the Rift

Falling In The Snow [Open]

Illuminati Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

ILLUMINATI

i stepped into a mirrored world that mirrored all our crimes

Through the labyrinth of giant towering trees a pale magenta glow spread across the horizon, seeping under the masses of thickly layered dark grey clouds that had collected in the atmosphere bringing darkness long before nightfall. Wind rocked the branches high above the creature's head, snow cloaked wooden limbs stretched upwards caressing the heavens as howling gusts of the brewing storm picked her tail from the ground so it floated like a golden banner unfolding behind her; a mess of hair curled in silky tendrils and tiny flakes of ice. Rays of the dying sunlight warmed her coat, though she knew it would only be a temporary comfort for what was beginning to unravel before her ruby eyes as a bitterly cold evening. It crossed her mind that like the light she may perish under the violent chill: however unlike the sun there would be no rebirth for her the following dawn.

Every breath inhaled into her lungs felt as if tiny shards of ice cut the back of her throat, there was nothing oneself could do but continue onwards into the unknown with hope of possibly finding another docile creature willing to take pity upon a wanderer like herself. Though their pity she did not want; Illuminati was a proud mare. She wore her horn like a crown, carried her head high, and walked with the grace of a swan. Sympathy was simply not applicable. A friendly gesture and good will was entirely different; she would have graciously accepted any offer that came her way for perhaps company of another, it had been some time since the speckled mare had shared her presence with another being; far longer one of her species. She made a mental note to remember the manners her mother had so graciously carved in her mind as a child next time she had the pleasure of communication.

With dainty steps of her cloven hooves, she carried herself forward pushing through the wrath of the fierce weather. Occasionally she flicked an ear, senses on high alert, nostrils dilated; vapour forming tiny clouds warming the air for mere seconds. Pausing occasionally the mare looked on for any signs of life that may ponder across her path, keeping her wits about, there was no telling who or what she’d find in these woods.

Or what would find her.

Circe Posts: 101
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Buff: NOVICE
M.E.

CIRCE

The day was closing rather swiftly, but that was characteristic of Frostfall; it seemed to Circe that she had barely begun her sweep through the Threshold before the sun decided that it was time for creatures of the earth to go and prepare themselves for sleep. And, if some stray mortal happened to be too stubborn to follow the sun’s advice, the wind proved to offer a rather effective incentive; even with the warmth of the pale sun’s light, the chill was prevalent enough to seep through the skin, settling upon the bones as snow might layer itself thickly upon the branches of some forlorn, naked tree.

The work was done for the day; Circe’s patrol was finished, her duties attended to. She was free to leave the accursed forest of strangers and lonesome travelers—her body certainly welcomed the opportunity for rest, weary as it was with her constant exertions—and yet the shadowmere found herself most reluctant to return to her homeland. While it seemed rather foolish and mystifying for her to refuse rest, Circe knew full well why she rejected her homeland; those once-verdant fields and hills that beckoned rest and reposed now sat desolate, covered in thick layers of frozen white snow—many, many layers of the awful white snow.

And she hated the snow in the Foothills.

Whatever the case, the sun was falling, and it would be foolish to linger in the freezing cold; already Circe found that if she didn’t keep in constant motion, her joints would lock up and movement would be painful. With a heavy sigh, Circe supposed it was time to end her daily exile; snorting softly, Circe angled her high-stepped trot to the north, carefully making her way through the snow-covered pitfalls of the pinewood forest. She allowed the beat of her foot-steps to rattle in her mind, a constant rhythm of mindless motion; it cleared her thoughts and strengthened her resolve, preparing herself to see even more snowfall.

After some time, the shadowmere slowed her pace, coming to a brisk walk as the scent of another warmed the brittle winter air and brought Circe to her senses. She had gone all day without seeing a trace of life in this forest; travellers were frequent, yet the sorceress supposed that no one would dare traverse strange lands in the bosom of Frostfall. Well, now she had been proven wrong. A somewhat haughty-looking mare was approaching on the feet of a dancer, her poise graceful and her ruby eyes scanning the wood cautiously for any indication of another.

