the Rift

[DROP] Quest Drop #6 Spark | Time

God of the Spark Posts: 111
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15.3hh :: Ageless
Admin

Step One :: Signing Up!
- You will respond to this drop in character, responding as if every character who shows up is also present
- This will operate sort of like a meeting with back and forth between the God of the Spark and your characters
-**NOTE** Remember that when you post here, that you provide links to the times your character has been refused in the veins, as well as what you are questing for.
- Your character has 72 hours to respond to this thread properly
- You must have the quest-related on your wishlist for 1 month.

Step Two :: The Decision
- God of the Spark will then choose 1-2 characters to take under his wing and give them quests for whatever they choose (Options listed below)
- When the decisions are posted, so will be the rubric.
- You character's name will be put into a "pot" of names 1 additional time for each previous refusal from a drop or a quest
- All numbers, tables and functions will be screenshots for transparency and understanding

The Quest :: Time or Shock based magic/upgrade, normal companion, marking/appearance alteration, or item (Either related to the God or without any affiliation)
- Winner/s will then continue forward either on a new thread or the tail end of this thread where their desires are stated and the questing begins
- The quests will be traditionally like the veins quests

Timeslip

So he had missed the birth of his foal. Perfect. He had given Ophelia a way of calling to him, that would reach through the time-stream, and he assumed she would have used it once she started feeling contractions. Was she trying to be strong? To prove that she didn't need him? It was his damned foal too! By the time he had noticed how much time had slipped past him, it always already too late. Mortals! He scoffed; and even worse - mares!. They always acted as if the God's owed them, or that they didn't need them, and right now, Ophelia seemed to be feeling both. Swiftly he leaped from the time-stream, creating a hole in the fabric of reality, just large enough to squeeze his disgruntled blue-ass through.

Dark cloven hooves fell upon the hardened terrain of the Steppe, as a brisk wind slapped against his steely blue flanks. Already it seemed that Frostfall's chill was influencing the air here; not so surprising, for the Steppe was chilly even in the warmer seasons. Huffing, he looked about, trying to discern how much time had passed. Days? Weeks? Surely not an entire year...Although the Steppe was an ambiguous indicator. Even so, the air still held some moisture and warmth, which would hint towards it being Orangemoon, possible only a few weeks after he and Ophelia had spoken last.

His sapphire gaze was cloudy with annoyance, as he began to make his way across the Steppe. He considered simply letting himself be washed away by the timestream, appearing later in both Ophelia and his foal's life, when both were older and more reasonable...However, as attractive as it would be, to not have to deal with another of Ophelia's tantrums (for he believed he would would receive another when he did show up), he more strongly wanted to avoid his offspring having Daddy issues down the road. And so, the least obvious of all the Helovian God's trudged south across the Steppe.

OOC FAQ
1. You cannot get a mythical companion quest from this drop
2. Do not post unless your request is relative to the God of the Spark and has been in the Wishlist database for at least one month.

Azulee Posts: 62
Dragon's Throat Warrior atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 hands :: 6 years :: Orangemoon HP: 65.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Valda
azulee
they want rain without thunder and lightning

I remember this place. Mother took me here when I was small. I cannot say it has changed much. The air is brisk and merely rakes across my peppered hide. A thick, powdery robe of white cloaks the Earth for miles on end, a pristine canvas interrupted only by the dark crags of distant mountains. I choose not to fly. The air is wreathed in a stale chill, and I detest it. I prefer the warmth of the desert, sunlight dousing my flanks and sand squelching beneath my hooves, but I cannot deny the beauty this place holds. Mother has taught me to see the beauty in all things, and I find it in the way the ground seems to be strung with tiny pearls. They glimmer faintly in the dull sun overhead as I walk past them, crunching some beneath my hooves as I stride onward. That said, I'd still rather be in the desert.

