the Rift

[OPEN] Northern Lights, Bittersweet Night

Myrah Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Myrah
Ooc:// Voodoo will be joining, other than that open to anyone and everyone. Id love to meet the herd :D//

'Crunch... slip.. crunch...' snow gave way under cloven hooves, breaking uneven and making each step a work out if not a hazard. The wind bit into the skin, bringing with it the stark frigid chill of an ever lasting winter. As long as the mare kept moving, it wasn't all that bad. But each time she stopped the chill bit a little bit closer.

Snow blanketed the lands, gripping to it tight like a well made bed. It also fell from the skies, marked by dashing streaks of color against the black sheets above... it was like nothing she had ever seen before, and it only seemed to intensify as it danced and waved.

The travel from the Threshold to the North had been long and hard... at times she even felt like she was becoming the opposite of her own self... which scared her, but she managed to push on through it. Now, finally touching upon the border of the Basin, her muscles ached and groaned out in distress. Unhappy with the strain she had put upon them, and the cold that now leaked into their striations. Despite the pain locking up her joints, she never hinted at needing a break, nor whispered a complaint.

She was a mustang! A Kiger Mustang, Endurance, Stamina, and Intelligence... There wasn't a battle that couldn't be won without persistence, and one never heard a mustang complain about the distance of their goal... even if they were used to taking a lot more breaks than this. Which indubitably she was.

Turning her gaze to the grullo stallion, she watched his flanks like she had for the past few days... or was it weeks? Time was at a loss to her now, how much had passed, how long they had been walking in the same direction... here and there they stopped to rest, get a drink, eat something. Yet it was never long enough to heal her straining muscles.

Now she was at the last leg of the trip, and her excitement was picking up, yet her body was too tired to respond. "What is that?" she asked quietly, her icy eyes reflecting the plethora of hues dancing above. Here and there she made light small talk on the way, but nothing substantial... the most important thing was walking, getting from point A to point B... but now that they were here, her voice was picking up the slack... and curiosity was starting to push her bodily pains and need for sustenance and rest, to the back burner.

Poll dipped back, horns brushing against the sides of her neck, muzzle pointed skyward... bangs fell away from her eyes, it was as if the Basin had its own personal greeting card... something that kept its Unicorns coming back. The colors that reflected around her, lit up like a million fireflies. There were no words to explain the show blazing trails through the skies above her, it left her almost speechless. If deciding on the Basin was a bad idea, Myrah decided that the lights above would be well worth the trouble regardless.

Memories of the Threshold swayed back to her, each little detail replaying in her head like it had during the entire trip... Anger flared up within her, eyes steeled, and her head dropped. "Damn Pegasus..." she growled under her breath, even now her words bothered her. Struck a cord that only fueled her to survive here, and made her new found hatred towards the specie stronger. All she could feel was a deep loathing towards the pegasi and her strong serpents tongue... a strong gut feeling that something wasn't right about her. Perhaps it was one of those instant dislikes, regardless it ate at her.

'Helllooo woman, amazing light show above. Yeah, lets forget this for now. We don't want to go running into the basin looking like some angry crazy bitch! Alright?' Myrah's brain scolded her, causing her to take a deep breath and relax. Letting go of the anger and returning to a blissful happiness, where she didn't have to move, just watch the lights dance above... Now just a couple of paces inside the border of a place she could now call Home. Something about the word held firm within her... a place she could call home.... Home... Bitter-Sweet Home...

"Myrah Speaks"

Voodoo Posts: 231
Outcast atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: Eight :: Birdsong HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Ouija :: Arctic Fox :: None Nevada

Frozen flakes of water drifted from the dark sky. Bitter clouds rolled slowly through the air, making it nearly impossible to see the star filled sky. The cold air was welcoming with wide open arms, dragging us further into the basin with soft kisses in the form of wind. Being back home was a great feeling, especially after this much too long voyage, though it was worth it. Maybe bringing this lion-tailed mare back to the Basin would put me on some sort of a small pedestal. Or, maybe not. Probably not I sighed after I drew in a cold breath, a cloud rolling from my hot mouth as it escaped in an exhale.

Suddenly, the clouds seemed to freeze and the sky lit up with the fascinating lights that gave us a show every once in a while. Myrah pulled her face up to the sky, the natural illusion dancing in her bright eyes. I watched the show over head, glancing back down to Myrah, giving her a grin. She really seemed to be enjoying the natural beauty. "That's the Aurora Borealis, which is where our land got it's name.. I suspect." The sentence rolled off my tongue with a questioning tone with the last couple of words.

I continued on, bringing my face back in front of me. The female mumbled something that may have been a response, but I didn't quite hear it. It must not have been of any great importance. Crimson eyes looked over the tundra, wondering how long I had actually been gone. Though we had stopped to eat and drink, resting on rare occasions, the land looked untouched. A faint smile curled over the corners of my red lips. I moved on, not paying attention to whether or not my acquaintance had followed me or was still perplexed by the night show. The black hair that hung from my back side swayed with each long stride step.

