God of the Sun Posts: 198
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17 hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the SUN

Burn the whole world down

The God of the SUN Quest Drop

Step One :: Signing Up!
- You will respond to this drop in character, responding as if every character who shows up is also present
-**NOTE** Remember that when you post here, that you provide links to the times your character has been refused in the veins or other drops! Please also clearly state what magic/upgrade/item/ or companion that you are seeking, and (*NEW*)provide the link to your Wishlist
- Your character has 72 hours to respond to this thread properly

Step Two :: The Decision
- Sun God will then choose 1-2 characters to take under his wing and give them quests for whatever they choose (magic, companion or items)
- When I post the decisions, I will post the rubric. Basically this will depend on how many times your specific characters has been rejected from the veins.
- You character's name will be put into a "pot" of names 1 additional time for each previous refusal from a drop or a quest
- All numbers, tables and functions will be screenshot for transparency and understanding

The Quest :: Light or Fire based magic/upgrade, normal companion or item

BURN

Frostfall. What a pitiful season, whose only use was bringing Tallsun and the warmer seasons, round again. The cold, the shortened days and decreased sunlight - how did they stand it? How did they stand being pulled so far away from the radiant face of the sun? From him?! Then again, his worshipers did seem all the more reverent during the colder months, where his warmth and excellence was clearly missed. At least there was that.

On this frigid morning, the God of the Sun was not content to simply watch from above. No, for days now he had watched snow slowly begin to blanket and cover Helovia, but not on this day. Today, he would burn away as much of it as he could, to remind Helovia of his importance. In a crackle of fire-burst and white-hot light, the God appeared. Nimbly his golden hooves touched down upon the rocky Heart, and although snow did not touch the heated ground here, nevertheless a wheel of heat and flames emanated from his body - licking and covering the ground - to rid it of any frozen moisture.

Balls of flame remained, casting forbidding shadows all around him; as if the Heart wasn't eerie enough already. Radiantly, he raised his sculpted muzzle, twin-horns cutting through the air with a sound like evaporating water. Snorted, he smiled pridefully as he looked about the Heart, and saw not one speck of snow anywhere. Challengingly, his gaze cast towards the sky, where the clouds had not yet opened up, and snow was not falling. Raising his wings - his feathers now doused in flames - he sent another wheel of fire along the ground, burning what grass had remained to cinders, and darkening the earth.

OOC FAQ
1. You cannot get a mythical companion quest from this drop
2. Do not post unless your request is relative to the God of the Sun and has been in the Wishlist database for at least one month.

CREDITS
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
INNOCENCE
You will never be mine

Ophelia inhaled the crisp, bitter air of winter with excited lungs, but she was too tired to dance through the newly fallen white flakes as she usually did during this time of the year. Sleep had not come easily, and her heart had often throbbed with pain and uncertainty, not allowing her vision the clarity to see the beauty of the pristine white season that she loved so much. Instead, her hooves seemed to move of their own accord, scuffing along the land in nowhere in particular. She knew she should go home, but not yet. What even was home?

Where was her heart?

The Sun God had stolen it, not too long ago. She was older now, bitter and aching after he had abandoned her, promising to never see her again. He had been her light, the god she placed on a pedestal upon all other gods, and one might have even said that she had loved him. But that affection and reverence had been shattered cruelly, and she had been too ignorant at the time (because of him) to fully understand the consequences of her actions.

He had taken her memories away as a gift, and instead he had cursed her, nearly causing her downfall in the process. She had injured many friends, and now she just learned that she had been intimate with his brother. Who was truly to blame for all of this? Ophelia had agreed to the task, trusting him, but what had been his angle in causing her such heartbreak? Did the god she had once loved truly hold that much selfish pride?

Ophelia had too many questions, but she was too tired to ask them, knowing they would not get answered. In her stupor, she had navigated off course, hooves soon touching charred earth and ash near the heart of Helovia, and she furrowed her brows. Phi blinked over her strangely colored eyes, trying to wake up her mind from it's lulled slumber, and she felt that the bitter chill of winter had given way to a heat that warmed her sides and the wet frost that had formed on the curled, white fur on her lower legs.

When she looked up and blinked, she was struck into silence, and she saw the god of the sun. She almost felt like crying. How long had it been since she had seen him? Since he had promised to never see her again? Would he even acknowledge her presence? Ophelia stood where she was, still and quiet, not prepared to throw herself into another heartbreak if his purpose was to pretend she had never even come into the world he built.

2/18/13 :: [Magic: Light (U) | Can remove entire memories or small chunks of time from other's minds]
Credits: The-Ripple-Effects @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Sakura Posts: 41
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 16hh :: Two Years (at time of death) Buff: NOVICE
Emily

Sakura</style>

I had tried remaining in the Edge most of the time after my very first herd meeting. The things the adults were talking about seemed scary and I didn't want any part of it. Yet again, just like before I was drawn out away from the Edge and this time to Helovia's Heart. I had always been told how hot it was here and how sometimes the God of the Sun was found here. I was curious to see the God again, as I had only seen him once before. He was a beautiful creature... I honestly did not know what else to call him. He was beautiful none the less in my eyes. His coat was golden just like almost every ones in my family, beautiful and golden. Golden was good after all right? Ah well I really didn't care. Today I felt that same pull to leave the safety of my home.

It was with all these thoughts in my mind, I entered the heart of Helovia. It was nice to have a run here without someone to look after or someone to chase after. For once she was just herself and no one else. It was then I saw him in all his might. He was burning parts of the Heart with his awesomeness. I just couldn't take my eyes off of him... Slowly I moved forward, careful to avoid the area he was warming up. The closer I moved the warmer I became. The snow was gone and it was nice not to have to feel so cold for once. I had decided I didn't like FrostFall one bit.... I stopped at a safe distance and let both my front legs buckle in a bow to his awesomeness. It was only then I saw the other who looked at if she was crying. Concern welled up inside Sakura, but she did not dare move or speak.

