the Rift

Your teeth are nails [Challenge - Eios]

Vesta Posts: 15
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 5 years Buff: NOVICE
Time
The sun was just breaking over the mountains, the east horizon bursting with brilliant hues of blood, gold, and magic. Stars still glittered far off in the deep plum of the night sky, but the sun was quickly swallowing the night. It was majestic, alluring, and wondrous, but not everyone had time to admire it. High in the cloudless sky moved a creature of power and speed. Its wing beats were steady and timed, moving the figure away from the ocean and more inward towards the oasis of the desert. Descending, the creature moved its body in large, sweeping loops until finally dark grey hooves touched the red, hard-packed earth. The creature was ready, nostrils flared and eyes wild.

Today she was going to prove her prowess.

Letting her wings tuck at her sides nonchalantly, Vesta took three careful steps forward before turning her head to watch the distance for the approach of the one she was to battle. Kri had announced their pairing, and Vesta had inwardly scoffed. The stallion she was pit against was pitiful looking enough, so feminine and fragile. He was larger, though, bulkier than her, but the warrior paid no mind. She was skilled in battle, undefeated in her three years, and she would not fail herself today. Flicking her charcoal tail, Vesta whinnied into the distance, calling for the white pegasus. Settled in waiting, the mare took mind to calm her breathing and prepare inwardly for what was to come. She had no fear of this stallion, Eios, but she was also wise enough not to underestimate another so quickly. The group of mares Vesta as raised with was a mass of skill, or lackthereof, and Vesta could adjust her tactics to match or outweigh those of her opponents. Above all else, Vesta itched for this battle.

Today was going to be different than the last battle she had escaped from. She had been the last standing mare of her group, and her heart and mind had told her to flee. Today there would be no flight of her hooves—no, she would match this larger stallion and clash against him. She was proving herself as a true warrior today. Her loyalties to Kri and her devotion to this herd she now called her family were at stake. She would fight today to reach for the chance to serve as a leader of Kri’s army. The gods knew that Kri needed another good, solid warrior to aid her. It seemed that the chocolate leader’s sergeants were doing a poor job, and Vesta vowed to herself that if she were to be denied the position of General that she would challenge one of the sergeants—probably one of the two mares that were not participating in the tournament. Vesta scoffed at them, spit at their cowardice. She believed that by not fighting to advance into rank that they were becoming comfortable and arrogant of their position—two things that the grey mare would not stand for.

Only time would tell, and Vesta was eager to test the clock.

[WC: 513 | PC: 0/4 | Setting: Sunrise, earth is cool. It is in an undefined area of the Throat, with hard packed soil and no large obstacles. | Good luck, Illu!]

[Friendly Challenge - Vesta vs. Eios determined as per Boom for the DT Tournament for General. Standard Challenge rules apply: Fighting format includes an 800 word maximum. Challenges have a minimum of 4 attack posts total for each character, and a closing defense post for whoever attacked first. Please include post count in your fighting posts, so that judges can easily keep track. You are not allowed to edit posts once your opponent has responded.
✗- A challenge must be replied to within 72 hours of the last post, or the opponent who fails to respond forfeits.
✗-Challenges will not be fought to the death unless already planned upon by the involved characters.
✗- Fights are judged because typically no clear winner will arise, however if at the end of a fight your character is unconscious or at the mercy of your opponent you have lost regardless. If there is a planned winner to the fight, it does not need to be judged.
✗- Predetermined winners will not be awarded VP.
Vesta
</style>

image credits
table by whit

Eios Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

The blazing sun bled lengthy strands of bloody gold. It bled into the land, across the hills, into the valleys, and between the rivets in the leaves of trees. The sun drops dripped into the crevices between mine eyes, awakening me. The oceans of my soul snap open, stagnant from the nights' rest, and swirl violently to life. Today was the day, the first day of the Tournament, as decreed by the Sultana.