My solid black hooves depressed the thin layer of snow that blanketed the permafrost. Each step resulted in a soft crackling noise due to the pressure of my weight. I moved along, red tipped ears constantly rotating and flicking as they always did. Habit I guess. They could be constantly moving, but listening to nothing. The smell of the hot spring began to rise to my nostrils, though it was still a fairly long distance away; a pool of flavorless saliva formed in my mouth. I swallowed it instinctively, feeling the body fluid create a wet streak down my dry throat. I couldn't wait to throw my aching body in the soothing water. The image of steam dancing off of the pool appeared in my active brain.

My mind began to wander away from me. What did things.. taste like? The satisfaction I received from mowing down a radius of grass did not seem to be the same as every one else. And when some one else may have taken a dislike to a cloudy pool of water, I drank it with ease. As long as it did not smell polluted.

walking "talking" the voices
[Image: f2vjpl.png]

EVERYTHING YOU'RE RUNNING AWAY FROM
IS IN YOUR HEAD
[Image: 5389e9aca8b63]
Please tag him in every post!

Unregistered

Myrah
Ooc:// still trying to get comfortable with her, I haven't really hacked out her personality yet//

His vocals caught her attention, ensnared her swiveling, black lined auds and held them in focus. Listening intently, she drank in the social contact... something she hadn't really had the chance to truly enjoy in a years time. Taking a deep breath, she sucked in the crisp clean air, once blue, rainbow hued optics closing to drink in the silence that seeped in after. Catching his smile was like playing with the wind, it was quick and fleeting, or rather, catching him.

As she brought her skull down from its perch, and opened her eyes he was gone from her side. The warmth that radiated from his body no longer chased away the chill, in fact, all that was left was a trail of hoof prints leading away from her. Like a dog to a bone, she followed them with a slightly cross look. Why did he have to disappear all the time, every time she turned her back on him he vanished like a ghost! Did he pay any mind to those following him?

What if she had gotten lost? There was no way she would find her way around this place right now, after all.. it was mountains and snow. The only thing she could do is backtrack. As Myrah pondered after the elusive stallion, the light show seemed to decimate and once again cloud cover took hold. Leaving the night dark and foreboding. Slowly she ambled along, trying to see his larger prints in the dark.

Eventually she spotted his tail end swishing along in the dark, yet it seemed to come too soon, for she felt it before she saw it. "Um... Sorry... Didn't see you...." she barely managed as she tried to back away like a frightened cat. "You know, a little forewarning of your departure would have been nice." her words slipped out before she could bite back her tongue. To her, it sounded almost venemous. 'Great going Myrah, will you ever be able to talk to anyone without nearly biting their head off? Its been days and you have barely spoken too him!'

"Have you lived in the Basin long?" tones came warmer this time, trying for some resemblance of kinship. Yet her own inexperienced awkwardness still rang clear as a bell. Where the hell was he going, and why did he stop? Those seemed like more appropriate questions, but this time she bit them back. After all, Myrah prided herself on maturity, she didn't want to seem childish and talk his ears off.... surely he would ask her to leave then right?

Thunder rolled above, a flash of light briefly illuminating the scenery and his bloody red markings, as if he had pulverized and eaten the flesh of another being, something she hadn't really minded surprisingly. Yet even now she wished that someone else would come along, break up the slight tension she felt was building within her. Why wouldn't he speak to her for more than a few sentences?!? It was awkward, it made her feel awkward and immature... Myrah did not like feeling that way.

"Myrah Speaks"

Back haunches tensed, ready to throw out my lengthy legs before I made my instinctual brain realize that it was only Myrah. Each already sore muscle unclenched, my tail relaxing and hanging straight between my limbs; I craned my neck to the side to peer at her with crimson eyes. She apologized quickly after the bump, her sorry words followed by a scornful bite. A smirk fooled with my mug. The words failed to sink in, though I feel like her intentions were not to hurt any feelings.

"Keep up and we wouldn't have been split up." I mocked her in a joking tone, a playful smile replacing the quirky smirk. Hopefully the female wouldn't take the joke to heart. I did have a hard time in letting others know what I was doing. For nearly a two years I didn't have to talk to anyone. Anyone but us! they chimed, reminding me of their constant presence. I returned my face to it's comfortable position in front of me, pressing into the night.

Myrah chirped again, this time with a curious tone behind her words. She must have been trying to bat the previous tone away. How long had I been in the Basin? Long enough to do nothing important I bit back the urge of telling my head to shut up. They cackled at me instead. "Uhm, a couple of months now. I showed up at the end up Tallsun. It was still pretty cold here though. But, I didn't mind." I let my words at that, being stopped by a thick crack of thunder. It created a quivering sensation under my hooves.

Quickly enough, I was concerned for the new mare. Had she ever experienced the clash of cold and warm heat before? Lightning struck nearly simultaneously with the shattering sound, encouraging me to move. I strongly disliked being out in a storm. "Here, keep up with me!" I crowed over the deafening sound. Each tired muscle suddenly became very alert and alive, the ache of travel seeming to completely ware off for the time being. I dashed off into the darkness, knowing my way through the land now. We were headed toward my small cave that I had claimed as my own. Anything to keep me out of this storm. Snow and mud scattered to either side of me as I tore the foliage from the ground with the frogs of my hooves.

