the Rift

[OPEN] !! Counting

Seele the Necromancer Posts: 210
Deceased atk: 5.5 |
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 hh :: five (ages orangemoon) Buff: NOVICE
Abba
Careful feet placed themselves along the heated black rocks of the Heart. The glass encased liquid wasn't pulsating anymore and a tired expression was plastered upon the mare's face. She had been alone for God knows how long and it was starting to strain on her sanity. How she longed to hear someone's voice again. Was it really too much to ask. With a snort she came to a screeching halt, eyes widening at the fire river she had almost dropped into. Seele really needed to start paying more attention to where she was going. She could kill herself just by accidentally falling into the pits of fire.

Was anyone here?! She needed it all to stop! She didn't want to be alone. It was making her mind go crazy. She didn't like how blank it would get. She didn't like how she was constantly afraid of dying for no reason. But, it's not like she was scared of everything. No. Definitely not. She just didn't want to die. So, with a swish of her tail she looked out toward the burning flames. Her eyes watching as they danced high around er filling her with warmth. A warmth that allowed her to feel safe. Safe even if she wasn't safe. And it was that which allowed her to wait there for a little bit. With a tiny wind blowing it the embers would occasionally catch in her hair, giving her a bit of gentle radiation from her tresses. A glow that only added to her vibrant, yet quiet, personality. It was all so much better this way. Just standing, and waiting, to figure out what to do next. Thinking about what to do. But, really, she was just waiting for some life form to appear around her.

297 words
open to anyone
and this is DoppleSeele
Seele
you better run to survive, before she makes you her latest slaughter
Credits
●☽ ☾●
Glory and Gore go Hand in Hand
That's Why We're Making Headlines
●☽ ☾●

Voodoo Posts: 231
Outcast atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: Eight :: Birdsong HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Ouija :: Arctic Fox :: None Nevada

It was not that many days ago that I was in this very hell hole, but that time I was chasing a bewildered Pegasus that seemed to be drawn to the fiery pit like an insect drawn to a light. Now, I stood in silence, plenty far enough away from the constricting smog that continuously vomited from the earth in large puffs. The dry savanna grass wisped around my long black limbs, tickling at the joints of my knees. Lava churned deep below my solid feet, driving a bubble of air toward the gaping mouth of the huge hole. The air bubble lurched forward, yearning to escape the heat before it completely evaporated. Suddenly it found its way out, a loud popping noise resulting in the snap of lava. The liquid fire lurched in a large spew, hissing at the colder temperature of air, even though it too was scorching.

The loud pop made my unaware senses gasp, causing my lithe body to tense and jump at the same. Red tipped ears pressed forward and I bolted ahead instinctively. Black hooves ripped the dry grass from its' roots in scoops, tossing it aside with ease. I moved effortlessly through the now thinning foliage. My pulse picked up with each heavy breath. Crimson eyes scanned the surrounding land, picking up the unnatural black color quickly. My back feet slowed, then stopped all together, shoveling themselves into the soft soil and dragging me like a reining horse. My thin, but built chest heaved with each breath.

A black and red toned mare stood near the edge of one of the various fiery streams, her hooves almost seeming to reflect the color beside her body. I stood up straight again, eye balling the mare with suspicious eyes. Who had I found now? Red lines rolled down her face in a strange pattern, making her just a little more unique than any other stranger I had come across quite yet. Though, the pattern did remind me of a stallion I had met at home. Only he was stained with an electric blue.

Go on, go talk to her they pecked, attempting to push me forward. So.. of course I listened. Each leg picked up with my naturally long stride, moving toward the mare at a slow pace. She was a fellow unicorn.. why not try to talk to her? I sniffed the air before I stopped across the hot stream, she didn't have a distinct scent on her. Maybe she was a wanderer?

walking "talking" the voices
[Image: f2vjpl.png]

EVERYTHING YOU'RE RUNNING AWAY FROM
IS IN YOUR HEAD
[Image: 5389e9aca8b63]
Please tag him in every post!