Despite this, I continue. I am intrigued by a strange apparition in the near distance. I freeze, studying it for a moment with my ears pricked stiffly forward. The very air seems to tear asunder maybe 20 feet or so away, revealing a gaping, black emptiness which seems to writhe and radiate before a black-white body emerges. The hole swallows itself, leaving behind an imperious, horned figure. I observe for a moment, assessing the situation, uncertain of whether or not to approach. In the end, my curiosity gains the better of me, and I cautiously make my way toward it. Puffs of steam curl from my nostrils and my eyes are narrowed as his figure slowly becomes more clear to me. I stop just a few strides away, my head high and my leonine tail swaying passively.

My expression is not hostile - if anything it is a bit distrusting and there is an unmistakable air of suspicion which hovers around me. I exhale. "Hello," I say coolly, hoisting my muzzle as I speak as if to emphasize the word. I hold my wings at half mast in an attempt to make myself look bigger. I'm not trying to intimidate him, but you can never be too wary of strangers, and on the off-chance he decides to attack I will be ready to flee.

"Who are you?" I ask.

[ ooc ; Azulee has never quested for magic. ]

Questing For ;
:: [Magic: Spark x Wind | The ability to summon flashes of lightning at will.]
background image © riktorsashen

Casimir Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

C a s i m i r

D r a g My T e e t h Across Y o u r Chest
To T a s t e Your B e a t i n g Heart

What was it about wondering that got him so happy? The days of Orangemoon, which had been long and grueling before, now flew by with a vigor that he had yet to see. The autumn had gone by so quickly, and winter would soon be upon them. His days of spending time outside would cease, as the snow wasn't really the place for the white draft, and he would be sticking close to the herd land unless he was simply too cooped up. But the more he began to think about it, the more he thought that it wasn't all that bad. Snow was an archenemy of his. It was cold and wet, and he always fell in it, and it just made him cold, and he hated being cold. Why did it have to be cold? He didn't get it. Maybe he was breaking some law of science, but he would be better off if snow wasn't cold.

Still, the idea of winter stuck in his brain. He decided to try to see if there was snow somewhere around this time of year, and he knew if you went far enough north, there should be. He had never been very far north before, and it was already beginning to feel like an adventure. Though he soon found that the terrain grew from dry weeded grass to shriveled up masses below his hooves, and he could already feel the coldness drifting into his skin. The first snow hit him, and then soon he was covered in it. He was now in the Frostbreath Steppe, and as he made his way across he could see nothing but white in front of him. However, before he would reach the God of the Spark, he would trip three times, shivering and cursing halfheartedly about how he hated snow.

And there he was, the God of the Spark. He had not expected him to be in a such a place, but he was the patron god of an area up North, so it did make sense. He remembered him from a while ago, and though he had not spoke a word to him then, he wanted to speak to him now. There was another child there, giving him a questioning gaze and asked who he was.

"Good Evening Sir of the Spark. Are you well today?"

OCC: [Companion: Chocolate Lab | Heal]

[Image: 44e8a148-3afd-49ff-886c-88547d8c0d92_zps0984fc50.jpg]

Talianna Posts: N/A
Unregistered
Be it flood or be it fire
I will come in times most dire

Had it not been for my stubborn desire to journey to each of the herdlands and keep counsel with the leads of every region, I would not have been able to meet with the God of the Spark at all. Much like my encounter with his sister, the Moon Maiden, it was pure happenstance that I was allowed the opportunity to converse with her. I still question whether or not the Gods have played a hand in these fortuitous events, but I am thankful that they had occurred nonetheless. My current objective was to make my healing capabilities known to all of the leads, but it was also my mission to act as a vessel for the Gods -- my encounter with each of them would be inevitable, more or less, for it was only a matter of taking the time to search for each of the wandering deities that was holding me back.

A subtle snort sounds from my dark naves as I make to introduce myself, my dual-colored eyes glancing over the blue-and-white hide of the Time God as he trudges past. For a moment I am dumbfounded as to why he would waste time sloughing through the frozen terrain when he could simply travel through time, but I refuse to show that I am ungrateful for it. I can vaguely remember my mother -- who spoke often of the ways of the Gods -- saying that they, like mortals, also enjoy the sensation of becoming one with the earth that they rule over, instead of always remaining above it. It is unknown to me whether or not her theory rings with truth, but I know for certain that I, myself, do not feel shame for having to remain planted on the ground like others of my kind. Sometimes it is both wonderful and humbling to listen to the quaking of the earth beneath one's pounding hooves, and to know that as long as you are here, you just simply belong.