IS IN YOUR HEAD

Unregistered

Myrah
Ooc://:3/

"I think I keep up pretty well, I bet it is you that couldn't keep up with me... Then again you would probably just wander off course and find yourself lost. I wouldn't want to spend that much time trying to find you!" her own voice rose after his, picking up upon the joking tone.

Yet the banter was lost after his next string of words. Usually a storm wouldn't bother her, there was more than a few times she opted to stay out in the rain, rather than run from it. In fact it was safer on low ground than it was beneath a tree... in fact she had seen a squirrel drop while trying to climb one once. The lightening had aimed for it as if the tree had offended it by just being there. Later she went to investigate and sure enough the squirrel had been fried.

Despite her lack of fear, Voodoo seemed to be terrified, and hell bent upon escaping the next clap of thunder that shook the ground beneath their feet. He shouted at her, and a quirky thought slipped through the passages of her mind. 'Sure, now he tells me." Like a horse from the starting gate, he was off at the sound of the bell... or in this case, another crack of thunder.

Kicking herself into gear, she threw herself forward into a gallop, forcing herself to keep up with him even though her muscles screamed at her. No fear, meant that she didn't have the adrenaline he had to soothe her aching form. Making travel difficult and a hazard as she tried to run through the thick snow. "VOODOO!" she called as her narrow, well built frame began to fall behind and each gaited step slowed in comparison to his.

For once her thick bangs seemed to become something more of a mask, a mask that she had difficulty seeing through in the veil of darkness. Snorting, she tossed her head, but her horns seemed to keep them trapped upon her face. Rain began to fall in thick sheets, making her pelt slick and thoroughly coated but also opening it up to the freeze of the icy wind. Her mane finally cleared from her face in thick tangled strands, opening up the world before her...

Adrenaline finally took hold, coursing through her as fear of losing her traveling companion gripped at her heart and constricted fast to it like a snake. She could barely see his tail, hear his hoof falls between rolls of thunder and flashes of forked lightening. Perhaps this storm was worse than she thought...

A cloven hoof slipped out from beneath her, causing her to careen towards the ground, slamming into her front knees. There was a slice of pain, then nothing as she regathered her composure and pushed herself onward at a restrained gallop. A gash had opened up upon her right leg, blood ran freely, but she took no notice. Following the well marked trail of disks pulverizing the crushed snow, she aimed not to slip once more. A mustang always prided its self on being sure footed, and it was nothing more than an embarrassment that she could possibly fall or slip on anything, regardless on how inexperienced she was in this cold world.

It was an imperfect day for her arrival, in fact it was a terrible day... Instead of sunny and open to show her the wonders that the land could bring, it gave her a small peepshow and showed her the horrors of snow, ice, and a terrible storm. Another flash of lightening showed her a string of mountains fast approaching, slicing into the sky with jagged peaks like a fortress against the world. Yet she barely had time to bask in its glory as she finally caught sight of the stallion's banner waving behind him, beckoning her to him. Forcing herself to move faster, she plowed through the snow like a tank, grasping at every thread of strength she had until finally she raced with him at his side.

"Myrah Speaks"

Thankfully the mare had a sense of humor, and returned a mocking joke in my way before we both launched into the darkness. The rain stung my slit eyes as I drove onward, the red splashed tips of my ears pointing backward, trying to listen for the rhythm of Myrah's footsteps under the crashing sky. Our feet pounded the cold earth with each step, though I imagine her cloven hooves left a strange print in the soft ice. We moved on.. or, at least I thought it was the two of us until I heard her voice falling behind me. My face craned backward, my pace slowing to a fast canter due to my strange stance. Her bright coat faded into the darkness.

The thunder growled again, sending an abrupt shiver down my spine. Where had she gone to now, damn it?! "Myrah?" My voice struggled under the violent thrashing sounds. Just get out of this god forsaken weather boy they picked at my brain curiously, trying to pull some feelings from my body. Should I stop? My front quarters tensed up, stiffening my front limbs to hop to a near stop. My body bounced a few times before the mare appeared again, quickly coming up on my back side.

I pushed my body back into a gallop, facing forward again. Thankfully, the extra shot of light illuminated the massive rocky hill before us. Finally one sighed, guiding me toward an inviting cave mouth. It was small, jagged around the edges. My body shifted into a fast trot as easily as a diesel six-pack shifted from fifth gear to second.. which was hard and ugly. "Home sweet home," the words were barely audible with the huff of air as they slipped from my mouth. My sides continued to heave awkwardly, scrapping against the mineral mounds that grew on black and gray rock walls as I moved into the tall, but narrow cave. We could both fit easily standing up, but each of us lying down was sort of out of the question.

