the Rift

Let Me Carry You Away [Closed]

Myrah Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Let Me Carry You Away... To a Sacred Place... Where the Fire Within Shall Save The Day

Nares flared, drinking in the thick fog set before her... Pistons fired, dredging through thick waters and sloppy muck beneath. The Mare snorted, grunted, and shook the water from her tail.

How was it, that despite the many hoof falls she had taken, treading through treacherous lands and many bogged pits... that it had come to this. Her survival, met by not only the cross-hairs of a wrangling herdier, but that of which she did not know... did not trust!

Horns slashed at the sky as for once, her cloven hooves met dry land, and erupted from the boggy mess onto the shore. Grunting, she shook off the excess water and pulled further onto dry land. Into the trees... into the land of the unknown.

Her tail lashed in anticipation, of regret, of what? What exactly was she so afraid of? The unknown? Yes, that had to be it. Despite weathering the climates on her own it was now... now she was forced to select someone to bare her into their herd... a life she had never known, a life she wasn't exactly sure she wanted. But to be an outcast in strange lands... It was difficult, yes she had tackled it, took it head on with the very curvatures of her horns... but the fact was, it was much easier if she had someone else to decide for her. Truth be said it made her queasy thinking about it.

After trusting in one rogue stallion before, she couldn't help but distrust any that pursued her. Yet even now she knew she must, her own survival depended on it. Being a loner your whole life, while your body screamed at you to find something to be a part of, was no way to live. The fire within burned so bright, to bright to be wasted on such a foolish lie. For being an outcast... you were never accepted, you would never foal... and if you did... chances were the foal would die.

OOC:// I don't know the herds well enough, I am open to pretty much any herd willing to accept her :) Also I know its short, I am trying to hammer this out in minutes. Word count: 332//

Voodoo Posts: 231
Outcast atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: Eight :: Birdsong HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Ouija :: Arctic Fox :: None Nevada

Solid black hooves scraped up soft vegetation with each gaited step, the debris that collected in each of my four frogs being tossed to my sides as each hoof left the ground. Here I had met that unreasonably irritating, babbling Pegasus mare.. what was her name? Chemical, possibly the squabble of voices all called at once. I rolled my crimson eyes at them, silently thanking them for the oh-so-helpful reminder. This is also where I met Descaro, the valiant stallion that I was growing to look up to. He had invited me to his home in the Basin, where the chilly weather invited me with open arms.

Realistically I hadn't planned on being here at all.. actually, ever again. There were far too many bodies here for my personal preference. The unfamiliar scents of every race rushed to my brain, trying to diagnose what each was, only failing to process any one smell due to the heavy aromas. A small, fellow grullo mare stood silently in the forest, her black train flicking back and forth with an irritated lash. I slowed my collected canter to a walk within a few steps, turning my point of direction toward her.

Two prongs sprung from beneath her thicket of black forelock, twisting toward the air in a gentle wave. "Well look at this," I continued moving toward her, my long legs pulling high into the air with each silent step. I was so used to pulling my hooves from the cold tundra of home that I basically walked this way constantly. "we match." I huffed in a short breath. Oh please, don't be too quick to be strange one of the voices mocked me from my brain. I ignored them, matching the smaller mare up to my size. "Voodoo," I offered, two toned ears rotating in her way.

The weather must have sent a wild hair up my ass, because I was in a grand mood today. I was much enjoying it too.

walking "talking" the voices
[Image: f2vjpl.png]

EVERYTHING YOU'RE RUNNING AWAY FROM
IS IN YOUR HEAD
[Image: 5389e9aca8b63]
Please tag him in every post!

Unregistered
A voice.... Had they already found her? Granted the smells of many had already permeated the air, she had sibconciously avoided them... Avoided her fate... And yet... She turned her head, ears on auto rotation, picking up the next stream of words issuing from a masculine frame.

It took her by surprise, honestly she had suspected a stallion, coming to claim his prize of the day... Forcing her into a herd she wasnt sure she belonged in... [i]'Say something you fool'[i]. Her thoughts comanded, yet she spoke naught a word. Soulful Blues ignited as she looked the stallion over. Body tense in anticipation. Yet not a harmful hoof dashed at her... Just a name... Which seemed to carry just as much of a blow as any hoof could have. It was almost... Inviting...