"talk talk talk"

Grandfathered :: [Magic: Abate - Light x Dark (U)| Able to completely heal the physical wounds, but takes energy from the healer]

http://helovia.net/showthread.php?tid=7034 - wishlist
http://helovia.net/showthread.php?tid=68...0#pid46970 - Quest Drop #4 Refusal
http://helovia.net/showthread.php?tid=69...9#pid47029 - Green Dragon Drop Refusal
http://helovia.net/showthread.php?tid=75...1#pid51931 - Species Specific Drop Refusal

MY HEART IS EVER AT YOUR SERVICE.
credits: how-you-remind-me and phototori @ deviantart.com

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
Since the birth of the little green dragon, I had wondered at the whereabouts of my self-labelled cousin, Sakura. She was a beautiful girl, in my eyes, the image of her father whom my mother loved so, and with a heart as strong as any dragon. The pale damsel was only a few months older than myself, but I could not help looking up to her somewhat - especially now that her scent trail pointed in a direction firmly away from the borders of the Edge. I followed her, sometimes using the opportunity for travel to practise with my wings. Somewhere along the way, Daryth joined me, his dark smudge of a form laughing alongside me - offering me with company and comfort in my solace. My sister could very well be following me following Sakura.. I admittedly had not checked in my distraction.

The smell of fire was something I was familiar with. Father had demonstrated its wonders many times for us, as had Mother and Akaith, and my sister, with the fire dragons that poured from her maw at her will - even now, as I thought about it, Daryth blew a small flame. It was always a wonder to me that my little spirit friend could summon very real fire - so many around me had the ability. I did not possess it directly - and I didn't know if I ever wanted to. Daryth murmured something about always being there for me, lending me his flames if ever I needed them, and I had to smile at him, as he landed upon my back, generating a warmth where the snow would otherwise try to steal my body heat.

The sound of fire's destructive forces were somewhat new to me. Fire, in my experience, had only been used constructively - to warm us against the enclosing winter, to defend us from those who would see us harmed. Watching as a great fireball rolled through the brush (that had conspicuously become drier, and held a great amount less snow than my home), I stopped in my tracks, looking around me, ahead of me, following the trail of the burning ball, hoping another would not soon come and knock me over. I was fireproof where my scales laid, but they did not lay everywhere upon my body.

Wandering forward at a more sedate pace, Daryth encouraged me along, having recognised Sakura from my memories. I pulled up alongside her, proffering my muzzle against her shoulder in silent greeting. Golden eyes glazed over the presence of others (though I thought I recognised the strange pale unicorn creature, whose thoughts had so loudly intruded upon my brain), for they were drawn to the spectacle of the lands, the Lord of Fire and Light himself. Mother had told me tales of his destruction, his temper - but also explained that he was a necessary ingredient to the balance of the lands we lived in. Without the light, we would not know what darkness was, without the heat, we would not know what cold was. I looked upon this Lord, the first God I had ever beheld, and I bowed my crown - an instinct of respect driven into me by my parents.

Daryth, upon my back, did the same, though I could feel within him the urge to gift the Lord with his own magic, his firebreath - I politely told him to hold his flames, for surely the Fire Lord had enough of his own to think our contribution worthless.

Wishlist :: [2- Magic: Light | Able to communicate her thoughts directly to all companions (with ooc permission).]
background pattern by Patrick Hoesly @ flickr.com
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Talianna Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Be it flood or be it fire
I will come in times most dire

He truly was a luminous spirit. Strong wings dripping with flame raised high above his horned head with a display of his power; sculpted palomino body alight with every shade of gold, ranging from the darkest auburn to a blinding lemon light; elegant horns set proudly on his crown, reflecting the light of the fire in their twisted rungs and grooves. This picture of pride and majesty was no match for the image of his siblings who, even in their own ingenuity and grace, could not compare to the radiance of brother Sun. His form was alive with the constant stirring of life that came from his own flame, and I couldn't help but become enthralled with his image of perfection. In every way this creature was what I had pictured a God to be – graceful, illuminating, and righteous. It was easy to see that he had the first two of my expectations pinned down, but only his actions would tell on my last.

With the blistering heat of the flame and the sun forming lines of sweat down by sides and back, I press past a stationary ball of fire and toss my mane up off my neck, cooling it for merely a moment before the long chocolate hairs fell back against my throat again. The skin that my golden headdress touched directly was becoming most uncomfortable for me, but I would never imagine removing the precious garment entirely. Even the sensation of hot metal rubbing against my ears – which were slick with sweat – was more bearable than having the sun hit directly in my mismatching eyes, and the feathers that hung from my tiara proved to be sufficient in shielding them from such mistreatment. An amused snort erupts from my dark naves as I think about how useful this precious treasure has been to me, and that, like the winged child’s reasoning has been back in the lush forests of the Threshold, it wasn’t just some old dead bird taking a ride on the top of my head.

My dark hooves press their form into the freshly-scorched grass that the God has vaporized, and I take the time to scratch at the earth to reveal a single, unharmed bud beneath the carnage. It will be the first of many new plants that will erupt from the layer of charcoal that now casts its dark blanket here. Fire is as much a revitalizing element as it is a destructive one, and I trust that my God had released his lifeblood of flame here for a reason –not just for his own entertainment. Somewhere in that heart of his, I am sure that he knew he was providing a nurturing environment for the flora and fauna that inhabited this desert.

