the Rift

[DROP] Quest Drop #7 Dark | Wind

God of the Moon Posts: 236
Helovian Ancient
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.2hh :: Ageless
Admin

Step One :: Signing Up!
- You will respond to this drop in character, responding as if every character who shows up is also present
- This will operate sort of like a meeting with back and forth between the God of the Moon and your characters
-**NOTE** Remember that when you post here, that you provide links to the times your character has been refused in the veins, as well as what you are questing for.
- Your character has 72 hours to respond to this thread properly
- You must have the quest-related on your wishlist for 1 month.

Step Two :: The Decision
- God of the Moon will then choose 1-2 characters to take under her wing and give them quests for whatever they choose (Options listed below)
- When the decisions are posted, so will be the rubric.
- You character's name will be put into a "pot" of names 1 additional time for each previous refusal from a drop or a quest
- All numbers, tables and functions will be screenshots for transparency and understanding

The Quest :: Dark or Wind based magic/upgrade, normal companion, marking/appearance alteration, or item (Either related to the God or without any affiliation)
- Winner/s will then continue forward either on a new thread or the tail end of this thread where their desires are stated and the questing begins
- The quests will be traditionally like the veins quests

Praise

Ever since her siblings had abandoned the veins, to seek refuge from the constant barrage of demands and questions, she had noticed a decided decline in the consistency of her worshipers. Just because the God's had left them, did not mean that they should abandon their Gods. Why, in some lands, the God's didn't even associate with mortals at all. They should consider themselves lucky, she thought, as she stepped out from a curtain of moonlight; appearing as though her body had been hidden away in the dark spaces, revealed only by the moons soft glow. Delicately, she stood a'top the rocky ruins, looking down at her shrine. Once upon a time, not so long ago, she never found it barren, as it was now. There had been flowers, and trinkets - even amulets sometimes - that her followers would leave for her. And now, it was merely covered with ruble and ash.

Her leonine-tail flicked dismissively, as her ghostly gaze surveyed the darkness. The last time she had visited the mortals, she had simply popped up, and she found the feeling so...so common. She knew her brother Earth liked to walk amongst them, enjoying the feeling of being with them, but she did not. No, appearing here, in the Veins, where some mystery and mysticism still flowed, was where she belonged. Shadowy lavender wings hugged the lithe curves of her flanks, as a sudden flare of wind violently erupted from behind her - flowing forward with a mixture of star-dust in its wake. Halo'd eyes smiled cruely as her silver mane was tossed forward with the force of the impromptu-gale, catching and retaining bits of starlight left behind. The wind whipped forward, creating a path of glowing bits of light, leading to the Goddess, who stood tall and immaculately silhouetted against the moon.

OOC FAQ
1. You cannot get a mythical companion quest from this drop
2. Do not post unless your request is relative to the God of the Moon and has been in the Wishlist database for at least one month.

Tiamat the Ocean's Light Posts: 360
Aurora Basin Lady atk: 8 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Nimue :: Common Orca Leviathan :: Boil Reli

She finds herself alone this evening when light suddenly appears before her. The trail reminds her of her sisters come to earth; at first she pauses at the appearance, thinking it a trick. "Very funny," she says aloud with an upward glance at the sky. She steps forward into the path of light, expecting it to scatter and fade, but is surprised when the starlit road instead pulls her inward. "What...?" Her voice rises in a questioning tone, and with a furrowing brow she scans the surroundings for a source. She feels then, finding no clear source, as though she must follow it, and very quickly, without even realizing, she is. The trail carries her from her resting place by her brother's shore in the thistle meadow at a rapidly increasing speed. Without even realizing it, her walk turns to a brisk trot and then a gallop at full tilt. Her leonine tail whips behind her and slices the evening air that lifts her mane and rushes across her chest.

In these moments, she feels free. Her mother's gentle gaze above and the growing sound of her father's waves against a distant and rocky shore remind her that wherever she is, she is home.

