the Rift

[OPEN] May your feet serve you well and the rest sent to hell [Nyte]

Kumal Posts: 18
Banned
Stallion :: Other :: 3 feet :: 7
Roo

It was the middle of the night and I had just awoken from deep sleep. I was covered by frosted leaves in a bush, tickling my coat and sometimes my skin when I shuffled about in the small space which fitted snugly round my body. It offered me sheltered from the pounding rain, trees above as an extra cover, and it trapped warmth within. There was a rumbling in the sky, the a violent flash that I could see through the gaps slicing the sky in half.

Thunder. Lightning. It was like the end of the world was near, the lasts battles were being won and lost, someone was falling in split blood; that was my idea of joy, pure joy. I relish in the sounds and thrills of the weather outside my hidden cave of leafs. The rain pitters and patters on them, making a slightly annoying noise but one that I could live with. The sounds outside were almost blocked out by the cover. The scuttling of nice sounded faded, the howling of the wind sounded distant and now even the crack of lightning sounded far although the flash seemed to happen right in front of my leaf cave - I could've sworn I could see it hitting the ground.

Sighing deeply I rest my head on my paws, chewing air for a moment and closing my eyes. I was hunger. I was desperate for a scare - but I just couldn't be bothered to get up. When something comes to me. Yes, that sounded better, a lot better. I would wait it out here, spying undercover, and wait for my toy to helplessly wander along to just the right spot, the burnt place where the lightning had struck. Quietly, I shuffle into a pouncing position so that I was ready to spring at any, passing, creature.

"Talking" Thinking

Table By Baylee

Caenan Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Caenan

Take what you can. Give nothing back.

Two pairs of hooves beat against the leaf-strewn ground, challenging the ceaselessly pounding rain and the booming thunder for dominance as the loudest source of noise there. This constant wandering had started to become a habit for the mischievous colt, and he found that with each day he was straying further and further from his mother's striped hide. The forest and its sopping wet carpet was still no match for the sea; at least in Caenan's eyes. The sound of rain pelting against the branches that hung over his horned head just wasn't the same as the gentle lapping of the waves against the shore; the whispers that the colt often heard within the retreating waters of his home were drowned out by the booms of thunder in this forested land, and he was unable to hear the warnings that the rain was trying to send to him.

Turn back, son of the sea! Turn back! There is nothing for you here; nothing here but death!

The bay colt pressed on, unconcerned by the voices that he could not hear in his own ignorance. One misplaced step was enough to send the boy crashing down towards the drenched earth, his foreleg disappering in the deep mud up to his shadowed knee. Carried by the momentum he had gained whilst running through the forest, Caenan could only observe the slick ground as it came closer and closer to his horned brow and, with a sickening -- and rather painful -- shliiiuuuup!, his leg was torn free from the earth's hungry lips, and the bay unicorn was carried forwards in the end of his somersault. With his legs splayed and his head and belly collapsed on the floor, the colt stared wide-eyed at the trench he had made during his crash landing, his brain still trying to comprehend what had just happened to its vessel.

In the moments that he had been taking to adjust to the pain and the trauma that was beginning to wrack his lithe body, Caenan had unknowingly put himself into a position of even more potential danger than just getting stuck in the mud. During the flight that had lead up to his current state of vulnerability, the frosted bay stag had managed to land just off to the side of a scorched patch of land. Had the young buccaneer been paying more attention, he would have noticed that a pair of gleaming eyes could be seen in the dripping bushes across from him, and that the real danger did not like with the storm.

"{OOC: Sortof-kindof a fail, I'm sorry D:}
image credits
table by whit

Banned
Roo

My tail was curved neatly round my body which was lifted slightly above the ground by strong legs that were folded underneath, ready for me to spring at anything passing my way. Drawn claws speak of murder, death, danger, shadowing the ground from another lightning strike. My teeth were ready, scraping against each other, desperate to find their way into somethings skin, deep and deadly. I was itching to pounce, to leap, to kill, to tear the limbs of an innocent creature, feel their skin parting benneth the dragging of my jaws and muscles splintering under my teeth.

It was surprising that, though the dominance of the thunder, the skidding of a foal could be distantly heard. The slishing and slushing and sploshing of small hooves in mud made me think that he was galloping closer so I ready myself, crawling forward silently and peeking out the leaves to see one very wet, cold and dirty foal. His legs were splayed out in all different directions, the mud sprayed on his coat matched his colour almost, very faint white markings becoming vaguely clear to me. My dark eyes watch the fall foal for a second, slightly baffled before I realised that I didn't need my defence for this heap of meat.

Standing to my full height I emerge from the bush, a deep laugh rolling darkly from my tonge. My steps are slow, allowing him to take in my dark, striped appearance, letting him know that I was a tiger, a feared predator who should be respected at the cost of lives, many many lives and ones like this unicorn foal a perfect target. My chin drips with mud, much like fresh blood would drip of my chin after a feast and my tail swishes gently. I stand facing the foal, my eyes gleaming with danger and obvious threat in my voice and for once, confidence streaking through it. "So boy," I spit. "Whats your name? I would hate for your parents to wonder where you are so I need a name to pass onto them to tell them of your everso unfortunate death." I laugh again, a sickly grin growing on my sodden face.

"blah blah blah."

KUMAL

I BET YOU DON'T REMEMBER THE TRUTH.

Unregistered

Caenan

A ripple of... something coursed through the buccaneer's body as his dark green gaze landed on the sombre stripes that had emerged from the forest. What was this feeling? What was causing him to roll his eyes; to buckle his legs; to slump back down onto the ground just as he had begun to get up, to prepare to run, to flee? It was unfamiliar to the child, this instinct to run. He was a trickster at heart, and all that was required to instill fear in your victims was a pinch of bravery, a tablespoon of wit, and whole lot of mischief.

