Kovoden Posts: 6
Deceased
Colt :: Pegasus :: 16.3hh :: Newborn
paddeh
I can't get this memories out of my mind,
And some kind of Madness,
has started to evolve.

Dear Mother,

I have not said one word yet. I think you are disappointed. Are you? I am sorry. I wonder what you look like. I wonder what I look like! You haven't told me. Maybe it's because I haven't asked? I am thinking about asking. When I woke up this morning your warm body wasn't there and I panicked. I am still panicking. Maybe you had shifted a few feet away from me, but I do not know. I can not see, remember? Though I don't know why I can't, I don't know that it's technically called blind, and I don't know it's not normal. You haven't told me that either, mother, why are you not telling me things? Where is father?

I had stumbled down the mountainside on wobbly legs that are still brand new, fuzz covering the apengadges that are folded at my sides. Milky blue eyes are unfocused as I scramble along, head swinging everywhere and audits pricked forward. My nares are flared as I search for your scent, momma. It is so cold. Why is it so cold? I don't like it. I want to be at your warm side again. My stomach hurts, momma. Where are you? Did you leave me? It is so cold now I feel numb. My grey hooves crunch under something I will learn to be called snow. It startles me and I jump back, but it does not disappear, and with every step there is a crunch now. And the cold doesn't stop, mother. It just gets colder and colder and colder. Where are you? Where am I? I am looking for you mother, don't worry, I'll find you soon I hope.

"Speak"

Storm Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
My child. My baby. I worried about him when I returned to see my fuzzy little son gone. Panic rose within me. Yes, I was planning to leave him later when he was older after I taught him valuable lessons and fighting skills, but now I never intended on abandoning him even though previously I had thoughts on it. My intentions earlier were just to go out and feed on some fresher grass farther along the way while my dear Kovoden slept, but the plan failed when I came back and he vanished. Quickly I walked around, scanning the area seeing where he was, but he was nowhere near where I briefly left him. Running and lifting off the ground, I opened my massive wings to find my son. My son. I urgently had to find him, and if I didn't.....

I finally spotted a little white shape traversing mountains. As I peered in closer I saw his red tipped wings, and milky eyes. It was the day I realized he was blind. The regret I felt for bringing the poor child in the world to never see. But he still had me for now, and I needed to raise him to be honest and proper. "KOVODEN!" I yelled, swooping down to him, racing towards him and stopping. "Where did you go? I was worried!" I said, the momentary terror present in my raising voice. "Don't ever leave me again! Not now!", Storm scolded, nuzzling her son, hoping for a herd. If only I lived in a herd, the others would help look after him. We'd be...family. Motherly instincts kicked in, while she nuzzled him relentlessly. "I'm not leaving you yet", she whispered.

Kovoden Posts: 6
Deceased
Colt :: Pegasus :: 16.3hh :: Newborn
paddeh
I can't get this memories out of my mind,
And some kind of Madness,
has started to evolve.

Still nothing. No familiar scents, no familiar sounds of the birds. I feel something cold hitting me and I do not like it. Not one bit. I stop, head swinging in though the darkness does not change. I flail the appendages on my sides, tiny daggers crunching in the fresh snow that freezes my legs and sticks to the feathering. 'KOVODEN!' I recognize that voice. It is you mother. So you have found me? It's about time.'Where did you go? I was worried!' Still I say nothing, my expression unchanging. You were worried? The thought in my head sarcastic. 'Don't ever leave me again! Not now!' She yelled at me, and when her muzzle touches my skin I flinch away from her. Who is Kovoden? Is that me? You have not told me anything, mother.

My lips do not part to speak, and I swallow roughly, turning my head away from her- at least I think it's away. I am upset with you, mother. Why are you angry at me? You should just be angry at yourself. You have been withholding every piece of information possible from me. I am still new to this place and you expect so much from me. Maybe I would warm up to you more if you actually told me things. I could have died if you had not found me. A huff escapes me as my coat shows jarring, abrupt images of bright colors, constantly changing. Maybe one day I will learn to control it. Maybe you should tell me that too?
"Speak"

Confutatis the World Eater Posts: 179
Hidden Account atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2hh :: 9 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Mongrel :: Common Kitsune :: Dark Illusions wanda

Confutatis

Confutatis was not a child thief; not yet, that is. The mare, half-blind, has shadows in her sightless eye, a storm of flickering darkness. She moves silently, a smear of charcoal in the white. Every step is languid but restless, the tired tiger trapped inside its puny cage, impatient and ill at ease with the people rattling the iron bars. The beast moves swifter, moving from long-strided walk to lazy trot, ears twitching restlessly, the ruby stallion of yesterday's adventures still present in her mind, the dark velvet of his voice rubbing sinister against the torn satin of her mind.

Her haunting amber eye half-closes, shutting out the silently sweeping snow whispering across the crust of the Frostbreath Steppe, allowing the resident blackness rise up from her foul heart, engulfing her in silent and vicious vileness, repellent darkness, the cemetery's inhabitants at night.

Confutatis is malignant; corrupted and blackened, twisted and rotten, evil and sinister, wicked and heartless. Her mouth is acid, and the cavity inside her chest containing the shriveled thing that is her heart is falling into decay. Is it possible for her to love, to let warmth blossom in her deadened body? What is she but a feral woman, a madman, an ingenious beast playing civility? What is her low, what is her ultimatum? Does it exist, the invisible boundary between far and too far? She had born a child before, and gifted him with excruciating death- who was to say she would not stoop so low again? Bitter witch, hating bitch. The queen spun of shadows moves forward, towards what she has heard, to the shrieks and cries of desperation and raw anger.

What she finds is a sight for tired eyes, so rottenly sweet it makes her dizzy with contempt.

"No," the wicked monster murmurs, drawing nearer, snow swirling around her shadowed body. "Leave the child." Confutatis growls, her voice low and deep, a rusted machine coarse from disuse. "Leave."

Was it compassion in her chest?

Or was it the idea of something new?