[b]"Perhaps we do look more alike than most. Myrah."[b] she spoke, her tail held out in question. Betraying her feelings more than her muscles did. Taking a breath, she forced herself to relax. Eyes examining the tri colored stallion once more. Was he tthe one to introduce her to a herd? Or just a wanderer like herself... Nostrils flared once again as she took in the mares scent. No, he belonged to someone.

[b]"Pardon my manners... Im not used to this sort of thing... Meeting others and all that."[b] her own voice came once again, unwilling from her throat. Her left hoof came up, mud clinging to the silken hairs on the back of her hock. Shaking it, she flung some of it aside and decided against the step she was about to take. Shall she stay or go? Her emotions warred within her... A never endling battle between fear and survival. The grullo mare hated it with every fiber of her being. To be or not to be... That was the question.

The two pronged mare finally spoke up with a subtle hint of anticipation in her eyes. Her thick black tail arched in -what it seemed like to me- a defensive stance. Two toned ears rotated back and my brow furrowed as I watched the mare. Myrah they breathed, the name weaving into my brain. Black tail swished back and forth steadily, thin hairs tickling my bony hawks. The icy stare that casted from the female's eyes was entrancing and odd in comparison to my bloody gaze.

She spoke up again, apologizing for her actions while she spoke. My left ear perked forward again, the right staying turned to my backside and I cocked my head to the left. "No reason to apologize." I replied in my turn, my raspy voice sent out in a gentle tone. Even though her defenses were up and slightly irritating me, I accepted the fact that she was frightened.

The mare lifted her left hoof, my ears quickly pressing back against my neck. The sudden image of the mare rearing onto her hind quarters and striking at me shot through my brain, though the female stayed on the earth. She shook her delicately split hoof, ridding it of a clump of dried mud. "So, Myrah, what would you think of following me to an amazing land? It's called the Basin.. Aurora Basin to be more exact. Us unicorns dominate it, thankfully, leaving us to thrive without the irritation of equines and Pegasus getting in our way or picking silly fights."

IS IN YOUR HEAD

Irrydae Posts: 111
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: Seven
paddeh

irrydae.</style>

Today she was successful in finding people in the threshold. And she was quite displeased with one of them. One of the unicorns from the Basin, she had learned from listening secretly. He didn't seem to like others. Such as equines and pegasi. I stand silently, hidden by thick brush and trees. I do not move a muscle, but I listen. This Myrah must be a unicorn, or this... Voodoo would not be inviting her back- I could tell from his attitude. 'Us unicorns dominate it, thankfully, leaving us to thrive without the irritation of equines and Pegasus getting in our way or picking silly fights.' That just grates under her skin and she seethes silently. I have to hold myself from busting out there.

I realized I am not upwind of them anymore, with the shift of the wind and I swiftly, as if just in passing, slip out and approach the two unicorns. I throw an annoyed glance at the crimson splattered stallion, but I assume they don't know I have been here the whole time. "Irrydae." I say simply, tossing my pale white forelock out of my gold eyes that have a slight twinkle. "I am the Storyteller of the Windtossed Foothills. I would like to invite you to my home- it has plenty of grass and water and shelter. The temperatures are never too hot or never too cold. It's perfect, really." I say, the words easing from my maw easily. "I can tell you of the other lands, if you so wish, but I hope you will return with me to the land where I live." I say gently, my body stance open and relaxed as I let my wings settle at my sides, stars dancing across my pelt, seeming to twinkle as if they were from the heavens above. I have ignored the stallion for the most part, so I swivel my neck to look at him and nod before turning back to the mare in this new land.

talk talk talk"
 spin around me like a dream...
c@rlijones @ flickr.com
[Image: wu5k41.png]
please tag irry in every post! magic & aggression allowed w/o death

Unregistered
The flickering of his ears unnerved her, flicking too and frow with unsurity, fear, possibly anger? All she had to go by was her own... Curiosity struck her to the core, this young male was so much unlike the one that nearly caused the death of her... yet she was still unsure. How was she to trust him if he carried himself in such a fidgety demeanor?

