You are the thunder and I am the lightening

Zuri Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Be careful making wishes in the dark

I've got the scars from tomorrow and I wish you could see
My childhood spat back out the monster that you see

TAG: Anyone!

NOTES: Hey everybody! I don't really care which herd she ends up in, I'm just excited to get back to roleplaying =)

WORDS: 566

Brittle leaves quietly swirled to the damp ground in a rich array of colors, gently shaken from their branches as the trees were swayed by a soft, cool breeze. They rustled ever so slightly, bumping and brushing against each other, briefly touching to create the softest of sounds before landing almost silently to be trod upon by large, unforgiving hooves. The ground was still wet and pliable from the previous night's rainfall, thus easily imprinted by these same hooves, leaving perfect crescent shapes as her only trail. There was only the slightest of rustles as she moved through the cool forest, disturbing dry leaves beneath her.

Delicate nostrils flared as she breathed in the crisp morning air, the smell of cleanliness and freshness that was only possible after a storm awakening her senses. The whole forest smelled fresh and new; pristine. It was her favorite smell probably in the entire world and she breathed it in deeply as she walked, quietly wandering through the tall trunks.

Her rich chocolate bay coat blended well with the dark wood and rich colors of Orangemoon. She still had her slick, shiny coat from the warmer months, but would soon begin growing a thicker, warmer layer in preparation for the cold months to come. The white hairs that speckled her flanks and barrel in a roan and brindle like pattern were a stark contrast to her otherwise dark pelt, and her tail was much the same being mostly black and edged in bright white with a white tail head. A typical pattern for rabicanos, but not come across that often. Or, at least from what she'd seen, but then again, Zuri was a rather solitary mare by nature ever since she'd severed ties with her "mother". If you could even call the brutal mare that. The scars that littered the graceful mare's rump and flanks as well as the long, ropy scar across her chest could be attributed to the mare who'd given birth to her.

Zuri's wandering soon brought her upon a trickling stream and she stopped, dipping her head to the clear liquid and lightly touching her velvet lips to its surface, sipping leisurely. Thick, wavy black locks fell forward to veil her eyes; one varying shades of blue, the other so dark brown it was almost black. Dainty ears flicked back and forth atop her fine head, straining to catch every little sound, hard muscles tensed to jump into action should anything seem amiss.

Having drunk her fill, the thickly built mare lifted her head, shaking the wild hair from her half blazed face. She gave the area another quick glance, and her ears having heard nothing to make her move on, she cocked her ivory dipped back leg and relaxed, sighing heavily. She was quite content to rest here for the time being. Her long wavy tail swished absentmindedly against her flanks, more out of habit than anything else. She'd spent most of the night walking, exploring her new surroundings in the safety and solitude of the dark. This was the first time she'd ever lingered in a place this long; she'd been here for almost a week already. But she couldn't yet bring herself to move on. Strange for the nomadic mare, but maybe, just maybe, this would be the place where she could finally settle and call it home. Maybe.

credit to tom felton at caution

Accalia Posts: N/A
Unregistered
Accalia was wandering back in the threshold, in search of more horses to recruit to the Assassins. Not yet an official herd, a nomadic group that needs to gain enough members to take a piece of land for themselves. Pledging allegiance to Ignita, Accalia swore to save her and the other captured members. The unicorn mare was captured directly in front of her eyes, and the white fae would not stand for that. Though the fae is stunningly beautiful, with a white pelt, and an elegant arabian face. Her feminine features hide all of the brute force the tall girl really has for fighting and running. The slender legs are packed with hidden muscles, for one well aimed kick could cut through an opponents skin. Her red brown eyes, full of unknown intelligence, but still betrayinig her youth.