Droplets of rain dripped down my sides like water on wax paper, dewing up on the thick black line that rode my spine. Once a heavy enough droplet built up, it drooped from my silver hide for a moment before slipping off and falling, splattering on the smooth rocky floor. Crimson eyes peered over toward where Myrah should have been, according to the way she had been following hot on my trail.

walking "talking" voices

IS IN YOUR HEAD

Unregistered

Myrah
Ooc:// little better I think//

Myrah's sides heaved with every struggling breath, a shallow cough issuing from somewhere deep within her chest as their pace began to slow. The rain pelted her like pins and needles, stabbing and slapping at her multi-hued bodice.

The rocky outcroppings drew near, then opened to a wide ring around a rather unsettled lake. She didn't have much time to look around however, for as soon as they had entered, a cave rose up before her tired eyes... at last, with a trail of words from Voodoo's maw, they were in a small cave and out of the frigid storm.

Sucking in a long drought of dry air, she tried desperately not to shake herself like a dog, to ignore the impulse... all the while her body quivered and shivered from the combination of cold and exhaustion.

"Guess there will be no welcoming party." her words finally came after another few seconds nearly panting to catch her breath. Nares blossomed as she blew out, only to rebud after each intake.

As each passing minute ticked by out of harms way, her adrenaline began to fade and the pain from the long travels and the rough fall became rather apparent. Lowering her head, she gazed upon the wound, pulled further open by her frantic gait, and snorted in slight annoyance at the sight alone. Yet not a word was spoken about it, even as the blood began to well up and drip down her leg. After all, Myrah had seen worse... experienced worse, and it would heal in due time.

Fatigue made her body sag, her knees scream to give out, yet she stood still, unbending with a force that was just her will alone. "Feel free to lay down, I'll just take a short nap and watch the storm." an offering?

"Myrah Speaks"

Normally my aching muscles would cry due to the hard flooring of my tiny home, yearning to find softer ground in order to completely relax and unwind; but at the moment, it felt amazing. I had not been in my miniature apartment in far too long. Rain continued to run off of my thickly coated hide, slipping off with ease as if I had a layer of grease smothered over my body. The mare entered behind me, the scent of blood lingering distinctively with her presence. I stayed silent, awaiting her words that would surely come soon.

My weight shifted uneasily from side to side, trying to please each tense muscle one at a time. It wasn't working out very well. I imagined wading into the comforting wake of the hot springs, the magical water seeping into my body through every pore that hungrily drank it in. The natural water really could do wonders to a beaten soul.

"Guess there will be no welcoming party." I grinned, a gentle chuckle rolling from my throat. "Don't get your expectations too high. I never had one either. I have really only met a few of our herd members and have actually spoken to them." My as-a-matter-of-fact tone seemed a little harsh at first, but why not let her in on what was really going on? I doubted any large group of our fellow herd mates running in to great the leo-tailed female.

Her body was fully visible to me, given the minimal light source from out side. She seemed to be trembling every once in a while, but not in a constant motion. Myrah must have been sore and tired as well. She offered for me to lie down, making a scoff blow from my chest. "You seem to be in worse shape than me, you should be the one laying down. And, do I smell blood on you? What'd you get yourself into when I wasn't looking?" Even though I was serious in the first course of my sentence, my gentle, smooth tone took over the last quarter. There was no way I was going to let her think that I didn't notice that she was in some sort of pain.

[Ooc; I cannot apologize enough for how long it has taken me to reply! My internet was down for what seemed like forever. I sorry, :s ]

IS IN YOUR HEAD

Unregistered

Myrah
Ooc://No worries, I've just started a second job so my own replies might be a little slow as well :)//

No welcoming party for anyone? Well its not like it really mattered to the tri-toned mare. Indeed she had desired to meet the equines, or rather Unicorns of this place at her own pace. If they had all jumped to attention as she strolled on in, Myrah probably would have not been able to relax.

The rigid roll of thunder pounded at the mountain, echoing within the small cavern and causing her auds to rotate back. Grimacing, she shook out the 'hairs-on-end' feeling and shifted onto her other leg. Hot breath touched upon her facials as air was released from his barrel in a scoff. Dazed, she looked up towards him, already forgetting that she had spoken. Words hung in the air between them as she slowly complied with his words. Stubborn as her blood ran, the dual horned Mistress knew she was too sore to refuse. While she would own up to her own words if he had decided to lay awhile, she was grateful to have the offer turned against her for once.

[color=#00BFF]"Just not used to outrunning a storm in the snow is all... It's nothing that wont heal."[/color] a short pause as her eyes lit with her inner flame once more. [color=#00BFF]"I wouldn't get in trouble if I knew the way, what a terrible guide you are!"[/color] a smooth, half hearted chuckle passed her incisors and slipped out into the space between them.

Adjusting her weight, she slowly went down upon her knees, tucking her canons in to rest upon her chest. It was almost about as awkward as watching a foal plop down for the very first time. Muscles threatened to give out, sore and aching as slowly she brought her back legs beneath her and lowered herself all the way. Once again she shifted until she was on top of her right leg once again.

A soft groan of pleasure softened her expression as slowly she began to relax. Fifteen minutes, that's all she would need for right now... even so she couldn't bring herself to close her eyes. A flash of lightening lit up the blood washed grullo, bringing a smile forking across her mug once again. "Shame... I got all the way down here and I don't think I can... sleep..." the end of her words interrupted by a earth shattering roll of thunder.