A ripple of excitement rolls through my soul, a jolt of adrenaline I knew I should ignore, as I took to the golden skies. My wings pound the air with a intelligently powerful, sure strength. A violently seductive caress. I hadn't taken offense to the mare I'd been paired with, Soldier Vesta(the one whom could be described as of rather short stature), for I knew what the general consensus of the herd was on my own appearance. Appearances could be deceiving though, and I would prove that today, regardless of the outcome. They would know that, at the least, I was a worthy opponent.

I am not long in the air before I see who I assume is her, my opponent, flying through the air a ways in the distance. She does not notice me and, frankly, its impossible to see anything detailed in this gold-flecked morning sun, but it is obvious that she is, at the least, small and swift. She was clearly going be hard to out-maneuver on the ground or in the sky, solely because of my larger stature. I knew I could work around that though, with a little bit of work. However, a frown comes unbidden to my brow when I watch her begin to decend. We might be different in stature, but our fighting styles were likely to be rather similar. How would I gain the upper hand with such similarities? Looks could always be deceiving but...wait...that was it! A small smile spreads across my lips as I realize I already have an advantage: my appearance. She was almost certain to have the same opinions of me as many of my herdmates, so, why shouldn't I capitalize upon that? Brutish, slow pretty boy? Sure, that could be me. If I could remember to keep up a convincing ruse, it might enable me to keep her on her toes enough that I could gain the upper hoof.

I can't act as if my massive muscles hold no strength, but I can alter things which can't be easily known. Before I reach her eyesight, I destabilize my perfect strokes down to that of a flier which is a little unskilled. Believable as I'm still young. And I loose the intelligent timing too, reducing myself to mere brutish rapage of the air. It takes me a moment or two to fully adjust to the new style, but eventually I get it. I have power, and not much else, I repeat to myself. Power. I smirk and continue plowing through the air. A few moments later I reach the spot at which she has chosen to land, circle around, and conduct my brutish landing (well, its a landing I would always do, but it was rather brutish). I swish myself into a nosedive, deep long, hard, and fast I plunge from the air until I pull up at a somewhat earlier time that I normally would(keeping in mind that I wasn't supposed to be too intelligent) and pound my hooves into the ground a stride before her body.

A tauntingly sexy grin spreads across my face as I speak, my voice deeply rumbling, "Vesta, I presume?" and I break the words with a quick head bob, "I am Eios." and then I conduct a promising, but poorly executed lunge at the right side of her fleshy neck, tucking my wings close. It was a somewhat lumbering attempt forward, much like a tank, in its sturdy approach. However, the somewhat slower speed meant that I could always adjust, while keeping up my guise, if she decided to retaliate and not dodge away, and I'd likely still land a small scrape.

Following the basic lunge, I whip out my wings(but am careful to keep them out of her grabby mouth's reach) in an attempt to whip some dust in her face and aid me in my stride backwards with one, powerful, reversed wingbeat before they're quickly sheathed again. Two attacks, simple, power oriented, and somewhat lacking in ingenuity, but not too much so as to appear unbelievably unintelligent. My muscles still taught in wait for her next movements, I feel as if I've managed to pull the whole thing off rather well. The dawn of the new day continuing to rise as we dance.

[Word Count: 792 words precisely
Attack/s-Action Summary: Eios lands on the ground directly in front of her, changes his movements so as to appear not very intelligent, a "meh" flier, and mostly power oriented in his style. He lunges a bite at the right side of her neck and then flips his wings out for one wingbeat to try and get some dust in her face/eyes and then remains a single stride away waiting for her next move(again a hint to some possible slowness).
Good luck to you too Time! I'm sorry for the long posteh!]

"speaking"

Image Credits

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time
Illu and I have agreed to postpone this spar until after I have returned from absent. Thank you!

Through the ages of time
I've been known for my hate,
but I'm a dealer of simple choices;
for me it's never too late.

please tag me

Official Posts: 847
Administrator
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Official
Vesta has withdrawn from the tourney, and defaults to Eios.
Eios receives 1 VP.