filly." She took a few steps closer to the filly and then started setting up a perimeter in her mind. "Say, if we don't go past that tree there, or that bush there or that tree or that dead log there, we can play hide and go seek?"

Notes; Ew, it sucks. Next reply will be better and a faster rely. :3
Words; 489
Tag; Rhiannon

Sparrow
We Talked
"I do like to wrestle, but I'm afraid of hurting you. You see at the moment I'm a lot bigger than you are."

Nonnie's mind paused, her head tilting slightly at Arah's words. Her mind had been filled with playful images of she and this white creature frolicking through the equally pale snow, romping around and boisterously clambering into one another in the name of good fun. It was wrestling, in its finest form, but Arah's words effectively put a stop to the young filly's abundant imagination. Still, she supposed that Arah did have a point... They definately wouldn't be able to wrestle or play if Arah perhaps tripped, and squished her. Not saying that the pretty mare was large, just... Larger than she. Still, that would be something difficult to explain to Crowley.

Dual-colored eyes stared curiously at the older lady. If they wouldn't wrestle, then what would they do? Still, as it seemed, Arah held all the answers.

"A different game?" Rhiannon asked curiously, her head tilting quickly in the other direction. The youth's little head was at rapt attention, ears poised forwards, eyes locked on the elder's as if she was the most interesting thing in the world. Of course, at this point in time, that was true. "What kind of game, miss Arah?"

As Rhiannon was beginning to figure out, Arah did not disappoint. The beautiful mare grinned, then offered a game called 'hide and go seek.' The brindled youth pondered over the title, wondering what it could possibly be about, but as the words danced around in her head, she figured it out. "So... I hide, and you find me? Or you hide, and I find you?" As she asked, Rhiannon's eyes grew bright with joy, her whole body positivily quivering with pent-up excitement. Oh, the possibilities of fun! "Okay! Okay, and I won't go past the bushes and the trees and logs and stuff. Am I gonna find you, miss Arah? I'm a really good hider, though, 'cause I hide from Papa all the time!"

[ooc: So... So... Soooo sorry for the wait, Frostie. <3 Still gettin' in the groove since my absence, so pardon the short-ness.]