"Myrah Speaks"

The thunder growled at the shock of light outside of the some what cramped cave, dueling in the night air over head. Seconds after the ground-shuttering clash, it began quieting down, the sound rolling across the clouded skies of Helovia. The mare, Myrah ..yes, thank you.. Myrah finally replied, her voice masked by the continuous rolling hot and cold air. She said something about not being used to running in the snow.. I think. Which would make sense with what I just pulled her through.

Tired, heavy eye lids slumped with no effort, hard to keep open more than anything. The warmth each of our bodies were generating in the small cavern was comfortable. The matching grulla's voice brought my eyes back to life for a moment, mocking me again, calling me a "terrible guide." I grinned lazily, a quiet, half asleep laugh muffled by my closed mouth. Each dark eye stayed open, watching Myrah finally take up my offer on the most comfortable position in the house.

She bent down awkwardly, her legs shivering on the way down. Her barrel finally rolled to the floor, inching back and forth in order to get comfortable easier. "Shame," she began "I got all the way down here and I don't think I can... sleep..." My jaw dropped, lips peeling back to bare pink gums in the process of a long, drawn out yawn. "I sure will be able to." The beginning of my sentence merged in with the end of the yawn, sounding like a strange howling almost.

My knees buckled so that if I were to fall asleep standing up, I wouldn't fall to the floor. Hopefully fi I did I would stay asleep. That would be lovely. Go to sleeeep, go to sleeeeep the soft, Mother like voice sang in my head. This continued for a minute, the voice slowly contorting itself into the vulgar, scratchy voice that I was used to. This was always fun to try to fall asleep to.

walking "talking" voices

IS IN YOUR HEAD

Unregistered

Myrah
Ooc://Did you want to post and then do a sort of time warp where they wake up in the morning or close the thread? Im open to both :) and no I don't mind continuing in the least bit.//

Slowly the grullo stallion seemed to fade from the world, yet he teetered upon falling asleep and remaining half awake. The rolling sound of thunder and the hard pitter patter of rain was like a lullaby, bringing them closer to the edge of exhaustion. However... something about the situation seemed wrong to her.

Voodoo had taken her from the Threshold, yes, stolen her away from that irritating pegasi and brought her to... well she wasn't quite sure how to explain these lands yet. But for now it was not anything close to a Paradise. She had asked for a challenge so it didn't come across as a wrong choice regardless of the weather. Even brought her into his home and offered her the utmost hospitality... Yet something nagged at her, picked at the soul of her being... warmed her to a preposterous thought that otherwise she would have shirked away from on instinct alone.

Icey eyes watched his knees buckle and she shook her head. No, there would be none of that! Gathering up the nerve, she managed to speak... barely a whisper at first, then she cleared her throat and tried again. "You know... you can lay next to me, the way I see it its the only way we will both fit laying down... and um... I don't want you to fall on me if your knees decide to give." the last bit was a bit of a lie, an excuse? A way to cool her own jets and make her feel better about a stallion next to her? Voodoo had given her no inclination that he was going to do anything to her, and there was a substantial amount of trust to be gained from the long travels without that sort of trouble...

The least she could do was offer him the spot next to her.

"Myrah Speaks"

A soft chill blew through their cave one last time, carrying along with it a tiny shower of rain. I sighed, peeling my eyes open one more time to look down at the matching mare before me. Her horns were something different, something I had yet to see. I had seen a couple of fellow unicorns that carried antlers, but nothing yet like these ram horns. She cleared her throat, bringing my ears forward once again.

Myrah suggested lying next to her, and I couldn't quite tell if she was trying to flirt with me or not. Just stay up here My knees unlocked, creating my muscles to cry once more. I really needed to get into training before I became any older. "I guess so." I took a few tiny steps forward, letting my body drop in a slow rocking motion. I landed next to her with a soft huff, drawing in a deep breath before letting my heavy eye lids droop down again.

The heat radiating off of each of our bodies felt fairly good on sore muscles. Quickly, easily, and soundlessly I dozed off. No dreams, no images of today events, no voices. They let me sleep.

The bitter bite of morning air met my stained nostrils, popping me out of the deep sleep I had fell into the night before. My eyes flicked open, glancing down to find that my head had fallen onto Myrah's muscular shoulder in my sleep. She probably didn't mind, so I played it off. Drawing in a deep breath, the cold air filled my lungs and woke me up easily. Front legs cast themselves out in front of me, back legs following the command to lift me from the rocky flooring.

I stood up straight, craning my face back to stretch out some still sleepy muscles. Red eyes examined the stillness of the morning. The pale sun looked sleepy behind thin clouds, and the sky reflected the white permafrost of our region. Slowly I wandered out into the open land, my face immediately pulling down to the earth to grab at the small sprouts of grass that shot out from the snow and ice.

[Ooc: Sorry, I probably should have told you I was going to do that in my next post. Lol.]