But there is something about the bridge of land that stretches over the unfamiliar expanses of blue lava that gives her pause. Her sharply cleft hooves paw at the stone earth, and her white eyes widen with awe. This is a strange and beautiful corner of the land, one she's yet to venture to. Silence seems to fall across her mind like a wave over the shore, and as she straightens her figure, a somber sense of responsibility becomes her. She follows the last remaining section of the trail of light, bracing herself against the wind as it grows stronger, until at last she reaches the highest point of the veins.

She stands almost alone before a set of shrines. And then, behind their long shadows, there is a supreme being she cannot describe or understand. Without thinking, not meaning to pledge allegiance of any sort, simply hoping to show respect, she lowers her head in a bow.

4/18/13 :: [Magic: EarthxWind | The ability to draw moisture from the clouds and sky to create up to three small or one large floating pockets of water that she can move at will.]

img © Malene Thyssen
please tag Tia in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.

Casimir Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Casimir
The Veins of the Gods was a place that the white draft had never been. This was the closest he had been to the Heart of Helovia since the night of his Mother and Brother's death several days ago. But what drew him close without a second thought was the presence of the Night Mistress. She was there, standing tall and proud as she should. He had met her once before too, and he wondered if she would like a greeting. Either or, he would give her one. The stars seemed to shine brighter, giving the path to the Star Giver a shine that the almost blind youngling could follow. No matter what the Gods thought of them, he would always enjoy the Gods. Father Earth was his favorite, but he had not spent enough time with any of the others to say that he liked or disliked them. They seemed very kind, even if a little imitating, but perhaps that was just Casimir being himself.

He stepped forward, his black hooves sinking into the soft hot ground before him. There is another follower, a mare of blue. He is surprised to see a completely blue being, but he dismisses her for the moment. The lavender goddess in front of her is his goal. Even if she is an unnatural color, she is still a being of the divine, and to be treated as such. He follows her lead, bowing his head slightly and bending to one knee as he steps before her. He takes his time getting up, and looks into the eyes of the moonlit goddess.

"It is a beautiful evening Moon Mistress, and you have made it so. It is a pleasure to see you again."

OCC: [Magic: EarthxDark | The ability to link the physical body with someone else's, forming a bond of the mind and body.]

Drops Participated in:

Quest Drop #2

Quest Drop #3

Feeling L U C K Y ?

Quest Drop #5

Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
Mauja Frosthjärta
( this post is going to be extremely vague due to circumstances. )

A night out of the ordinary, a road his hooves had not traveled in so long. Black-rimmed ears flicked worriedly, afraid of what they might catch, nostrils flexing and drawing in air, searching for familiar scents. His eyes were aided in their search by Irma's, her form lit by gentle moonlight, keen gaze piercing the night.

He did not want to meet anyone. Least of all someone he knew.
But with his reputation, it was hard to tell if a stranger would know his face.

Damn it all.

Mauja drew to a halt at the edge of the mainland, the blue, solid lava of the Veins just in front of his frosted hooves. Orangemoon air ruffled his mane, and his gaze rested upon the rock formations just barely visible against the dark sky. His soul had mostly broken up with the gods — anger at the Sun's childish tantrums, a feeling of hurt and vindictiveness at the Moon's games, and.. Asní... he wouldn't even get started on him. Instead, he just flattened his ears, and prepared to turn away when the world shifted. A figure rippled into sight, and air flared out in a powerful gust, twirling white locks in front of his face and buffeting Irma. So, one of those celestial beings was here tonight, and he couldn't exactly say it improved his mood.

And the strangers streamed in, drawn like bears to honey. A blue girl ran onto the path, as if she couldn't wait to get her life tangled up with the Gods, followed by a pale creature. Mauja watched them with silent judgment, not budging from his position, off the beaten path — fools, rushing to their demise with open arms. Nothing good could come of mingling with those who wielded too much power, and he let his gaze fall from her moonlit shape. He doubted she wanted anything to do with him, anyway. After all, he'd broken his faith. Sighing Mauja lowered his head and began to walk, following the blue rocks as they met the shore, intending to follow the edge between elements. If anything he could pick up the broken pieces of some unfortunate soul she'd shatter with her ways, but even so, should he reach the ruined shrines unhindered he'd hang back in the shadows, unwilling to mingle, and desperate to remain unacknowledged.

