the Rift

[OPEN] Is that you? [Adrixaura]

Faelon Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Faelon walked lands that he had never tread foot on. What was this foreign place with rocky hills, and rugged terrain. The white boy didn't fit in, standing out like a white splotch of paint on a black canvas. He knew the Foothills herd lived here, and a little bit more afraid that it was conquered by the notorious group known as "The Grey". The lad was brave, but at all times he wanted to avoid bloodshed. The thing that grossed him out most was killing others for no reason.

Where he used to live before, his fighting skills were renowned, but he only used them for the purpose of good. Now, he didn't want to battle, even for his own safety. But something brought him here, as if someone was pleading to free them from imprisonment. He wasn't sure, and slightly wary that he might be walking into a trap, all because of his subconscious. But he felt a calling, like someone was summoning him here.

In all cases he didn't know, and feared an attack by other horses because he was a unicorn. Would they think he was a trespasser from the Basin? Hopefully not. Faelon did want to join them, but he has realized that they were racist and did not accept other kinds of horses, so the stallion was bent on abandoning the idea of joining the Basin. A soft breeze blew past him, ruffling up his golden mane slightly, and he gave a faint smile. Did he come here in vain? He didn't know.

Knox Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 7.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17hh :: 7 Years [Tallsun] HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Jen

The Commander's once pure white coat is splattered with red. Manhattan, starved, tears hungrily and greedily at the poor, young fox, which her master has blinded and killed. Curious for the taste, the lawful ancestor curves his neck down to the earth. His flaring nostrils take in fresh scents of death and blow away particles of dust as he edges closer. His silken mane falls over his eyes, tenting his vision and leaving the day around him filtered through the curtain of his hair. His lips find purchase, and his teeth grind against the meet naturally, as if it was something they were always intended to do. Manhattan growls and tears at the flesh, coating herself and her master, who stands uncomfortably tall in his eldest form, in fresh spurts of hot blood.

The taste of the meat slides down Cem's throat easily, satisfying Knox's hunger and fulfilling the first's curiosity. Still, as the pair enjoy their meal, they are alert. Manhattan jerks upwards suddenly, and the playful growl that accompanied her game of the meal now turns darker. Her bark signals the coming of an intruder, and Knox understands in an instant that he must act. Slowly and deliberately, the hunter bends the body of the first to obey, and Cem falls softly to his aging knees. Knox instructs his bonded swiftly and with clarity, so that, begrudging as she is to give up her prize, Manhattan drags the bleeding fox to lay across Cem's broad and powerful back. Its torn open stomach and chest spill out onto the ground and spread messily across Cem's broad form, staining him further with deep red and the faint black lines of entrails.

Knox walks forth, following Manhattan as she creates a trail from the scraps of scent. Bloody pawprints mix with the dirt to create thick, black marks in her wake. From its place upon Cem's back, the fox watches with lifeless eyes wide open as it is torn from its final resting place; from it's spit-coated lips, a trail of blood marks the path of a killer.

He arrives before the intruder with a stoic expression painted upon his finely carved face; the depths of his cold are found in the fading blue of his icy eyes, locked beneath the tight, fresh leather of an ancient bridle of the old country. Manhattan stands proud at his side, her blue eyes and poison-dripping jaws glinting in forest light. At her feet, faint mists of illusion threaten to conjure the greatest fear of the poor soul that has come to stand so small before of the mighty pair. The dark, warning words of the hunter rumble in Cem's throat and then strike the open air. "You'd best be leaving."

Whether it be the corpse lain across his back or the magic dancing threateningly at his companion's feet, the message is clear: This is his first and final warning.

