the Rift

[PRIVATE] Am I a Freak (For Getting Down?)

Knox Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 7.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17hh :: 7 Years [Tallsun] HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Jen

The hunter picks across worn fields of frost and watches the world around him with a certain sort of fantasy. A slump of depression, perhaps resulting from the season, has washed over him, leaving him strangely emotional. Manhattan trails behind him, worried as ever, but slightly more so than usual in the face of her master's sadness. The emotion in his breast is odd and uncomfortable; she has grown accustomed, now, to his chatty ancestors, but he himself is usually so quiet.

Today his mind reels and his thoughts pitch as if struggling in a storm. His body reacts physically and violently to the memories of blood. He has killed three living beasts.

Shortly and sharply, he has ended three lives in blood.

It has begun to dawn on him that this is not normal. When Mandrake fell before him by the heart, his ancestors, for a moment, fell silent. Some in awe, some in admiration, some in fear some in hate, but all at once. He had ushered them into silence; he knows now that this is strange, that this is a true mark of his horrible influence upon this mortal coil.

He had thought Mandrake's death would be simpler, for all the wicked things she had done, but he realizes now that her murder is still as twisted as that of the mare who he killed out of mercy in the marsh. He stops to rest now, letting his body slump and lean against the cold, rough bark of an aching, reddened tree. It shudders at his weight, sending down a flurry of dry and cracked vestiges of its once green canopy. At his feet, Manhattan rests on feathered haunches and leans affectionately into his sturdy legs, her head rested so that her gaze might catch his. The hunter's sigh is heavy as his heart, but still he curves his neck downwards to nuzzle his companion's forehead affectionately. It is a rare moment that the two are together in uninterrupted, peaceful bliss. He may be weighed down, and she may be in turn, but her kindheartedness and overprotective nature strives to cheer him up. Her image is reflected in the amulet affixed to his bridle, which glows faintly in the shadow cast in the early foothills morning. The two need rest, but for now they will stay awake and at each other's side. For now, despite their despair, they will take comfort in each other's company.

img © nereis01

Irrydae Posts: 111
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: Seven
paddeh
The daughter of the stars is bored. There is nothing for her to do today, and after being turned down in the Threshold for recruiting, she does not feel motivated to try again. It was like a slap in the face. She made the Foothills sound so boring- and they weren't! She snorted in anger, stomping her hoof before relaxing again. Irrydae focuses and instantly northern lights floated from the tips of her wings. But it did not just float and swirl around her, it all was directed at one spot, where a figure was forming. Quickly, a large doe appeared, a mixture of pastel colors that stood staring at Irrydae. A smile crossed purple lips as gold eyes met a swirl of colors before her. It was almost as if she had her companion... not really.

Irrydae moves on with the doe flanking her, her steps silent as she floated after the star kissed mare. Creamy trendils of mane floated on Irry's neck as she crossed into the forest. A scent quickly caught her nose and she turned gracefully, pushing her wings out slightly for balance. Dusted gold hooves puncture the ground lightly as she moves along through the light thicket of trees. She approaches the black stallion from the side, steps quiet as she slows. She looks quizzically at the thing on his face. What was that? As her eyes scope over his muscled body, she notices the dog that sits at his forelegs, and she looks back at the Aurora Borealis shaped doe that pauses as she does. She flicks her tail and it cuts through the doe and the figure wavers. She did not know what either of her magic abilities did- she had not had to use it against herself and it obviously did nothing to her.

Her thoughts then return to the stallion, who seems down. "Hello," she starts softly, sympathy crossing her face as she steps closer. "Are you alright?" He was not a stranger, did not smell like one. He was from the Foothills, but she had not met him before.

[ooc; notes here]
irrydae,
Credits
[Image: wu5k41.png]
please tag irry in every post! magic & aggression allowed w/o death

Knox Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 7.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17hh :: 7 Years [Tallsun] HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Jen

The hunter's eyes lift as the secluded and intimate silence resting between himself and his bonded is broken. Manhattan alerts him first with a quick shift of her body, and as her haunches lift and her tail strikes his cannon, Knox follows the path of her gaze. Before them stand a starry pegasus mare of peculiar coloring; at her side, a being of the stares. Even Manhattan, ever curious, ever hungry for a meal, knows to stay back from the creature. It is not of this world, the hunter tells his companion through their powerful bond. Stay by me, I will protect you today.

Manhattan gives into exhaustion and listens this once. It is likely that she sees the mare as innocent, and her creature, magical as it may be, as no real threat. With each passing day she and her master grow stronger at each others' sides, and she knows now, that protective as she may be, Knox can take care of himself. It is strange for her to think that he is no longer the young colt she first met; it is strange for him to see how she has grown into such a sleek and powerful creature.

Knox lets his neck follow his eyes, and soon he stands tall to look down on the smaller mare. He pushes away from the tree, turning as he does so that he can face her, and nods. He scents nothing other than the grey upon her, and in turn his following words are civil. "Simply tired," he answers curtly, never having been one to speak much. Even as the words slip from his lips, Cem scolds him for showing any sort of weakness. Another, Zekiah, praises him for his lies- he has always been good at telling lies. He knows better than to share his murders with his fellow members of The Grey; with none of them being made under contract, knowledge of the death he has caused would only bring him trouble among the herd. "I'm afraid I haven't met you or your... friend," he goes on, realizing that he should learn the names of his fellow mercenaries. Realizing, of course, with the urgings of the sociable Roanne. "I am Knox."

Manhattan, aching with exhaustion, lets her body fall once more to his side. She rests in the dim shadow of the tree, her long, black feathered fur tracing faint lines in the cold dust. She sighs stiffly, letting her head fall to rest across her legs. Still, she keeps her eyes open and watches the star creature warily. She will rest, only at her master's insistence, but she will never stop protecting him.

img © nereis01

Irrydae Posts: 111
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: Seven
paddeh
'Simply tired,' He says quickly, and the mare's mouth turns down slightly, not quiet believing him but throwing the thought aside. Irrydae smiles at the pair, watching the tired dog flop before her companion's hooves. She couldn't help but think he looked slightly troubled. Irry was good at finding the minuscule things in one's expression, something her mother had taught her of course. But she realized he also did not seem willing to talk about it so she did not pester on about it. 'I'm afraid I haven't met you or your... friend,' he says and surprise floods through her face, remembering the doe. "Oh! That's just part of my magic." The mare says, her right wing falling from her side to interrupt the image before it disappeared.

'I am Knox.' It is good that she is meeting more of her herd now, while she had already met many or at least heard their names, Knox here was not one of them. "I am Irrydae. The Storyteller." I step towards him, body posture relaxed and friendly, ears tilted forward slightly. "It is nice to meet you, Knox. I have been trying to meet everyone since I joined the Foothills. It is wonderful here." She continued, probably boring him with all her chatter. "Everyone here seems like such a tight family." A slight pang ran through her and gripped her voice as she spoke. She did not quite feel the tight bond of this family, at least not yet. It was hard being an outsider, but it would take time, and Irry knew that.

The dog flops to the ground again, though her bright eyes do not leave Irrydae, and her eyes catch Knox's companion, offering a smile to the wary creature. "She is cute. I have always wanted a companion. I hear it's wonderful." Again. She is gushing out and won't shut up. She closes her lips, stopping anything else she might say as to not irritate the black stallion before her. She felt to bright for the... tired soul.

[ooc; take time on your reply! no rush.]
irrydae,
Credits
[Image: wu5k41.png]
please tag irry in every post! magic & aggression allowed w/o death