Curiosity would be the death of him.

----
Denied here.
3/30/13 :: [Magic: DarkxLight | Ability to slash a victim at a distance using his horn.]

EDIT: I thought the Basin Herd Champs was for April..? :/ We've got some stealth reversal this month.
seven days to the poison
and a place in heaven
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Talianna Posts: N/A
Unregistered
Be it flood or be it fire
I will come in times most dire

It is with my golden crown raised high in the air that I first rest my gaze on the star-strewn path, the gentle wind lifting mane and feathers alike as it rushes to get past my dozing form. It is a miracle that the subtle sound of nature's breath was able to waken me at all, but I thank the heavens that this wind -- intentional or not -- had sounded when it did. I would not have been able to respond to my maiden's call and be on my way to see her if it had not been for that.

The soft murmur of voices drifts towards my ears as I near this sacred place, and my hooves cause billows of old, dried herbs and flowers to stir as they emit a resonating clack with each step that I take. As I become ever closer to the source of the shining trail of stars, I begin to notice the sluggish streaks of lava that run through and over the rough stone floor that I am standing on. Fear does not grip me in its harsh talons when I feel the warmth that one stream gives off; instead I feel awe and a sense of wonder for the volcanic land surrounding me. If it is the red lava that causes harm to the living, then perhaps it is this blue fluid that can be used to heal?

But, as one would imagine, my curiosity for the foreign substance is no match for the elation that I experience when my bi-colored gaze takes hold of the winged deity standing atop her throne. My legs, aching with fatigue from my journey to the Throat, are now renewed and fresh with energy at the sight of this Goddess; the worry that had begun to wrinkle my brow has now been ironed and pressed, all my doubts washed away like the magma seeping past her shining form. Now I know for certain that the pull that had brought me to this land had not been a figment of my imagination, and this stunning figurine is proof.

I have become speechless in my silent awe of the lavender mare, and my eyes are only able to bore into hers. It is not in my nature to remain ignorant in the presence of others, but I am only able to acknowledge the Goddess in my current state.

With a deep bow of my gently sloped head, I manage to say in my heavily-accented tongue, "Greetings, Mistress of Moon. I am sorry for my lack of humility. I am most honored to have finally met with a God of these lands; it is mi gana, my desire, to fulfill the wishes of you and your brothers, but I have been unable to since my entrance into 'elovia. Forgive me, Diosa"

Now silent with the open admittance of my confession, I keep my head bowed low to ground, feeling the heat that is radiating off of the surface, awaiting my Lady's judgement.

Walk walk walk.

"Talk talk talk".
{OOC: Diosa = Goddess; Grandfathered :: [Companion: Tiger | Restore]}

Image Credits

Elizabeth Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Elizabeth
the fallen

It would seem that she was not the only Basin member out and about this night. Though she was further than home than she would liked to be, she could not resist the Goddess' call. She had never seen a path of starlight before, and she knew it must be the work of one of them. She knew of the Moon Goddess and of course the Basin's patron God of the Spark, but she doubted he would leave such an elaborate set up to where he was. She was in the Steppe when she was first lead onto the path, and she moved quickly, her black hooves sinking into white snow, then moving from solid ground to gravel and soft soil. Where was it she was being led? She wasn't familiar with the Veins of the Gods, never coming to ask something of them. This was a first to her. When she arrived, there were already a few others gathered, and the goddess was there, standing on her shrine.

She looked at it, and it was burned and broken, quite ugly looking than the mare that stood before them all. The others shrines were all disfigured, and her own god's was half way in the ocean. She was slightly startled by the appearance of these shrines, but she continued, making her way to the crowd that had gathered by the moonlit figure. She didn't feel uncomfortable, but there was one equine. She turned distastefully from her, and moved next to the Frostheart. She gave him a nod and sly smile, though he looked quite upset. She wondered what was bothering him, but she would ask him some other time. She looked at the Goddess as the others except for the Frostheart and a blue mare addressed her as "Moon Mistress" and "Mistress of Moon". Quite similar, but they each hold their voices in respect to the mare. She says nothing, simply looking around. She looks up at the Goddess, staring at her with simple curiosity. It is the first time she has seen a hybrid figure of a deity, and surly it wouldn't be the last.