She had noted the way his ears had rotated back, pressing along his neck when her hoof had lifted... why? Was he too frightened? Yet again the nagging curiosity swelled within her, engorged its self in confusion.

Myrah shook her head, trying to rid herself of the nagging thoughts coursing through her with every beat of her heart. Once again his voice rose, this time speaking of a wondrous place, a place she hadn't heard of... and while she didn't care much for other equines, she had no built in hatred towards them as a specie. Then again... that stallion had been a Pegasus... would living with her own kind be much different?

So many questions... so little experience... All she had was questions. "Tell me more of this Basin... In my travels I can't say I have run across such a place." her voice poured from her vocals like liquid fire. She was entranced... by everything down to his emotions... why had she avoided others? They were so... different, yet so alike in many ways...

Finally the mare took a step, towards the colt, her eyes traversing his frame in a hard, calculating glance.

Stepping around him, she was careful not to touch him, to keep her tail and ears relaxed despite the feeling of being on edge.... all the while her nares flared as she took in each and every scent of the place she could acquire. "It smells like a nice place to be." A final statement as darkened hooves met even with his on the opposite side from where she started. This time curiosity reached her gaze. Yet somehow... it was still intimidating... there were a lot of other... horses permeating his pelt. Was it a safe haven?

-- after edit:

Just as she seemed to relax, a scent caught her attention. Ears pinned back in fear as the Pegasi abruptly made her entrance. Too fast, if she was a wolf her hackles would have rose. Already the words were pouring out of the mare's mouth, her expression relaxed and nonchalant. Promoting her home.... Myrah stepped away, sliding back over towards the shore line with a soft snort of unsurity blasting from her nose.

"Well Irrydae..." she paused, not quite sure how to respond to her abrupt entrance. Frustrated, she stamped a cloven hoof, sending dirt flying behind her. "Nice to meet you. Though I don't like being surprised."

Her tail lashed, slapping at her sides. "Perhaps you both could tell me more." Well, at least she was giving the pegasus a chance, after all one bad seed might not condemn the whole race... yet she couldn't help but be annoyed by the light upbeat attitude of the mare... Yes Myrah was more of the laid back sort, but she had been a loner her whole life... It was a bit hard to take it all in at once.

OOC://WHOA THERE SORRY! Done modding the post to include you! (sorry about her attitude, shes got loner issues haha)//

Myrah seemed interested in my proposal, asking for more before taking a shallow step toward me. Even though I had been fine with fellow herd members brushing my sides and basically walking all over me at home, I still did not know this mare, and her move made me uncomfortable. I had been cast away from the world as a youth, so a group of two was a little nerve wracking for my young, twisted mind more than it should have been. "The Basin, it is.." I paused for a split second, millions of words scattering through my brain at once, "for lack of words, amazing." I brought my head back up straight.

"The weather is cold and hard to get used to at first, but once you grow your coat out, it is comforting. It teaches you to live in a harsh climate. But, even if it's snowing out, there's a hot spring for every one to stay warm." An image of home appeared in my thirty-mile-an-hour brain, highlighting each peaceful point of the tundra. "We have a family of warriors, but we take care of each other." Realistically I had no idea who half of my herd was.. well, more than half. I had met very few of them actually. Were we all kind? I guess the mare will just have to find out for herself if she follows me back.

Just as the dry, yet kind words fell from my mouth, a purple toned mare emerged from the shade of the forest. Massive wings sat at her side, the dazzling markings that flowed over her body seemed to dance with life, twinkling almost. Even though she had an amazing genetic that gifted her with the gorgeous coat she wore, she was still a Pegasus. God damn it, look what you've done now one of the voices cooed in my brain, another adding in their two cents before I could shut them out You shouldn't have come here in the first place.

Words expelled from her mouth like a rushing waterfall, her attention directed toward Myrah the entire time. She finally stopped, turning her attention to me, allowing a short enough glance to nod at me. The grullo female stamped her split hoof, swishing her tail aggressively once again. There was something about her that was beginning to crawl under my skin. Maybe it was that she was so on edge. I watched Myrah from the corner of my eye, trying to keep my attention mainly focused on the Pegasus, Irrydae.

