the Rift

victory. [tuuli members and allies]

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

KRI the Resolute
i made a throne for hope to sit.

The Order of the Sun had proved to be a spineless bunch. At the sight of invaders, everyone within the herdland had seemed to mysteriously vanish. At least, they did not pose even the smallest threat. Not a single drop of blood had been spilled, and normally, I would be satisfied. However, had cowards lived within the Throat or manipulators? Hopefully, it would only be the former.

Regardless, I made my way through the unfamiliar territory Onni had roughly described to me, finding the large tree within the center of the land. Falling just under its shady cover, I let out a bellowing call for all of the members, present or not, to gather before me. After my lungs had felt like they would burst, I fell quite and waited for them to arrive. I was not disappointed.

When familiar faces began to gather, I began to speak.

"Victory came to us swiftly and with ease," I say, my voice quiet and serious as I glanced around. "Let us not fall victim to our egos after such an event." A smile eventually wormed its way across my face, lighting up my blue eyes. "Members of the Tuuli, welcome home."

Ázzuen the Ardent Posts: 94
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8
Whit
Victory!

Elation was evident in the stallion. Though he had been hankering for a fight, he was relieved that triumph had come so swiftly and easily. It meant that he was not put in harm’s way – it meant no recovery time, more time he could use to spend with Cass, and more time he could use to fortify the borders of their home.

Their home.

He was thrilled as he took to the skies, scouting out the lands which he was sure he would come to love, for they would be the lands that he would raise his family. They would be the lands he would no doubt shed blood, sweat and tears upon to defend. Pumping his wings faster, he climbed higher and higher, and engaged his magic to enhance his sight – this way, he was high enough to not be spotted, but had the vision capabilities to see any intruders. Only the usual members inhabited the lands today, however, potentially a few ground-dwelling allies stopping by for a visit. None stirred any trouble and so he let them be met by others on patrol.

The call that echoed across the lands and skies reached his ears not long after. It was a call that resonated through his very core, one he would gladly answer any day – the call of his Leader, the strong and Resolute Kri, who had successfully led them into this new home. He was grateful to her, and if he had any doubts before about trusting her, there were no doubts present now. Angling his flight, he dropped beneath the large clouds. His descent was steep, it was all a part of his training regime. To pull oneself out of a deep dive was a skill many Pegasi surprisingly lacked, or unpractised at, and so he made sure to do it every day. You never know when such a move could be useful as an attack, or even evading an attack. His great wingspan strained as the ground rushed up beneath him, and he lifted his head first against the great updraught of wind, before grunting with the effort of straightening his broad wingspan out and flying quite low to the ground, still a little way away from where his Leader stood.

He returned her call with one of his own, and it contained everything he felt within the rich baritone chords. Happiness, respect, gratitude and loyalty were but a few that mingled in with the returned call. Flapping his wings, and potentially sending a great wave of wind to wash over the gathered (though he figured they wouldn’t mind, seeing as most were of the feathered variety anyway), he landed smoothly, entering at an easy trot and folding his great feathered appendages down to his sides. Approaching his liege, he bowed his crown to her. Upon lifting the handsome cranium, an honest smile was upon his lips and he made to speak in response to her own words.

“Welcome home indeed my Lady. We are very fortunate in our victory – however may I say, without yourself we may not have gathered and obtained it at all. My thanks is given, as well as the promise of defending these lands against any who dare intend to strike against us.” He spoke with cordial respect and honesty, the words rich and melodic. Indigo eyes peered upon her formally, viewing her as she should be viewed, a respectful figure of his life. He was proud of what they had achieved, even if it was such a walk in the park to obtain. He took her words to heart though, and processed thoughts of organised patrols and guards, as well as spars and trainings for the willing. He kept silent for now though, awaiting whatever else might come.

Torasin Posts: 132
Deceased
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.1 :: 8
imi
None had met the challenge he had echoed into the land. Torasin felt a faint morsel of regret, he had wanted to make sure with his own eyes that the dastardly lion had been taken care of. Still, he was happy for the swift victory and the lack of bloodshed. The palomino paint walked about the lands, Kiba flying on ahead to take a closer look at the two pegasus that stood before him. The little dragon had decided to go to sleep through most of the invasion, Torasin didn't blame him.