KNOX and MANHATTAN

Image by Elope

Adrixaura Posts: N/A
Unregistered

A d r i x a u r a
hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die,
then life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.
The birth was only drawing closer and closer. Every night she would stare upwards and beg a fellow Assassin, or some odd and off character to come about and rescue her and her child. Her time in the Foothills was killing her, and the child had given her the fight to make its mother more called. After the experience with Knox, she at all costs was going after revenge. Though now, things seemed to have changed as she wandered between the trees. A rare moment where the mare had time to herself, to relax and keep calm? Yes, but something else. A scent had come back to her, one she knew from during her experiences in this place. And then damned Knox's scent. It was only how the colt smelled that revolted her so strongly. The flame ripped upwards, and not having the luxury of moving quickly now, her pace was slow as she went up an incline towards the source.
It struck her harder, and she recoiled as the smell of blood came through. She hadn't smelt it since, since well, the incident with Nephilia, Onsoun's daughter. There isn't much to say when you remember your half-sister ripping the face off of the stallion who raised you because she didn't get enough attention. Why Knox had this scent, it only fueled hatred for him. As she burst through the trees, the sight of Faelon was enough to make her feel the black flame inside her chest spark dead.
"Faelon, you lost piece of unicorn stereo-type, why in the name of the Moon are you here?!" She attempts to make herself look like she isn't happy to see the stallion who greeted her in the Threshold, though secretly it is nice to see a good soul she is familiar with around. Her pale blue eyes dart towards Knox, seeing the bloodly fox on his back. Again, he has a different form, and he has yet to ever come across the action of pleasing the night-sky mare. Even in the last days of pregnancy, she is still as beautiful as ever. "Oh, excuse me, I didn't know we'd have the little boy who plays games with his mutt around. Tell me Knox, have you found anything good enough to please a beauty like myself, or is your disgusting presence only gotten more rotten? Seems like it smells like death."
It takes her strength not to disappear. If they knew what made her stomach churn, images of losing her sire twirled about in her head. Blood, blood. The red colour it took on and how it held a shine to it like a mirror. Already her stomach is sickening, and she steps away from Knox to ignore the sight of slain creature. It can only remind her of losing Onsoun and Myrsk, though Myrsk collapsed after he used to let the mare carry him during their journey. Fury is set towards Knox for having his companion still there. And yet in her annoyance does her child take the job her companion always had. Keeping her in tact.
Simply just a kick within her stomach, the pain only seemed to become more instense this far. She moves towards Faelon, ignoring Knox as much as she can. Now is the time to see someone she might enjoy later on in the past. If Ignita was there, maybe it'd be some type of unwanted reunion, and it could work to her advantage to gain up on Knox. Though here, odds were never in her favour. Even if she had Faelon, with her captor near by, anger was going to be a weapon if a child cannot stop the onslaught.

image credits
table by whit

Unregistered
The day continued to be bright as Faelon walked along. The sun shone down on him, beating down on his back, though the weather was getting colder each day. Snow was on the way, threatening to fall out of the sky with each passing storm. Threatening footsteps sounded behind Faelon as he continued on his passage through the place. He turned around to see a dangerous looking male, with an ancient leather bridle fastened on his face. His pelt was white but stained with crimson, and though his eyes were almost a pleasant icy blue, they seemed dark with messages. 'Stay out of here', they seemed to say. As Faelon looked on there was a mutilated animal on his back, its eyes wide opened in its mouth agape. A poor little fox ripped open with blood seeping down on the brute's pelt. It is the blood in blotches all over the males back. Faelon suddenly felt afraid, almost trembling. Faelon had no fear written in his gaze, but what horse would kill such an animal? The whole situation seemed tense though no words were spoken yet. "I guess I'll be getting out of here then, but take this to mind I never trespassed", the white stallion said. It was all truth, for he hadn't wronged any horse in any way. Looking down ominously at his dog companion, he noticed magic dancing around her. The stallion stood still, not wanting to conjure any bad thoughts.

All of a sudden, a new set of hoof beats hit his ears and he turned to see a familiar face. Adrixaura! The lady who wouldn't keep her mouth shut, filled with poison. As she spoke to him, he could sense a little hint of joy at seeing him, and he gave a half hearted grin, bowing his head slightly. "Merry meet Miss Adrixaura", Faelon respecfully said. "Look what the cat dragged in. I would be asking the same thing about you", he joked when she questioned his presence. "I felt like taking a stroll around", the stallion said flicking his tail. The white lad noticed something different about the feisty mare.