Two porcelain figures – although not as awe-inspiring as the flaming stallion next to them – catch my attention, and I dip a formal bow to the pair of them, regardless of how old or how young either of them look. The younger of the two reminds me of myself, if I’m being honest. Her deep and exaggerated bow seems to be something that I would be doing at her age, but I find that I have grown to be much more conservative than I once was. I blame it on my mother, who had drilled the ideas of respect and discipline into my head as soon as I could speak – but, then again, she is also the reason why I had left my old home, so she cannot be to blame for such positive habits. But I digress.

My gaze flickers over the form of the taller, more maternal figure standing in a cloud of mixed emotions at the sight of this God. I get the feeling that there is some history between them that I do not understand, so I don’t bother trying to. The Gods’ affairs are their own; I just strive to do what I can to aid them in such matters.

Unwilling to involve myself in something not meant for me, I turn away from the brooding unicorn with the red-dipped tassels, and my eyes hold onto something that almost rivals the rare appearance of the God of Flame; a child born of not just one, but two species. A spark of awe ignites inside my chest at the sight of her – her scales are all perfectly set, save for maybe one scale, that looks as if it had molted a bit earlier than all the rest, but she is stunning regardless of the minor blemish. She is a thing of beauty, this young creature, and I let her know it by extending one somber leg forward and lowering my head in a graceful arc.

I only hold my statuesque formation for a heartbeat’s length so that I can return my attention to the fiery deity, offering him the same gesture of respect but embellishing it slightly by taking a knee. It is a little thing to notice, but I can feel the heat from his last cleansing flame caressing the curve of my leg as soon as I set it on the ground, and I feel revitalized. It is a comforting thought to know that the creature I hold so close to my heart has allowed me to feel the essence of his power, and I warmed by his slight gesture of kindness. My duo-striped body is seeping with energy as I reluctantly bring myself out of my curtsy, and I find that I am filled with the deep desire to feel his scorching touch once more. This is a rather strange reaction for me to be experiencing – I have never felt the need to be with someone, nor have I ever felt compelled to take part in the ritual required to bear children – but I embrace it. If this is what it is like to be intimate with one of my Gods, then I fear that I have grown addicted to this sensation, and that if it were to increase in strength at all then I may have to fight to keep my composure.

Forcing myself to ignore the searing heat that he is radiating, I greet him in my thickly accented voice, “We welcome you, God of Sun. I am so – exultante? – to have finally met with you.” My green and blue eyes close and I try to take in as much of his radiance as I can. Like his brother and sister before him, I am sure that he too has a restless spirit, and will not remain in this desert for much longer, so I try to enjoy this brief meeting for as long as he allows it.

{OOC: Rejected here:
Quest Drop #6 Spark | Time
Quest Drop #7 Dark | Wind
Wishlist: Grandfathered :: [Magic: LightxEarth | User takes in the sun's rays (much like photosynthesis) and transfers the energy gained from the sunlight to another being. Can heal small wounds and ailments based on the amount of sunlight absorbed. Cannot be used at night.]
Walk walk walk.

"Talk talk talk".

Image Credits

Avalon Posts: N/A
Unregistered

The wind knows a lot about martyrs. After all, it's carried a lot of souls away.

The normally hot and sweaty weather of the Throat had abandoned me. It was muddy ground and tending to the raging fire had grown even more harder as the precipitation had rendered the fire limited as to where it could go and grow. If I could keep the heat u[ and keep feeding it a lot then I could take a break in between and either sleep, get water from the oasis, or just wander off to think and gather more information that I needed.

This time, I had wandered off. And quite far at that. Something was calling me though. Something that felt vague and familiar. For that, I had fed the fire a grand feast that would sustain its flames for a very long time. Long enough so I could go far off and return and still have enough time to sleep. This vaguely familiar thing turned out to prove my suspicious right. As I traveled to a glow that reminded me of my 'own' fire, I recalled this being Helovia's Heart. However, I was treated to an even greater sight when I saw an old aquaintance; the Fire Lord.

I approached with a warm smile, quite happy to see him once more. It had been a while, had it not? The heat coming from the Heart was like nothing compared to his golden, radiating body. Proud creature, he was, but I guess I would be proud as well if I was in his shoes. In these colder times, I supposed that he was here to remind us he wasn't gone.

I minded my distance. I was used to the heat from the Throat and the Fire mixed together by now, but as stated before, his very presence was searing. My warm smile mended into movement as my pronounced and warm voice entered the air to mingle with the sounds of everything else, including the other arrivals. "Hello, Fire Lord. The heat left and I was beginning to think you fell asleep." I chuckled slightly then nodded a hello to the others with the same warm and welcoming smile.

http://helovia.net/showthread.php?tid=7588
It will probably tell you that martyrs are not heroic. They're a tragedy.

image credits

Official Posts: 847
Administrator
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Official
This is a reminder that only 1. refusals for this character will count toward an extra name, and 2. refusals for this type of magic that you want. Companion drop refusals or refusals from other, non-related elements to your magic will not count.
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
There are things I have done
There's a place I have gone
There's a beast and I let it run
Now it's running my way
Agony had nothing on the raw confusion of his mind.

Each step was halting, an uneven, jagged torment. From a distance he simply looked lopsided, as if his legs belonged to four separate entities and not the same. The right front one barely touched the ground. The only reason he moved it forward was so it wouldn't lag behind and get forgotten, but it required him to cycle it forward with each step.. and that required him to rotate his shoulder forward, and that, was a source of excruciating pain. Each step he took was punctuated by a gasp, even though he numbed his nerves with ice. The blood running from his charred shoulder and barrel was diluted, streaming towards the earth in pink rivulets, but he barely noticed anymore.

