the Rift

Forget Your High Society {Spar | Kumal}

Chemical Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em, know when to walk away and know when to run.

Alliances formed under stressful situations were often alliances that stayed. Alliances made on a trip to becoming power hungry were often ones that died. However, when you needed these alliances to not only be allies but your friends and even family, that's when they became a crutch. None of us should forget the fact that crutches can be broken and you can be stabbed in the back. That is why I was cautious as of late. Especially with the tiger that was right in front of me.

"I personally think that we both could use training in such an area as fighting. In that manner, perhaps we could have a spar?"

It was windy and the grasses were shifting sending a sound of rustling all around us in these beautiful fields. I had tasted these grasses one time and here I returned. The aroma was absolutely stunning but I forgot what they called it. Heavenly Fields or something along those lines. The mist was very vague today but then again, it was night when I came out last time.

"I would prefer no magic in that case. You may strike first or in other words, I challenge you to a spar."

I take a few steps back to put about 10 yards in between us so I at least have time to prepare. Instinctively, a wicked looking smile crosses upon my face. Oh so many times had I fought off creatures. My smile widens and I thrust my wings out to their defensive stature, much like how an owl does. However, in that move, I also am preparing for something I was well acquainted with.

[[OOC: Cheesy and corny post that I promise will get better. xP So we'll do four posts each, no magic, no companions, and yeah. :3]]

[[Post: 1/5
WC: 281 Words (They'll get better, I promise!)
Summary: Chem challenges Kumal to a spar then stands back and is prepared for any moves.]]

You never count your money when you're sittin' at the table.
There'll be time enough for countin' when the dealin's done.

gas mask< a href="http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/friesian%20horse">horsepattern

Kumal Posts: 18
Banned
Stallion :: Other :: 3 feet :: 7
Roo

DIMENSIONS
THE DEATH OF DREAMS SING HALLELUJAH IN MY NAME

Heavenly fucking fields. I honestly did not care for the name. I did not see how this place was heavenly in anyway but then I suppose my idea of heaven isn't fluffy bunnies hopping around in a field full of such pretty flowers. It was more like....fire from the pit of hell pouring out across the land, with thin weaving paths being your only way of traveling and if just a paw was misplaced, it was almost certain death.

Yes, now that was my ideal heaven.

The wind whistled in my ears, eyes fixed to the ground so it didn't sting them. In the distance I could see the figure of Chemical. Bitch. I thought but at the same time I headed towards her, knowing she was friend not foe despite how much she had annoyed me. Even though she claimed to call me a dog metaphorically I still took it as an offence, and why shouldn't I? She didn't know how fucking wrong it was to call a cat a dog.

Now in front of her there were no introductions just talk about fighting. I nod my dark head slowly in agreement to the spar. I also agreed to the no magic simply because, I had no magic. As she steps back I make no movement but watch until she has gone back far enough so that I could have a good running leap at her. I bear a threatening growl aimed at her. We were on the same side, yes, but I had a grudge against her to the dog thing and until I let out some steam on her, I was going to hold that grudge.

She was about five or six meters away now and with a bursting growl I pounce forward. If I was a horse I would be galloping; but I am not a horse, so I am running. I gain on her then when I was close enough, I leap at her chest, slightly to the right side. My claws are drawn, glinting and eager to draw blood from her chest. My mouth is wide open, ready to dig into her skin with some force although not a lot because I didn't want to cause her to much damage, just a bit of well earned pain.

"Hear Me ROAR!"

OOC: --- :: WC:W384 :: Summary: Leaps at her chest, trying to bit her.

Unregistered

You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em, know when to walk away and know when to run.

Just I thought, the brute charged me with an open mouth and flesh hungry claws. My wings had been prepared for flight and I calculated the the exact moment of which I was to take off. Every second Kumal closed in on me was a second closer to take off time. My wicked smile twisted into a snarl and my teeth were bared. As I watched the body language of him, he entered a stance that I could recognize as him about to pounce.

It was in that moment that I thrust my wings out and leaped backwards in a half-rear stance. I leaped into the air, flapping my large black wings and gaining altitude with every one, rapidly. I spiraled into the air, and watched as the male's lunge came complete from above. The distance between me and the ground grows to the point where the mist of the fields is beginning to slightly harbor the sight of the fields below.