Her stomach was bulging beneath her, round with...pregnancy? How on Earth had the spiced mare gotten pregnant? "Well, well. Some one has been naughty. Are you pregnant?" Faelon said almost shyly again, wondering who the father was, but still keeping silent. Faelon started pondering again. Wasn't the mare going to head off with the Assassin's leader, Ignita? Curiousity took hold of the usually quiet stallion, and he started to question. "So Adrixaura, I swore that you were going to join Ignita? What happened to that?" He paused and continued. "Is the Foothills your new home?" He questioned waiting for an answer expectantly.

Kumal Posts: 18
Banned
Stallion :: Other :: 3 feet :: 7
Roo

DIMENSIONS
THE DEATH OF DREAMS SING HALLELUJAH IN MY NAME

I had heard of the prisoners, and I had come to get them. I wasn't going to waste my time in the wings of the Assassins, no way. I was going to make my name here but if this wasn't what it all turned out the be, then it was my claws that were going to be at the neck of the Assassins, every single one of them. I could only pray for them that it didn't come to them. I had been informed of who they were, and where they were. I had trusted my instincts and skills to take me to the right place and, by the looks of things, they had. This was the Foothills, right?

The day was different to no other. Just a pain, simple OrangeMoon day but one that blood could easily be shed upon the withering grass. The growing smell of meat tempted me closer, maybe if there was a foal playing, I could have an evening mean but somehow I could sense this was no foal but infact I was nearing something else. The air was tense around, tight and daring. I padded silently along, my eyes shadowed by a crossed brow. I came along side a rock that raised up. I could hear voices from behind it. There was three. Two stallions, one mare. I silently make my way up the rock, appearing to the three.

My stance was strong. Head raised high and top body raised slightly. My claws reflected dangerously in the light, my jaw unhinging for long fangs to wield in the light. A snarl escapes. This was the girl who had been stolen, the blue one. Near her, a kind, meek looking stallion with a horn from his head. The other stallion, a brute and a half but really nothing compared to me. My snarl had only been a warning. I ignored what else had been said, knowing why I was here."You would be best to let her go." I snarl, the warning in my voice that only an idiot could miss. I look towards the girl. "Come." I was unsure of who the meek guy was, nor did I care. I came here for one reason, and one reason only.

"Hear Me ROAR!"

OOC: I hope you don't mind Kumal joining in!:)

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali
Ktulu
the Constrictor
ideas are the bombs in your mind, a fissure in time
if you don't have a weapon you can't have mine

"Tell me boy." Ktulu said, her voice roughened with quiet rage. "Why are you on my land if you have not trespassed?" She demanded, crimson eyes flashing maliciously as she looked upon the pale stallion. She had been at a distance when she had seen his pale form upon her borders. The prisoner that had come to meet him followed by Knox had spurred her into motion and she had come just in time to hear the pale ones stupidity. "Do you often let whatever bile forms in your head spill from your lips without a second thought?" Her side brushed against Knox's as she came to stand between her warrior and the group that had shown up to rescue the damsel in distress.

They even brought a tiger with them, how cute.

Eytan's low rumbling growl resonated as he stalked forward, looking all the threat he was with flashing teeth and sharply curved claws that would easily part flesh and lay open muscle to the elements. The tiger spoke and Ktulu's attention snapped in his direction, her lip curling in a snarl-like fashion of it's own. "You would be best to shut your mouth." The Chieftess shot back, ears slicked back against her head. "You've got one of two choices to make. You leave of your own free will or we drag your limp, lifeless bodies to the border and leave them there for the rest of your group to find."

Ktulu laughed mirthlessly as she then glanced at Knox's prisoner. "And don't think I'm not beyond killing prisoners to prove a point." Why was it that the trespassers always brought out the worst in her? It was then that she looked at Faelon. "Leave." She hissed, leaving no question that there would be no negotiating.

It never had been her strong point. She'd always been more of the fight first and ask questions later type of girl.