Pain was the least of his problems. Pain was the least of his concerns. He felt as if someone had whipped the insides of his skin, turned his soul to glass and shattered it against a rock; some part of him had fallen to pieces, broken, his mind drifting and floating like a piece of driftwood still upon the waves. He could've walked for days and not noticed — could've fallen headfirst into the pit of fire.

He shouldn't be sad. He shouldn't have wept. Shouldn't have raised a monument over a dead equine.
Yet he had.

Irma drifted above him on the warm winds, and only when he nearly walked into Ophelia did she nudge his mind; blinking, as if surfacing from a deep sleep, Mauja stopped where he was, and took in his surroundings. Smoke and heat-haze rose from the heart. Ophelia stood just half a yard to his side, staring longingly at.. the Sun.

Mauja was too tired to care; every nerve throbbed with exhaustion, and if he accidentally prodded the feisty deity into incinerating him, he'd not mind it so much. "Sól," he called in an almost-gentle voice; with water dripping off his horn he lowered his head a fraction, the most respectful way he'd greeted a god for a while. So far, there had been something honest about the Sun's temper, more so than the cold blade of the Moon in his back, or Asni's vile game. "I have known nothing but your wrath, but pray tell, is there something of kindness in you?" I didn't mean to kill him. Help me.

Few could turn back time, or properly raise the dead, but perhaps he could lessen the agony in Mauja's shoulder, heal him out of the kindness of his heart — knit the flesh and skin closed, and show that he was a God, and not a monster.

[ essentially Mauja wonders if Sunny can heal his shoulder/barrel, which has been blasted by dragon fire. :) ]
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Amara Posts: 136
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sameira :: Royal Hellhound :: Hellfire dark

I was wandering aimlessly, unaware of where I was headed. This was my first time stepping off the beach and onto unknown territory. I avoided the lands that smelled strongly of other horses, for I didn't want to cause any herds to attack me or my herd. I was unsure of where exactly I was headed, seeing as how I was constantly tumbling around like a blind child. I was stumbling on the uneven terrain, used to the soft sand under my hooves. The dirt was tough, solid. I disliked it, for it make my knees sore. But I dealt with it as I hiked through a little forest, crossing a river and continuing on.

What seemed like a month later, I exited the green forest. I halting, my eyes widening. I stood on a little hill that allowed me to see the expanse of land before me. All there was to see was a large field with a large flaming pit in it's center. The snow didn't touch down in that area, leaving a large ring of golden grass. Gasping, I burst into a swift gait, my small hooves barely making a sound on the frozen dirt. I happened to be unlucky, running into a slick patch of ice. I skidded over the small patch, my legs flailing about as I attempted to gain my balance. My hind hooves landed on solid ground, and I backed up. Glancing behind me, realized the ring of warmth was only a hundred or less strides away. Bounding forward, I see it.

Balls of fire.

I gasped, watching as a stallion summoned them, sending them rolling through the area. I stood there for a while, my metallic amber eyes still gazing at him. I saw horses begin to gather, horses that looked so large compared to me. There was another filly, but she looked much bigger than me. Swallowing hard, I shuffled forward. I made myself visible to the others, including the big flaming guy. He didn't look very friendly, but who could hurt a foal? I admired him, his large, strong wings that were doused in flames. And his hair that was a pale gold, swallowed by the fire. Yet his skin seemed not to burn, as though it was... magic. I couldn't help but think he was a spectacular creature, sent to the earth to help us. But what else am I to think? I am a foal after all.

Clearing my throat, I opened my little lips, attempting to form words. Realizing I had nothing to say, I closed my lips and just stared at him, a smile on my kissers. What was I to say to such a majestic horse such as him? I snapped away from his beauty for only a moment, realizing how small I was compared to him. I shrank away, my amber eyes looking deep into his gold pools. I pulled away, still at awe. This was my first time ever seeing a god up close and personal.

"Talk talk talk."

Wishlist
Magic │ (3-24-13)
Water x Light │ Can gather water from trees, plants, living things(including animals),etc. and mold the water into a giant tentacle which will move as she wills it to. Can be used as a shield and/or weapon(By thinning it out and whipping others, although it will only leave bruises and few cuts).

Image Credits

Voodoo Posts: 231
Outcast atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: Eight :: Birdsong HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Ouija :: Arctic Fox :: None Nevada

The dry, rocky fools' paradise seemed to be a favorite of mine recently. Frostfall bringing what I had found, only inconveniences, had taken a toll on my naturally thin body. My rib cage poked out at my grey/silver tinted sides, the bones protruding only slightly; though the thick fur that the harsh season created had grown erratically, flowing easily in the softest of breezes. The Basin, as much as I loved it, was not hit as hard as the rest of Helovia. Our deep dished home was barely touched. The hot spring must have been the only water source, besides the ocean, that still bubbled happily in the snow. The rest remained a frozen sheet of ice.

The initial scent of the Heart of Helovia was one not of fire, but of eroding, melting earth. Though they had a similar scent, they were much different at the same time. The thick cold season coat felt heavy in the dry air, generating sweat on the central areas of my body. Very, very deep below my naturally rounded hooves, magma gnawed at the walls of the surrounding rock, eating it away slowly. Nearby, back to the surface layer, the lava bubbled and sputtered, nipping at the air eagerly, wanting out of its' cage. What is it that makes you want to be here all the time? It's miserable.. Oh joy, they decided to show up today. They babbled on for a moment, complaining about the heat that They didn't even have to feel.