Finally after wandering around, she spotted another in this forest. A mare like her, a chocolate rabicano walking around. Accalia gave a courteous smile and slowly started approaching the mare. Last time she came upon a tiger, Kumal, whom she recruited. Though he radiated danger, like a brave Assassin she approached him and recruited him. Now if a war were to happen they would be invincible with the brute's strength. Trotting closer, with an elegant flip of her mane that got in her eyes, but still minding her distance, Accalia stopped before her. "Hello there, Accalia from the Assassins. Is there a home that you seek m'am", the fae kindly asked. The other mare before her was quite a beauty too, with a long black mane, somehow resembling Accalia's length. The girl stood quietly waiting still with a smile upon her maw.

Unregistered

TAG: Accalia

NOTES: Not my best post ever, but I guess it'll do Lol

WORDS: 387

The soft snapping of a branch caught Zuri's attention immediately and one black tipped ear flicked back toward the sound. As she tuned into the sound, quiet hoof falls became audible, steadily coming toward her.

Keeping both of her ears turned toward the noise, the chocolate mare shifted so she was standing on all four hooves again, and waited. She wasn't nervous or scared; the steps coming toward her weren't too fast to be alarming, nor were they trying hard to be very quiet, both of which would have made Zuri go on high alert. She turned her head over her shoulder just in time to see a pure snow white mare step out of the trees, a polite smile upon her maw.

Zuri's ears were trained to the mare but the rest of her body remained relaxed. She didn't think this mare was here to do her harm by the way she was cautiously approaching and smiling at her. Leisurely, she turned around to face her, not offering a smile in return but instead making a soft sound of greeting in the back of her throat. The solitary mare wasn't very talkative by nature.

"Hello there, Accalia from the Assassins. Is there a home that you seek m'am."

A home? Hadn't she just been thinking about possibly settling here and now someone comes along asking her if a home is what she seeks? The immediate answer that came to the dark mare's mind was "No, thank you." but almost right after that, the opposite crossed her mind. Equines were not solitary creatures by nature; they craved companionship and the safety of numbers. Zuri's self imposed solitude had started to take its tole on her. She wanted friends, she wanted a mate. She wanted someone to talk to sometimes and just someone to simply be with.

Zuri tossed her head just enough to get her wild forelock out of her eyes before she answered slowly in her gentle, almost melodic voice, "I suppose I am. Do you have one to offer?"

A soft gust of wind blew then, lifting the ends of her thick, heavy mane and tossing them in her face. Dead leaves danced across the ground by their feet, some of them making it to the clear waters of the stream to be carried away.

Unregistered
As the mare left the white fae standing there for a few moments, Accalia decided to size her up and see if she was adequate for the Assassins. The lady was a dark chocolate brown, perfect for blending into the background at night or in a dark area. Seemingly muscular and strong, Accalia thought she would be decent for the Assassins. Her ears seemed trained on the fae, a sign that she was cautious and alert. But scars were all over her rump, and the mare barely bit back a question to ask what had happened. Thoughts drifted through her mind that maybe it was the cause of a wild animal, like a...tiger. No. Kumal is good, Accalia thought to herself, thinking of the proud member of the Assassin's, Kumal.

The lady seemed quite quiet, only making a small noise of greeting, and when she finally spoke, Accalia heard her melodic voice ring out into the clearing. Though the other lady wasn't much older than her, Accalia still felt self conscious on her rough, youthful voice. The girl thought herself to be ugly, skinny, but in reality she possessed quite a beauty. When the girl was to speak, she tried to sound superficial, professional. "Well, yes I believe I do. We do not inhabit an official herd land, we are more like a traveling group of nomads, but once we get numbers, we will take over land and claim a home for ourselves", Accalia proudly said.

"By the way, my name is Accalia", she said finally remembering some sort of manners. A soft breeze blew through, rustling the tree branches high above, and stirring up leaves. The fae's mane billowed into her face a little bit as she stared at the lady. "What is your name?" She questioned softly, sounding slightly shy.