Valka Posts: 32
Aurora Basin Mare
Mare :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: 3
tay
      Valka
        you're a wolf

Days and days had marked the time since Valka last set foot south of the Aurora Basin. She could do little to impress the natives while out of their sight – so her thought process led on. Recently though, Valka had recalled the forest she first passed through on her way into Helovia, the way many scents lingered on the branches and the bark. The one who greeted her there had been ugly and ill-tempered, and the more Valka thought on this memory the more certain she became that other unicorns must also go that way, and might also be accosted by the undeserving. And if such unicorns proved less discerning than she? They might end up in the clutches of undesirous beasts. If Valka saved them, on the other hand… She could hear praise from Snö and Mauja already.

Cool breezes whispered through the mare’s long mane and tail as she walked. They quickly died off, though, the further she went. Trees became a corrugated sort of grassland; a strange, warm smell drifted into Valka’s lungs. She realized she was lost and yet kept walking anyway, her temper flaring. How could she so easily forget the way? It was not so long ago… She was no crippled old thing, to be easily mislead… Valka’s hooves crunched over rock and skittered on sparse soil. With a breath rattling in her lungs she hesitated, wondering again at the odd smell in the air. It reminded her a little of the hot springs, but it was alien nonetheless, and suddenly she missed the familiar crack of permafrost, the shelter of trees…

Carefully, the dark mare paced along the rock. Her strange, mismatched eyes picked out the shapes of two unicorns in the distance. Valka’s graceful neck lifted and she uttered a long, clear whinny in greeting before picking up a trot, trusting the proximity to render the terrain safe. She was surprised, then, when a sudden vent of heat rippled across her chest and blew back the long, black ribbons of her mane.

Eyes rolling, Valka hesitated, haunches quivering with the full burden of her lanky body’s weight. ”Fire!” she yelled, clambering away from the brilliant stream. Fire in the ground? She had obviously stumbled on some strange new hell. Sweat glistened on the mare’s lean sides as she leapt sideways and scrambled toward the strangers, nostrils flaring. She didn’t know them, but she knew the swords fastened to their brows made them kin. Her hooves slipped and cracked loudly on the hard earth, but at last she stood, sides heaving, near the male and let her wild eyes run over them both. ”Valka,” she said at last. The foreign scent in the air confused her senses; did the one nearest smell just faintly of pine and frost? She wasn’t sure; she whipped her tail against shivering haunches and watched them with uncertain eyes. In such a place, her brain was fast deciding, even the most certain allies could prove dangerous.

Hana Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
[Image: 30k7diw.png]
Credits; Colourize-Stock.deviantart.com venomxbaby.deviantart.com Photomanipulator; Frostie-Spirits.deviantart.com

H A N A
And I won't lie they keep me on my toes these days.

She had not been out here before, but staying away from The Grey while she still hadn't done her spar punishments was a big deal for Hana. She was scared of the pain, the blood and the damage she would have to inflict back to gain approval from her leaders and her sister. Gosh, her sister was the one who had set up this punishment fro her. After the punishment was set and Ktulu had wondered off to hide in her shadows again Lakota and Hana had a screaming match. It had actually horrified her. All it had done was left Hana on her knees begging for forgiveness. But now she was going to face Archilbald the Duntless in the area and no doubt her sister would be lurking in the shadows ready to yell at her for not sparring properly. The entire prospect of failing her sister just pissed her off more and Hana found herself no able to just lie around and think about it. She needed to get up and do something. She she started to walk and she didn't stop for at least a day or so. Time passing was irrelevant to her in this state of mind, Hana just wanted to shut everyone else, hole up inside herself and ignore those who wanted to hurt her, please her and scare her. Mentally Hana knew that she just wasn't strong enough for any games.