The stallion made an honest approach to the two, noting that the mare was lead and must be the one they called Kri. A rather large looking tree grew next to them. Kiba was projecting exciting emotions back to his friend as he took in the wings of the pegasus, Tor smiled at him fondly as the brown landed on his back."Greetings m'lady and to you sir. Congratulations on your victory, I'm Torasin a friend of Mirage. I helped you secure these wonderful lands" it was a typical formal introduction from the stallion. Tor wondered where Mirage and Akaith had got to in the invasion, his mind turning to their well being but quickly pushed it away. He would know if there was something wrong.

[apologies for the shoddy post.]
[Image: tortablee.png]

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit

Disappointment was clear within the mare – she had longed to face the wretched lion Ra in battle, and wipe the stupid, smug crown from his cranium, and see him writhe in pain from her dragon’s fire. It was rare for the mare to feel these things, such bloodlust and battle-thirst were characteristics akin to her brothers way of life, not hers. As it was, the invasion was won, with Ra missing or (hopefully) dead, Mirage and her band had succeeded in aiding the plight of the pegasi. She trusted Kri, having met the mare previously, before Helovia even, and maintained a cool sense of understanding and alliance between them. They were similar in their natures, both took time to trust others completely, both held a yearning for greater things. Mirage hadn’t helped the mare just because she hoped to receive aid in return, she had helped her because of that small tie of friendship, one that spoke across species and time. That Mirage in turn, received help from her siblings and Torasin was a bonus. It almost amused her that the invasion was met with no resistance in such a way that they were now walking with ease across the lands Mirage had once charged into to defend her beloved friend, Torasin.

The open spaces and golden grasses would suit the winged ones, she mused, just as a land with tall trees and many shadows would suit her. No, Mirage was not interested in accepting Kri’s offer of refuge permanently, however she would certainly stay familiar with the lands and encouraged her friends to do the same. Watching various winged beings roam the land, the shadow lady cloaked her bodice with her illusion, the shimmering golden marking upon her nape sometimes causing an odd glint to appear every now and then as her cloak danced about her like an actual mirage might. Akaith floated lazily on the breeze, easily scooping the warm air rising from the plains in her leathery wings, keeping track of her bonded’s progress through the mental link that bound their hearts and souls into one. The golden queen flew on ahead however, when she spied the memorable golden hide of their friend Torasin, and sent a trill forward to the brown that rested upon his back. The obsidian minx was not far behind, her pace increasing. As she neared them, her cloak dripped away from her, and the elegant mare made her entrance with a sweeping nod to the Resolute mare, and a gentle nudge to the golden stallion as she stood by his side.

“My congratulations, Resolute one, to you and your kin, on your victory here. May the lands prosper beneath your mighty wings.” Accented tones made for a colourful harmony, her musical voice speaking honestly to her winged friend. She observed the other faces present, storing them away for future reference, and hoped to instil a familiarity with them, one that would carry all allies though whatever the future may hold. The golden queen had landed upon her back now, still chirruping quietly to the brown dragon Kiba. "My name is Mirage, I am Weyrleader of the Qian, those who aided you in securing these lands." She introduced herself formally to any whose ears were pointed in the right direction. A small smile upon her façade, she eased her weight onto a hind and hitched the other foot up onto its toe; relaxed.

Irc Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
My wings flew into new currents and soared over lands I have never seen before. It was hot, so hot that it became uncomfortable to fly in. My appearance was huge and black with great white wings, I had chosen to stay in my Pegasus body to answer the call of my new leader. I was here for an invasion, but it appeared to be over... Yet I could see no debris, no blood... no carcasses. There seems to have been no battle at all, yet there Kri stands in our new land.