Unregistered

TAG: Accalia

NOTES: --

WORDS: 622

As Zuri watched the leggy mare before her, she could almost sense an invisible blanket of insecurity that she seemed to be trying hard to shed. Or hide. She seemed younger than Zuri herself, both in stature and the way she seemed to be trying hard to sound grown up and self assured. But the older mare had to give her props; she wouldn't have had the guts to go up to another equine the way this white mare had and ask if she needed a place to call home. Or ask anything for that matter.

Zuri may have spent a lot of her years alone, but she had come into contact with others often enough to be able to develop her skills and sense a lot of these things about her fellow horses. She may not have spent a lot of that time socializing with said horses, but she watched and listened. Watching and listening allowed her to pick up on a lot of things and learn so much more than she would have had she been actively interacting with others. She much preferred to observe rather than join, but she felt she hadn't missed out on much if anything at all.

"Well, yes I believe I do. We do not inhabit an official herd land, we are more like a traveling group of nomads, but once we get numbers, we will take over land and claim a home for ourselves"

The way she spoke about her herd, so proudly, almost made the insecurity vanish. She was making her sales pitch to Zuri, trying to recruit her. And she had to admit...it was almost working. A traveling group? That appealed to her. Zuri had been traveling since she was born, never staying in one place longer than a day or two. She had a feeling that if she tried to quit cold turkey and confine herself to one area she would get restless and have to move on much quicker than she would if she could do it slowly. A roaming herd greatly appealed to her. Perhaps by the time they did get enough numbers to claim land for themselves, she would be ready to settle into one area. Well, if she stuck around that long. The jury was still out on that one.

Cocking her head a bit to the side and fixing her bicolored gaze on the fae in front of her, she opened her mouth to answer but was cut off by the mare shyly introducing herself then asking her name. Zuri smoothly transitioned into introductions without missing a beat, "My name is Zuri. Nice to meet you," then she went back to her original questions, "How many are currently in this herd of yours and how many do you need to claim land for yourselves?"

Another gust of wind tousled the bay mare's heavy mane, blowing it into her face again. This time, Zuri tossed her head high, throwing most of her mane to the opposite side of her neck and her forelock mostly behind her ears. The movement exposed the large, ugly scar that slashed across her chest in a knotted, ropy diagonal. The skin was puckered and pinched there where the two edges had fused themselves back together. It was often a shocking sight to other equines when they first saw it since it was so large and looked out of place on the otherwise beautiful mare. It wasn't like the many different bite marks and old gashes that littered the hide on her rump and flanks. Though those were great in number, they didn't look as severe as the one on her chest and didn't spark as much morbid interest. She hated that scar.

Lev Fence Posts: 26
Windtossed Foothills Warrior
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 41 months
Adoptable

Fence's heart and mind had lifted during his brief time in the Foothills. The land had had a very healing effect on him, he supposed, but it was really all due to the herd. Already he had met so many kind souls, and even led more to the warm shadows of the Foothills' boughs. He had found himself feeling strangely and incredibly loyal to a herd when before he knew he never would have much cared for settling down so quickly. As he remembers parts of himself in snippets, as his name floats back to the tip of his tongue and begins again to sound as if it is his own, he feels healed. The scars of the shadows had yet to fade, leaving his body riddled with marks of a warrior's past, but still there was a bright shine in the young stallion's blue eyes that revealed his spirit.

The evening before, he had carried himself from his new home and back towards the place where he had started his new life in this land. Sharp and early breezes of an Orangemoon morning nip at his heels now, and with a smile stiffened somewhat by his scar, he takes on the challenge of the wind. He sets off at an evenly increasing pace until he is galloping at full speed through the Threshold forest. Leaves kick up at his feet as he moves, careful to avoid the more soaked patches of soil. Even running, the stallion is careful to keep himself clean.