IS IN YOUR HEAD

Hidden Account
paddeh

irrydae.</style>

'Well Irrydae.... Nice to meet you. Though I don't like being surprised.' "I am sorry for being abrupt." The words come easily as my posture relaxes, glancing towards the stallion. 'Perhaps you both could tell me more,' I let the stallion talk of his Basin. I want to be judgmental, I have heard so much worse of the place. "I'm not one to judge as I've never been, but I heard the weather is always harsh and cold and food is hard to find and it's a barren cold desert." I almost say 'Correct me if I'm wrong,' but I skip that part. "The Foothills is a true family of mercenaries that all care for each other. There is a great supply of food and water is easily accessible. I feel we have the most moderate climate, though I do not know much of the World's Edge. The Basin is always cold, the Dragon's Throat is always hot. There are four herd lands here, or you may wander the land alone." I explain, and I can't help but think back to when Evers was telling me the explanation of the land. I had gone alone, but I was at the Windtossed Foothills now. It was so much better then wandering around with nothing to do and nothing to prove.

"If you'd like, I would happily let you come see my land before you decide, if you so wish. Our land was created by the Earth God, who is the... gentlest and most caring of the four gods here. Though it is not my decision where you go, my offer stands." My words flow smoothly and not too fast as I explain. Stardust starts to fall from my wings as I shift my balance and pull the large appendages to my sides, awaiting for either of them to talk.

talk talk talk"
c@rlijones @ flickr.com

Unregistered

Myrah
OOC://You guys make it difficult XD//

There was so much to consider... As she listened to the two talk of their homes, obviously proud of the herds they belonged too, her muscles began to relax. As they spoke she imagined the lands lain out before her, ready for her eyes to pick apart and her cloven hooves to wander.

They were both quite different... one was filled with snow, and the bite of winter, while the other was lush with grass. The cold meant her coat would have to grow out, yet history had proven her coat didn't actually grow all that well. Then there was the foothills... Moderate weather, grass to mow down to her hearts content.

The problem was, trust. Both worlds faded away from her mind, and she was left with this over grown forest and two very different horses standing before her. They were worlds apart not only in the place they lived, but everything down to the way they stood.

One she knew, would welcome her to a large herd, and the other was probably much smaller. She could see herself easily relaxing in a smaller herd... and perhaps the warmer climate would cause her to become fat and rather lazy. Hairy or Lazy... Shaking her head, she tossed aside the thoughts.

Perhaps she took too much time, but each deciding factor weighed heavily against her, and shoved her into a life altering decision she knew she had to make fast. Granted the mare offered her a preview of the lands... she knew that if she did not decide now, she never would.

"Irrydae, Voodoo..." she looked to the two of them, her eyes sparking with an inner fire. Her mustang nature had already decided for her. "While the Foothills means easy survival, easy grass and beautiful weather... the Basin means a challenge, where only the hardiest of equines may live. They both take leaps and bounds apart." she sighed, shaking her head. Either she was stupid or a genius... "My blood sings for the challenge more than it sings for getting fat on sweet grass. Voodoo, if you will have me, I would like to accompany you to the Basin. Irrydae, I am sorry." It was more than she had spoken in the last year, all in one drawn out speech.

In all honesty the foothills seemed pointless to her, the only thing it had that she didn't was the herd. Sure her coat didn't grow well, probably never would... but the trials she had to surpass, each step she survived... would make her stronger.

"Myrah Speaks"

The purple tinted, feathered mare rambled on once again. She mocked my herd land once more, referring to it as a "barren cold desert," of course once she had justly talked up her warm, comforting land. I rolled my strange colored eyes and grinned mockingly. Immaturity at such a young age was very common for me, even after raising myself. The unicorn mare, Myrah, seemed to be lost in thought for a moment. My jet black tail swayed back and forth, brushing my hawks in a bored rhythm.

Her attention drew back to reality in a short time span, announcing each of our names. Her unnaturally bright eyes bounced back and forth from each of us, mine following Myrah's to glance at Irrydae for a moment. Two toned ears listened intently to the two horned female, perking forward once she announced that she chose the Basin. Good choice, girl I wanted to mock the older Pegasus, but I kept my mouth shut. That would more than likely end up putting me in a bad situation.