Breaking off from the northward path that my tall, mud-colored legs had been making in the snow, I redirect my dun-skinned body so that I cross directly in the stallion's line of sight. As I reposition myself so that I do not have to face the sun's glare, I notice that I am not the only one who has had their attention sought after by the God.

A low nicker of greeting escapes past my lips, billows of steam following soon after the sound, and I ease myself into an effortless trot atop the powdered snow to stand alongside the young pegasus. I keep my distance however, for I am weary of the expression in her eye that immediately tells me that she does not know what to think of these strangers gathering around her. I do my best not to startle the creature, for it would be a shame if she were to spook and miss out on this rare meeting between mortal and Time God.

Instead of shaking out my snow-sodden hide I turn slowly to face the swiftly-moving figure of the electric blue stag. I do not move to greet him, for the words that have flowed from the horned stallion's lips are more than suitable for this frost-laden meeting.

{OOC: As of tomorrow this wishlist entry will be eligible to enter this quest drop. 04/22/2013 :: [Item | Small glass vial with a rare elixir inside it that has the ability to bring back the life of another. Single use item.] If this is still considered to be illegitimate and unsuitable for entry, please let me know so that I can change it.}

Walk walk walk.

"Talk talk talk".

Image Credits

Elizabeth Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Elizabeth

And it was here that she expected to see the God of the Holy Spark, and it was here that she found him. She was on a patrol, scouting out the boarders that lie beyond the land just in case there were any that would come to sneak to the Aurora Basin. Life in the Basin was growing dreary, and it seemed that there was too much routine to follow. Never one for following all of the rules, she stepped outside her herd land, intend on finding something to do that would both be fun and entertaining. And what she found brought a frown to her lips.

The God of the Spark was trudging across the snow and ice close to home, and suddenly there was a whole crowd upon him. And only one was a unicorn. This made her blood boil, but she would not let these hornless get her riled up in front of her own God. She made her way to them, poison dripping from curved lips as she looked over the trio next to him. She recognized two of them, for they were the same ones that joined before her and gave the Moon her names. She grunted, peering at the third, a young filly. She looked of just a year, and she smelled of the Throat. Why was she all the way out here? But once again, that was no her concern. She turned to her god after the others had stopped, giving a bow of the head and a sweet smile.

"My liege. It's so nice to you you've joined us again. Did you lose yourself in the time steams?"

OCC: [Companion: Wolverine | Poison]

Words

Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, nor hell a fury like a woman scorned

Arah Posts: 343
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Wynter :: Royal Griffin :: Draining Clutch Frostie
[Image: 4hz8ty.jpg]
Credits; Carnival-ride-Stock.deviantart.com SweetDreams-Stock.deviantart.com Photomanipulator; AlexLibby.deviantart.com

Arah

She had heard a familiar voice and approached where the voice had approached from with caution. She was always curious, eager to learn and ready to meet new people. With new people, new connections were formed and with these connections friendships were made. So now The golden orbs looked for where to seek out who owned the voices. Her lightly coloured hooves stopped a short distance away from the meeting and a smile settled on her lips. She recognised the black hide of Elizabeth, the mare who she had saved from drawing, the rest however Arah did not know. There was a young pegasus, a male unicorn with curved horns and finally an equine. Arah stopped and and studied the final stallion. The god of the spark. Eyes grew wide and Arah paused and studied him for a moment, feeling too shy to approach the god. She knew that she had only just washed out her hair and coat, she felt presentable. Slow delicate steps carried her to stop next to Elizabeth, who she tossed a genuine smile to before letting her smile settle on The god. It was amazing to meet this god, to let her eyes even settle on his form. She was sure that the awe was showing on her face.