OCC: [Magic: Dark | Able to turn into shadow]

"blah blah blah."

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

Down in a hole and I don't know if I can be saved
See my heart I decorate it like a grave
Well you don't understand who they
Thought I was supposed to be
Look at me now I'm a man
Who won't let himself be

It had been far too long since Mesec had seen his mother with his own eyes. In fact, aside from the first tender month or so of his life, he'd only ever seen her once, and it hadn't been for more than a minute or two while she granted his father the magic he sought. He'd hoped that their short reunion would spark a sort of interest in his mother; maybe she would visit him more often, he had once thought, but that had quickly turned out not to be true. The fact that she had not even come at the most trying time of his young life had been upsetting, a painful realization that maybe she simply was too busy to lend him any alone time with her. She was his mother, after all, and d'Artagnan certainly was too busy wandering and caring for his younger siblings to give him much attention... He deserved it, did he not?

But no matter how much these facts brought the yearling down, he tried to keep his head held up high. Things had changed drastically for him as of late in the form of a new home, and thus, a new family. While he would never look at her the same way he looked to the Moon, Mesec looked up to Ophelia as a mother figure. She was his constant source of reassurance that he wasn't a freak, and that he was loved despite his rough upbringing in the Basin. He'd been so close to tearing his wings from his very back just so that he might fit in with the rest of his family, but thankfully, she had shown him that it was alright to be different. He was unique, and that was just fine.

Early in the day, Mesec had set out towards the Veins of the Gods. There had been nothing particularly exciting happening in the Foothills, and his feet had grown restless in the past several days. The journey was a long one, and he didn't even grow close to it until night had settled in and the moon had taken over the sky. Pausing in his step, Mesec rose his silver, glowing gaze to the dark sky, a gentle smile pulling at his lips. As the light cast down across the lands, it caressed his hide, causing his sides and the tips of his wings to glow softly. He'd long since grown used to the phenomena, so thought nothing of it as it radiated onto his most immediate surroundings.

As he readied himself to continue, something caught Mesec's eye, and almost immediately a joy filtered into his chest. Stepping closer, the colt lowered his head to what he'd seen; it was a white, twisting flower, with the most brilliant shade of violet tinging the edges of the petals. It glowed beautifully in the moonlight, and he wondered idly, would his mother appreciate it the same that he did? As careful as possible, Mesec pulled the flower up by the stem, and only then did he continue on his merry way.

Passing into the land of the Gods, Mesec was surprised to find that he wasn't alone. Already there was one, two... five others present, but what had inspired their arrival? Mesec wasn't a vain creature, but he'd been looking forward to spending his time here alone, with nothing but his mother's shrine in front of him, or perhaps even her herself. With a rough exhale, the yearling pressed on, but it didn't take long for him to realize just who they were all standing before. It was the figure of his violet mother, her horn held high and wings held to her sides. The wind was strong behind her, whipping her silver mane and the tresses of her tail along with it.

"Mother!" He called out, the word somewhat muffled by the flower still held between his teeth. Picking his feet up into a trot, he yearned to close the distance between himself and his mother, taking only a moment to eye the others that were present. It was interesting that only one was without a horn upon their head, but obviously, Mesec could care less that he lacked one. He did, however, grant the spotted Bane a double-take. What was he doing here? What were Mauja's views on him now that he had left the snowy home of the Basin? Before the thought could grow into much of anything else, Mesec snapped his gaze away from the monochrome male and back to his mother, drawing to a stop just feet before her.

"I missed you," he said as he outstretched his muzzle to her, gingerly offering the delicate flower. His silver eyes, while lacking of a pupil, spoke leagues of his happiness to see her again. "I thought you might like it."

[Magic: DarkxEarth | The ability to engineer synthetic elements that can act as various analgesics, medications, or toxins, and then hide them though various creations of plants that is either poisonous or helpful.]

please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Helovian Ancient
Admin

Congratulations Mesec!

