the Rift

Plan B

Alcina Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

text text text
"blah blah blah"
Morning light drenched through the trees. A light blanket of mist rolling and wavering between and out of the trunks. A dark figure, its large eagle-like wings spread and gliding through the dawn's skies. Faraway certainly, but it soon had come closer and closer, until the figure had landed. Lightly brushing the dew covered grass as it's hooves trotted to a halt. The dark shadow was a Pegasus and stallion, ebony black, with deep blue highlights skimming through his thin body. Dark orbs shifted, looking around at the entrance to the Threshold. The stallion grumbled something low in his throat before he dragged himself into the lighted wood. Orange and red began to fall slowly off the trees turning them more bare every hour. Orangemoon would end, and the lands would be vastly covered in deep icy snow.

The figure of the stallion moved slowly through the Threshold, a concererning distate was in each step he took. He did not want to go, never did he want to leave. But soon enough, before all of this, the stallion knew someday he would have to leave Helovia for some reason. Something he always fumbled with himself about, but never did he like the plan of leaving. A low grumble from his throat "Plan A... Why could it not be plan C.... Or D? Or even maybe E?" A retort came through his mind That is because you have no other plans at all. The Pegasus cursed himself for the resort, and moved on slowly. He truly did love his beloved home of Helovia and had stayed here since as long as he could remember. After escaping from his own herd and family, to grow up here. Alone.

Oh if only he had found enough courage to go and find himself a suitable place where he belonged. Now something must have tricked him into thinking he did not belong in Helovia. Though the truth would come, nobody cared what he did or he did not. Nobody probably knew he existed right now. Nobody feels anything for him, at all. The grim words gripped through his mind. In annoyance he shook his head a little, and his eyes were clouded with sadness and his heart drowned in lost hope. He never did go and find a place to live and a place to call his herd. For he was too scared of what could happen if he did try and recruit himself to a herd. The fear of being spat at and driven away, the pain he would have as a aftermath from it all. It shook him a little as he continued on his journey. After the depressing thoughts had spun and dizzied his head in sickness, a feel of hunger overcame the Pegasus. He halted to a stop in the grove and moved his head around, seeking for a place to graze in. The sight overcame seeing the small clearing breaking through the wood. Alcina carefully glimpsed at it, and walked over with caution. Dark blue orbs looking around again, before raising his thick neck down for himself to graze. Alcina you truly have let yourself down.
my heart still feels divided
halfway between, wrong and right
thy-darkest-hour.deviantart.com | venomxbaby.deviantart.com | BajiStock.deviantart.com

Israfel Posts: 54
Hidden Account
Filly :: Tribrid :: 16.1 hands :: 2 Years
Sparrow
Israfel Azardokht
Helovia's threshold, where those who wandered from the outside world would venture into the land. Some would be found, Israfel had been told, and be taken into herds to start families of their own... And some would simply continue on, content to live the lonely life of an oucast. The thought made the demi-goddess shudder. Wasn't the life of an outcast lonely? Did outcasts have any friends? Or did they only want to rely on themselves?

Either way, Israfel would never want to live without her family. Her bond with Smoke had only solidified since she had returned from the Veins of the Gods, and had sought out her mother for comfort and answers to her questions. Oh, the things she had learned... Smoke had been so full of knowledge, so smart and kind, answering any questions that Isra had with the patience of a saint. It made the pale princess all the more glad to have the Wild Rose as her mother... Yet even though she loved her family dearly, a feeling of unrest had begun to blossom within the pale yearling's breast. Sometimes she would wonder just what else was out there, in Helovia, what was waiting for her to explore...

For so long she had simply run amock, doing as her own arrogant heart had told her, uncaring of the feelings of those around her... Yet her visit with the God of the Spark had changed Israfel in ways that she couldn't imagine. Where she was once haughty and bratty, the demi-goddess now found herself more soft-spoken, more kind and less flamboyant. There would always be that fire inside of her, however, that spitfire attitude that she inherited from the God of the Sun... But for now, for once, Israfel began to feel as though she was truly finding herself.

