the Rift

[OPEN] Let the day close [Midas]

Kumal Posts: 18
Banned
Stallion :: Other :: 3 feet :: 7
Roo

Let the day close

I was more than angry at the girl Chemical - hence why I had left the mini meeting. I didn't hate her and I was trying my best not to hate her but she blatantly didn't see the offence of calling a cat (who is obviously a cat) a dog, even if it wasn't meant literally. I would've loved to test her skills against me, just to see why she deserved the title of 'lead warrior' over me. Sure she had joined before me and I was brand new to them. Soon though, I would prove to this Tonka that I was better than her.

As I think to myself a cold, cruel smile curls up on my lips at just the thought of proving to the idiotic girl that I was better than her. Selfish, cocky and brash maybe but honestly, did I care? No. I cared as much for them as I cared for Singha. It made my head throb just thinking of his name. And then, I suppose I should care for Singha like I should care for the 'Assassins' but like Singha, the Assassins had not proved anything to me - Yet anyway.

The sun was beginning to set, golden colored hues of the light glimmering on the surface of the earth. I gently padded along at a jogging pace, testing my muscles that had been forced to just walk lately. Spotting a few trees not too far away I head towards them. A light breeze ruffled my fur. The trees were as thin as the first ones I found here, much to my dissapointment. There had white bark, brown scraped on them. Stopping by one I raise my body up, stretching the bones, muscles and legs of an eight foot tiger up against the tree. My claws dig into it, dragging down its bark to create a memory of me being here imprinted forever.

"blah blah blah."

OOC: Sorry for the slightly recycled, suckish post o.o

Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Midas
take away the pain inflicted on me, the hunger you're letting me feed
Another duration of time was slowly drawing to a conclusion. I watched this animated sunset ignite heaven with a blush of amber, burgundy, and violet. The palate always seemed to remind me of my dearest comrade, my bonded child, Fina. This crown is turned toward the southeastern ocean, and though mortal eyes couldn’t witness those crashing waves from my current distance; I could still taste the salt, and imagine the soothing sound that would always accompany the deep blue.

Feathered appendages are locked against my barrel loosely, they hang at ease--much like the untarnished collar which hangs around my neck. Today had been an eve for a fathers heart to climb higher than ever thought possible—a daughter had been born just a short while ago. A bright eyed child, doused in the most precious of metals. She bore identifiable resemblance to both dam and sire, liquid pools blaring a hue of crimson to match the mother—and gold to mimic her father.

It had been a perfect moment—one that still had my heart thrumming faster than normal, even as I marched back home to share the news. There was so much I wanted to tell Cera and our animal partners. We had a new addition to add to this growing family—it was a time for rejoice. A creature, sliced in soft velvet of burnt orange and the blackest of ebony marks the path ahead. I recognize his species instantly, because it had only been a year ago since I had last seen one—though if memory served correctly, that beast had been malnourished, small and covered with a heavy chain.

A rather usual fellow had bid me take the tiger home for healing of outward wounds; but no amount of medicine could fix a wounded heart, and before receiving treatment the tiger had fled. I gauge its size and note other physical features that would set this one apart from the smaller beast I had led last year. One prominent attribute is perhaps his age and it helped verify that this creature wasn’t one in the same. "Good evening," I murmur politely. An answer isn't expected; the last creature I had conversed with didn't understand a horses tongue, but it felt rude to pass this fellow by without uttering a single word.

Credits or something
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Banned
Roo

Let the day close

I throw back my charcoal head, front legs pressed against the rough bark of the tree and claws dug in deeply. My brute strength allows me to drag my unblunted claws though the bark. I savor the moment, the moment of being a tiger. Sharpening my claws was one of my favorite activities simply because of what it could do to harm something else. With a quick flick of my paw, I could chop the head of a flower, leaving it to decay; Cut a meer mouse in half, relishing in the smell of fresh blood; shred the limbs of a deer or even better, a wild zebra or I could perhaps just let them glint dangerously in the light, moon or sun, filling me with satisfaction of the power I had within me.

My paws landing on the ground, I gaze at their glinting, hypnotised for a second by their power, before my attention turned to a low, polite voice belonging to a Pegasus stallion. The stallion was a strong build, a heavy slab of metal slung round his neck, his wings pressed to his two-toned sides. "Good evening," I ponder on what he said, something not quite clicking inside before I remembered that yes, it was evening. Had the day really gone that quickly? Had I really been that stupid that I didn't connect the fading of the light with the evening? Was I really gonna stand here like a lemon?

