the Rift

[OPEN] No turning back {Joining}

Pheonix Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
The palomino stallion had finally had enough with wandering alone in the wilds. He sought a herd, for it was an instinct present in all equines. After meeting three horses from the Dragon's Throat, he felt the place would be ideal for his tastes. Born and raised on endless plains surrounded by mountains, he had never heard of a warm and cozy desert with a vibrant oasis. Pheonix was accustomed to cold harsh weather, splintering winters with feet of snow, and cool summers, barely enough to heat the horses's hides and defrost the grass that they feasted upon.

Hoping he would find Iris or Africa, he ventured closer towards the borders of the place. He had heard of the venturing Assassins, and did not want to be caught in the midst of the thieving band, or be mistaken for one of those...skunks. Yes, that was the perfect word to describe them. Coming closer to the border, supposedly, he took a deep breath inhaling where the scent markers were. From previous herd experience, he knew that horses took borders seriously. Stopping dead where the smell was the strongest, he took four cautious steps back just in case he slightly crossed.

Lifting up his masculine head, he let out a whinny, calling for any horses nearby. Rustling his wings in anxiety, Pheonix was suddenly very nervous. What would the horses be like? Looming over his smaller figure, mocking him. Or be kind and friendly. He was like a new child arriving at a school, lonely and scared with no support. Anxiety was mocking him and taking over, and the golden stallion felt the need to flee, but he remained rooted. No turning back now.
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Midas
the one to see you through your darkest times

I saw him from a distance, a showy auburn figure against the backdrop of distant peaks with their rolling meadows, and ancient forests. He had traveled from the wildlands I supposed, and it was no guessing as to his purpose; the bugle of that trumpet was enough to verify that we possibly had a new brother at our doorstep. Well…it would be rude to keep the man waiting. Shifting my feet along the trail I trotted down the sandline to meet this newcomer for myself; after all, it wasn’t like I had been doing anything of great importance at this moment in time.

Ivory feathers are hanging loosely against my sides like weapons relaxing across a gunslingers belt. They warm the flesh that is mushed underneath, Orangemoon gave at least a little relief from the usual blistering heat. Our nights were getting cooler though, and it wouldn’t be long before the first hints of Frostfall was nipping at the heels of everyone.

Soon enough the distance between me and this stranger closes—a smile creases my face apart, it’s a beam of genuine welcome. Words that flow next are equally genuine and laced with a layer of kindness, “Hail brother, and welcome to Dragon’s Throat.” More than a few paces away I pause, extending my muzzle to greet him in the traditional way of exchanging information. The next breath isn’t rushed and comes out of my mouth in a lull, “How may I be of service?” Patiently I wait for his response, though the answer that would come was anticipated with knowing.

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]