Fast movement brought deep crimson eyes from the solid ground to the horizon. An unnatural, round ball of fire danced across the dead plains, incinerating the very grass in it's path. I froze, watching the fire ball roll out of my vision, deeper into our frozen land. Calm eyes followed the singed trail, finding that I was not the only one here. They all seemed fairly normal, besides the tiny filly standing randomly within the group, compared to the massive beast that stood before us all. A glowing, magnificent being, with large burning wings and the horns of an antelope. I stood fairly far away, compared to the group that seemed to eager to walk up to the stallion who danced with flames.

Go you fool, go and see who he is! Maybe he is special Drawing in a deep breath, I decided to listen to them. Each solid black hoof picked at the ground rhythmically, long legs pushing me into a slow lope toward the group. I slowed my pace to a curious, slow walk as soon as I came within a few yards of the nearest stranger. A few members of the curious herd spoke in turn, welcoming the fiery stallion. "God of Sun" and "Fire Lord" were what two of the travelers called him, causing red tipped ears to press forward. This male seemed to have been known. "God of Sun," maybe that gives it away? Their mocking tones did not bother me at this time, I was far too concentrated on depicting this glorious elder.

Every one seemed to be either silent, the nervous tension seeming to radiate off of a few bodies, or happy to greet him. The edges of my lips tugged into a quick grin sent toward the almighty. They fell back down to a straight line quickly, hopefully the gesture reaching the Fiery God before it was wiped off my face. The heat radiating off the of the God was clearly intensifying the uncomfortable feeling that had already been lingering over my body. Red eyes shifted around the group for a moment, the scent of snow cast over every one. It was almost hard to decipher whether any of the fellow unicorns belonged to the Basin. Naturally I would feel more comfortable being along side one of them if they did, but I could not tell at this point.

WISHLIST
Magic: Fire x Air; Can dehydrate the air with flames, soaking up oxygen, making it hard to breath for all around the situation, including him.
Companion: Artic Fox; Can alter others' imaginations
Has not participated in any drops
[Image: f2vjpl.png]

EVERYTHING YOU'RE RUNNING AWAY FROM
IS IN YOUR HEAD
[Image: 5389e9aca8b63]
Please tag him in every post!

Aiko Darleane Posts: N/A
Unregistered
You are my idea of beautiful
"One good thing about not having a mother with a keen eye is that you can go out and play whenever and, especially, where ever. I traveled out of the Dragon's Throat, where there was no snow to ever touch the sandy dunes of the hot desert like herd land, and instead got to see it for the first time by myself. My father was born in winter, and he would always tell me that snow was his most favorite thing, besides myself. Snow for him was like air, beautiful, crisp, and clean. He said that snow could wash things away, cover them up with white beauty, and he said I always looked prettiest next to the snow. My white face would hide up from it, and we would often play in the snow for many years to come before his body just couldn't do it anymore. But for now, I would run by myself, traveling alone to play in the new found joy of the cold Frostfall miracle. Snow was indeed my favorite thing about winter. Though it was very, very cold. The first time I played I nearly froze my little tail off, and after I while I started to wonder further and further from my home. I was playing in the snowy barren forest, when I noticed something up ahead: fire. I was very confused at the time, looking about as the flames went into the sky, and I pondered for a moment if I should look. Did I have the courage to venture to where there was fire? Well, I only stood there for a moment.

I moved quickly, and I found that there were flames licking grass, and I saw before me what I knew to be a God. He had large wings that were made of fire, two curling horns, and he was spreading fire every where. The God of Fire? Or...what else could he be? I had no idea that the God of the Sun was the Patron of the Dragon's Throat, but I simply had to meet this new stranger. He was, in a way, beautiful, and even at my age of four months I knew that. I stood there for a while, simply staring at him as the fire died. Others came, first a mare of white and red with a scaled flying creature at her side, which is better known as a dragon, then others, some foals even, that I didn't recognize, except for Voodoo. He was the last to appear, and I was hesitant now to come closer to him, but I did anyways. The words spoken where not lost to me. One, whom I thought was from my herd perhaps, called him the "Fire Lord", so I was right about that. But then one, a unicorn that looked like a dalmatian, called him "Sol". I was still questioning who he was, but I dismounted from the outcropping I was on, my Irish blood giving me great jumping abilities and I landed on solid hot ground.

I moved towards the great God, unsure if I should say a word, but I did. Very quietly I spoke, saying something that maybe perhaps he couldn't hear."

'Hello Mr. Fire God sir...'

OCC:

[Magic: Light | Magic that will lead her to who someone she loves by letting her see a red-lit path on the, such as one of her parents]

walk walk walk
"Talk talk talk".

Image Credits

Helovian Ancient
Admin
Congratulations, Aiko Darleane and Talianna!

You have been randomly selected to win the quest drop. The God of the Sun's response will follow shortly with further instructions.

For legitimacy of the roll and win, here are the screenshots for how winners were selected:

Voodoo, your magic request is not 1 month in age, so you are not eligible to participate in this drop.
Mauja's request for healing was not included because it is not a request for magic or companions, but was considered based on how the God would respond.
Any rejections/refusals that were not included were discounted for not being related to the magic or companion requested.

For the selection of Aiko Darleane.

For the selection of Talianna.

Helovian Ancient
Admin

The GOD of the SUN

They came, like maggots from woodwork.