Then, I spot him. In that moment, I enter a nose dive and tuck my wings close to my body. My front legs are tucked close to my body and my hind legs are put straight out. My usually genetically inherited and craned neck is now straightened out as much as possible. The arch, however, allows some of the resistance to lower incredibly. My eyes are scrunched from the air whipping my face but after countless trips from the sky, it is something I'm used to. My mane and tail appear like a thin banner whipping behind me fast enough to point where the individual strands look like a blur.

As I come closer to the ground, I spot him once more and aim for a hard hit. Perhaps to teach this douchebag a lesson. He was apparently new to the concept of allies. Like I had stated before, I do not put up with bullshit. But hey, give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach him how to fish and he can eat forever. I didn't suppose that had to reach just towards good things. The bastard wanted respect yet did not return it. He was still on my team though and with that, I must be sure that my hits will not injure him too immensely lest I reach the point of no return. Tonka would most definitely not approve.

Once I pinpointed Kumal, I shifted my wings away from my body to catch the wind the right way to make my mark. The problem was, Kumal would probably move out of my way. To fix that problem, I shot my wings out just in time and closed in on Kumal, hoping for all hooves to strike. I glided as I went it for a hit, aiming for the torso. I flapped my wings to get resistance and to soften the potential blow.

WC: 481
Summary: Dodges Kumal's attack by leaping back and taking flight. Hovers and then enters a dive when she spots Kumal. Closes in on Kumal, then thrusts wings out at last minute and glides over ground to strike Kumal with all hooves. Kind of like a hawk would his prey.

Banned
Roo

Although we were meant to be on the same side tension still gripped the atmosphere. Our previous encounter with each other had gone down badly and I had left early to allow them to continue on there little gathering without me. Anyway, other things needed doing and I wasn't going to waste my time with chit chat when other things could be done, more important thing like rescuing their bloody members which (I think) have been held prisoner for longer than a few weeks. It made me angry to think that they could have been trapped for longer than a week, despite not knowing them and despite just joining. It was all going to change though, and this, this was practice.

With jaws ravenous for flesh all four paws meet then my powerful hind legs push me of, up into the air with extreme power. My front legs outstretched, claws ready to dig themselves into her flesh. I was not prepared though, for her to totally dodge my attack, respond to it defensively yes, but not dodge it. My leap could only take me so far and in just a few seconds, but in that short time she had stepped back far enough and then elevated herself into the air. What the fuck? When my front paws landed on the ground she was high above me, my eyes pressed against the top of my skull, searching desperately for the winged bitch to find what next mad set of movements she was going to make.

A snarl escapes from my jaw, lips curling up each side, my body in a stance so that I could my head easily lifted. My legs stretched out, ready to move quickly and with power. Her large, muscular figure loomed above, swooping down with her legs tucked under her body. From under her I snarl, watching her closely and plotting my movements. As she swarms in closer I prepare myself turning my body so that I am facing the same way she is then count down till she is right above my head, thrusting her wings out. I spring, upwards at her belly, her legs scraping past my the fur on my head. I twist my body round so that I am faced with the bottom of her black pelt. My front legs outstretched, aiming to cling under her belly, behind her elbow. Then, hopefully with my claws dug in her skin, I could bring my back legs up and dig my back claws in front of her thighs. My neck also lunges out, teeth snapping at her belly.

"blah blah blah."

OOC: Sorry this has took a while :| | WC: 433 | Summary: waits under her, heads both the same way, for her attack. When she spreads her wings he jumps, twisting his body and basically tries to grip onto her belly and bite her.

KUMAL

LET ME SHOW YOU HOW A TIGER FIGHTS.

Unregistered

My attack... had missed! They almost never missed! Anger surged through my body but I had to remain calm. I could channel that energy into strength. The more I put in, the same commensurate level I would get out. After all, I did not get angry, I got even.