When the trail of the stream appeared, Fence let himself circle and naturally slow. He huffed, blowing a long forelock from where it fell over his sky-colored eyes, and carried himself at an easy trot up the path of the stream. His legs, three white and one black, carried him in a proud and pleased sort of dance up the stream. These woods were not the woods of the mystic woodland or even the foothills, but they would always hold a place in his heart.

Above, sounds of strangers caught in his curved ears and he slowed his pace to draw closer discretely. Summery tones and delicate exchanges flitted through the air, enrapturing him and drawing him in to the warmth of the encounter. Two mares stood by the stream, one speaking of the Assassins, who, even in his short time, Fence had learned were little more than cheating thieves suckling off of the teat of The Grey's success, and the other of a desire for a home. He emerged from a thin veil of shadow, his stance gentlemanly and his expression jovial, and nodded kindly to the bay mare. He let his eyes wander, caught her sturdy build and the scars scattered across her that seemed to mirror his own. Surely she could not have run from the same war? No, he thought. He would have seen her among the clans of refugees, those struggling and lost in the wake of the shadows' destruction.

The trotter shook his head and focused once more on the situation before him. "I'm sorry, miss... Zuri, was it? I couldn't help but overhear that you're seeking a home," he spoke clearly, nodding to her with politeness and casting the white mare a faintly suspicious but still congenial enough glance. "The Grey can offer you a stable place to live, and a family ever at your side," Fence continued with an even smile. His body tensed and lifted as old instincts kicked in; his tangling, mussed braid fo a tail thwacked against his leg idly. "Having lost my own home, The Grey were there for me in my time of need. I owe them much, and know that they would do the same for any other." He spoke truthfully and earnestly. Though he was not one to stoop to the level of the outcast band that had been challenging the members of his home, he would not hide the truth about his own home from her.

Perhaps, having not been offered kindness in so long, The Grey had become his saviors. He had forgotten part of who he was, left behind old mannerisms and traded them instead for newer ones influenced by his surroundings and those he now called his herdmates. He shuddered in the face of a cold wind, letting the ribbons strung loosely in his half-braided mane shiver against his thickening coat. He stepped forward and lowered his head to greet the mare in a gentlemanly fashion. "I am Lev Fence, it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance," he proffered simply and readily.

Even his name had come back to him now, then. If parts of who he had been were to fade, let it be, he thought with a note of finality. He was who he was now: a proud member of The Grey, loyal to his home and those in it.

[[Welcome to Helovia! :)]]

Credits

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali

"Ladies." Her voice came smoothly and without a hint of malice as the Foothills Chieftess came to stand beside her warrior, their coats a stark contrast to one another. It was rare to find the Constrictor in pleasant spirits as she often had to deal with stupidity of others, but she knew when to turn on the charm and that usually came when actively recruiting for her herd. As she stood she recognized the scent of one of the Assassins and her eyes narrowed ever so slightly before her expression relaxed once more. Thankfully Fence gave off an air of calmness that had a soothing affect on the Chieftess and the grizzly that came to stand on her other side. Ktulu allowed Fence to speak as she let her gaze rove over the two mares that had stood talking.

"Zuri." Ktulu said as she looked at the bay mare. "Allow me to introduce myself. I am Ktulu the Constrictor, Chieftess of the Foothills and leader of The Grey along side my sister Ophelia. We would like to extend an invitation to you to join our ranks. We've recently secured home for our own band of nomads." The corners of her mouth twitched, a hint of a smile. "As a member of our herd you would be free to come and go as you please, you would be in no way restricted to with herd's borders. We actually encourage our members to travel, lest you be a warrior who's turn it is to patrol our borders."

Her tail flicked at her hocks as she paused to breathe. "I would have to say that the benefit you'll have most from joining us, is a secure place to return to when you've grown weary from your day's travels." The Chieftess explained. "If ever you were threatened you need only come to us and you would have a warrior at your defense in a heartbeat and a steady supply of food that only a herd land can offer, especially in the dead of winter." She and her own band had learned that the hard way when they'd tried to weather the Frostfall in the forest.

