the Rift

[OPEN] pretty little life [open]

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
   Ranjiri</style>
  give me strength when i'm standing and faith when i fall</style>

It's been a while since the last time I've seen you, daddy. It was the day I opened my eyes to a new and dazzling world and saw you standing next to momma. I knew who you were right away, just like I knew who momma was. There were a lot of others there, most of them I know by faces and not by name. Don't worry, I'll learn who they are eventually. I like it here in the Foothills. There's lots of grass and water. I wish you could be here more often. I asked momma why you weren't here, she said that you live in a place called the Dragon's Throat and that you have duties there as a Sergeant. I think that's what she said. Maybe she said General. It's all words that I don't really understand. All I know is that they keep you from being here with me and I don't really like it all that much. Momma doesn't either, but she says you have your duties.

I'm not lonely, though. I have my big brother here sometimes. Ros is always here, though. She's my best friend, I don't know if I told you that already. Have you met her yet? I don't remember if you have, but I think you'd like her. She's real quiet, but she's bold and I like that a lot about her. Momma says that I could learn a little from Ros about standing up for myself and not letting anyone walk on me. Honestly, I don't think anyone here would try that. Momma's kind of scary when she's upset or putting on her leader face.

Enough about that, though. You probably want to know more about what I'm doing, huh? Right now I'm just laying in the grass, it feels really good. Did you ever just lay in the grass before? Wait, that's probably a silly question. Momma says there's not a lot of grass in the Throat. Anyways, I'm looking up at the sky right now. Do you see the same clouds that I see? There's one that looks like a bunny.

One day I'll fly up there won't I, daddy? Will you teach me how to fly if you're not too busy being a sergeant general thing?

Credits

aud pixel!

Irrydae Posts: 111
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: Seven
paddeh
After her encounter with Evers, Irrydae had seemed to feel lighter, happier overall. A spring in her step, a hop and whistle here and there. She felt like a filly again, eyes brand new as she took in the world at a different light, a gleam and sparkle. Watching the birds and clouds. She surely wasn't acting her age- and probably too childish for her job. She had not been to her cave in awhile, and she needed to see the Earth God soon. But what would she ask for? There had been many births recently, she had wanted to meet as many of the new foals as possible, so she wandered about the Foothills and kept her golden pools turned down for them.

I am soaring. I am a bird. Her wings rustle slightly in the wind, tips flaring up and splaying out as her wings lofted her in the air and allowed her to soar among thermals like the hawks and birds of prey. She tossed her head, creamy tresses floating behind her and swirling in the wind. There was no trace of her magic right now, no northern lights and no stardust. But that looked best at night, anyways. It is not long before her fine eyes tune in on a tiny black and gold shape below. Ears tilted forward as she tilted her wings unconsciously to allow herself to descend towards the newborn. As she landed softly on gold dusted hooves she, instead of pulling her wings in, let them drape at her sides. She smiled as she turned to look at the filly. She notices she is watching the clouds and smile instantly spreads across her face, watching the gentle life figure before her. It made her ache for a child of her own, to mother. "Hello," the mare breaths softly, taking slow, gentle steps toward her. "I've heard about you, Ranjiri. You are such a beautiful little girl." She says softly, eyes twinkling brightly. Butterflies ran through her body as she watched the precious girl. "My name is Irrydae. But you can call me Irry- I only let my friends call me Irry." The star mare added, a small laugh escaping her. "You want to know what I do?" Irrydae starts, glancing around her before her bright eyes lock on the filly's own again. "I am the Storyteller."

[ ooc ; words ]
Irrydae

Image Credits
[Image: wu5k41.png]
please tag irry in every post! magic & aggression allowed w/o death

Ranjiri</style>

She looks like she's floating up there in the sky, daddy. I wish you could see her. She looked looks like an angel up there. I flex my wing that's not pressed against the ground and I close my eyes and imagine what it's like being up there. I know I don't have much of a mane, not like yours and momma's, but I can still imagine how the wind would feel in it. The same goes for my tail. It's short and fuzzy, but I can imagine. Remember that cloud I said looked like a bunny? In my fantasy that I'm flying I'm chasing that bunny cloud all around the sky in a game of tag.

She scared me, daddy! That angel that was floating up there in the sky above me scared me when she suddenly started to talk to me. My eyes snapped open and I know I gaped at her for a few minutes. She's so pretty, daddy! I wish you could see just how pretty she is. I know I looked all the unsteady foal I was when I scrambled to stand up, my mouth still hanging open. Why would an angel come down to talk to me? I know you say I'm special, but am I that special.

My mouth snaps closed when she introduces herself and I can feel my eyes widen. I was going to ask her what her name was. She read my mind, daddy! And she knows who I am! "Are you an angel?" You would probably shake your head at me for how I blurted out the question without even saying 'hello' or introducing myself, but she already knows who I am!

Daddy! She said I'm her friend!