It had only been a few seconds since he had spoke but I had just stood, glaring at the ground, said nothing and done nothing. Finally though, I look up, meeting his yellow eyes with my ever darkening reds. I nod awkwardly, two dips of the head in a way although one was almost unnoticeable. "Same to you," I mange in my deep, murmuring voice. My claws were itching to be realised, the feel the grass and and soil beneath them instead of a mass of small fur fibers. I refused though. Keeping them in, keeping them trapped, steeling myself away from the pleasure of them. "Kumal." I mumbled, remembering I wasn't just fighting with keeping my tempting claws in, but also against the nausea of strangers.

"blah blah blah."

Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Midas
I was about to move away from the tiger; he said nothing for many long moments leading me to believe that perhaps this velvet beast was ignorant in speech that was unlike his own, or else he was mulling over reasons of why not to return my greeting. Either way I had almost come to the conclusion that it would be better to push on when finally his feline lips parted, and what I expected to hear was a territorial warning grow—or perhaps a snarl, instead, he graced me with words. Actual words.

“Same to you.”

Both ears pricked forward, an outward show that hinted upon surprise. Obvious interest shifted to the surface of my face—after a moment this was cleared enough so that a soft grin might emerge. I was in the presence of a child of the forest; deserving of respect from that right alone. “Kumal.” He said a name in a simple way that I could relate to, “Midas,” I replied surprisingly easily and with a continuously courteous tone. “Pardon my intrusion; but I haven’t seen many Tigers around these parts.” I paused and then asked quietly, “Are you passing through Helovia?”

This would make the first talking tiger I had ever seen, and that in itself was curiously wondrous enough to hold my attention. Though, this wouldn’t be the strangest meeting I had witnessed of late; memory traced back to the mythical stage that had led me and Apollo on a nighttime adventure through the thicket and down a rabbit’s hole to heal a wounded jackelope.

Credits or something

Banned
Roo

Let the day close

My paws shuffled around the ground, making patches where the dust of the ground had been wiped to the side and a tiny bank made around my paws. The awkward fumbling was just showing a small part of my awkward and social behaviour and how much I completely hated meeting new friends, guys, others, vermin, whatever they should be called. “Midas,” His name, like mine, was stated simply with no added words to perhaps over complicate the sentence. That was, until he continued is his quiet, calm voice.

With a still gaze in the direction of Midas but not directly looking at him I say, "I believe I am the only one." Of course, I couldn't be sure, I hadn't even been here a full season but I guessed there weren't many tigers who were strong enough to control their need for meat well enough to be able to live with a bunch of meatbags. With the same distant look, I shake my head in answer to his question about passing though Helovia. For now, at least, I planned to stay and take over the edge with the Assassins and bring legacy to my name however what I did from there on, I didn't know. I suppose there was more than one option for a tiger.

"I plan to stay." Pausing, then I continue. "Until I have done what I said I would, then I am unsure of what I shall be doing." I knew the aim of the Assassins and I knew what their aim was and who their target was for one there time comes. I guessed as much that there would be a long and bloody battle for the rights of that part of the land, a battle I was sure to be involved in.

"blah blah blah."

OOC: Sorry this post is so utterly poop :|

Official Posts: 847
Administrator
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Official
The tiger seems to catch scent of something in the distance and runs away without word.
Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Midas
I hadn’t ever tried it before, but I quickly learned that a tigers expression was one of the darnest and most complicated things to read. (Considering this was my first time actually conversing with one). Trying to gauge his reaction was like trying to place my hoof over smoke and expecting it to remain all neatly bundled up underneath. My position in life hadn’t given the experience needed to measure truth from a creature that was not equine.

Still… I didn’t doubt his control over hunger or thirst, just as I didn’t doubt mine—(except I didn’t eat my brothers and sisters as he might). It was noted that this fellow spoke understandably, and strangely smooth; he took a moment to verify that as far as others were concerned…this Kumal was alone. Lips creased into a smile when the feline added that his intentions were to remain in Helovia; though I couldn’t know of his ties to the Assassins, should he fight in any of their battles and the Edge called for us as allies. We would become fast enemies. But not today, that was for another time.

He didn’t give much away, and I didn’t press for answers to his ending riddle of explanation. Before anything else could be said Kumal bounds away without so much as a good day, or screw off. There is no desire to follow, should the striped beast want to return—I figured he would do so in his own good time. Quietly though, I nickered a soft farewell. Wishing him safe travels and many days.
Credits or something