IS IN YOUR HEAD

Unregistered

Myrah
Ooc://No worries, Im sick. lolz//

Old habits die hard... the phrase her father had spoken to her a few times when she was a filly, especially after she caught him stealing fruit from a neighboring herd's tree. It was odd remembering the image of the big black male reaching up to grab an apple, his vice... Myrah's vice wasn't a fruit, but it was close. In fact it was actually quite bitter until it ripened.

Watching Voodoo lay beside her was both unnerving and soothing all at once. Her muscles briefly tensed, much like they had when she had met him, until finally they gave up the goat and relaxed. Making him feel uncomfortable was not her goal in mind, yet it seemed like it didn't matter for he was out within seconds.

After about ten minutes, listening to his breathing, watching the rise and fall of his barrel, she too drifted off.

~~~

'Daddy?' a tiny voice quested, seeking answers from the big black stallion before her. The horse turned, apple in his mouth... he bit it in half and took off. Startled, she tried to follow, but found herself upon shaky legs... small thin shaky legs, clumsy cloven hooves. 'Daddy?!?' her voice asked, requested, tried its damndest to extract some sort of information as to why he was running away from her... As she tried to keep up she grew, the ground becoming less close. 'DAD!!!!' her voice now called, 'Why are you leaving me?' fainter, her voice dropped... The stallion stopped next to a mare, a mare around her size, dun in color with the same zebra striping she had. 'Mom?' both turned to look at her, they took off... with dizzying speed she took off after them, but was soon lost to the wilds of the plains. [/i]
~~~

Startled awake, the mare turned her head wildly about her, eyes wide as she peered past her bangs to the lightening darkness around her. "Just a dream..." she muttered to herself as the sound of Voodoo's breathing once more sang to her like a lullaby. Turning her gaze, she now noticed the unfamiliar weight upon her back, the shadow lined trace of his head, neck, and body.

Myrah knew she should care, bring herself to nip at him... tell him off... yet the blue hued grullo couldn't. Instead she found herself drifting off once more, somehow relaxed by the rather comforting weight to pair up with a not so comforting dream.

----

The rest of the night was left dreamless, no longer was it plagued by her parents leaving her, or any other secret demons she hid beneath a rock in her mind. In fact it was pleasant, restful even.

Blue eyes greeting the morning light with a sleepy gaze, just in time to see Voodoo's fleeting wisp of a tail disappear through the opening of the den. Snorting, she half haphazardly rose up from the ground, working her stiff muscles into action well before they were ready. "I caught you this time! Trying to disappear on me again are you?" she chuckled as she walked out behind him. His head was ground level, teeth working to pluck one of the many stobourn blades of grass that seemed to grow in the basin... At least, it was something she was realizing now that daylight had cast its welcoming arms across the lands. Her jaw nearly dropped as she looked around truly for the first time. It was beautiful... unexplainable, even as she looked across the water to the other side of the mountains, her breath was taken away.

"Myrah Speaks"

Voodoo
tear me open pour me out,
inside there's things that scream and shout

The cold breath of morning air was starting to wake me up, each breath drawn in was shocking, even though they each felt the same. Flavorless, frozen grass slid down my throat in warm shards, the saliva breaking down the icy coat as soon as it was gripped by each black lip. The clank of hooves on rock behind me grabbed my attention right before her voice did. The matching grulla peeked from my small cave, her eyes still sleepy. "I caught you this time! Trying to disappear on me again are you?" I lifted my crowned face, swallowing the last of my breakfast. "I don't think I could lose you this time," I offered her the first warm smile of the day. "Too bright out."

I reached my face out, extending it to stretch my neck before shaking the sleepiness out of my body. Once that was over, I stood with good form, front and back feet aligned perfectly, my neck bowing over to watch my new friend. Crimson eyes took in her entire body, recalculating what she had looked like last night compared to what she looks like in the bright morning snow. She really was something to look at, ravishing in a way. Her cat-like tail was lanky and very full, matching the thicket of hair that crawled up her neck and shaded her soft face.

The dustiness in my brain roused as they all awoke as well, stretching out their metaphorical fingers to touch the side walls of my skull, reassuring their existence. Yet they stayed silent, sitting quietly to await some sort of entertainment. I ignored them as I did every morning, finding my attention was still focused on the mare in front of me. "So," I started, the word followed by a warm cloud of wasted breath. I recalled waking up to my neck and face wrapped around her back. Had she noticed? Perhaps. What if she felt that charge that I had with Africa?

The winged mare danced through my mind with all of the energy she had shown me. The soft touch of her body beside mine had sent some sort of pleasurable shock through my body, one that I had never felt before, and had yet to. Would this mare do the same? Would it feel different because she was a fellow unicorn? The thought of the ditzy Pegasus and I being anything but friends nearly turned my stomach. I would have to further investigate. Perhaps today even.

My mind picked apart any action that my body suddenly told me to do. A small burst of wonder making each limb ache to move toward Myrah. Instead I gave her another smile, hoping to circulate some flirtatious feelings. I stepped toward her awkwardly, closing a tiny bit of space between our similar colored bodies. "Did you sleep well?" What the fuck? Very cute, Voodoo. Very.. sexy Damn it. How do you talk to girls? All I seemed to do to Africa was ignore her and she was pretty into me.