Instead, I dropped my head gracefully and grinned at Myrah. "Of course, Myrah." My skull raised back to its usual height, proudly held in the air, but not in an arrogant stretch. Shiny red eyes looked over the gorgeously colored Pegasus and I returned the same nod that she had given me. Back haunches tensed and I turned on a dime, almost in a standing roll back, and let my long limbs carry me toward homeland.

IS IN YOUR HEAD

Hidden Account
paddeh

irrydae.</style>

'While the Foothills means easy survival, easy grass and beautiful weather... the Basin means a challenge, where only the hardiest of equines may live. They both take leaps and bounds apart. My blood sings for the challenge more than it sings for getting fat on sweet grass. Voodoo, if you will have me, I would like to accompany you to the Basin. Irrydae, I am sorry.' I know the stallion is gloating and doing backflips in his head. And I want to see that smirk, hear the I-Told-You-So hahaha words from his mouth stained like blood. I would probably had made it real. Probably not. I am not violent. My face remains calm and I smile at her, seeing the stallion nod at me as I had done to him. Good boy, keeping it in so well. This mare was up for a big surprise. I can't help but think she would be so much better off at the Foothills. There was plenty of challenge in the Foothills.

"Ah, that's too bad. I hope you find what you're looking for in the Basin." I say to her, and then nod farewell to Voodoo. As the stallion turns and runs off, I turn my head directly to the mare, locking eye contact with her, and making sure the stallion is out of hearing range, my words ushered fast. "You don't know what you're up for. It's not what you think it is." I say, eyes stricken. "If you ever leave, you can find me in the Foothills. Good luck, Myrah." Those are my last words, and I nod to her, my mouth a grim, straight line as I swing my hips and canter away from her, wings drapping down to my sides as I move back towards my home. I didn't want to try any more recruiting today.

talk talk talk"
c@rlijones @ flickr.com

Unregistered

Myrah
Ooc:// No hard feelings Paddeh, just starting to conform her personality to the herd ;)//

Blue optics examined the two with clarity. Hidden well behind her dark curtain, she doubted they could tell much on what exactly she saw. The sharp smugness of the stallion, the anger of the Pegasus... Both of them tried to swallow it, hide their dislike... However young dear Myrah may be, or inexperienced in meeting others, she wasn't stupid. Molars ground and chewed away at a bit of grass that had missed her last swallow during her last meal.

She wasn't some prize to be won or argued over, she had a mind of her own and deadly hooves. Yet something in her told her that the Basin was the place to be. Not to condemn the stallion for he showed his maturity by biting back the words he wished to say.

Just as she was about to tear away, to launch into this inevitable travel to the north, the pegasi stopped next to her. Hooves grinding into the topsoil. Granted her passing words seemed to be wishing her a passing farewell, Myrah could tell that the conversation had yet to be over. Already, Voodoo, her guide to her new home, had started on the travel. Grunting, she looked tobthe pegasi. "Make it quick" she ground out. There was never a time in which she liked to be late, or fall behind.

The mares words were met with a dip of her head, but a cross look upon her face. To be told you were wrong was never easy to swallow, in fact it was never easy to accept. Myrah was not different in this, her eyes turned cool, almost neutral. After all, she was young as well, barely out of childhood. Yet she met her words with a string of her own. "Ill keep that in mind. But I have made my decision and I think I will tough it out. Even if its not what i thought it was." as the mare wandered away she couldn't help but grit her teeth. Stupid Pegasus. She couldn't stand a serpents tongue!
---
After Edit (had to quick post in order to drive sorry!)
---

All the damn mare did was denote the Basin and promote her own lands, not only did she insult the stallion but she insulted her as well. It was now that the grullo could see why the unicorn had wanted to get away from Pegasi and normal Equines... Unicorns were an honest race, and were civil! Though she couldn't help but feel a hint of worry despite her anger... Was the Basin really that bad? Then again to any other it probably was, just from the sheer cold alone!

Pistons fired, columns picked up, gears began to rotate as she shifted into first, then second... ultimately landing in third at a smooth canter. Gliding across the terrain like a sports car, following the hoof beats of her guide until finally she caught up and slowed to his pace. Today would eventually mark the day that everything began to change. For worse or for better, it all starts here.

"Myrah Speaks"