It was Circe’s job to scout out those strangers that prowled the shadows of the Threshold, lest they give bulk and power to the now-ridiculous threat that were the Assassins. It was this duty that forced the shadowmere to turn her gaze to the approaching lady, though she didn’t care for her in the slightest; it was honor-bound obligation that forced a polite, pleasant word to seep from her lips, lips that would rather stay shut in brooding and melancholy. As the varnished lady came closer to the shadowmere, Circe would slow her pace even more so, and incline her head in a show of manners. “Lady,” she would say in mild greeting.

If the lost soul wished for direction, Circe would give it. If the appaloosa wished for privacy, Circe would also give it. However, if she wished to bring the tides of discord in her waking steps—well, then, Circe would crush it then and there.

Image Credit

Chemical Posts: N/A
Unregistered

You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em, know when to walk away and know when to run.

Commotion. That is what brought me here. Members. That is what drew me here. Actually, that is what drew every single horse seeking recruits here. Lost souls and lost beings looking for a home were found here. I was once here myself and as I recalled it, I pinned my ears.

Some hosts could provide them a slot in the four main herds if they, themselves, were part of that herd. I was not, however. I was part of a band of outcasts that were here to seek justice for ourselves and others. We fought for the rights of others as well. We were the Assassins. I had met Tonka and knew instantly I could trust him. That's when I joined them.

My winter coat was coming in and I was very shaggy. Luckily, I had been visiting the Frozen Arch recently so I growing used to the cold. I had been sleeping during the day, only to become a night owl as my coat could blend in much more easily with night. That's how I found myself here. I grew restless as night approached and often found myself wandering with the chilly breeze to accompany. Tonight I decided I could make myself useful. The Assassins were willing to provide protection for any new potential family members. If I could save someone scared and lost, I would be happy to.

As I heard movement, I approached slowly. Slowly enough to see a black unicorn with a leonine tail and a brightly colored palomino-like unicorn. Slowly enough to hear the black unicorn say 'Lady'.

I approached, the chilly breezes whipping my cold, long mane beside me as my arched neck went forward. "Good day to both. Or evening as it is now."
You never count your money when you're sittin' at the table.
There'll be time enough for countin' when the dealin's done.

gas mask< a href="http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/friesian%20horse">horsepattern

Unregistered

ILLUMINATI

tonight the foxes hunt the hounds, it's all over now before it has begun

Engrossed in a daydream, the pale mare’s thoughts consisted of what may have been, what was and what wasn't. Occasionally she pondered on what may become of her existence; there was no point however in getting carried away on a wild dream. No point in wishing for something that would never happen. She had learnt that lesson moons ago. As for the worse to come; she avoided the subject entirely.

Her mind deep away in her imagination, her eyes had not come to accept that she was no longer alone, instead they’d been put on a vague autopilot where they’d look out for trees, avoiding a collision. It wasn't until a voice reached her flicking ears that she was fully aware of the presence; a gentle voice reaching into the endless void of her fantasies.

Taken aback by the sudden intrusion, the mare was snapped back into reality, snorting softly through flared nostrils, muscles tensing slightly ready to react to whatever the stranger had thoughts on doing. “Madam,” the reply came once she had inspected the unicorn mare, deciding she was not being threatened. Her voice was placid and welcoming, glad to have the comfort of another.

About to open her mouth to speak once again to the unicorn mare, she found herself cut off by a large shape moving towards them through the trees, another voice reaching out from the darkness. A Pegasus, as black as a moonless night greeted her eyes, Illuminati gave a curt nod, welcoming the winged horse, “Greetings to you both. Are you from this land?”

Her ears flicked in interest, tempted to load questions onto the two, however she would hold her tongue and wait until the time was right; impatience and curiosity filling her head.