Tagged: @[Myrah]
Text here "Chat here." Voices here

i run but it stays right by my side
Table by Frostie
IS IN YOUR HEAD

Unregistered

Myrah
Ooc://dawwww makes me want to hug him XD//

Iced blues, veiled by midnight strands, brought back down from the heavens to view the similar hued demon before her. His words breathed a breath of fresh air to her ears, captivated her attention, and held her usually scattered focus firm. "Hmm perhaps, but you did leave my side while I slept. I thought I made quite a good pillow, and you would sleep for ages." a smooth chuckle rolled from somewhere deep within her chest, crossing the threshold and tumbling from her throat short and sweet.

The air surrounding her bit and pulled at her flesh, but she ignored it with a gentle shake, opting to stand here and freeze, just for another moment with... the thought was practically a slap to her awareness. Never before had she craved the company of anyone other than her parents, being alone for so long she had just sort of accepted the fact that there was no one to talk to but herself... and the gods. Yet she was not terribly religious and quite frankly the thought of someone constantly watching over her but never saying anything back kind of gave her the creeps.

Myrah... didn't know how to really talk to others, she only just winged it... The feelings she felt were foreign and untouched, something she didn't quite know how to decipher just yet.

Voodoo's voice cut into her confusion, like a knife to the threads holding it in place within her. Slowly the whirlwind of emotions fell away, leaving a strange sense of affection and calm... with a spark of fire and a little bit of a playfully sassy taste left in her mouth. It was an odd mix and definitely something worth chewing over. "I slept alright, first few hours were a little shaky, but after that I slept like a new born foal. How did you sleep?" she asked... her voice seemed a little strained, like she was scripting out something but didn't know what it was yet... in fact she just wished to throw it away and close the awkward gap between them.

"The grass looks so much greener over there..." her voice came in almost a whisper, and before she could let her fears hold her back, she forced herself forward. Cloven daggers stabbed at the ground as she pulled on ahead of her emotions, lion tail flicking in anxious anticipation. Soon she was so close she could almost reach out her nose and touch him... Yet something held her back... nerves? Inexperience? Lowering her head, she let her black and white mane fall forward, pool within the long frosted spears of grass and thick blanket of snow. Her mouth reached out, snagged a few bites... but nothing substantial. Despite their travel to get here, she wasn't that hungry right now.

"Myrah Speaks"

Voodoo

A cold lump formed in my throat as she spoke. So she did notice that I had sprawled out on her, so much for inconspicuousness. Red tipped ears rotated backward, staying perked up, but veering away from the howl of the wind. How I hated the cold breath of mother nature herself sometimes. Crimson eyes flicked from the bright gaze of the mare in front of me to the ground, her sentence finished off by a sweet laugh. "You did, really. I probably would have if it weren't for how cold it's gotten." The warm smile faded from my face seconds after I replied, returning to the stale, emotionless stare.

The cascading hair billowed over her dark toned face, hiding both bright eyes. My attention pulled itself back up to attempt to weed the bright gaze from behind black curtains. She claimed the first few hours were "shaky," making me wonder why. I almost asked, but I knew that I always liked to keep to myself. Work with this "Why's that?" I reached out, eyes dancing with concern as I asked. "I slept fine, knowing that some one was there with me. You kept me nice and warm. That was a first." Left ear rotated back forward, a cheeky grin sliding over my blood tainted mug.

The wind howled again, creeping through the narrow rock wedges of the mountain side. Red nose pointed up, following my eyes as they searched for the peaks of the rock hills, but I was far too close to stretch my neck back that far in order to see. Myrah spoke again in a hushed tone. "Hm?" My eyes dropped once more, my face following along with in a quick motion. She had closed another small amount of space between us and dropped her dark face to the starch white ground. I dropped my face as well, but stopped at her shoulders. To play, or not to play? Hm. I nipped carefully at her nearest shoulder, smiling and pulling my face upward quickly.

Table by Frostie
IS IN YOUR HEAD

Unregistered

Myrah
Ooc://terrible post srry deary//

Inquiring upon her words, she felt that she had basically caught her foot in a log. Tell him about the dream or not? "Just a nightmare thats all." her words came quietly, almost nonchalant. There hadn't been a soul that she had bleed her heart over, her thoughts, her memories... Nipping at another blade of grass, she chose not to mull over the dream that woke her up last night. In fact, she was more concerned with the emotions awkwardly tumbling within her... as indecipherable as morse code.

Instead she stuck to his words... "A first?" she questioned, head picking up from the tasteless grass but not yet turning towards him. A soft nip touched upon her shoulder, startled her head whipped around to him, a hoof rose to clip him back until... She caught the soft smile upon his face and a smile broke upon hers as well. Swiftly her head dropped like an anvil, swinging as if caught upon a rope, teeth clipping lightly upon his leg.

Back legs kicked off, shoving her frame towards the mountain side as her front hooves lifted and came down. She raced away, feline tail slapping his side as she dashed across the frozen tundra. If anything, she knew how to play... a memory she held firm since she was a young filly, but had never had the chance to practice since. "Looks like I will be the one to lose you this time, come on Voodoo, keep up!" she called back, tossing her head towards him. Her mane pealed away from her side, bearing icey blues into full view.