The God of the Sun watches with reproachful glares as the girl he specifically ordered away from his side appears in the midst of this land. The glimmer of her snow white coat reminiscent of all the beauty of Frostfall. With a haughty glance of disdain, golden eyes begin to burn. She is wise, choosing to remain in silence on the ground while she is so muddled with snow and ice. Instead, here dual colored eyes peer up owlishly at him, as though waiting for him to embrace her with harsh words or even less likely warm forgiveness. But no, he cannot bear to see her at this gathering of loyal worshippers and followers. Despite the pain mounting within his breast, he forces himself to act. From his hooves a trail of fire burns, becoming a wave and soon engulfing her. The image of the flame fades, having transported her back to her home in the Foothills. Let her bear the knowledge of her punishment, of his abandonment of her, in solitude.

The next to appear are but children, and the God could scoff at the showing. He gives of beauty, light, and brilliance, and yet the only ones to appear before him are lying wenches and useless babes? His contempt grows as their silence builds, feeling the nattering sound of white noise and crackling flames as they all stare dumbfounded at his glory. The Lord of Light is growing weary of the mortals already. Admittedly, the little firebreather appears to be half dragon and polite, which is slightly intriguing. However, the God already has met what he assumes is this one's sire. Vikram, the bastard child of an equine and the powerful dragon, had found a lass brave enough to bear his children. How lucky of him. All the more bitter the Sun feels.

He gives off warmth, but does he ever receive the same courtesy from others?

They all bow, even the full grown mare who appears after the children. Still, his pride is not heightened. The God of the Sun feels nothing from the automatic gestures, but had they been absent perhaps he might. However, she is the first to speak, rising from the flames he had strewn like a bitch in heat, but one with a voice, in the very least. "I need not be welcomed into the land I created," his voice echoes with a liquid sort of charm, biting yet in a light enough way. "Tell me, Talianna, what is it you desire from me?" Her name is plucked from her mind with little more than a glancing thought from the deity, his eyes glaring at her with golden fire.

A familiar voice calls to him then, and the deity breaks his gaze to turn to his Oracle, a small smile perked on his lips. "Hello, daughter of the Throat. You are most welcome to stand in the rays of the sun." The smile is ripped from the deity's face as another bastard of winter comes... straggling to his company. However, the quaking breath of the beast and the worried visage of the owl near to him makes the God sigh. A monster, a devil, an angry child - the Sun had been called all of these things, yet those who knew him well would see the truth. He is no mortal, but a heart still beats in the chest of gold.

"Mauja, you look terrible," he says, blithely, before taking the opportunity to joke with cutting golden eyes. "Playing with fire again, you naughty boy?" However, as his words glide from his mouth, the white tail snaps again. The liquid rays of the sun splatter upon the spotted and charred shoulder of the once great King, melding and growing with the flesh, stitching and mending the wound caused by a dragon. More importantly, the warmth of the Sun begins to sooth the roaring sting of burnt flesh as it repairs the nerve endings exposed to cold winter air. The God of the Sun may be easily enraged, but he is not a cruel bitch like his back stabbing sister. Mauja has faced enough turmoil at the hooves of Gods.

While his golden eyes watch the work of sunlight on skin, more children arrive, much to the annoyance of the Lord. They remain silent, much like the others, except for the tiny whisper of the last girl to arrive. Turning his elegant, horned head, the Sun looks toward the sweetly eyed filly with interest. "Hello, child," he says abruptly. "You are a daughter of my home, are you not?" He offers a light look, though the weight of the others still rides heavily. "I have a task for you."

"I would have you seek out three individuals foul and foreign to your eyes," he says, his words serious but voice quiet. "However, I need you to tell me their true dispositions, their hearts, and introduce me to their hidden selves. If you complete this task, I will give you a gift."

CREDITS
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
I HAVE BURNED MY TOMORROWS, AND I STAND INSIDE TODAY
At the edge of the future, and my dreams all fade away

Faces came and went, and such was life. She would never forget the words they spoke or the subtle colors of their coats, but she was tired, too tired to care that she would remember this - forever and always. As she stared upon the God of the Sun, the scent of blood and fire met her nostrils, and it woke her from her trance. She furrowed her brows and twitched her whiskers before turning her gaze to see Mauja nearly crash into her side, his eyes seemingly glazed over in pain.

Compassion filled her expression, and she looked over his wounds carefully, wishing for the umpteenth time that she had the capabilities of a healer. The entirety of his front, right shoulder seemed to be burned, the pale, soft fur that normally coated there charred away. Ophelia tore her gaze from the golden god and gently moved to press her soft lips to his crest, a gesture of comfort, that he was not alone.

The moment did not last long enough. It seemed as if the second Mauja asked to be healed in almost a manipulating way, the God turned to face herself. Would he be merciful? Would he realize that her desire for her memories was not a slight to him, but a necessity for survival? Or would he break her heart once more?

Fires begin to burn in her direction, and she tries to back away a few steps, confusion racing in her dual colored eyes. "Wait, no..." she murmured, feeling the fires climb up her legs painlessly. And then, she feels torn, trapped between two worlds and two moments. "Please, no... I..." she speaks into the ashen, smoky air before she disappears along with the flames.

I... need you.

The words unspoken lingered in the air as she found her hooves firmly planted on the snow covered grasses of the Foothills, all warmth gone. She feels the fissure in her soul widen, and she knows that she cannot face her family now. She is, and always will be, forsaken.

And thus, she turns to the north.

Image Credit: haiinee @ sxc.hu

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Talianna Posts: N/A
Unregistered
Be it flood or be it fire
I will come in times most dire

My thick brown locks and mottled feathers are buffeted by his warm breath, and I slowly open my eyes to watch him peacefully as he passes me by. I do not feel insulted when he turns away from me soon after he asks me of my intent. I do not feel mistreated when his stern words reach my ears. And, most importantly, I do not feel surprised as my name spills past his golden lips. The nature of my Gods was not a foreign subject to me and so it was not a shock to hear that he already knew me by name – he has probably already explored deep into my memories to find my reasons for appearing on his doorstep, and I find that I am puzzling over this matter. If he had been able to extract my name, then why would he give me the chance to inquire of him a gift that he could give me? But as my bi-colored eyes follow the God’s fiery gaze to the charred stallion, I see why -- he had wanted me to see what he was capable of doing.

