the Rift

Still Alive [O]

Jordyn Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
of all the colors that you've shined,
this is surely not your best
A cool air sweeps through the trees, gathering dying leaves and whirling them around in what seems like a mini tornado. Walking straight for the dust and dead vegetation, I wait for the wind to smack my face and twirl the hair around my horns. Each curly tendril shying away as if the poor dears had their heart scared right from the inside of their thin selves. As if hair has a heart but it is apart of me, perhaps a tiny amount of my heart is whipped around and ruled so hatefully. Oh don't be silly Jordyn, of course not. Its freaking hair.

Cloven hooves spread across the dirt as I make my way closer to the swirling bits of dead leaves and picked up dust particles. The craters I call my nares twitch in annoyance and sensitivity to the smell. Buttermilk skin, smooth as silk, dances across the scene with each step taken. Striped hooves falling beneath me, coming to a complete halt as I watch the tiny storm, that could do no harm... stop. Dark brown hair slung against my neck and began to calmly rest there. The long flowing hair on my tail though, slapped roughly against the darkened hocks of my rear end and began to twist tendrils around my legs.

Leaves slowly fell to the earth again and I am left bored and alone in the quiet of the cold. Night is rushing in. Another night I'm left to fend for myself and sulk in the corners of no where. This is not home, this is not where I belong. Of course, I belong no where. Just a speck in the mud. Having no true need at the moment. I need something to pick me. Life must get rid of me or bring me some sort of duty. I've traveled for years now alone. Please, somebody, feel my call.

[ooc- shitty yes, I know. forgive me, i just haven't quite figured her out yet]

Tonka Posts: 87
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18 hh :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Sky

The dark bay brute wandered once again in the Threshold, ready to recruit anyone willing to follow in the path of him. His silver curved horn’s tip pointed high in the air, and his massive head was dipped down. His maw directed to the ground, but his eyes observing the earth in front of him. Wind blew in his handsome face as he trotted around the trees that blocked his path. For some reason, this brute was in a giddy mood today. Perhaps it was because he had just gotten released from the Foothills and, along with that, had made a comrade with one of their leaders, Ophelia.

His black hooves hit the ground with such force, it made the ground seem to quiver under him. He lifted his muzzle that pointed down into a straight position. His silver flecked eyes still scanned the area. His ears erect and his nostrils flaring with each scent that wandered to him. Suddenly, a fresh scent prickled at the large steed’s nose and a sly smile came to his lips. He knew that this thing was not far away. He could scent it was a horse, a unicorn maybe, and at this point a figure popped into his sight. She had an Arabian build, but yet seemed to not be purebred. She looked pretty from afar, her gleaming sandy body with splashes of white. Ram horns curved out from behind her ears. Long curly hair sprouted from her hind end and from the top of her neck, adding to her elegant and feminine figure. He was now close enough to see the green eyes of the mare, and he recorded her scent. She reeked of the dense forest that they were standing in.

Tonka stopped once he was standing in front of her. The moon was rising to the sky and the sun was beginning to hide. A kind smile and warming eyes, unusual for Tonka, came to his face. “Hello there, and welcome to Helovia. I am Tonka, leader of the small group the Assassins. What is your name?” Orange and red leaves danced down from the trees above, as the massive brute looked down to her, giving her the reassuring look that said, that he did have a home to offer her and that he would be more than willing to help her be safe.
!

Credits!!

Tajheri Posts: N/A
Unregistered
   TAJHERI</style>
  i won't describe all the pain that i will bring upon you
look in my eyes, or did the shame destroy your vision
</style>

Tajheri rolled his eyes as he moved his way through the Threshold, Slade already several paces ahead of him dodging in and out of the brush. "Be nice." he had been told. "Be courteous." They said. "It's not that hard. Don't cuss at anyone. Don't threaten anyone. And don't make that face!" Well what the hell was he supposed to do? Just stand there and look sexy. Oh yeah, he could do that. He was hot stuff. But how the hell was he supposed to get anyone to join him and go back to the Foothills if he wasn't allowed to speak?