My whole body wiggled with excitement and I couldn't help but smile widely at her. I don't know what makes me special enough to be an angel's friend, but it's exciting! "You're a storyteller, too? Can you tell me a story?" She must have all kinds of heavenly tales to tell, daddy! Next time you're here I'll see if I can find her again so you can meet her.

Credits

aud pixel!

Hidden Account
paddeh
Watching the filly makes me almost laugh. At my words, she startles and then stares at me, mouth gaping open. My grin widens as her jaw closes and her eyes widen, and I gaze friendly into those large curious eyes. 'Are you an angel?' I laugh escapes my throat as I step towards her, brushing her forelock back. I smile as I take a small step back. "I am sorry to inform you I am not an angel, Ranjiri. But I can be your angel, if you want me to." I say softly, golden eyes twinkling softly.

An idea crosses my mind and it is mere seconds before northern lights are streaming from the stars on the tips of my wings, where it comes together at her feet. Out of the ball appears 3 butterflies that float up and around the filly. Irrydae flicks her tail, long eyelashes brushing her face as she closes her eyes and tries to soak up as much heat of the weak sun as she could. It would soon by Frostfall, her least favorite season. She didn't like the cold. Irrydae draws her attention back to the black and gold filly, and I see a giant smile on her tiny face.

'You're a storyteller, too? Can you tell me a story?' She wanted a story? This would be my first time telling a story. I quickly flip through memories and experiences in my head, trying to decide what I would tell to Rajiri. "I'd love to tell you a story. I don't have many people ask me, so I am glad you did." I say truthfully, shifting my weight slightly and letting my wings cascade from my sides, stretching them. "I'm going to tell you about the Gods. More specifically the two I've met." I tell her, that was the complete true. I had not realized I had met two of the four gods- that was pretty cool.

"The first one I ever met was The God of the Earth. He's huge and his voice is all grumbly that leaves shudders running through your tummy. He is very big and very kind. He looks a lot like Hototo- if you've met him. You know he was the one who created our land? The Foothills. I meet with him every season at my pool. Maybe I could show you sometime?" I don't know if that is allowed, but the least I could do was show her my pool. She is so innocent and sweet, I bet the Earth God would allow her to come with me when I visit him. Maybe.

"The other God I met was The God of the Spark. He looks the most normal out of the Gods, he is a mixture of black and white. I met him far away from our herd and I was very lucky for him to pick me and send me on a quest to upgrade my magic." I wink at her, my mind running through the two other Gods. "I have not met the two other Gods- The God of the Sun and The Goddess of the Moon. I hope I will get to though. Each God has created a different herd land. Father Earth, the Foothills. Time God, the Aurora Basin. Sun God, the Dragon's Throat- though mind you there are no dragons there," I say with a laugh, "and the Moon Goddess created the World's Edge." I finish. I hope it was a good enough story, it wasn't very long, and it seemed it had turned into a lecture. I was rusty.

[ ooc ; hope that was a good enough story :x ]
Irrydae

Image Credits

Ranjiri</style>

She's not an angel, daddy. I think my disappointment is showing on my face and I try my best to hide it because I don't want her to feel bad, especially because she offered to be my angel. How does that work, daddy? She said she's not an angel but she'll be my angel. It's all a little confusing to me but she doesn't let me dwell on it for long because there's suddenly brilliantly colored light coming from her wings! Oh, how I wish you could see, daddy. It's so pretty! She's so pretty, this mortal angel!

She's even agreed to tell me a story, daddy! I already know a little bit about the Earth God from you and momma, but she tells me about how he created the land. He must be very mighty to create such a beautiful piece of land and thoughtful to fill it with lush grass and such clear and crisp water. Maybe that's why momma likes him so much. And you, too! And me. I like the Earth God, too. I hope to meet him myself one day.

While my angel tells her tale I scramble to my feet and stand in front of her, looking up with my ears tilted forward soaking up every word that falls from her lips. "Hototo is my brother." I tell her when she Ani. "I would like to meet them all." I say she's finished with her story. The one I'd most like to meet is the Earth God. Momma says he's Hototo's daddy. Momma must be special for the Earth God to give her a baby.

"My daddy lives in the Dragon's Throat with Big Brother." I volunteer to her. "Momma says the Dragon's Throat is very hot and uncomfortable. Have you been there yet? If you go can I go with you?"

Credits

aud pixel!
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Midas
the one to see you through your darkest times

My feathers are bent at an angle, the crook of my shoulders stretched out as far as they might go. The muscles pull tendons up and down, thrusting this bulk higher, and higher still. Cool moisture dampens my desert hardened body, clouds tug at the flowing banner behind me; and unknowingly I leave a streak of white in the sky. The world cycles beneath my tightly curled limbs. I soar on updrafts when able, but mostly I thrust heavily forward; eager to reach my destination and finding thrill from testing the limits of speed.

Soon the dark forest disappears and a wide open meadows stretch out ahead, I halt my flapping for a few beats and instantly drop more than a few feet. They open wide again and the wind catches the secondary’s until I am level with the ground. My feet extend from their retracted position, uncurling toward earth in preparation for a landing. Soil touches back golden tips first, and then my hindquarters fall completely upon the ground while wings backpedal until they fanned enough air to halt an approach entirely.