Image Credits

Icon by Tay

Locket Posts: 74
Up For Adoption atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Teppei :: Giant Panda :: Stormcall Adoptable

Locket had followed his master when he heard the commotion and the scents of strangers, dutifully following her white splashed heels whilst looking at Eytan with a look of extreme frustration. The bear was important for some reason, but Locket couldn't remember for what exact reason and silently cursed his idle mind that often forgot even the most important of things. Maybe he was overlooking something. Shaking his head in exasperation, he continued onwards and lost in thought until Ktulu's voice snapped him back to the present. Falling to a halt beside her black form, he glazed his eyes over their company. He noticed the stallion from his own herd first, the purest of white stained in crimson and adorned in a tan bridle. Locket eyed the brute with curiosity and smiled at the dog, he liked dogs. His gaze hardened then and he stood at Ktulu's side with a stony face as she delivered her delightfully angered words. What really baffled the panda boy, however, was the fact there was a tiger present. Why was a tiger here? Locket couldn't remember the last time he'd seen a tiger and he was rather impressed by the way his Chieftess dismissed her predator and condemned him to death if he did not shift his feline hide.

Stone cold, he turned lastly to the male white unicorn and let his green eyes bore into his before leaning a little towards Ktulu and half smiling. "Let me know if or when you want them dead, master" he said in his roguish voice laced with dark tones. Locket glanced at the bear once more and the memory struck him, a place among the heavens and a God who sent him to quest. White accented eyes widened and quite out of the blue a grand smile plastered itself on his face. "A bear that's brown! I have found one father Earth!" Exuberantly excited with his new discovery of Eytan, he turned back to the others and coughed in embarrassment of his seeming random outburst, begging them not to think him a complete lunatic.

Taking in a deep breath, Locket stepped forward and contorted his face to one that meant business. "Do as my master commands" he barks, lowering his horn slightly and pawing at the earth. He was almost too eager to charge them down, just one word from Ktulu would set him free of all chains.

And I took you by the hand
And we stood tall,
And remembered our own land,
What we lived for.
dctim1.flickr

Locket talk :: L = R

Unregistered
As the three of the horses stood there; Adrixaura, Faelon, and the white brute, three new others joined in, though one of them was a feline. A tiger. Faelon, scared stepped back. The cat seemed to be furious, radiating rage, slitting his eyes. The beast growled his speech towards the brute, and then parting his jaws wide, revealing jagged sharp teeth, and letting out an ear splitting roar. Faelon defensively bowed his head down, aiming the horn towards the tiger, but he somehow knew the cat wouldn't do any harm to them. "Sir, I truly intend no harm, but I know the lady does not wish to be bound to this place anymore", the stallion said getting defensive of his...friend.

Glancing to the side, he saw another approach. A female unicorn, dark brown with golden markings on her shoulder approached with a hostile look and voice. "I am sorry m'am, but I believed the border is right here", Faelon said, lowering his head and touching the place where he supposed the border was with the tip of his horn. "If I am mistaken, I am sorry, but I have come by to help my friend, Adrixaura", Faelon said. More like an acquaintance truly, but the stallion would never miss the chance to help someone in need. "I do not want to fight. I understand I'm on your land, but I believe we might come to a negotiation. We want Adrixaura back", the stallion said with a hint of a threat in his voice. He had no part with the Assassins, and he was considering joining the Basin, but he was going to stand up for what he thought was right.

All of a sudden, another voice appeared. A reddish bay stallion appeared, with a grin of malice on his face. Dead? Would they really go that far? Faelon turned to face him with a stony look. There was no more nice guy in the stallion, and his patience was being used up, contrary to his normal personality. Now all he had to do was await what they would say.
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Ophelia had been watching beneath the cloak of invisibility at the drama unfolding on her borders. Her eyes were cold and unfeeling, and her heart barely flinched at the cries from both sides. Was this a side effect of being abandoned and used by the gods? Was this a symptom of being a puppet? Utter unfeeling? Rage that ran like ice through her veins? She approached slowly, cloven hooves stepping softly on grass she knew all too well. Once she was close enough into the fray, her side nearly brushing her sister's, Ophelia chose to make herself seen. In a swirl of white and crimson, she became solid.

Nothing with life or brilliance shone through her eyes; they were dead, cold and dark. She stared at the three who came to their borders, demanding things hey had no right to demand. In every way they were trespassers, blundering through the Foothills like children chasing after butterflies, but wolves waited on the other side.

