the Rift

[OPEN] Appeal to Reason || Protectors and Others!

Romani Posts: 205
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: 9 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Kasai :: White Tiger :: Wind Whip Sparrow

Romani

She had been grazing on her own when the call came, seeming to cut through the frigid air and rumble the ground beneath her very hooves. At her side, little Kasai paused in the midst of her rolling, laying upon the ground with all four paws stuck upwards in the air. Quizzical ice-blue eyes turned towards the Haflinger, an emotion of curiosity dancing between their mental bond. Sparing the young tigress a glance, Romani smiled and motioned for the cub to get to her feet.

"Come, my sweet," the Protector began, urging the rather lazy feline to rise from her midday period of relaxation, "We must go."

The call had come from Destrier, one of the Wingleaders of the Edge. While not terribly familiar with the Friesian stallion, Romani showed a great deal of respect to him whenever they were in the same vicinity. He was strong, powerful, and admirable; a true warrior if she had ever seen one. In some ways, he reminded the palomino of Archibald, but... Destrier was far more gentle than the Dauntless, and his eyes were far kinder to look at. His loyalty to the Edge was unwavering, and Romani couldn't help but ponder if one day, she would be able to show such devotion.

Through the trees the two proceeded, Kasai padding silently beside her bondmate. Occasionally the cub would show images of things that she had in question, to which Romani would dutifully reply, but other than the brief inquiries, their journey was silent. In the back of Romani's mind, she wondered where Xanthos and Jasiri were... Of course, she didn't doubt in the slightest that her beloved mate was tending to their rather rambunctious child. Stepping elegantly through a collection of trees, the mare spotted Destrier, standing there like the dark knight that he was. A handsome male, for certain, but Romani's heart was and had been stolen by a certain grullo unicorn.

Romani listened, falling in with the crowd fo those that were gathering. Her crisp eyes sought out any that she knew... And it was there, in the midst of so many, that the Haflinger realized that she barely knew any of them. The Edge was her home, and she strived to protect it with her very life... But it was shocking to her that she barely even knew any of her herdmates. Briefly she made a mental note to make amends with that before listening intently to everything that Destrier said. She would nod her head when deemed appropriate, and only when the great Winglead asked who was interested in his proposal, did the golden-red mare step forward.

Giving her head a brief shake to rid her gaze of the cumbersome ivory strands of her forelock, Romani spoke up. Her voice was strong and determined, a spark shining in the depths of her azure gaze. For so long the Haflinger had been silent, milling in the background and living the family life, pining over the home she had lost in the Foothills... Now, it was time for her to wake up, to see the beauty and gift of what she had right in front of her; a home in the Edge. A home worth loving and protecting.

"Destrier, Sir," she began, lifting her head high and proud, "I feel this is a wonderful idea and a magnificent opportunity, especially to strengthen our bonds as a unit and see to it that our children are further protected. I offer myself and my abilities wherever you see fit. I have neglected my duties as a Protector, and I apologize a thousand times over for it; there is no excuse for my inactivity. But, with this, I hope I can redeem myself."

The True Soldier Fights Not Because
He Hates What is in Front of Him,
But Because he Loves What is Behind Him.

colourize-stock | arctic-stock | imi art

Please Tag Romani in all Replies!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Appeal to Reason || Protectors and Others! - by Romani - 06-05-2013, 09:22 PM
RE: Appeal to Reason || Protectors and Others! - by Laila - 06-07-2013, 08:46 PM
RE: Appeal to Reason || Protectors and Others! - by Sulwyn - 06-08-2013, 10:09 AM
RE: Appeal to Reason || Protectors and Others! - by Dúchanar - 06-17-2013, 04:02 PM