The sun’s liquid rays pouring onto the wound, shifting and sliding and pulling and mending the mottled flesh, is like nothing I’ve ever seen before. I am well versed in the usage of herbs and plants to speed up the healing process of diseases and wounds, but a burn as bad as this unicorn’s would have taken weeks for me to heal. I find myself envious of this speedy process, but I quickly amend my selfish thoughts with a stern flick of my tail, beating on my striped hide.

Once the last of the sunlight has been taken in by his renewed skin, I walk towards the spotted stallion to take a closer a look. The Sun God has done a spectacular job – you can’t even see a scar – and I glance up at his shining face in awe. Just moments ago I had thought that his scorching of the earth had been a feat on its own, but the ability to cast the sun’s rays onto a wound and heal it is far more superior to that. My desire to offer my services to all will benefit from this ability, and I know what it is that I will ask for from my God.

Patiently waiting for his discussion with the fiery-maned child to close, I inquire, “God of Sun, I admire your ability to heal spotted one’s shoulder.” My accent is thick, and I pronounce each syllable with the utmost care. “I am healer, too. I can only use plants, though. I wish to be able to harvest the sun’s power – as you have – and make healing process quicker.” My dark lips curl into a smile as I realize that he is the first of his siblings to take the time to speak with me. “I am vessel of Gods, and if you ask something of me in return for this gift, I will do what is necessary.”

Walk walk walk.

"Talk talk talk".

Image Credits

Aiko Darleane Posts: N/A
Unregistered
You are my idea of beautiful
"The God of the Sun and Lord of Fire decides to grace me with his presence on this day. He first turns one mare away, with white hair and red tips like my father has, and she and her dragon are sent away. Shel tries to protest, and I watch with bright eyes as she disappears. But why? He is moving again, and I watch as he heals the dalmatian, asking him if he's been playing with fire, and what a naughty boy he is. I can't help but giggle in response, a smile pulsing on my small lips. He then speaks to a mark with stripes on her, though I don't recognize her. She is pretty, and the way she speaks is different. She speaks how I feel, liking how he healed the stallion, and how she wanted her own ability to heal like him. I admire the mare for wanting to have such an ability, for to be able to heal others if definitely such a noble task. The Gods walks to me, a look on his face of greeting, though with slight annoyance. At first I am surprised, my mouth dropping, and I almost forgot how to speak. I bow quickly, clumpy in my wake as I start to get nervous in front of the God, though my speech doesn't reflect it."

'Yes Mr. Fire God, I live in the Throat, the wonderful place that you've created. I will do such a thing for you my Lord, thank you very much!'

OCC: Whenever she completes this quest, I am using a small item so that she can receive her necklace that goes with this magic, and I would like him to give it to her when she appears to turn it in.

walk walk walk
"Talk talk talk".

Image Credits
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
There are things I have done
There's a place I have gone
There's a beast and I let it run
Now it's running my way
Her touch came from somewhere distant, like the kiss of a cold, bitter wind on hot and putrid flesh; both painful, and soothing. Mauja had almost been afraid of acknowledging her, afraid that she was just a dream his pain-exhausted mind had conjured, but her touch was real and he shivered, biting back a gasp. How come she was always there? That they always ended up with a faint touch, a shadow to hide in? This was not the first time she saw him at his worst, fire-wounded and bitter, and yet she didn't flinch at the grizzly mess, or berate him for his obviously careless ways. Tired, and wishing that collapsing at her feet wouldn't be so painful, he craned his head to the side, leaning into the touch as much as he could without sending his nerves into a crescendo of pain.

But, of course, that stolen moment was too short, as suddenly the Sun's attention was on them. Cold air filled the space her warm body had held, until a tongue of fire leaped into life, covering her up; Mauja flinched aside, gagging on a startled cry of pain, and almost fell to his knees as the world went darker. He could feel the throb of pain echoed in his skull, and it took every bit of his resolve to not black out. When the world was normal again, level and aligned, Ophelia was gone. Dumbly he stared at the spot where she had stood, so elegant and white and sad, and despite Irma's slight shock at the sudden flame, she was convinced Ophelia was still alive and well, somewhere else. That conviction kept his mouth shut, though he very much would've liked an explanation.

"Mauja, you look terrible," Sól said, and "I know," Mauja said; the golden humor seemed warm, somehow not the terrible wrath of the deity who had so carelessly burned their forest and thrown Hellena against a tree. At the comment of playing with fire, Mauja thought of all the things he could say — the dragon just came out of nowhere, of course I am, I didn't mean to... But in the end, he said nothing, and sunlight erupted with the crack of a tail. Pale yellow, golden and warm, it sank through his frayed and frazzled nerves, and the breath caught in his throat — touched, somehow, dumbstruck by the feeling. It felt.. good, in some way, a pleasant heat slowly chasing the throbbing pain away, and suddenly the faint wind didn't hurt at all. And then, it felt like it had before that fateful encounter, and a cautious lift of his hoof sent only a dull echo of the pain before his body realized it was gone. Blue eyes drifted up to the golden face of a God he had loathed, a God who had hurt him, a God he had shunned because he did not possess the icy control Mauja did, but was that so strange, with the flame rising and falling from the feathers of his wings?