WE ONLY EXIST IN TERMS OF THIS CONFLICT
In the zone where black and white clash

Resurgere | Wroth

Icon by Tay

Unregistered
Accalia felt as if she almost cut off the mare-Zuri, as she continued speaking. She wasn’t trying to force her to join the Assassins, but she felt a certain loyalty to the band, and she wanted them to sound grand, even though they still needed help on increasing their numbers. Accalia wasn’t worrying about that yet. The Assistant herd leader, Tonka has now taken over even though Ignita was still captured in the World’s Edge. “It’s a pleasure to meet you too”, Accalia said, easing in, hoping that maybe she had found a way to convince her to join. The fae wasn’t randomly recruiting just to increase numbers, no. The mare wanted a bigger family, more horses to socialize with, and call part of her heart. Since being a young girl, she wanted others to look after her, and for her to look after others like…a real herd. Loneliness had exposed her to be slightly shy, but now maybe the mare could change that. “Currently, we have seven members, but we are seeking to change that. We don’t just want to get numbers to be powerful, no. We want to recruit more horses to call family”, the words were spoken truthfully from her velvety lips.

“To claim land, we will need about twenty members and more”, the girl truthfully spoke. They had powerful horses, true, and with Kumal’s addition, they had a deadly predator on their side, but herds could overwhelm their small numbers, so they needed to increase. Accalia had heard Adrixaura was pregnant, and on the verge of having a foal, which would increase their numbers by one. Suddenly, while the fae was speaking, a gust of wind blew past, ruffling her golden mane, whipping it into her eyes. But at the same time, the mare whipped her head, moving her mane out of her eyes and witnessing a giant scar on Zuri’s neck. Widening her eyes, Accalia stood quiet, trying to return back to a normal stance. On such a graceful, beautiful mare the scar looked so out of place.

Soon after asking the question, a noise caught itself in Accalia’s ears. Perking up her ears with interest, and turning her head behind her, she saw an almost white stallion with blue eyes. Youthful, and eyeing the ladies intently, he spoke with great interest in their conversation. Speaking kindly to Zuri, but giving a suspicious glance to Accalia, the fae felt the pressure of anger building up inside her chest. Was it another trying to steal away Miss Zuri? Surely not! Returning his stare, but with one of hostility, Accalia watched him carefully, observing markings on his legs, and spotting scars marring his pelt. “Like Lev, said, the Assassins will offer you a family, and even though we are nomads still, we support kindness towards each other. We are family,” the fae spoke convincingly, not wanting to have Zuri go off with the Grey. From what Accalia heard, the Grey was another outcast group, just like the Assassins that over took the Foothills.

Now not only had Lev joined them, but the powerful Ktulu had butted in the conversation. Being polite, Accalia bit her tongue not to come up with a retort. Being young, and inexperienced, she might lose Zuri to them when it came to a convincing battle. “Zuri, we have all the same to offer, freedom, family, protection, but the only thing we lack is an established land”, the fae said, staring intently at the two horses that have joined them. “We invite you to our ranks”, velvety lips opened to let her lyrical words flow through. Fixated on helping the Assassins, she would not let Ktulu nor Lev steal Zuri away so easily. Hopefully, the girl wouldn’t let her emotions get in the way of her reasonable thinking.

Alex the Godspeaker Posts: 11
Master of Mysticism
Mare :: Other :: Very short :: --
Alex
[[Simply to clarify, the Grey is not an outcast group. The Grey is the name of the group that makes up the Windtossed Foothills herd, which lives on the established land of the same name. The assassins have not taken over the Foothills in any manner.]]

Unregistered
[okay! ^^ I know the Assassins didn't take the Foothills. :3 thank you~]

Unregistered
{OOC: I promise I'll be getting a reply up soon! Next week is finals and then I'm FREE for the summer so its been crazy. You'll have one tomorrow night at the latest!}