By now my face was becoming a common sight to those that lived within the Foothills. Both leaders had granted their blessing on visitation of both Ktulu and my lovely daughter, Ranjiri. After crossing the edge of their territory I took point to a spot that my mate often went on occasion. It was breezy and secluded enough. My choice was rewarded, the bright sight of my youngest child comes into view, a golden blazed babe who bore her sire’s element. The smile that filtered in was a natural one full of joy, I wasn’t put off by the strange lass who was talking to Ranjiri. I recognized the starry girl from an ocean venture a few weeks back…and what a strange meeting it had been.

Quietly I approach toward the end of their conversation, “Good day ladies,” my voice lowers an octave, calmingly smooth as silk and drumming enough to sound like the waves crashing upon a distant beach. With all the adoration in this world I approach Ranjiri, extending my head to brush across her neck and run my lips down her small face should she allow it, “I’ve missed you little one.” I whisper, softly, for her ears alone.

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Hidden Account
paddeh
Irrydae can see the disappointment on the little one's face and her heart clenches, her lips drooping down slightly as she brushes her velveteen maw against her forehead. 'Hototo is my brother. I would like to meet them all.' She tells me, and I smile at her. Hototo the demi-god. "You are very lucky to have such a brother. He will be a great big brother for you." The words come easily, golden eyes watching the tiny life that is so awestruck. "What if you came with me? I will be going to see Father Earth soon... would you like to come along?" Irrydae asks, ears tilting forward towards the fae. It makes her want a foal of her own, but she had no one for that. Would she ever? It seemed unlikely.

Ears pick up the footfalls of another, and Irry's cranium swings toward the stranger who smelled not of here but of the dry desert. This must be her father. Irry had heard briefly that Ranjiri's father was from the Throat. She smiles at him as he approaches and steps back to let him talk to her. 'Good day ladies.' "Hello," Irry says with a slight dip of her head. "My name is Irrydae, it's nice to meet you." It is not her usual greeting, but it seems redundant to say Storyteller of the Foothills when she is upon her own land. Her attention strays from them as he reaches his foal, wanting to give them privacy. Irrydae thinks of leaving them, but she waits a little longer, eyes straying over towards the border of the Foothills.

[ ooc ; sorry for the wait! and the crappy post D: ]
Irrydae

Image Credits

Ranjiri</style>

"Daddy!" My voice must have gone up three octaves when I squealed your name. My whole body wiggled in excitement when you brushed your muzzle over my face and whispered that you missed me. "I missed you, too." I whispered back like it was some sort of secret, then I nipped at your ears and giggled. "Daddy!" I said again, all four of my legs bracing as I looked up at you. "Guess what!" My fluffy tail wiggled back and forth in my excitement and I giggled again. "I have an angel!" Pride laced my voice and I turned to look at Irrydae. "She's my angel, daddy, she told me so. Isn't she pretty?"

I bet Irry didn't think I'd heard offer, but I did so I turned to her and finally gave her my full attention. "I would love to meet the Earth God." I nodded my head in eagerness and smiled again. "When are you gonna see him? And where?" My head tilted as I waited for her to answer and I imagined when I would see the Earth God. "Daddy, you've seen the Earth God, right?" I asked you. "Momma says you got your armor from him."

ooc:// ugh, sorry for craptastic post :T

Credits

aud pixel!
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Midas
the one to see you through your darkest times

The lavender colored lass doesn’t seem to remember me, I glance up with a half-smile as she offers her name and a polite response to my greeting. Irrydae. Filing the title away my lips withdraw from little Ranjiri to say, “Call me Midas, Lady Irrydae.” first instinct is to linger for a moment longer in those feminine pools—watch to see if they would ignite with recognition of a visit beside the beach. A rather uncomfortable visit for myself, perhaps not so much for her and Gaucho. Lingering doesn’t have a chance to happen, Ranjiri demands my attention, both golden orbs fall back to an excited daughter. “Guess what!” She choruses after returning my caress and soft words.

Ears prick forward curiously and my face falls into a play muse, “I have an angel!” Sunkissed wings ruffle and a gentle snicker comes from armored chest, “Is it so?” I pry with a grin, wondering who had gained such a lofty name in my sweet girl’s eyes. Her orbs turn to the purple lady at hand, and as due I also follow, “She’s my angel, daddy, she told me so. Isn’t she pretty?” Staring at Ktulu’s herdmate for a moment with bemused curiosity I beam wider to show that I was more than willing to play along. “Aye, an Angel you say?” Ranjiri address Irrydae, mentioning my Lord father Earth before turning to me with another question. I lower my muzzle to plant a patient kiss between her velvet ears before responding, “Your Momma is correct,” I murmur, fondly remembering a time not so long ago when things had been easier for the both of us, “She was with me on the eve I received my armor.” When she was older, just as Cera had been—I planned on taking my little girl to see the shrines (or what remained of them), just as my father had done for me and his father for him.

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]