"Talk Talk Talk"

Deceased
M.E.

CIRCE

Circe allowed her ear to twitch in idle acknowledgement as her roan lady answered her greeting—Madam, she said—and the shadowmere allowed her heavily lidded eyes to soften somewhat, emerging from the fragile pane of apathy she erected about herself these days. There was no reason for her to keep her defenses erected in the presence of a docile stranger—at least, she seemed docile at this current moment—and with company came the chance for release from the horrors of her current ideals. Circe welcomed that, and allowed a small smile to play about her lips as she briefly studied her companion; this quiet grin was transferred to the ghost of a shadow that swiftly approached, a large woman with the heavy wings of a nightmare raven perched elegantly on her back.

To Circe, both of these ladies were travel-worn voyagers, caught between the rock of Frostfall and the hard place of nightfall. Perhaps both of them had lost their way, or mayhaps they were simply searching for a better life, a fresh start in the infamous isle of Helovia. There was no way of knowing their true affinities and factions; this, the Theshold, was a neutral territory down to the roots that coiled and weaved in the frozen ground beneath them. Regardless, Circe was not one to judge on first meet—and in her current state of sedation, she didn’t wish to. For all intents and purposes, she simply didn’t care.

*“Are you from this land?”*

“No,” Circe said quietly, continuing to walk underneath he snow-laden canopies of the forest; she hoped her companions would do the same and follow, “I was a traveler through these woods, as you might be yourself. Yet I found myself a home here just the same.” She paused, allowing her husky purr of a voice to dissipate in the thick shadows of the falling night. With the darkness came an even more persistent chill; Circe snorted, feeling the freezing air numb her lungs and throat as she breathed. With another flick of her ear, Circe allowed her voice to rise somewhat in an inquiring lilt. “Tell me,” she said, her gaze flicking first to the ruby eyes of the appaloosa lady and the blood-red orbs of the black temptress, “Do either of you have a place of refuge for tonight? For it is cold and shadows tend to walk at night.”

Was this the beginning of an offer for them to join the ranks of the Grey? Was it the offer to point out the other herds of interest, sending them on their way to escape the bitter night chill? It certainly tasted as such… Or was Circe just being vigilant, making sure these two didn’t find themselves in a heap of trouble, or becoming a heap of trouble in their own rights? Whatever the case may be, Circe found that she wasn’t too impassioned by the path of her interactions— she was doing a duty, and that was that. Besides, on a personal level, she was growing to appreciate the distraction from the whirling of her own thoughts.

It was nice to meet others for the sake of meeting them, instead of meeting them for battle.

Image Credit

Unregistered

You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em, know when to walk away and know when to run.

In my twisted and tantalized mind, I half-expected harsh barking from the stranger beside me, apparently from here. Well, not exactly from here but was rather living here, as she stated. That was one other thing we had in common aside from our black coats. She was interesting and seemed like someone who didn't judge at first appearance. Most who saw me, judged me first, only adding more reason to hate civilization. She was different despite my horror nightmare-like appearance.

In response to the light-colored equine, I smile slightly, trying to mean it but of course it's a disguised fake. I had never actually smiled in a very long, long time. And for laughing? That action had been terminated, for as much as I knew. The occasional chuckle escaped and it was often fake as well. I figured I best answer her question before I lost my train of thought. "I was not born here, no. Stumbled here, rather as this kind lady said. But, like you, was lost. I wandered off on my own for some time, regretfully. The name's Chemical, by the way."

The kind black-coated mare spoke again and I continued after that. "I was actually about to ask you both the same exact question. I'm heading more south for warmer weather as of right now, comfort in the trees and such. Figured I might could expand the Assassin's protection to other lost souls and beings. Permanently or just long enough to finalize your decision. We're just a band of outcasts, more like a tight-knit family. Care to hear more if it suits your fancy?"