Golden adorned wings expanded, feathers shifting as the hybrid slowly made a landing in a clearing of trees. The feathered appendages expanded and pushed downwards, using the current of air to soften her landing upon the spongy ground of the Threshold. Sharp vermillion eyes took in her surroundings, and Israfel held her head high as she surveyed the trees around her. What, exactly, had brought her here today? Her yearning for exploration, perhaps, the restlessness that had taken over her fiery spirit had caused her to take to the skies that morning...

Tucking her wings close to her barrel, Israfel shook her head, strands of ivory and the petals of red flowers shining brightly in the morning light. Looking up at the sky, peering through the thick canopy of trees, Israfel smiled. "Good morning, Papa," she murmured. Despite knowing the truth of what the God of the Sun had done, Israfel didn't love him any less. No... She still loved her father, but something had changed. The need to live up to his expectations was still there, of course, to make him proud, but the yearling had come to some kind of understanding since meeting with the God of the Spark. While she could still strive for greatness, she shouldn't lose herself along the way. Idly Isra wondered if Smoke would be proud of this realization that her daughter had.

Ruffling her feathers, Israfel once more looked around before golden hooves outstretched to continue her journey. Her tail flicked to the left, then the right, brushing againts the back of her hocks in a gentle caress. It wasn't long into her journey that the sound of a voice caught her attention, and the yearling's ears snapped forward as she listened. Nostrils flared widely as she tried to pick up a scent, but nothing came. Fear and curiosity bubbled up into her breast, but the demi-goddess pressed on. Who could be out here at this hour? Maybe a weary traveller?

"Hello?" She called out, dipping her head downwards as to avoid snagging her horn onto a low-slung branch. It was as she cleared the tree that she spotted who had spoken, a black and blue clad Pegasus. For a moment Israfel examined him, head tilted slightly askew, before she smiled. Vermillion eyes sparkled in the sparse sunlight, for it was pleasant to see another creature who had wings. "Hello there. You look lost... I'm Israfel, from the World's Edge. Who are you?"

slime-stock.deviantart.com | AlzirrSwanheartStock.deviantart.com | foureyestock.deviantart.com | LucieG-stock.deviantart.com

Unregistered

text text text
"blah blah blah"
"Hello there. You look lost... I'm Israfel, from the World's Edge. Who are you?" Ears flicked, head snapped upwards and twisted towards where the calling had com from. Alcina looked towards a bright and lean Pegasus. Or was this mysterious stranger a unicorn? Alcina was shocked by the fact he had not sensed her before. A low growl "You're too drowned to be able to notice anything around you." spoke to himself. His eyes were still clouded with sadness, yet he kept somewhat of a shine in the peak of his eyes to see this girl sparing a word to him. The ebony wings on his back that were once bristled with anxiety, flattened.

Alcina had then realized of the long awkward silence between it all. He spoke, not giving much eye contact "Alcina." he retorted "I'm not lost really, I was just..." Heavy shoulders lifted in the air as he gave a deep sigh off of them. "..going." No more was there a peak of gleam in his eyes to see another being talking to them. Too clouded with the thought of depression over came. He did not want to give any contact with her at all. Feeling anger furrow his eyebrows at himself for it. He forced himself to look at her, and a breeze of calmness swept over him and his emotions. As he took a brief sigh, and his tense muscles relaxed casually. Alcina felt nervous though, around her.