"You come leaderless to a land you have never been before and tell us where our borders rest?" Ophelia asked, though the question was rhetorical. "All of you are lost, wandering through life with a misguided purpose. Fools. Your leader sits in captivity in the very land she planned to take over with her tiny force, and I have just released another in good faith."

Ophelia's eyes burned angrily. "Do not make me regret this decision..." she growled. Do not make my destroy you, because I will. Nothing will be left of your cause but scattered hopes and bruised bones. "Not until we have a sign that you and your assassins pose no threat will the Foothills release our collateral. So go. And do not cross us. You will regret it." Ophelia promised.

Her silver dragon flew down a moment later, the royal nearly full size now. He opened his jaws, frost and lightning sparking from between large, curved fangs. "Now go."

[ooc: just a note that unless you are in a herd, making a private thread in that herd doesnt work :/ ]

COME TO ME
we run away forever from this misery

tangled-stock | Salsola stock

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Unregistered
Not soon after, another horse, unicorn joined the party.
The mare looked unfeeling, with no emotion in her eyes, as she brushed by Ktulu, the leader of the group. Knowing that he might have gone to far, he took a step back, swearing that he was at the border of the foothills, technically not on their land. As she spoke, he stood in utter silence. The rage was present in her voice, as she spoke deep with anger. Mistaken, she supposed Faelon was part of the Assassins, but none of that was true. As a pacifist, he refused to join a group with that sort of name. Killing was not his nature, nor fighting though he was excelled in it. Replying nonchalantly to her remark, Faelon looked her in the eyes, not in a challenging way, but more of respect.

"I am acquaintance with some of the horses in this Assassins group, but in no way am I part of it", he said. "My friend Adrixaura has asked for my help, and I could not turn down that plea", he spoke seriously staring at Ophelia. "Although I take no part in their group, surely they are not just a bunch of misguided fools. They are searching for a place in their life, and surely they are misunderstood", spoken in calm defense for his friend. "I am sorry, I wish to leave, I do not like the idea that I am trespassing on your land, but I will not go without Adrixaura", Faelon said. "I am not freeing her for the will of the Assassins, I am freeing her for her own liberty", he stated.

Bowing his head in respect to these horses, sorry that he was on their territory, but not moving a single pace, for he said he wouldn't leave without the girl, and he meant every word of it.

Alex the Godspeaker Posts: 11
Master of Mysticism
Mare :: Other :: Very short :: --
Alex
[[Given that at this point in time the Challenge is occurring, it sort of messes up the Timeline for Faelon to be posting here, since he is fighting. All other posts in this thread are taking place while Faelon and Knox fight in the middle of it all.]]

Kumal Posts: 18
Banned
Stallion :: Other :: 3 feet :: 7
Roo

DIMENSIONS
THE DEATH OF DREAMS SING HALLELUJAH IN MY NAME

My stance was strong, unforgiving, powerful. I had guessed by now that I was probably the only big cat in Helovia and I would use that, portraying myself as a ferocious beast which was what I was and no one could deny that. However the grey stallion was nothing like me. He seemed to be more on the thinking, humbled side of life, not a fighter or killer at all but yet a fight had broken out. Great, now it depended on this stallion to fight in our corner and not make a fool out of us.

A grey mare came round now, anger in her eyes. My slitted eyes turned to burn though her skin, wishing that I had some magic to burn her heart. She came to the side of the dark mare with the golden marking, close to the panda like boy. Panda. I knew of them, and I liked them. There fat flesh was filling, taste and juicy. I listen to her words, a small growl rumbling in the pit of my stomach at her words. They were fair enough but I refused to leave here without the girl.

Looking towards the fight, I sit down on the rock, shuffling around to make myself comfortable. There was no way I was going to miss this fight and there was no way I was leaving without the girl. Looking back towards the white girl I say, "Trespassers we might be. Kidnappers you are." There was no mistaking the anger, the fury in my voice. "I am surprised you let the leader go, but not a follower." I continue in a half surprised tone but I really didn't care. I had been with Tonka, there leader, since he was released and the question was playing at the back of my mind.

"Hear Me ROAR!"

OOC: I hope you don't mind Kumal joining in!:)