First of all, I made a list of character's names. One name was put into the list for the post on this thread. One additional name was put in for each rejection (after checking them all for legitimacy).

I put all the names into this list randomizer that they would all get scrambled. This way, none of the numbers depend on who posts at which time and multiple names are not squished together.

[Image: drop_7_by_infinitum_est-d66k2d0.png]

It didn't take them long to filter through - falling the path of stardust so alluringly laid out for them. First to arrive, was a girl of blue, who had a cacophony of ocean artifacts strung carelessly in her hair. Eyeing her, the Goddess wondered if she wasn't better suited for her brother, Earth. Next was the stallion Casimir - quick to remind her that they had met before, as if that awarded him some special place, higher than the others. Peering at the two, she frowned; her lavender muzzle wrinkling softly. Had they brought her nothing, but their simple greetings...? Next to arrive are an outcast, and a creature from the Basin. With an angry snort, she cast her pupiless gaze around the group, finding not a one from the Edge. Just what the hell sort of show was Mirage running over there? Anger bubbled inside of her lithe form, as she made a mental note to pay Mirage a little visit. The moonlit edge owed much to their patron Goddess, and she would be shown respect, and her shrine properly seen to.

It was only as Mesec, her dark, castaway child joyously moved to meet her, that she noticed Mauja, the Frosty Spectre, lingering just outside of her starlight influence. Had anyone other than her offspring been rushing forward, she might have paused them to question the once-King of the Edge. However for now, it was her son who had caught and currently held her haughty attention; At least he had brought her something. With a flick of her leonine tail, the trail of stardust vanished, as if melting into the dark ground. "Go now." She demanded, her voice hauntingly beautiful, but also quite stern. "All of you - " Her gaze drifted from each face, her meaning quite clear, until finally it landed with an ambiguous sternest on her Mesec. "I would speak with my son"

Waiting until the group had cleared, the Goddess said nothing - in fact, her gaze did not once fall upon the dark boy, but instead remained upon the retreating figures as they moved away. Breathing deeply, her exquisitely feminine features finally did turn back to the boy, and the flower he had placed at her hooves. He had called her mother, and the word left her feeling cold and unsatisfied. "Why are you here, Mesec." She asked coldly, uncaringly.

[For Mesec's magic, you can only quest to either heal or poison, but not both - that would require an upgrade. It would be darkxearth or earthxlight depending. Please advise which you wish to quest for.]

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

Down in a hole and I don't know if I can be saved
See my heart I decorate it like a grave
Well you don't understand who they
Thought I was supposed to be
Look at me now I'm a man
Who won't let himself be

The moment that Mesec had approached and his mother speaking, giving a sharp demand, the colt was worried that her words had been directed to him. However, a second later his worry was lain to rest when she assured that it was him she would speak with. Craning his neck to the right, he looked upon each of the others that had gathered, idly wondering why they had come to the shrines. What wishes did they hold? Did they simply wish to talk with the Moon? With a gentle exhale, Mesec turned his head back once more and settled his silvery gaze upon that of his mother's.

He wanted to step forward and press his muzzle into her shoulder, to inhale her sweet scent and simply be reassured that she still loved him. But as he observed the look held in his mother's side, he was quick to reconsider his actions and remain where he stood. Had he unknowingly upset her? Did she not like the gift he bore unto her, or was it something deeper that he couldn't begin to comprehend? Hearing the tone of her next words made him lean towards the latter.

"I wanted to see you," he began, daring to keep his gaze glued on those eyes which mirrored his own, "It's been too long..." The yearling trailed off, his eyes snapping away momentarily as he contemplated what exactly to say. There was just so much; surely she knew of his running away from the Basin, and of his new home in the Foothills. What did she think of it all? Did she hate him for his choice? Mesec wanted nothing more than to ask her all of these things, but her tone spoke volumes and alerted him that she did not wish to hear it.