My crimson orbs grew a bit brighter and my ears flickered as I waited for a response. The Assassins were a family that had each other's backs no matter what. We fought for justice and fought for the rights of others, but of course, we could use force if ever needed.

gas maskhorsepattern

Unregistered

ILLUMINATI

Illuminati found herself fixated on looking over the Pegasus mare, taking in every inch of the enormous wings that sprouted from the creature’s back, red markings decorating the inky black pelt. It was a spectacle the roan mare couldn’t determine if she should run from, perhaps tuck herself beneath a rock somewhere and hide, or perhaps treat it with the up most care and respect. The second option was probably the more logical.

Her slender limbs stepped out in front of her, shortening the distance between her and the other unicorn. Snow and debris under hoof crunched mildly, head lowered slightly it swayed; her hair cascading across her long slender neck. As the mares beside her spoke, the content Illuminati found herself engrossed in the tales they both had to tell, both claiming to have come upon the realm much like herself, stumbling, wandering, searching.

Chemical; a name to place to the black mare with the ebony feathers, the appaloosa found herself gazing at the crimson eyed mare. Curious as to what she might find lurking beyond the depths of what had been named the windows to the soul. Chemical was dark and mysterious; well-kept from Illuminati’s prying eyes as it seemed. Imagination set wild, she supposed they both had more than one story to tell; the investigation may have driven her mad if not for the questions that cut into her sleuthing thoughts.

“I do not,” She replied shortly, though searched for the right words to follow up with. Why was she here? To prove herself worthy of being a substance her mother should have been proud of creating. To prove to herself that she was more than an empty vessel useless to all and full of foolish ideas. Did she have intentions on staying in this enigmatic land? Certainly, if she found herself a home, perhaps she would.

The one whom deemed herself Chemical spoke of Assassins while the other spoke of ‘home’. That word- not home- but the other. Assassins. She’d heard it before, letting it roll across her tongue the mare tried to place the word with a definition. Deep in her vocabulary it was tucked far away, it turned out she had perhaps been right to want to stow herself from the Pegasus, for an Assassin was a danger indeed. She shuddered slightly, muscles rippling like quicksilver, though it may have been mistaken for a shiver caused by the cold air that nipped at her skin.

“I look for a place to call home,” Her words were smooth; “I look for a place where I may be valued. Where I may find use of my limited talents, though I desire to learn and have purpose, I wish not to be a burden. Would either of you happen to know where I can seek such a place?”
She looked between the two, awaiting her response, ears keenly perked. What talent though if nothing did she have? Perhaps she would need to endure her search beyond where the mares might offer to take her. It suddenly struck her the mental note she had put aside had been somewhat lost in a sea of possibilities that the new land brought.

“I have forgotten to introduce myself; I am Illuminati.”

Deceased
M.E.

CIRCE

As the shadowmere listened to her comrades explain themselves and describe their situation, Circe’s eyes remained heavily lidded in apparent idleness, her ears swerving themselves to listen to the speech of her companions. There was no flick of tail, no flaring of nostril; there was not even a blink of an eye, nor a twitch of an ear; nor any other physical indication that she was at all bothered by Chemical’s revelation of being a member of the Assassins, the very same group of mediocre guerrillas that entangled themselves in the affairs of the Grey. In every sense, they were enemies; had Circe the passion for it, she would’ve struck down the black Pegasus in that moment, ensuring one less to stand before the might of her family.

The truth of it was that Circe wasn’t bothered by the revelation in the slightest; on the contrary, she felt nothing but a waking sense of empathy, listening as the dark lady explained and described her so-called “family”. Was not the sorceress a part of such a band in her earliest days? Was she not a vagabond of some throw-away gang of misfits; did she not have that in common with this Pegasus, Chemical? How could she condemn one such as her with a clear conscience? In any case, this was neutral territory, and Circe did not have much of a care to bring war outside of the boundaries of strife and grudge. She had no grudge to hold—she was much too bitter to hold one. As the other, ruby-eyed fae raised her voice in turn, Circe’s other ear cocked in her direction, eager to hear from her.

