the Rift

[OPEN] Cemetery Gates [ARAH]

Crash Course Posts: 74
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 9 :: Birdsong Buff: NOVICE
Ragnar :: Plain Boggart :: Suffocate Nevada

Frostfall had finally set it's heavy fingers onto Helovia, freezing the outside worlds and casting white and blue hues across the lands. I had been home for some time now; imagining what the dry Throat looked like at this point of the season and when I had stayed there was incomparable. The Basin was almost completely untouched at this cold fourth of the seasons besides small snow drifts. This was only the very beginning of the season though. I could only imagine what the hardships would be at the heaviest of times.

Outside of my awkwardly shaped cave was a small mound of snow that started to spill into my self-proclaimed home. Tiny flakes rolled onto the cold stone floor, scuttling toward me slowly with each passing wind. I lied at back of my cave on a soft patch of moss that had become some what of a bed. My body had returned to normal by now, the bald patches of my thick coat had grown back in, blending in with my new, fuzzy coat. My belly had looked sunken in and grotesque due to dehydration, but that too was now back to normal. I was thick and healthy once more.

I drew in a deep breath, knowing that I should get up soon. I had done nothing all morning, even though the sun had only made itself present a few times today. Sturdy front legs uncurled from underneath of my body, stretching a little before lifting my massive body back up. Once standing straight, all four legs rolled out in turn, stretching the laziness out; the thicket of my tail swishing back and forth simultaneously. I moved toward the mouth of the jagged cave, dipping my head slightly to make my way out into the morning air. On the way out, the block-like silver hoof of my back right leg kicked the small snow pile, spilling the flakes across the rim and away from my home.

The sun, peeking out momentarily from time to time, had not touched the permanent frozen earth for quite some time. Flat ground stretched on for some time, reaching some where near where the hot spring must have been, though it was too far to see. Rolls of snow drifts dotted areas here and there, built up on rocks, grassy patches and small trees. I reached my silver lined face out, drawing in another deep breath before letting the air escape from my lungs in a warm cloud.

[Ooc: Arah is permitted to use any form of magic that she'd like in this thread]
walk walk walk talk talk talk

Please tag me in all posts.