The area was boiling hot, fire was all around her, engulfing her. Only she didn't care. Healing magic would come in use, she would be able to heal herself should any fire suddenly burst out from the ground. Her tail was held high to avoid it being singed in the heat or any small flames. The length was something that she was rather impressed about, her pretty hair. Had she really become so shallow because of her pain? A huff of annoyance and frustration fluttered around her stomach. Followed by a harsh swallow to stop tears spilling out of her eyes. She could honestly say that she was confused if she hated herself, her sister or her leaders. However she was sure that the feeling would subside once the spars where over. Her hooves where careful in picking out a destined path, nervous even. "What if the ground breaks away and I fall into the pit of bubbling hell?" It was a sarcastically quiet muttered question. Still her pissed feeling could be heard in her voice. The mask she wore on her face was just calm and collected though.

Thinking she had heard a voice Hana wonders over to where she thought the tone had come from. At the moment she didn't care if she ran into friend or foe. Maybe if she returned to the Foothills battered and bruised Lakota would care about her again. Ruby orbs searched through the some from where the voice had come from. Unfortunately only her own shadow could be seen around in the dense smoke. It was actually starting to make her eyes water. Just as the thought of turning around and finding her way out of this hell hole crossed her mind, her eyes spotted three figures. She spotted them all in turn. Choosing to greet the dark mare with red on her body and a see through horn, Hana cleared her throat. Her footsteps where slow, and delicate. Thoughtful, all of the figures around her were unicorns. She honestly hoped none of them were racist. "Hello." The other mare introduced herself as Valka. A smirk on Hana face, as she tried to appear collected around the others. "I'm Hana"

Seele the Necromancer Posts: 210
Deceased atk: 5.5 |
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 hh :: five (ages orangemoon) Buff: NOVICE
Abba
The little carbon coloured mare shifted her feet ever so slightly as she flexed out her back. The heat relaxing the taut muscles from something she couldn't remember. It seemed as if she had been through a lot more than she could remember. But, really, she could never remember running too much, or fighting a lot, so this didn't make too much sense in her mind. Loud pops and hisses flooded her ears. But, a more distinct sound caught her attention. Tonight must be the night for the travelers to wander through the pits of hell. Rivers of fire that crackled and shot out in an attempt to snag your legs and drag you back down into it's depth with it covered the land. Nostrils flared, the mare watched with slight unease and the first one appeared at the edge of the fogged smoke just in time to hear the sound of "Fire!" escape what seemed to be another mare's maw and then the clacking of hooves as they rushed to get out of the way of the taunting element. The stag stopped relatively close to her but didn't say anything. Seele tilted her cranium just a little in questioning before the mare she had heard prior rushed up, sliding to a halt next to the male. Wild eyes graced over both of them as if to take them in. And with a still shaken voice the mare offered her name, "Valka" and that was all.

A gentle grin raised Seele's maw up in the corners as she bobbed her head, "Seele, my dear," she offered before lifting her head back up to the sound of yet another approaching. The other mare's hooves clicked softly against the hard rock, as if she were trying desperately to not make too much noise. And her placement of flints of cautious. Obviously, she was wondering if they were racist. Seele could say she wasn't, she didn't really care one way or another. But she wasn't sure of the others. With a kind look in her yellow orbs she met the Ruby ones of the equine mare before she said "Hello and offered her name, "I'm Hana" A smirk was upon her face, but Seele could tell it was one from discomfort. A gentle bob of Seele's head in welcome as she turned to completely face the group before her, "And your name, sir?" she requested, a gentle tilt of her cranium as she peered over toward his lingering frame, "I can promise that I won't bite," she mused with a tiny smirk upon her face, a giggle glinting in her eyes as they quickly scanned the group before her once more.