"Takk," he said, voice quiet, but somehow he was sure Sól would hear him. "I think you might've healed more than a shoulder." The proud, quiet King of the North bowed his head again, but there was more behind it, not merely a greeting to a powerful being; white neck arched, then his head came up again, and he left the deity be with his two chosen.

He had much to think about, now, and oddly enough, the color gold kept coming back.
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Sakura Posts: 41
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 16hh :: Two Years (at time of death) Buff: NOVICE
Emily

Sakura</style>

Failure. Once again the God of the Sun ignored me and my wish to further my healing talents. Was it because I did not call his patron land home? If it was that was not my fault, as I was only comfortable where my family was, and my family was loyal to the Qian. Sure the leaders of the Qian... Or well, Lady Mirage... or is she my Aunt of sorts? Either way it was well known she and her family were followers of the moon. I suddenly smiled as I realized my cousin, Amaris had followed me.

The response the God had to the one who had arrived before me was surprising. He seemed to cover her in fire, which scared me at first thinking he was going to do the same to me.... But no. Just her, and when the flames disappeared she was gone. My attention then turned quickly to the one of white and spots... He had been burned... It almost looked like... Fire burns? No matter, the God of the Sun healed him before speaking to those he so clearly picked. With a sad sigh I turn, but something felt different. Call it, female intuition... Mother had always told me to follow that feeling. So many times that feeling lead me to eggs for a companion, even if I was yet to come home with one. Well now this feeling called again. Who was I not to follow it. With a soft snort to Amaris, wondering if she was going to follow me I took off for the Deep Forest..... Little did I know what I was going to find there..

"talk talk talk"

MY HEART IS EVER AT YOUR SERVICE.
credits: how-you-remind-me and phototori @ deviantart.com

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
It was with quiet, reserved interest that I observed all that unfolded. The pale horned girl, the one with the silver dragon by her side last time I saw her, was joined by a spotted steed. He interested me greatly, for upon his skin there was a mark, a burn if ever I saw one. I held dragon's blood in my veins, I had seen the effects fire had upon flesh first hand - I had eaten meat that had been burned - I knew the smell of it, the taste of it well. I was curious to know what could cause such an injury when winter so clearly had a grip upon the land, but somehow I already knew - only dragon's fire could cause such an injury, in such a place - that or the Fire Lord himself. He called the stallion Mauja, and suddenly an understanding lit up behind my eyes, followed swiftly perhaps by a slight shiver of fear. He was the enemy, the one in the Basin leading the unicorns against those who held no horn upon their crown. Daryth, upon my back crooned softly, his presence upon my back and mind soothing - the shiver ceases, and I watch as the Sun Lord looks over all those in the crowd. He overlooks me, and I do my best to think nothing of it - I am but a mere, youthful mortal, after all, why should his attention linger upon me?

With surprise I then witness a handful of very interesting things. The pale girl, Ophelia, is swallowed by flames, and not long after, similar flames and light drift to Mauja - removing the stain upon his hide where the burn previously sat. It took several moments of simply staring for me to process these facts; that fire could be used in such an offensive way - to remove an enemy - and that light could be sued in a positive way - to heal the burns fire itself inflicted. I was overwhelmed in my youth, at the many complexities of it, but I thought to the words of my mother, I clutched onto them tightly, and reminded myself that despite negative connotations, it is not the tool itself that is bad, but the bearer of the tool. Darkness was often associated with similar negativities, and my family adored the darkness and the wind that sculpted our home - it brought comfort. Now, I could see how fire and light could bring similar comforts.

My golden eyes turned back to the Lord of the Flame, and I took a tentative step closer to him, bowing my head to my chest once more, Daryth upon my back blowing a small stream of flames in the Lord's honour. Sakura's snort alerted me to her motion, and, summoning the same curiosity that led me to follow her in the first place, I turned my hide of gold and disappeared, southwesterly bound, to discover something that would leave my heart with nothing but sorrow to think about.
background pattern by Patrick Hoesly @ flickr.com
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Helovian Ancient
Admin

The GOD of the SUN

The disappearance of the white mare is ignored by the deity, his golden eyes avoiding looking in the direction of the flash of light as she is carried away, dispensed safely, but far from him. He turns his head toward Mauja instead, the noble king showing signs of humble appreciation, something the deity was not used to viewing in the proud statue of ice. He loathed the element, but somehow, seeing it bow to him filled the great chest with pride. The God of the Sun wonders if his brother may have been right about treating the mortals with kindness, but only for a moment. If he were always kind, they would certainly run to him. He would watch them live, grow, and eventually die, leaving his side empty and wanting.

The mortals were only good for reflecting his own glory, nothing more.

In response to Mauja's words, the glorious king of light and fire offers only a small smile, barely perceptible on his glowing, handsome features. As the ice king stumbles out, his attention turns toward the mare Talianna, ears perked forward to capture her voice as she makes her request. A thoughtful look grows on his face for a moment, until he tilts his crown up toward the sky, viewing the sun above. "I am not certain you are ready to carry the power of the Sun within you," he says bluntly, looking toward her with a hard look. "I will need to strengthen you for this honor.

"Firstly, I will need you to meet with one who honors me with their life, a loyal servant of the Sun. You will speak with them and learn of their devotion. Secondly, you will express your own devotion by converting a worshiper of my siblings to follow the path of light," he pauses while glancing over at her with burning, golden eyes. "Using whatever means necessary."

The small voice of a child rings in his ears next, and the beautifully sculpted deity turns to view the bowing girl. His eyes smile, despite the otherwise stoic features of his face. A loyal member of his home, shielded under the desert sun. "You are welcome, child." As his words come to a close, the deity disappears in a flash of spectral light, leaving behind a shimmer in the air.

( Sorry for the delay. )
CREDITS