Yips from Slade alerted the stallion to something ahead and his pace picked up into a smooth trot, one that allowed his muscles to ripple under a glossy, yet scarred coat. The coat of a warrior. The coat of a Son of Mandrake. It still gave him pleasure to know that the bitch was finally dead and he was free, though his heart still had that strange heaviness and he was still plagued with flashbacks to a time he couldn't remember.

When he arrived Slade was dancing circles around two individuals, her yips that of an excited pup who meant no harm to anyone. Her master, on the other hand, was a threat to anything with a pulse. A 'brow' raised when he saw it was Ophelia's old prisoner who had confronted a mare and despite his warnings the stallion snorted. "'Lo there, Tonka." he said to the stallion, hiding the grin that threatened to curl his lips. "My lady." Oh, that was so weird coming from his lips, but he needed to be charming and personable.

What a joke.

"Welcome to Helovia, ma'am. May I offer you shelter from the coming night? It'll be a cold one. Frostfall is fast approaching." Slade had stopped dancing and stood several paces away from the mare, her dainty head cocked to the side and one ear tilted forward. What was going on?

Valka Posts: 32
Aurora Basin Mare
Mare :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: 3
tay
      Valka
        you're a wolf

At last, Valka’s slender figure passed through the dappled shadows of the Threshold forest. She recalled this place, but in a different time – when heat baked the earth to a sullen brick, when green leaves whispered for the merest breath of wind or drop of water. Now the air was crisp, and some of the foliage turned brittle. The change put a spring in Valka’s step; she was quite proud of herself here, really, and the intensity of her gaze as it swept the trunks bled triumph. She was, of course, getting ahead of herself, but she knew she would find a good, strong unicorn here to add to her herd. They couldn’t waste time on just anyone, but neither could they afford to let good souls into the wrong hands… Valka thought of her disastrous first day here and shook her head.

She missed the Basin already, but she persevered until the noise of voices caught her ears. Male, she thought, expression souring. They were unfamiliar, as well. With long, smooth strides Valka approached, noting the sweep of a proud horn above the largest creature’s brow – and he was large, his crown rising even higher than her own and his frame heavy with muscle. The other wore no horn; he was at least of manageable size. Battle lines already drawn in her mind, Valka nodded to herself and skirted the yammering hound that danced now around the mare at the center of it all: an obvious newcomer, and no doubt confused as Valka herself had been only a short time ago.

”I would caution against accepting shelter from anyone so thin-skinned as to call this weather cold,” announced Valka. Her eyes flicked only briefly over the equine, full of venom. She focused on the mare, though, careful to place herself away from both studs and the dog and careful to keep her tone neutral. Friendly. Friendlier than either of the arrogant, muscle-bound creatures already present. ”My name is Valka,” she added. ”Might I know yours?” Studying the mare only was fast proving difficult; every instinct screamed that she should watch the big stallion, the first potential threat Valka had met with in a long time. Was he dangerous? She couldn’t be sure, but she disliked his stance, and she smelled nothing of the Basin on him; one ear trained on the stranger and she kept him in periphery as she waited for the other mare to make a move.

Jordyn Posts: N/A
Unregistered
of all the colors that you've shined,
this is surely not your best
Sounds caught my attention, possibly the only thing that alerted me someone was coming. Completely losing my thought I stopped to stare at the darkened form as the sun behind me began to set. A polite smile parted my lips as I watched him make his dance towards me. My tail lit itself alight, climbing high and arching perfectly so my hair danced atop my rump and tangled between my hocks. To see someone after being alone for so long my heart raced with happiness and horror. How do you act? How can I know I've not gone crazy? Though he speaks now, close enough for me to reach forward and nuzzle his nose if I took a step or two. I began to answer him, though the words leaked moments from the time my lips parted. I'd forgotten how to discuss something, how to even use vocals anymore. Luckily they follow though, streaming in the familiar sound of heaven, my own lyrics tuned beautifully "Tonka, a pleasure to meet you, they call me Jordyn." A smile packed kindly upon my face, never eroding the slightest bit. Standing tall with my muscles coiled in slight readiness for whatever this night brings. To say I was relaxed would be a lie but I am not tense in all means.