I lowered myself in stages before landing gracefully next to the pegasus stallion. Curious, I wonder who the two equine and their dragon friends are... They must be our allies. Not that it looks like we needed any. This place looks pretty deserted... Nothing shiny in it what so ever! "I offer a salute and my thanks for taking this land for our own. A very... swift victory I see" so swift it almost looks disappointing. Nothing to note down in legend... Well, not without building upon it anyway. "It is nice to call somewhere home after so long in the wild" I wonder what will happen now. Well, one thing is for sure, after this meeting I'm going exploring! Who knows what interesting, shiny things you might find in this new place.

[Image: irctable.png]

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

KRI the Resolute
i made a throne for hope to sit.

I smile upon Azzuen, brother of my General. He seems uplifted by the joyous feeling in the air, just as she. There was still the rigid formality in his voice that I had found in all of my meetings with this strange stallion. Unlike Voltaic, who was so electric that his mind scattered often like that energy he controlled. Looking into those indigo colored eyes, I began to wonder where his brethren might be. "Your loyalty to our kinsmen will not be forgotten, Azzuen. I would wish for you to take a more direct role in our home, such as General."

My smile ended the statement again, but it was not to be answered immediately, as my head turns to view Torasin next. Dragon in tow, the palomino paint looked gentler than I would have expected from one turning from even a fruitless battle. "I thank you, Torasin, for your irreplaceable service."

Next my face met with Mirage, who spoke of her own horde whom she watched over. It warmed my heart to see another brave lady leading in these lands, taking the initiative to fight for those she cared for. "Lady Mirage, I thank you most of all. Should you ever need the aid of the Tuuli, we would me more than willing to extend such a wing to me."

To the final arrival, I offer only a welcoming nod and smile. By that time, my blue eyes begin searching for the black stallion with yellow markings, who was still nowhere to be found.

[ooc; I just wanted to wrap this thread up - no need for anyone to reply unless they feel the urge. ]

Cassiopeia Posts: 171
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 hands :: 8 years old
Phantom

With unsurpassed grace the roan dame assumed position by the side of her beloved, smiling as the Resolute one honored him for his contribution to the acquisition of their newly conquered herd land. The victory had come swift and with ease. She approached him with meaning in her step, the steady sway of her lean anatomy composing an almost seamless ensemble as she edged ever closer. The plush texture of her muzzle pressed with temperance upon his nape: a salutation tenanted with traces of affection and praise. She was late. She knew this, and therefore tried not to draw too much attention to herself, uttering demurely toward the one she regarded so highly a simple, but meaningful: "Congratulations."

Behind her pranced a cheeky little filly, seemingly oblivious to the environ encompassing her. She followed her mother half-heartedly, too enthralled by the ravishing semblances of color upon the wings of a fluttering butterfly. As it drifted just out of her reach, her fickle attention was reigned in by the presence of her father, excitedly strutting toward him on legs much too large to coincide with the rest of her bodily proportions.

[ ooc ; Meant to post here a long time ago. Hope it's okay, since we're trying to wrap this up. ]

Jaydan Posts: N/A
Unregistered

[late to the party D: I hope it's okay I can still assume Jaydan is welcome, especially since there actually was no fighting? If not I can edit this around]

Careful steps bring the jay to the meeting just in time to hear the lead congratulate and promote her general. Blue eyes lift to appraise the dark stallion - Jaydan still has some reservations about the good-hearted intentions of the stud, and certainly there is no doubting his skill and mastery on the battlefield, but Jaydan cannot help but feel he is not the fittest in mind to lead or organize. Jaydan reminds himself the other is young still, and apparently use to a more nomadic life style, perhaps he will settle in and become more, serious.

Wings shift as Kri goes on to thank their allies. Jaydan peers eagerly at the golden stallion and the dark mare, not having met them previously. He stays hushed, content to watch how this herd will grow and flourish. He has great faith in Kri - ever since Onni introduced him to her, he recognized her strength of body and mind. She would be a grand chief of this herd, and he hoped to serve steadily in her side.

Now though, as the meeting disperses and the anticipation of war and adrenaline of victory has worn off, Jaydan retreats to skyways. His heart sits heavy still, though it should feel lighter after Luin took its core.
When will the hurt stop?

Boom Boom Posts: N/A
Unregistered
[ Of course he is still welcome, Blu. ^^ ]