"Actually, mother, there is another thing... It's about magic. I want to go on a quest like father did to get his. Lot's of people respect him... right? I want to follow in his steps and learn his art."

please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Helovian Ancient
Admin

Was this d'Art's doing? Or Kou? Or perhaps Spark's little play-thing, Ophelia? Who had planted these thoughts in his young mind? A puzzled look stripped her normally serene mask of indifference, forming it into a wave of confusion. The dark Goddess couldn't understand where this I missed you nonesense was coming from. Missed what exactly? Her dark features scanned the young colt before her; he appeared so similar, and yet so different from when she saw him last. Previously, the darkness and veracity of the winds - the clear and undaunted symbol of Her, the Goddess of the Moon - had filled and stormed inside of him. Now, eyes, so like her own, stared back with a tenderness and warmth that she couldn't identify with. She was the Dark and the Night; what ever had become of her son?

Her leonine tail flicked around her hocks agitatedly, as the young boy welcomingly changed the subject. For a moment, she felt hope, as she mentioned his Father and his desire to follow in his footsteps. A look of genuine approval graced her features, contorting her dark and enigmatic stare, into one of beauty and poise. "Ahh Mesec. A worthy path." She murmured, her voice like a silken ribbon upon the breeze. Reaching her velvety muzzle out, she gently tousled his forelock, exhaling her sweet scent upon her son. With a heavy sigh, her pupiless gaze fell upon him with adoration. "My son. What have they been telling you? This is who you are.."

As her words faded, the night seemed to visibly dim around them. High above, stars flickered brightly as warm winds rushed about them. Suddenly, the sky danced and sparkled, as if the stars themselves were calling out to their brother from high above. His name seemed to dance among them, as they twirled and lit the sky. A darkness, seeming to hold every answer and possible question, flourished in the night sky: a colorless wonder. The Goddess, not one to coddle and fuss over her son, would simply not stand by and have him be babied and corrupted by another. "We are the Dark, and the Night and the Winds, Mesec; you and I. Never forget that." Her voice was powerful and soothing, for the Moon was a master manipulator, and would use every trick and art to keep her son under her wing. He belonged to the night.

"Now child-" She began, her voice sweet and reassuring, "First you must create your poison. You must seek out seawater, bark, and a white flower which grows only under the light of the moon. Finally, you must find a vessel to carry these things in. Bring them back to me, and I shall tell you what you must do next."

Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
Mauja Frosthjärta
( /has a thing for posting my way out of drops. )

He'd been hoping to be left alone, that even those who knew him had enough sense to steer clear when he so obviously hung on the edges of the group — but alas, no. With his mind already awhir with thoughts and the desire to move away, get out of sight, he had no patience for those who couldn't read his mind and know to stay away. And, as Elizabeth wasn't at the top of his most liked list, Mauja had no other name for her but idiot corporal as she moved over to him. Still, his frozen body remained emotionless, cool eyes blinking at a steady pace. "Be on your way, Corporal," was his cold, murmured greeting, refusing to look at her. He didn't want anyone standing beside him at the moment, least of all someone he had little patience for even on good days.

A slight shape stole his attention, and he felt his heart ache. It was Mesec, d'Artagnan's half-God son.. the one who never quite fit in the Basin, despite the distant affection Mauja gave him each time they passed one another. The Lord had known he was missing, that he was away.. but he hadn't gone looking. His jaws clenched, bitterness flooding him; how many others had he done wrong by letting them disappear? What other souls could he have saved, if he'd only bothered to take the time and look?

The Moon's cold voice rang out, like the glitter upon frost, the sound of a heart blackened and shriveled, vain and arrogant in its beauty but dead and cold beneath. His ears fell flat against his white neck, his own heart beating harder at the sound of it; next to her, he, the Frostheart, seemed a lion of fire. They had all come, some devoted, some curious, and some bitter like him, and as if she was the center of the universe, omnipotent God, she sent them all away. "Kerla," he breathed, half-formed syllables upon his exhalation. With a flick of his white tail, Mauja turned and walked back towards the mainland, sparing them not a single glance — only wishing that Mesec would not fall for her twisting, heartless ways, but thinking him already lost. They were, after all, blood, and the child had come here seeking her. Adding it to the mounting pile of his mistakes Mauja trudged away into the darkness.
seven days to the poison
and a place in heaven
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here