*“I look for a place to call home… look for a place where I may be valued. Where I may find use of my limited talents, though I desire to learn and have purpose, I wish not to be a burden. Would either of you happen to know where I can seek such a place?”*

Perhaps it was the cloud of persistent desolation she strove to fight every waking moment that gave Circe such a profound clarity of perception? There was no inherent hatred or aversion towards any of these mares; more and more, Circe was seeing herself in both the roan Illuminati and the black Chemical. The tiny smile on her maw grew just a little bit more, finding that it was her responsibility to handle them as she had been handled—to point them in the right direction, give them the gentle nudge that would ensure they found their niche in this insane isle just as she had found hers.

“I know your roving wish, sister,” Circe spoke, her eyes resting on Illuminati, “I felt much the same when I entered this place….bitter….wasted…” her voice faltered slightly, a trail of velvet smoke winding in the air; she rallied at once. “I know not your talents, but I know where they may be of use. To the west there is a herd there, a kingdom by the sea enchanted by the moon and the mists of fancy; they are the World’s Edge.” She paused, gather her wits about her and striving to remember the other lands to be found. “To the south is the land of heat and sand, where the winged warriors of the Dragon’s Throat dwell. They are just as hellish and proud as the heat of their domain…but they are honorable horses, nonetheless.

I would advise you to avoid the north, where the Aurora Basin unicorns dwell in the year-long frost. They are….dangerous, in their own right, and if you are not racist in your heart, you are an enemy. And not very far from here is the Windtossed Foothills, stronghold of the Grey, a band of elite mercenaries.”
Circe lifted her head higher, a hard spark dancing in her eyes for a span of heartbeats. “It is here I found a home….I am Circe of the Grey.”

The most curious part of her descriptions was that they were not exclusive to the ears of Illuminati alone; indeed, she spoke to both mares with equal interest and encouragement. It was not her intention to dissuade Illuminati to shun the assassins—not that she wouldn’t be happy if it came to be—but Circe figured that, if the crème dancer decided to swell the ranks of the Assassins, it wouldn’t matter to Circe. At the very least, she would know her enemy’s face. “You are welcome to join me,” she said, in that same unambiguous tone that included both mares, “We can offer protection, fellowship, and purpose. We fight with each other and for each other; we are a family in the truest sense of the word, protecting one another's backs from the teeth of the world. However, it’s up to you to decide where your talents lie; I have given you the options.”

Circe’s gaze lingered on Illuminati, in no way pressuring or threatening; indeed, they were most gentle and slightly curious, as though she wondered where the appaloosa would choose to go—and wondered she did. But then her eyes flicked to Chemical, and the mildness stayed, yet something indescribably sad entered her visage as well. “Heed my words, Chemical,” she said, her tone low and brittle, “Beware the dangers of a small family such as yours. They are easily crushed, from the outside…and from within.”She closed her eyes, a different type of anguish threatening to break through its barrier; it seemed the shadowmere was filled with naught but all kinds of sorrow these days. “And please believe me when I say...the pain of it is unbearable.”

It was not a threat; it was not even warning of conflict from the Grey. It was advice—the most sincere advice Circe had ever given a stranger. She had been a member of a tight-knit family. That family had been destroyed. And now, so much later, the sorceress still walked about the land with all the shame, the anger, and the feeling of lost hopelessness it had invoked. There was no way she would ever wish that sort of torture on another.

Not even her worst enemy.

Image Credit

Faelene Posts: 297
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
Sica

FAELENE

we are all made of blood and tears, me just more so than others
The cold had returned, but in the Aurora Basin the cold never left. It was always there, as the stone mountains, a veil hanging over them. Long had she grown use to ice, and frost. The walk across the Steppe this Frostfall was nothing compared to the miserable one she had trekked a couple times. Burned, and singed with a nasty hole ready to plague the rest of her flesh. They were merely scars now, etched across her shoulder but now covered by dark, coarse hair to protect her from this stretch of time that could be tolling on those of hotter bloods, warmer pasts.