She was careful not to crowd the god, feeling that if Elizabeth felt that this was a good distance then this was where Arah would also stand. "It's an honour to meet you." Arah speaks up boldly to the stallion, her bright eyes shinning in curiosity and amazement. To think about the power that this god had! She knew he would be as powerful as the sun god, whose bear Arah had taken on. She glances around the group again worried that they were crowding the God, she assumed that he, like most of the other gods, didn't like to be touched or crowded by mortals. Then again one shouldn't assume things, but she had also heard rumours about this god. That he was a little...mean. Still, that wasn't going to stop her from meeting the god. After all each god had the ability to give out amazing gifts and Arah was eager to find out just how they did it. Even if she wasn't at the receiving of the gift.

Haunted by my eyes, the way they hold your attention even in the loudest silences.
Notes; [Magic: Time x Light | Hypnosis of past or future events | She locks eyes with her target and through the eye contact she hypnotically alters the events in the targets mind. ]
Previous quests;
Quest drop #4
Words; 386

And I ain't afraid to die, I’m afraid of going to hell.

✽ Force and magic permitted. ✽
✽ No fatal or permanent damage. ✽
✽ Please only tag in opening posts. ✽

Scarter Posts: N/A
Unregistered
SCARTER
It blesseth him that gives and him that takes.

A breeze fluttered through her mane and as usual the care factor of this mare for matters of actual importance were minimal. Her black hooves made little noise as she trotted around looking to cause trouble. She was bored and for someone as fabulous as her it was practically a criminal offence. A light sigh tumbled from her lips and she heard voices from the distance. Finally some entertainment for her, it had been days since she had any interaction with another being. Trotting along with her head held high and a smirk on her lips, Scarter began to approach the group. She did not stop until she came to a pause next to some adoring idiot with antlers. Her eyes studied the group, dark female unicorn boring, the idiot with antlers boring. A young winged filly...boring, an equine mare erugh and a rather dull looking unicorn stallion ew. Then finally her eyes settled on the God. She knew who he was of course and was okay to admit that she was impressed with his godlyness. Putting a sickly sweet voice on she grins at him and muttered "my god, you are quite impressive."

Her eyes look around the rest of the boring lot and she sighs. "What rather drab company for a god." Oh yes, Scarter's bitchy side was on today. Taking no prisoners like usual. Certain that she could at least make things a little more interesting for the god, provide him with cheap entertainment, she grins at him. Her mind wonders what he's doing her for a second...then the logical thought is gone and the original Scarter is back.
A wink for the god and a taunting stare at the black unicorn mare, hoping to stir up a little trouble. Her mind never thought once about the others and their lives. Only she mattered, only her needs and her desire for entertainment was on her mind. She hoped the god would whisk her away for a few hours of fun before she had to return to her rather drab life.

[[OOC: 05/04/2013 ::[Magic: Shock x Time :: Disappears into a cloud of electricity | She needs be be running at full gallop and then closes her eyes and envisions where she wishes to end up. [Teleportation is restricted to areas that are adjacent to each other on the Helovian map, e.g., World's Edge to the Endless Blue.] ]]

Credits;;
Table; Frostie

Irrydae Posts: 111
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: Seven
paddeh

As hot as fire, cold as ice,
Sweet as sugar and everything nice.

Golden eyes open sleepily, tousled hair strewn and tangled across the ground. Irrydae slowly stands, stretching her wings. She finds herself not at her pool, but in the forest in the Foothills. She yawns wearily before snaking her way through the trees out into the open. She shifts her weight between her legs, trying to decide what to do today. She could go to the Threshold again, but that was getting boring and tedious. She flicks her tail as she pushes herself into the air, wings stiff and awkward at first. She has not flown for awhile, but has stayed on the ground. It wasn't long before she was soaring gracefully on thermals again, bright eyes alert and curious.

The star flower is venturing places she has not seen yet. She found herself venturing North, where the cold was. She was not a fan of the cold but it was time to see the rest of Helovia. It wasn't long before she passed the Heavenly Fields and is looking down upon the churning blue waters. The air starts to become colder and the wind more biting. She squints her eyes, tucking her legs in.