"Myrah Speaks"

Voodoo

With a soft tone, the female explained why her night had been a tough one, due to a nightmare. Blood hued eyes watched the slightest view of crystalline blue eyes beneath shades of black and gray. I nodded in understanding, because I did understand what she meant. I may not know what the nightmares consisted of, but I do know that they can burn into your brain; characters riding along with you for days on end, haunting your dreams and -for me- reality.

"A first?" She repeated, questioning what I had told her. I cocked my head to the right, ears perched forward intently. "It gets cold with only one guy in there, I don't ever have any one to help me stay warm." Butter this up! They giggled in my head, ready to coach me through my first flirting lesson. "It'd be nice to have someone to keep me warm." Nice

Myrah quickly reacted once I reached out to nip her: she took off, her black hair waving out like a pirate flag as it followed her. She yelled back to me, taunting me to follow along with her. The playful spirit bounded away from me, leaving her hoof prints warn into the thin layer of snow. Almost immediately, I lurched into a canter, the cold, still sleepy muscles in my body being awakened with a stun. I moved swiftly, beginning to gallop after her, my body gliding over the white ground; thanks to my naturally gifted gait. Each jagged edged hoof dug up the powder, tossing it into the cold air, just for it to dance back to its' resting place.

Evenatully I caught up to the end of Myrah's ink black lioness tail, reaching out my red nose to bump her muscular rump; proof that I could gain up with ease. My build and genetics made me quick, agile. I will make something of that one day, hopefully. Front legs carried me to her side, a smile crawling across my face.

Table by Frostie
IS IN YOUR HEAD

Unregistered

Myrah
Ooc://hope its ok//

It didn't take long for the grullo stud to catch up with her, coaxing a smooth chuckle to roll out from her slightly open mouth. It also didn't help that her mind was distracted by the last things he said. Grabbing a hold of this, she used it to fuel the game. She would give him his answer, though it was more of a statement then a question. Her mind pummeled the idea, checking out its every meaning before settling on one fact that nearly left her running into a boulder.

Stumbling the mare put on the breaks, letting the crimson and grullo frame slide past her. She did want to share the cave... while the first part of the night had kept her terrified, the second part had been warm and cozy, she had actually enjoyed his sleek head resting upon her back.

Switching tactics, she lunged forward in another direction. Eyes lighting up further as she fueled the flames to her soul. "Well I see you can keep up on flat ground, what about someplace rocky?" she threw back with a taunt.

Swiftly her bodice propelled forward, as if her ancestors were running through her. Definitely not the fastest, but her mustang blood held the secrets of generations worth of building survival instincts. Faceted together with each surviving line that passed on a new foal, and ended by each death that killed off a line of weak equines.

While her body shirked from the frigid wind and biting cold, her heart and soul took it as a challenge. The trail unwound before her, mapped out with careful eyes. The first step onto the mountain's face was pre-planned, her sure-footedness ingrained in her breed landing her hooves in the right spot. Sure Voodoo could outrun her, especially on flat ground. But the rocky mountains was her home in a much drier hotter climate. Up and up she climbed, kicking out loose stones beneath her. Until finally she turned and stopped to check upon his whereabouts.

"By the way, I would love to room in your den with you. But you have to catch me again! Another tap on the flanks will do." she called down from a slight precipice a devious grin toying with her facials. It wasn't the top of the mountain but it was still quite a ways up. Turning she began her steady climb once again.

"Myrah Speaks"

Voodoo

I moved too fast to notice that her body suddenly was not beside mine, the sound of clattering hooves behind me being the only thing that signified me to stop. I reached out with my front legs as far as they'd reach, attempting to slow my pace with long hops. A few slowed steps allowed me to turn, her voice reaching me just as she began to scale up the rocky mountain side. I drew in a deep breath, ears pressing forward to catch the end of her sentence. Rocks? Good luck you gangly fool

Damn it. I sucked in another deep breath, continuing my chase after the matching mare. Her lioness tail catching my attention before I had to look down to assure my steps would not be the death of me. I moved slowly, picking my feet up high with each step in order to not trip over each sharp rock. The small trail that few had obviously trekked up was narrow and dangerous to sloppy footing. Red eyes flicked up from the rock path to watch the female before me bound and slink around with ease.

She paused quite a bit further ahead of me, her body perched proudly as she called down to me. I knew she'd want to stay with me, with my charm and all. One for charm, zero for you I rolled my eyes at them with a smile up toward the mare. I opened my mouth to respond, but just as the words formed in my voice box, she turned and moved away once more. I sighed, pushing myself up the hillside awkwardly. I found myself tripping over my own feet rather than rocks due to concentrating too hard.

Eventually I found myself where Myrah had stopped the first time, and I was exhausted. Moving over flat ground was much, much easier than this. "Myrah, I don't know if I can do this much longer. You win!" I drew in a couple of deep breaths, the cold air chilling my lungs with a cold chill that almost made me cough.

Table by Frostie
IS IN YOUR HEAD