Shake of her head, and the sun threatening to drop she found it easy letting the shadows eat her up. Bracing against the snow was familiar, and it was a lot less harsh here in the evergreen woods. The Thief found it rather pleasant really, getting to walk without an extra string of worry, getting new scents that tempted her interest.

Faelene had not left her home land in awhile, tied to Sielu and keeping a faithful, silent promise to Mauja to have the privilege of seeing one child grow. The red maned had a few tasks she needed to accomplish and she could not with a child at her side. No, she had yet to push Sielu outside of the Kingdom of Unicorns to those she did not trust any further than she could throw them. While she had not meant to wander to the Threshold, she had a sense she needed to walk again through the welcoming gate of lost and found.

Traveling under a star blanket was similar to her own arrival here, but she had made it before the storms of white. Flicking her head, if to rid of those anxious memories she continued working through the shorter lengths of the banks, at times jumping for the sake of movement. Nothing that called to her further, she thought the grounds empty. The churn of snow a muffled song of company. There was a voice, snaking its way through the timber she had not heard but it was surely that of a mare. While there was a bite, gnawing at the inside of her throat from the dropping degrees she curiously found herself straining to listen to this voice.

It did not take long for her to be displeased by the information that passed those black lips. Actually, she could feel something snap inside of her, disconnecting her again she briefly paused, letting her head dip, an eye cast to see she had not changed to scenery. Faelene was visible, and most curious if this was how the Grey did business. She was believing less and less they were neutral, especially by this unpinned tongue. Circe...how proud she was of her chosen home, and how the small flicker of heat built in the red maned's chest. Was it sad Faelene pictured balling a snowball to hit her ass, watch her turn around to see nothing? A grin that was not made of joy nor happiness slid up the side of her muzzle, it had been too long.

"Unbearable like this weather?" Alto voice broke across the space, giving her a place in front of the walking group. Faelene skittered around chest high bracken to see the trio she might fit into with her own adorned black cloak. Interest gleaming in her dark pupils, her silver irises she skimmed over their faces, feeling she had a guess about this Circe. She was not to cause trouble...at least not yet.
"Please don't let me interrupt, I'm merely stretching my legs and had to make sure I wasn't mad when I heard someone talking."

edenlore1234
[Image: faeleneicon.png]

Unregistered

[[[OOC: Apologies for the wait!]]]

The second warning I had received about her involvement with the Assassins. From someone like Circe, I would deeply consider this. She, unlike someone I would have imagined coming from the Foothills, would have been bitching about us to the newcomer and would not even think to allow someone to go with me. But Circe was giving the option if I persisted, still. I needed to seriously figure out my damn position in life. Otherwise, I was letting myself go to waste and climbing the ladder on someone's hitlist.

Yeah, the Assassin's were like a family, but damn, did it ever occur to me there was a reason Ignita, Tonka, and Adrixuara were all taken? Tonka was back, but at the expense of what? Where had my survival instincts gone? My cautiousness and reasoning had been taken away by a small family. Had I ever actually met them all before Kumal's arrival?

Then of course, another being showed up. My anger was beginning to rise already and smart asses were not on my agenda. My crimson eyes lingered on Illuminati and then went to Circe, ignoring the interrupting brute. "I will reconsider my affiliation with the group, Circe, I then looked at Illuminati, with the air from my mouth and nostrils turning into winter breath "Perhaps we will meet again on different terrain as allies. Just don't go with the racists." With that, my husky voice ceased and my nightmare like presence was gone with the night as my ink-black wings rapidly sent me soaring into the cold night's air.

gas mask< a href="http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/friesian%20horse">horsepattern

Unregistered

ILLUMINATI

The golden mare felt her heart warming to the black unicorn, her words putting her worries to rest; soothing to her troubles. Her ears craned to catch every syllable, soaking up the information, keen interest hanging on every word that poured like silk from Circe’s mouth. She wanted to know more, though she waited patiently for the mare to be done with speaking.

