the Rift

[OPEN] Appeal to Reason || Protectors and Others!

Luken Posts: 27
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Equine :: 17.0 :: Three Years [Tallsun Born] HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Sparrow

By the time I arrived, I was ashamed to see so many others were already assembled. Some of them I knew, some of them I didn't, but... Immediately, my eyes sought out the familiar forms of my father and Laila. I wormed and squirmed my way through the gathered crowd, apologizing timidly when I would bump into someone, but I was nearly desperate to reach the dark forms of my family. They were what was constant in my life of self-doubt and foolish turmoil, my rocks of purchase in these dreary times of personal unfulfillment... I was too young to be bothered by these 'teenaged woes', but perhaps I was simply older than my years.

After all, Laila's and I's upbringing hadn't been smooth, since the abandonment of Tor. Immediately my teeth grit against one another, my jaw setting firmly. Oh, no. I wouldn't think of her, not now. Not when my future was set out before me, ripe and ready for the taking. I would become everything that my mother was not, and I would succeed where she had failed.

"Father, Laila," I stated breathlessly as I finally reached them, my barrel heaving and my spotted hide streaked with sweat, "I'm sorry, I was... Far away." For that was true. I had been near the borders of the Edge when I had heard my father's deep, summoning bellow, and had pushed my lanky and somewhat ungainly frame to reach the meeting place. After all, if I had simply ignored my father's call, it would put shame upon our family, and that was the last thing that I wanted. Situating myself beside my darker half, my dear Laila, I waited in silence as those around us said their piece.

I reached out to my twin, desperate for some sort of physical contact to assure that yes, I was loved. My muzzle tenderly brushed against Laila's ebony shoulder and I tucked my head, so that I could rest my forehead against her, neck bent somewhat awkwardly, nose downcast and eyes shut. Perhaps, if the urge had been stronger, I would have hid my face from those around us for the whole duration of the meeting. Did they stare at me and judge? Or did they simply not care and accept that it wasn't my fault? What had happened to me, I wondered briefly? I used to be so firm, so eager and ready to take on the world.

Slowly I turned my head, finally pulling myself out of my silent reverie and looked up at my father. He was so strong, so determined to give Laila and I a better life... Destrier was a role model not only for me and my sister, but for many in the Edge. I was certain of it. One day I hoped to be as great as him... I simply needed to be given the chance.

[ooc: Trying out first person again with Luken. Not sure what I think, so forgive me. XD]

LUKEN
One Day, I Shall Walk the Path of the Righteous

Messages In This Thread
RE: Appeal to Reason || Protectors and Others! - by Laila - 06-07-2013, 08:46 PM
RE: Appeal to Reason || Protectors and Others! - by Sulwyn - 06-08-2013, 10:09 AM
RE: Appeal to Reason || Protectors and Others! - by Luken - 06-15-2013, 02:11 AM
RE: Appeal to Reason || Protectors and Others! - by Dúchanar - 06-17-2013, 04:02 PM