More sounds began to drive to my ears, plunging deep into my ear drums. An annoying sound that made me cringe in hostility. A fire beginning to dance within my skin. A boy and his dog arrive, pup I should say. Instantly I began to move my hooves backwards but slightly towards the way of Tonka. Allowing the circle much room for the bay and his nuisance. "Evening." my head dipping as I spill out the soft tones, edged in a tight choking, as he closes his mouth from 'My lady.' Thoughtful and kind perhaps but he looks rough, rough enough for my eyes to be keen to his movements. I stand there. Watching him smoothly, green eyes filtering out his imperfections. "Shelter? I do believe I can manage for now but thank you sir." who was I to know he wasn't in the mood for a nice kill. I know not of him, I may be able to handle myself but battle wounds upon this hide will not look of beauty. This skin is all I have left to entertain myself.

Another arrives, yet mare this time and she has slightly cut in at the last of my word 'sir.' no I am not annoyed but slightly confused as to where she arrived from. Her smell had yet to be noticed and just her coat was not seen by my eyes. Her words slightly amuse me, a slight diss on the brown hornless stallion. The smile that haunted my lips curls to a decietful grin. Green eyes flicker to Tonka before I set my attention back to Valka, "Darlin, they call me Jordyn." I am more comfortable now that I am not the only female. Though my body still sways to the safety of Tonka. I do not know him but he approached me first, he's the biggest of us all, and after all he's the leader of the Assassins. I do believe he can manage a fair fight and save a damsal in distress along the way.

[ooc- I may be slow to reply, we've had storms come through and the power has been out on/off for a while now :/ sorry guys! bear with me.]

Tonka Posts: 87
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18 hh :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Sky

Tonka looked directly into Jordyn’s eyes as she spoke. Her voice sounded like a sweet paradise, but the handsome brute could tell by the look of her that she had not had company in a while. He was happy to be talking to her. He did not know why, but this was a good day for himself. He did not usually like the company of others, but she seemed like she needed a friend, and that’s what Tonka would give her. “It is delight to meet you too, Jordn…” Just as Tonka was about to finish, a new horse and his pet had arrived. His dog, no his puppy, started to circle them and Jordyn came a bit closer to the brute. A frown broke his blissful smile. Why had this mule have to come right when he thought he had found a new member, a new horse to protect and give a family.

As he spoke, Tonka glared at him. He knew this stallion was a fake, just by the way he held himself. The muscular brute hoped that Jordyn would see this too, and not trust him. A black hoove hit the ground with distress, making the earth below him shake a little. The dark bay, instinctively, took a defensive step towards the other brute, showing him that he was in no mood for a fight. Velvet ears pricked forward as they began to talk. He scanned their words over in his mind, making sure that he could out rule the bay’s words with his.

Just as the steed was going to speak, a new mare popped up. Though he was getting a bit jealous that the horses kept appearing out of nowhere, he let his guard down a little as the grey mare came closer. She seemed to study him and seemed taking mental notes of his appearance and scent. He could see that she paid more attention to his size and his curved horn than anything else. With that, he stiffened his body a bit higher and raised his arched neck a bit more straight. Words went back and forth through the two mares. A slight chuckle rose from the dark stallion’s throat as Valka belittled the snake-like bay steed. Tonka noticed the delicate tan and white splashed mare flicker her beautiful green eyes towards him. He gazed back at her with his silver speckled navy blue eyes. He could feel that warm smile growing back on him face.

Now sure that they were done talking, the large brute spoke with his deep, slightly kind voice, “Jordyn, I just want you to know that I offer you a home with mine. We might not reside in an established herd land, but I do have a family to give to you. We might not have the largest numbers in the Assassins, but we sure do care and protect for each other. My home is yours if you would like.”

Credits!