These lands, of which the mare spoke, fascinated her; a World’s Edge, could this possibly be a drop off of the world. Where you could simply gallop no longer and topple off the edge? Though the thought of the moon above a kingdom, glowing down in soft pale light against the ocean, it only fueled her wild hopes and dreams. Then the Dragon’s Throat… did dragons inhabit this country? Her eyes had never lain upon a dragon before, she’d heard of the creatures of course; huge beasts with the power to bring forth flames and bend them to their wish. Or at least so she’d been told.

Then the Basin, she had never fancied the cold, it made her coat grow longer, her summertime sleek look disappear for months on end, no it was an awful thing. She supposed she might get used to it, however the thought of sharing a herd with racists; she shook her head in slight irritation of the thought, flakes of snow that had gathered upon her crest flying once again through the air.

Then the mare spoke of the Grey, her words were warm, comforting and reassuring almost. Her mouth open to respond cut off by the appearance of another. Another dark coated mare, Illuminati almost came to the conclusion that all of this realm must have been painted by the shadows, she felt quite out of place in her speckled appearance. However she pulled to her lips a smile, nodding to the new comer, “It is fairly chilly isn’t it?” Her voice chimed.

The second attempt made by the apricot mare was intervened by Chemical; though she had been curious as to how the creature could fly with such wings she was saddened to see her go. “Farewell Chemical,” She called after the mare, perhaps she would see her again, but what lay ahead was still a mystery.

Illuminati was third time lucky, taking a glance to the mare, Circe, “Would you perhaps mind telling me what I may be of use doing in your Kingdoms, I do not wish to run into anything with no further goals. The Edge…It sounds quite incredible. And your own home, The Grey, they sound intriguing. And if I may, what purpose do you serve in your home, Circe?”

"Talk Talk Talk"

Deceased
M.E.

CIRCE

*"Unbearable like this weather?"*

Circe halted in her tracks, head suddenly perked upright, her ears gluing themselves to her poll for a brief moment—the voice was sudden and near, and the shadowmere had not heard anything approaching. Shadows indeed stroll about these woods, Circe though wryly as the guise of a shadow-pelted mare ambled her way to their group; the subtle ease of her demeanor suggested to Circe that she was not quite a newcomer in these parts—but then again, Circe could be mistaken. Nevertheless, she allowed the tension in her body to loosen some, but her senses were ever alert for any strange behavior from the new arrival.

*"Please don't let me interrupt, I'm merely stretching my legs and had to make sure I wasn't mad when I heard someone talking."*

“Duly noted,” Circe answered in a rather dry, yet entirely polite, tone; at that particular moment, the shadowmere didn’t care much to press the mare further to inquire her safety. If she needed information, she would ask of it, and Circe would answer.

Her eyes turned towards Chemical then, ears cocked and poised to catch the sudden venom that had entered her voice; it seemed as though the stranger’s appearance had aggravated her. Circe watched the black Pegasus depart with a faint ache of apprehension—her advice had been most sincere, even though she had been speaking with a known enemy. Chemical’s plight had turned into a personal interest for Circe, and as the night-pelted specter left their midst, Circe couldn’t help but hope that, somehow, the Pegasus wouldn’t find herself in the same trick-bag that Circe had been caught in.