But, oh! Wasn't that what was rippling through his small frame right now; fear? The very thing that the pirate-child had often times managed to awaken in others was now pumping through his own veins, and he couldn't say that he enjoyed it. Unlike most boys who had received a taste of their own medicine, however, Caenan was still as determined as ever to get what he wanted at the expense of others. All that he needed to do now was to get himself out of this mess, so that he could live to plan out another of his crusades.

"N-n-n-no, sir," came the colt's thickly accented voice, his childish tones not improving his frightened stutter at all, "M-me father will be 'ere soon! It won't be m-me death that 'ill be s-s-so unfortunate!"

And at that Caenan lurched to his feet, his lanky pillars slipping and sliding in the mud all the while. At one point in his struggle to run from the beast he had managed to smack his nose in the dirt, planting a too-firm kiss on the ground that he was sure that the earth would have preferred to pass on. Tears of pain ran down his narrow face as he picked himself up again, working his long legs into an awkward gallop that sent a jolt of pain up his foreleg with each stride. His heart hammered at a chaotic rhythm in his chest, and his naves bled from the lack of oxygen that his lungs were unable to give. If the unicorn kept at this pace for much longer he would be in a position that was no better than the one previous, and he would be powerless to fight off the gleaming teeth that had hungered for his flesh only a few minutes ago.

Just make it to the ocean. Once yer there, yer home free!

"Sed interdum rutrum urna, sed pellentesque sapien tempor in."
image credits
table by whit

Banned
Roo

The spark of fear in a young boy's eyes, the buckling of his legs, the quivering speech; it all fed me one thing, pleasure. Call me sick if you want but then think again, I am a tiger and I was more than capable than taking my own share of the fear dose. I thrived upon it, I was almost dependent on it at times, times when I was desperate to sink teeth into flesh, or just give a good fright to an unsuspecting customer of yours truly. His voice, coated in a thick accent, was like a drug, chemicals inside included; fear, dread, worry, and terror. It made me feel better inside, a lot better and I was going to get as much out the drug as I could.

At his words, I merely laugh, each deadly note rolling of my tongue like poison. My laugh carries on through the splattering of mud his lanky legs were kicking up. "Oh sunshine, I would simply love a good chase." I growl, more like a roar, one truly defending to match the booming sound of the thunder, spurring the colt on and giving him a pretty decent head start. After he had gone about five or six strides I spring forward. My paws pounded along the ground mud splattering up my legs and belly as my eyes focused entirely on the foal as he slipped and slid about, eventually tripping and falling flat on his face with a splat.

I skidded round to end up facing him without a drop of sweat on my coat and I coldly put a stop to the colts frantic running. Again I laugh, slowly and carefully picking my way to the colt as he struggles in the mud. My eyes were gleaming madly, my jaw dripping with mud and general, hungry dribble. Coming close to him one paw raised in the air, sharp claws ready to slit the lads throat. "Sorry to have to cut it short, buddy."

"blah blah blah."

OOC: Blah post. Hope you don't mind Kumal cutting his run short if ya do, just PM me and I will edit it. Also if you want me to edit the last bit then PM me to (Ku won't kill him and I will make sure he is not hurt unless you request that haha) :)

KUMAL

I BET YOU DON'T REMEMBER THE TRUTH.

Official Posts: 847
Administrator
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Official
Kumal missed by a long shot. His claws get torn from his paws and his body gets slammed into the a tree by an unseen force. Then, like nothing happened, he disappeared.

Unregistered

Caenan

What was that feeling again? Oh, right; fear.

It grappled with his mind for control, and in the time it took for the hulking beast to catch up to him, the horned stag had just about lost the battle. His slight frame convulsed with countless tremors, depleting the bay's energy stores in no time at all. He was slowly starting to lower his head to the ground, his actions disobeying his thoughts as his mind shrieked, No! Get up! Run! What the hell do you think you're doing?! but Caenan no longer had the will to fight against his own body. With one last desperate attempt to flee from his assailant, the young'un thrust towards the feline's nose with his horn, his curved dagger barely making contact with the soft pink flesh, before his head collapsed on the ground once more.

Just leave me be, monster. Green eyes slid half-closed, the light inside of them beginning to fade as all measure of hope was lost. One sandy ear twitched at the sound of the monster's chuffs, almost signaling to the beast that he was no longer interested in playing his game. I know that we both enjoy our fun, but this is just cruel. Braced for impact, the colt tucks his chin in against his muddied chest and takes a sharp intake of breath, the damp, putrid odor of mud filling his delicate naves. The pounding of his heart is deafening and he can no longer locate the tiger's whereabouts -- his senses are too overwhelmed by the environment or his own panic -- but nothing comes.

No thundering roar to signal the attack.

No searing pain as his frosted hide is ripped from his bones.

No heavenly light to guide his dying spirit to the place where his ancestors roam.

The unicorn lies for a moment longer, briefly considering the idea that the carnivorous creature that had threatened to kill was slow in the head, but it is only the wind with its probing tendrils that stab at his muddied hide. His previous terror is now accompanied by confusion, and he lifts his tiny head to discover where his antagonist has wandered off to. Tired eyes search the shadows of the swaying forest, but not a single white-striped hair can be seen. He glances around the densely-wooded area that he has found himself in, trying to come up with a logical reason as to the disappearance of his pursuer, but he can find none. The mud has moved back to its original position as the goopy puddle of the forest, leaving no tracks behind for the befuddled colt to notice. All that he can do now is hobble home to the crashing waves, with a large, blank expanse left to sit in his mind.

I think I've wandered off from home one too many times. Tigers, rifts, spectres -- Oh my!

Talk
image credits
table by whit