the Rift

[OPEN] Appeal to Reason || Protectors and Others!

Sulwyn Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Sulwyn

what is this world we live in?

The Friesian's deep tones captured the attention of a pair of waving ears, their previous goal of navigating through the dense mists no longer their top priority. The commanding boom of his voice sounded as if it were somewhere to their right, and so they sent a signal to the mobile units of their machine to set off on a new course entirely. Pivoting on silver wheels and rotating a sun-branded turret, the short and compact vehicle rolled cautiously through the fog, unable to pick out the snow-laden ground from the blank expanse ahead of it. Gradually the dark forms of the gathered group begin to come into view, and the hum of the engine quiets down so that it can listen to the ideas being tossed around better. Braking at the side of a younger painted filly -- the commander of the vessel identified her as Laila; daughter of Destrier -- the machine settles down to make the transition from tank to equine, and a pair of golden orbs rest on each attentive soldier as they speak, taking in as much information as they can about each individual.

This talk of working together to secure the borders interested the grulla to a much larger extent than she had expected; violence was not a common thought that crossed her mind. She didn't support the idea of shedding the blood of another, but she did know that it was a necessary action to make if you wanted to protect your family, and that was her top priority. If her Wing Leaders were willing to teach those younger than her, then surely they'd be willing to teach a pacifist, or at least teach the wraith how to defend herself.

With eyes cast to the ground, Sulwyn murmurs in her soft tone, "I wish to join you, but I have no experience in battle. My size can be rather limiting, but perhaps if I work along the other Acolytes I could be of more use?" Embarrassment and fear sweep through her silver frame like a harsh gale, and even her long sooty locks whip against her nape and crown. It was becoming increasingly difficult for her to keep her composure around the daunting commander, Kaj, and her belly churned with acid at the memory of speaking up against him.

Why had I even done it? What had possessed me to speak against the word of my superiors?

But she knew the answer to that constant question; she had a belief, and she felt the need to defend it. If she could turn her ferocity in politics to ferocity in battle, perhaps then she would have a better shot at being a contributing member of this growing group of willing Protectors.

{OOC: Late as always, and wretched, too! Sorry guys DX}
Text

Messages In This Thread
RE: Appeal to Reason || Protectors and Others! - by Laila - 06-07-2013, 08:46 PM
RE: Appeal to Reason || Protectors and Others! - by Sulwyn - 06-08-2013, 10:09 AM
RE: Appeal to Reason || Protectors and Others! - by Dúchanar - 06-17-2013, 04:02 PM