the Rift

[OPEN] wings and antlers, [hector]

Andromeda Posts: 91
Dragon's Throat Healer
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.1hh :: 5 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Lauren
   Today was the first day the snow fell in the Throat. The air was bitterly cold on my lungs, grating unpleasantly with each inhale, and with each exhale billowed silver, satin clouds into the sky, sparkling with surprising brilliance in the faded sunlight. Pale, crystal flakes drifted downward in elegant, easy spirals, acting as if they had not a care in the world. I tipped my head upwards, letting my eyelids gently slip downwards over my heterochromia eyes, feeling the tiny flakes settle delicately on the thin flesh of my face. A glorious smile lifted my face, and a pure, sparkling joy lit me up from the inside. Drifting upwards in the air came a glorious laugh, a pure, gentle laugh that portrayed all of my clean happiness from the purity of a fresh autumn day that neared winter. Oh yes, no doubt soon enough I would begin to worry of our beloved home; but for now, I reveled in the crisp freshness of a new morning, the pale gold light that lit every sparkling snowflake on liquid crystal fire.

I descended from the divine realms of the heaven above, wings flaring to cup the air, back-beating gracefully and alighting hind hooves first, and then fores, an easy smile lighting my face as the sun truly rose above the snow-dusted horizon, a white circle of flame in the sky, turning the yonder a delicate shade of robin egg blue. I fold my wings cleanly to my flanks, resisting the urge to laugh once more, and move forward leisurely to the edge of the ocean. The water whispers gently against the snow-sparkled sand, murmuring stories passed down for years of a language I know not, always longing to become one with the sand. I stand, feet dug into the sand, just inches away from the lapping salt water, and let the breeze stir my charcoal mane and tail.

Everything is so wonderfully peaceful.
Andromeda
creds
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Andromeda excluding dismemberment and death.

Hector Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 18.3hh :: 7 Years HP: 63 | Buff: ENDURE
Veci :: Plain Boggart :: Suffocate Dream
 Hector</style>

[Set before Throat Tournament for less complications ^^]

Hector stood atop a rather large looking stone, leonine tail flowing in the chilly wind as orange gaze pierced the land. Content that all looked safe in the dusty land, he jumped from his rocky perch and took flight into the snowy sky. Squinting his eyes as he strained to see through the cold weather that was unusual in the Throat, but heralded Frost Falls coming. The hybrid had not gone too far when he was joined by a familiar presence of his companion, invisible to the naked eye, but Hector knew Veci was there. Others may notice the presence of the spectre too if their senses are keen and sharply tuned. Though most of the time the boggart went unnoticed and Hector was beginning to see that reflecting in his friend's personality, who often did silly things to try and get attention. Though he sighed and berated him for the absurdist of actions, Hector could not imagine a life without his friend. The silent presence and gentle link of minds, it was a feeling nobody could replace and the orange boy had found himself much happier now than his life before bondage.

The pair flew (or floated) together across the new day, the stallion's body slowly warming up with movement and for once he was thankful he'd grown his mane out. It wouldn't be too long until his fur was thicker and that particular thought made Hector wrinkle his nose, Tallsun was a much better season in the hybrid's opinion. The sun rose higher, his liver colour blending into it's much needed rays with his hair turned to appear like fire. A sight indeed as he travelled onwards towards the ocean where he found an unfamiliar black figure upon the floor and he dips down to greet the mare. Her scent labelled her of this land and her markings were a wonder to his youthful gaze. Large brown wings braced against the air and carefully he placed hooves upon the earth, cantering for a few strides before returning to leisurely walk.

On closer inspection he noted to be Andromeda, a Sergeant. Hector had never really spoken to her and was quite happy he may have the chance to now. He did not know if she would remember him from the previous herd meeting, so he would introduce himself anyway. As was, in Hector's mind, approprirate. Walking towards her he noted her blue coloured eyes that reminded him of the electric blue of his son, which sent a pang of worry through his body. It had been a long time since he had seen Ares and Eris. They were probably grown up by now, maybe not fully grown, but surely getting there. He regretted not being able to watch them grow and he hoped that Daenerys had kept them safe. Returning to the present, he smiled kindly at the mare in front of him and walked across the sand before halting next to her, orange gaze looking outwards across the sea. The smell of salt entering his nostrils as the bitter wind picked up his mane and waved it like a banner.

"Sergeant! How are you this chilly morning?" he asked as a timid conversation starter, gaining a little more confidence when Veci finally arrived at his side. Looking curiously over to the mare as his friend spoke again "My name is Hector, a loyal Soldier" he said quite proudly.

Image Credits

• Dragon's Throat Rank Experience: Fortify | Level 3
• Permission given for moderate power play, magical influence and damage at all times