462 words
Dopple Seele
I usually write more, just gotta get used to her as a Dopple...
And it's still open if anyone else wants to jump in! Just remember to try and keep to the same order
tagging:
Voodoo, Valka, and Hana
SEELE
Credits
●☽ ☾●
Glory and Gore go Hand in Hand
That's Why We're Making Headlines
●☽ ☾●

Voodoo Posts: 231
Outcast atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: Eight :: Birdsong HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Ouija :: Arctic Fox :: None Nevada

The bi-colored female before me tilted her lithe face, her eyes watching beyond me for a moment before returning to meet my fiery gaze. The lazy river of fire moved at the speed of molasses, randomly hissing and spitting at whatever crossed its wicked path. Ears rotated back seconds before my skull followed what the mare must have been listening to.

A black mare, dusted in a sheet of white across her belly, stammered toward us with lanky legs. She seemed frightened about something, but what I had no idea. Black hooves slapped the dry earth loudly as she approached us in a swift movement, quickly enough for me to take an awkward step to my left, hoping to not touch the wild female. She broke her stride and stopped next to me, introducing herself as Valka shortly after the strange show she had put on ended.

This mare smelled much more familiar, just like home. The scent was comforting to dry nostrils. The air here was so dehydrated that I often wondered when blood would begin to flow from either nare. Ears pitched forward and I glanced between the two mares once again. Dry lips parted, nearly introducing myself. Another group of hooves clattered across the dead earth.

My crimson eyes fell over the first equine I had ever seen. She was plain, yet pretty. Her confidence seemed high as she approached the three-some of unicorns, something that I would not expect from a stranger. I had been accused as a killer, a murderer so many times already. Blood shed was something that I had not yet committed myself. Once again, the original female across the stream introduced herself, followed by the equine. Seele and Hana? All three named wrapped around my brain, awkwardly twisting through deep crevasses until they found themselves half locked into my memory.

Seele questioned my name, taunting me with a flirty tone shortly after word. I pictured the fluttery mare I had first met here, attempting to flirt with me while we were picking our way through a dark, dank cave. "Voodoo." I paused, sucking in a short, dry breath before continuing, "I'm from the Basin." A smirk toyed with the tight, emotionless line of my lips. The corners of my mouth tugging up into a friendly grin for a second or two.

[Ooc; I cannot apologize enough for how long it has taken me to reply! My internet was down for what seemed like forever. I sorry, :s ]
walking "talking" the voices
[Image: f2vjpl.png]

EVERYTHING YOU'RE RUNNING AWAY FROM
IS IN YOUR HEAD
[Image: 5389e9aca8b63]
Please tag him in every post!

Valka Posts: 32
Aurora Basin Mare
Mare :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: 3
tay
      Valka
        you're a wolf

For no easily discernable reason, they all seemed drawn to this small spot in hell. Valka’s head lifted when the noise of more hooves moved in the distance; her ears then slowly tilted back when the image of a hornless creature solidified in her vision. Hana, the equine introduced herself. Valka’s gaze remained on the dark hide for a long moment, sizing the creature up, before she glanced at the other unicorns. Did they feel the same way she did? Seele’s expression was positively kind… Valka uttered a soft snort under her breath. Perhaps Seele had better experiences than she; perhaps the other mare was simply ignorant.

Despite her small irritation with the other mare, Valka found herself liking this Seele the more she spoke – with a sort of laughing, amused tone. It was a heartening sound; Valka felt at ease around the mare and so turned her attention mostly to the stallion nearest her, who had not yet spoken. He had strange markings, Valka observed – as if he had dipped his muzzle in bright red water. One of her ears remained trained on the equine, prepared for it to act out any moment now, but Valka supposed she might be best served merely watching and waiting. Anyway – the stallion at last answered Seele’s question, and Valka’s dampened spirits lifted with a little jolt – he was Basin!

”You are my herdmate then,” she replied eagerly, shuffling her front hooves a bit. ”I am also of the Basin.” Abruptly, Valka swung her head to blink at Seele, ignoring the equine entirely save for the flick of one ear in that direction and the occasional sideways glance. ”And you, lady Seele? Are you a wanderer or do you have a herd?”