*“Would you perhaps mind telling me what I may be of use doing in your Kingdoms, I do not wish to run into anything with no further goals. The Edge…It sounds quite incredible. And your own home, The Grey, they sound intriguing. And if I may, what purpose do you serve in your home, Circe?*

Circe listened with a patient ear and a gracious light in her eye; it had been some time since the sorceress had a reason to hold a conversation with another at great length. “It is no problem,” she said, giving her head a slight shake, “Informed decisions are wise steps indeed….However, I regret to say that I do not know much of the Edge; I’ve only traveled there once. I will tell you about my own home, though.” Her gaze floated over to the strange shadow mare that had wandered into their company, then snapped back to the ruby gaze of Illuminati. “In short, we are mercenaries. We fight when commissioned, lending our strength to those who pay the price of our hard-earned talents. I am of the elite tier of warriors, one of the firsts who go to the aid of our clients—but we are all expected to help fight for the defense of our borders.”

She paused, allowing her eyes to acquire a slightly gentler light. “We are not just frothing brutes, however. We have artisans and craftsmen; we have healers and wise-men and -women who roam our halls. I am sure you would find a place to fit within our society—but then again, that is for you to decide where you are most comfortable.” Her voice trailed away delicately, and once more she gave that interested sort of look towards Illuminati. The only change was that she also slid her steely blue eyes over the red-maned stranger as well, her benign glance calculating in its own way, contemplating the reason for her appearance—for it didn’t feel like mere chance that the mare had found herself here.

What is it you want? Circe wondered in the deepest corners of her mind.

Image Credit

Aztec Posts: N/A
Unregistered
That's odd... He was hearing voices... Picking his head up from a small patch of grass, Aztec perked his ears forward; straining to listen for more words. Pretty soon, his ears pin back against his head and his muscles tighten around his shoulders. It was true, Horses were here. Shortly after his ears listened, His large hooves carried him swiftly through the trees and bushes of the forest. The winter wind was cutting through his brown fur like sharp icy knives, But it didn't seem to phase the young stallion. He continued his galloping, weaving in and out of the trees. The animals such as squirrels and birds laid their eyes on the mysterious being. Aztec's eyes looked around him as he looked for the voices. He could still hear them so they must not be that far away.

Pretty soon, he stopped dead in his tracks when he sees a rather large black Pegasus flying in the air. Was she the one that he heard? That's odd... because he knew that he heard other voices. He watched her as she continued to fly away, His green eyes trying to look and search her before she got to far away... But he was to late. Snorting and shaking his head side to side; He continued his search for the other voices. His hooves set a steady rhythm in the frost bitten air and whenever he passed a certain area, leaves flew up in a small flurry. He wasn't going to stop until he saw who was talking. Minutes later, after running so far, He finally ran into another group of mares. He stumbled through a wall of bushes and came upon the two mares. His head was held high, showing his Roman nose and his mane whipped gently in the winter breeze. So these were the ones he heard? He remained silent, his eyes searching both of them like a predator looking at prey.

Unregistered

ILLUMINATI

(OOC: Eeeeek sorry this has taken me so long! I’ve been sick with the flu!)

As Illuminati listened intently to Circe she couldn’t help but gaze to the other unicorn who’d appeared from the storm. She looked her over through the corners of her eyes then snapped back to what Circe had been telling her, ears perked keenly.

It was unfortunate about the Edge, however Illuminati assured herself she would probably have years to explore this new world she may come to call home. It felt odd suddenly being able to call a place ‘home’. She tossed a tendril of hair from her eyes, huffing in exasperation as it fell back into her vision.

Once the Grey member had stopped her speech, Illuminati lowered her gaze in thought for a while, her ears subconsciously falling backwards and her head dropping as she thought upon the decision that would need to be made. If she joined Circe in the Grey would she still have the freedom to roam like she had these past years? Of course she would have company; though what sort of company? Biting the tip of her tongue she slowly cast her eyes upon Circe again, "Thank you for the offer Circe, though I think I may keep wandering the lands."

The more she thought upon it the more she agreed with the pros and cons that had ticked over in her head moments before, "I'm not ready to settle in one place- I've been a wanderer far too long."

She smiled slightly to the shadowy mare, "Perhaps I'll cross your path again- maybe once I'm able to settle in a herd."

(Edit: Ilu has decided to become an Outcast.)

"Talk Talk Talk"