Soon the sight of snow greets her, and she is on the ground quickly. She shivers slightly, pulling in her wings as her eyes gaze at the landscape. Then Irrydae sees it. Horses in the distance. She swings her body and trots over, head held high as she gazes at the horses. She has to fight to keep her face straight as she see's the stocky, black and white figure. It was The God of the Spark. Again. She keeps her face straight, though a slight ring of excitement is shown in her eyes. There are many already gathered. As usual. She recognizes one and goes to stand next to the antlered mare. "Arah, it's nice to see you." Irrydae says slightly as she presses her muzzle lightly to her neck in friendship. Even though she had only met her once. She then turns her focus to the Time God. "Hello, Spark." The star mare says with a small dip of her head, a smile on her face even though he would probably just scowl at that. Most are standing at a distance, Irrydae one of the closest, her figure relaxed and respectful to the God in front of her.

"Speak"
As deep as a bite, as dark as the night,
As sweet as a song, as right as a wrong.
[Image: wu5k41.png]
please tag irry in every post! magic & aggression allowed w/o death

God of the Spark Posts: 111
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15.3hh :: Ageless
Admin

Congratulations Scarter!

First of all, I made a list of character's names. One name was put into the list for the post on this thread. One additional name was put in for each rejection (after checking them all for legitimacy).

I put all the names into this list randomizer that they would all get scrambled. This way, none of the numbers depend on who posts at which time and multiple names are not squished together.

[Image: drop_6_by_infinitum_est-d66jv2a.png]

They were like gnats; swarming and annoying him. Was this what it was to be mortal? Did they simply...run up to each other all the time, forcing who ever they encounter to have a conversation with them? Did he look like he wanted to speak with any of them? No?! So why should they impose their presence onto him? It is amusing though, how each greets him so differently : First there is the young babe, so far from her sunny home, trying to appear brave. Next to join her is a unicorn, asking if he is well. What does that matter?. Easily the God sees through this charade; the unicorn fails to catch his attention with his paltry attempt at being polite and inquiring of his well-being. You clumsy gnat. He thinks, entirely ignoring the both of them. Next is a mare, who remains silent. Is she trying to appear un-intimidated? Polite? Respectful? Booorrrinnngg. Ah Elizabeth, turning to the Corporal, he snorted in greeting, but said nothing. Although she was of the Basin, he still would not dignify her comment with a response. Did he lose himself in the time streams? As if she even knew the implications of what that would look like. Arah. Another of the Basin...She's easier on the eyes than Elizabeth anyways. That's a start. He thought with amusement, exhaling softly. "You haven't met me." He retorted sarcastically. "You're just standing there."

But then...things got a little more interesting.

As the dark mare strode towards, her gaze easily betraying the way she judged the group, the God couldn't help but chuckle as she addressed him. "Why of course I am." He replied evenly, his dark gaze falling upon her, reading the etchings of her intent written in her mind. A cruel smile pursed his dark lips, as he wound his way into her deepest thoughts and desires. So she wanted magic did she? Very well.

Wings of crackling effervescent lighting suddenly appeared from his back, growing and frothy with electricity until a dome appeared around himself and Scarter. A tearing sound could be heard, as time and space parted to let the God and his chosen companion through. "So you wish to move from space to space, without first traversing the time it would take to get there? Very well, I shall grant this for you. Before I do however, you must give me something. You must give me your time. You must walk the entire length of Helovia, touching each region and herdland - you shall end your journey here, in this desolate ice field."

Their bodies fade from view, as the God moves their two bodies through the time stream, and into the Vein of the Gods. Roughly, he shoves her dark body from the waters of the time-world, and onto the rocky precipice of the Veins, before disappearing in a crackle of electricity and lightning.

[Scarter must post in each region and herdland of Helovia. There are three things to note: 1) The threads must be in consecutive order. Breaking this order, constitutes failing the quest. 2)The threads must be in the natural order that one would walk over Helovia (i.e. lands must touch). 3) Threads must be finished in each area, before moving onto the next) ]