the Rift

[OPEN] Appeal to Reason || Protectors and Others!

Lace the Silverthorn Posts: 459
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 14 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Fajira :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath Chan

LACE</style>
before the sun sets
GLORY
</style>

They came padding towards the gathering just in time to hear the words of the black stallion. Drawn at first by little more than curiosity as to what Destrier could want the rest of them, a gleam of interest lit up within the eyes of the Glazier as he realized that not only had the steed made his way up in life since that time when Lace had welcomed him into the herd, he also seemed to have some pretty interesting ideas. Following behind an excited Fajira he drew closer to the gathering and nodded in acknowledgment to those he knew and in greeting to the few whose faces he had never seen before. With well hidden awkwardness he slipped in and halted next to Mirage, intently focusing his attention on the meeting rather than her presence - not the easiest of tasks, considering how strong her presence always seemed to him.

Black rimmed ears turned alertly from side to side as the others in the gathering spoke, from a flaxen lady he wasn't sure he had spoken to before, to Mirage and then over to catch the voice of Paladin. Lace offered the familiar warrior a recognizing smile, almost wishing for a moment that he too was an acolyte and could follow the red-and-black unicorn around; he had lost a spar against the other in the past, and knew well how much more he would have been able to learn.

The project definitely intrigued the gold-dusted craftsman however, and before he knew it he too had opened his mouth to speak. "I might be able to help as well. As you might know I often walk around Helovia and speak to both outcasts and members of other herds, and I wouldn't mind bringing along an acolyte or two once you deem them ready for it. They should be capable of at least basic self defense; I can teach them more about how to handle themselves out in the wild, conduct in regard to other herds and a bit more sparing." He shifted the weight between his legs and settled down more comfortably, white-tasseled tail whispering over sooty hocks as Fajira, tired of tumbling through the air with the other dragons, came to land on his croup.

"Teaching fledglings?" she asked amusedly and bent the neck around a wing to preen the shimmering white scales on a flank. "Must be first time you offer to do that..."
"Oh shush you... What's to say foals haven't become bearable since last I saw any?" Lace suppressed a smile, quietly agreeing with her incredulity; he was a bit surprised over himself too - kids weren't an area where he excelled, so to speak.
"Optimist" was the short reply he received, with a mindset that showed how thoroughly she had seen through him. The stallion swallowed a chuckle, then returned his focus onto the meeting.

CREDITS: Schwartze | venomxbaby | 116802
BronzeHalo.deviantart.com
♦ Permission granted to use magic and violence on Lace and Fajira
♦ Only tag in new threads, spars and if it's urgent
The Store | The Warden

Messages In This Thread
RE: Appeal to Reason || Protectors and Others! - by Lace - 06-06-2013, 05:23 PM
RE: Appeal to Reason || Protectors and Others! - by Laila - 06-07-2013, 08:46 PM
RE: Appeal to Reason || Protectors and Others! - by Sulwyn - 06-08-2013, 10:09 AM
RE: Appeal to Reason || Protectors and Others! - by Dúchanar - 06-17-2013, 04:02 PM