However, this time, he got me. I somehow sped over him and he managed to sink his claws right into my flank behind my front legs, slightly. Damn it! The crimson liquid began to slightly soak out on my black coat. It was a pretty good move, I could admit. The pain searing up my body was proof of that. However, I couldn't show admiration nor weakness. With that, I turned the pain into a wicked, twisted smile and jerked my head in his direction while pulling my body away rapidly. My mouth was wide open and my teeth were aiming straight for his head. I was hoping to get a hard and nasty bite behind his skull or somewhere in that area. At least to the point where I could knock his head off track so he could miss.

His hind legs failed to reach their target and my front legs hit the ground hard which sent a jolt up through my body. I hoped that this shockwave would knock him off of me.

Once my hind legs hit the ground, I whirled around and lunged for his body. My Friesian-molded figure allowed me the flexibility and agility to maneuver with ease and speed and I lunged this helped me move quickly. My front legs were out but bent slightly so I could brace for possible ground impact. My neck was arched and in a defensive state so I could dodge a possible swipe to the face, neck, or head. My teeth were bared and ready to lunge as well so I might could get a strike in.

WC: 320 Words
Summary: Glides over Kumal with wings out but Kumal manages to sink his claws into her flank behind her legs. Chemical slings her hind around rapidly so Kumal cannot manage to get his hind claws there fast enough. Chemical lunges her bared teeth at the base of Kumal's skull to possibly either bite him or knock his aim off completely. Quickly establishes her footing and rapidly lunges at him with neck arched and ready and sharp hooves aimed for him.
OOC: I felt like Kumal was being dodged too much so I let him have a pretty good hit. :-)

gas maskhorsepattern

Banned
Roo

Claws...in flesh. The satisfying feeling of puncturing the skin and crimson liquid trickling down my paw brought me much, much pleasure. Partly because, well, she had downright pissed me of and secondly because it was the first time I had dug them into the skin of a prey of this size in a while. In felt good, not having to restrain my tiger instincts but at the same time I knew I couldn't let them get out of hand, no matter how desperate I was to. They were for later, at the rescue of that girl who had been taken prisoner; and for foals, many, many foals.

I couldn't grapple her with my back claws though. I dug in my front claws more into her skin, to hurt as well as grip so I didn't fall and get trampled by her. Her neck arched, jaw wide open and closing in on my head. Instincts told me to protect the most vulnerable part of my body, my head so I dodge it from her teeth, pulling my neck in as far as I could but sacrificing my ear. Teeth clamp down over the softer part at the top, a burning pain surging down and giving me a horrible ear ache in both ears. I could feel blood trickling down into the inside of the gripped one, tickling and making me want to twitch it but I couldn't unless I would the pain to before more intense. I tighten my grip on her flesh, still trying to lift my back legs up to grab her flank to. I tried to use her own legs to give me a leg up, tail working to keep me balance.

Luckily for her, she doesn't rip my ear and her grip lets go and I can finally twitch it. However, her hooves slam down on the floor, jolting my body and grip loosening and finally I drop with a heavy thud, quickly rolling to the side so her back legs don't slam down on my and away from her body. I flip my body up right into a defensive stance, snarling and growling, bloody coloured eyes searching for her. I was faced with a black flash, her mane being whirled round in the wind, and as she lunged at me, I throw my body at her. My front legs were wide, ready to 'hug' her round the neck with deadly claws at the ready to grip tight for if my attack landed and her attempts to throw me of her face became desperate. My jaws was hanging open, teeth aiming to clamp around the front of her face, lightly however, not wanting to hurt her too much, we were on the same side after all.

"blah blah blah."

OOC: I just wanted to say, that I am really enjoying this spar:) | WC: 460 | Summary: Scrabbling at her back legs to try and grip her near the flank with his back claws, possible very light scratching. Takes the bite to his head on the ear then falls when her front hooves land, rolling out the way of her back legs. Immediately stands then when he sees her lunging at him he leaps at her face, almost like her is going to hug her but obviously not O.o

KUMAL

Unregistered

Retaliation. Oh, how it was sweet. It wasn't quite in the amount that I would have liked to have been, no, but it was there. The bite was successful and I could tell, hurtful. He jerked away from his own planned attack with his teeth. I let go before I ripped it off, that small voice in the back of my head telling me that we were still allies. The taste of his blood entered my mouth and I wickedly smiled again with pleasure. That metallic taste in my mouth had not been felt in such a long time.