Seeing the beaming golds and whites all around on the hybrid's body. Made less comfort for himself, conspicuous of his own dark gloomy atmosphere. Lucky the girl is. The dark stallion echoed through his head. As he had finally found himself meeting her eyes with his dark ones. He noticed how her body was lean and a beautiful structure for any equine. While he was just lean, from derived hunger. Because of living in the Frostbreath Steppe for so long, it really can get you on your physical and emotional appearance. He gave the girl a long curious stare, before he lowered his head to take another bite of the thin and dry grass below him. Rising back again, and wondering, Did she really just ask me if I were lost? I've never heard someone say that to me.
thy-darkest-hour.deviantart.com | venomxbaby.deviantart.com | BajiStock.deviantart.com

Israfel Posts: 54
Hidden Account
Filly :: Tribrid :: 16.1 hands :: 2 Years
Sparrow
Israfel Azardokht
Almost as soon as she had spoken, Isra mentally chasticed herself. The ebony and blue stallion's head shot up in alarm, and the demi-goddess couldn't help but smile sheepishly. It hadn't been her intention to startle him... Perhaps she should have nickered her arrival first before so boldy calling out to him. As this stallion's head rose, Israfel's vermillion depths stayed locked on his dark eyes. There was something remarkably sad about him. Idly the yearling wondered just what had happened that could have made him so dejected.

"Sorry," the pale female said softly with a dip of her head, pink lips still upturned to offer him an apologetic smile, "I didn't mean to startle you." Then, her ears flicked forward as the male spoke. He murmured a couple words, each one something that she couldn't decipher given the distance between them, but what he said next she could easily pick out.

'I'm not lost really, I was just... Going.' Going? Israfel's head tilted slightly to the right, a breeze rustling the flowers that were tied into her mane. Where was he going?

"... Where are you going?" Israfel inquired, one golden-clad hoof daring a small step forward. The hybrid didn't want to seem as though she was intruding, but also wanted to get close enough to let this Pegasus male, Alcina, know she wasn't a threat. "Do you have a home, Alcina?" Where these questions were coming from, the youngling wasn't sure; after all, what right did she have to simply waltz in and interrupt his day? Perhaps it was the 'right' of the curious. No matter what he said, however, Israfel couldn't shake the fact that something was deeply bothering the dark male in front of her now.

Was he lonely? If hew as going somewhere, did he have a home? Friends? Family?

"Is there anything I can do to help you? I mean, I know you told me that you aren't lost, but..." Here, Isra's right wing shifted upwards slightly, feathers rippling in a form of a shrug. "Are you looking for a home, maybe...?"

slime-stock.deviantart.com | AlzirrSwanheartStock.deviantart.com | foureyestock.deviantart.com | LucieG-stock.deviantart.com

Unregistered

text text text
"blah blah blah"
"... Where are you going?" She asked a tone of curiousity in her voice. Alcina was a little surprised, he finally spoke a little in disbelief "I don't know where I'm going. Just as it will not take me to an end." Alcina shook his head a little as he had spoke, and couldn't believe himself. Was this really the answer? To go on without thought of what would happen. He thought she would just grunt in retort and move along with her own business. But she actually had been thinking of something he would be doing today. The dark Pegasus deep orbs gleam a little as she took a small step forward. Something about it told him this girl was not going to be hostile. Which tensed muscles through his shoulders seemed to have relaxed and edge up.

"Do you have a home, Alcina?" A home... The gleam of his brightened orbs seemed to fade instantly after the inquired question. The Pegasus murmured loud enough for her to hear "No, I don't belong anywhere." His dark orbs were clouded with the vision of solemn sadness. His attention was fully on her when she spoke "Is there anything I can do to help you? I mean, I know you told me that you aren't lost, but..." a silence iced the forest then emptied as she began to speak again "Are you looking for a home, maybe...?" His ears twitched, peaking on his head. Eyes were beaming a flash of white over them. Alcina had hoped she could maybe had asked something like this. Something inside him never would have let him go away from Helovia.

"I am." The ebony stallion nodded without question soon afterward. He edged himself a little forward, leaning to the side of his flank casually. A small gleam peaked inside those dark eyes, for the first time in a while the Pegasus was actually excited. He brought himself here today, but never did he imagine that something like an offer of this could happen to himself.