As I lunged, so did Kumal. He had his paws coming with claws unsheathed. He was aiming to use those nifty little needles on me again and I had to think rapidly in just about half a second. I had jumped before him though and thus, I was above him more. I was also a lot taller than him at the withers. This gave me the advantage to try and take my already-in-action front legs and attempt to swat his down, forcefully. However, I had another problem; his mouth was open and ready to bite, aiming for my arched neck.

I had prepared for an attack to the head or neck, hence why it was arched the way it was ever since my lunge began. To counterattack this, I knew I had to get away from his mouth. IF he was aiming for neck, then why the hell should I not? I jerked my head up to act like I was coming from above, then juked rapidly and aimed for under his chin with teeth bared, all the while trucking forward. If we collided, it would probably be like two trains clashing together.

I flung out my wings and forcefully flapped them my for more momentum, bracing for possible impact from claws, his body, or other. Oh, how it had been so long since I had used this move. If the clash was as I expected it to turn out as, then I would kick off again and spiral into him, much like a rotating spear head.

Summary: When Kumal lunges at the already lunging Chemical, she bares her teeth from above to make him think that she is going to strike from there, but jukes him and aims for under his chin, at his neck, knowing a good blow could knock him out. She continues to charge, hoping to collide and possible trample him. She flaps her wings for even more momentum in the charge. If he continued to barrel into her, she would kick off into a spiral and use her wings to drill into him, kind of.
OOC: Had to finish strong. Was an awesome spar thread and we'll definitely have to do this again! Awesome job! :-D

Banned
Roo

Although she was taller and could ram me and crumple my body if she caught me unawares I did have my own skills in their area of fighting. The easy ones to point out where my teeth and claws and then I was also a much larger tiger then most, I completely beasted my brother in fact, who was pretty small compared to me. My body held almost no fat, except for the obvious padding to protect my inner shell but I was mainly a bulk of muscle and despite the mares obvious height over me, I was pretty sure that, if a wolf could jump up 5 foot or so, I could jump higher and thus to the height of her head at least.

I would not back down from her attack. Her blunt teeth scraping against each other was nothing compared to the fangs inside my jaw which hung wide open, a ravenous roar erupted from inside my belly to thunder out my jaw with the force and volume of a volcano. My eyes focused on her neck as her head was chucked back. Stupid girl. I know had a perfect place to grip on her, under her neck, a very vulnerable place of her body to say the least. We were each getting closer and closer by the millisecond and the longer her neck was bare, the more I wanted it it gripped between my jaws, claws dug in either side of her neck and back legs scrabbling at her chest for even more grip.

However she wasn't going to make this easy. I almost couldn't work out what she was going, she seemed to move out the war and outsmart my move at which point I instantly branded her as a coward and then attempted to bash me under the chin which would of sent a searing pain though and head and would have resulted in one hell of a headache. Seeing through her move though I tuck my head to my chest, snapping my jaws together so they weren't knocked together. She missed though, not nearly scraping past my head.

She charged on forward though, her hooves thundering along the ground, brushing though all the thistles which my back legs were now clear of the long thistles and reaching forward, still fixed on her neck. my arms were still outstretched, my jaw now reopened and ready to dig deeply into her flesh. I was almost certain we would clash now. Her body would shudder all my bones from her sheer voice and my teeth and claws would dig deep into her skin and flesh, sort of like a win win situation really.

"blah blah blah."

OOC: Again I wanted to say how much I enjoyed it, just your defence left now:) | WC: 447 | Summary: Responds to her bearing teeth with a growlingroarthing. Dodges her trying to get him under the chin by tucking in his head and her just missing. Continues to try and bite her neck and cling with his claws.

KUMAL

Official Posts: 847
Administrator
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Official
A bolt of lightning from the bright sky surges downward, striking the big cat square in the back before it sinks into the ground. Coupled with injures, he is fallen, dead to the world.

[[Auto-win to Chemical, +2VP for killing Kumal]]