the Rift

WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE [open]

Silent Star Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

There was no need to run here. Star felt safe among the forest and with no creature in site, she kept herself at a soft pace. Even if she was to run into someone here, she had no desire to weave in and out of the trees. It was peaceful enough to relax and not always be on the edge. Taking in each landmark and how the leaves fell from the sky, she had always taken time to look at the world around her. Having no voice allowed her to listen and listening helped her move on. She wonder from time to time if anyone else had notice how the trees make music. That the their barks tell a story or that the wind blows and whispers. She could not understand any of it but she felt like the world had been trying to tell her something. So many stories go un told but if you really listen you might just hear them.

Taking a deep breath and freezing in place, Star decided to take a break from her travels. The mare had no place to call her own and no side to choose. It was not in her nature to do so but in time it may catch up with her. The world was such a dangerous place and Star knew this for a fact. As a yearling her family had been attacked. There was no reason behind it. Her mother doing al she could to protect her and her father doing his best to lead the group away. They caught up with them and during the attack, that was when Star lost her voice forever. Star's mother did not survive the attack and she was left to die alone. Fate had other plans for Star, an older mare coming across the scene and taking Star under her wing. It was her who taught her how to live without a voice and listen to the world around her.

The mare also helped her with hope. With her parents death and killers still around, she feared the world. Now a days, Star was still a bit careful but open minded. With the time older mare had passed away. Leaving Star alone again. The mare had taught her how to write with her hooves. There was no magic involved. Having no companion she tried her best to socialize. Yet, many would just turn her away. Having no interest in a mare that could not speak. It was a sad fate but Star did not let that get to her. She hardly let anything bother her. Sure, it was sad but she was not about to go and give up. Something was out there for it. It was just a matter of time.

Alerion Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Alerion shoveled his feet through the snow that found its home on the ground of the threshold. The days had gotten colder and the days seemed to be shorter as the snow seemed to constantly fall. It had been some time since the grulla stallion had been in Helovia's threshold, and since he had met the odd character by the name of Gaucho. Gauchos demeanor was slightly weird, and his personality was even stranger, not to mention the way the odd stallion spoke.

His metal mask that clung to his face was cold to the touch on the outside, but kept his face warm on the inside. It provided as a type of warming mechanism during the winter, but also a type of cloak of his identity. Yes, the poor stallion still didn't want anyone to know who he was. He liked the feeling it gave him when people desperately looked at him, trying to figure out what the poor soul was really about.

The trees hung lower than the last time he saw them, maybe it was from the canopy of stow that they held and provided for. Or maybe they grew tired of standing in one place, with no sense of adventure.

The coat of a paint mare caught the eye of the shameful stallion, as his strides grew closer to her. His hot was easily visible as he approached her. "Hello miss, I am Alerion" his voice was calm as usual. Alerion had the type of voice that could sooth a baby to sleep. It was masculine, yet soft... powerful, yet subtle. "I come from the Dragon's Throat. Are you in need of any assistance? Or perhaps a friend in the dreaded weather?"

His head was hung low, in a show that he meant no harm, the snow slowly falling off the silver mask, making its gold accents shine.

does - thinks - talks

I PRAY for the beautiful
But they PREY on me

Image Credits

Silent Star Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Star had been traveling for some time now. She did not keep track of the days but knew when it was night and day at least. There was no real reason to keep track, she did not know her birthday and was a bit nervous recalling how long it has been since her parents death. For her it did not matter, she was alone and was no longer tied to anyone. Why keep track? However she did note that things had gotten cold and much of life around her was dead or dying. Winter was here, it just slipped her mind. So far the weather had not been bad and she did not think to take shelter just yet. Winter was her favorite time of year. For her it meant anew start. Once the snow was gone, new life could take over and the world was new again.

Ears twitch and her head turned to see a coming figure. Taking in his name and form, she wonder about his mask and how he held himself. Shameful? She did not think less of him because of it. Star knew that many different creatures roam these lands. None the same. Sighing she started to move her hoof among the dirt. Slowly she wrote out her name before the stallion. Silent/star. Than she step back from the words and offered a bow of respect. Hopefully he could read an understand. She did not choose to not speak, she just couldn't. Some did not get it while others took to it right away. Many did not speak by choice. If only Star was like them. Now she waited for the stallion to say something more. She did not have anything more to add.

He appeared kind and offered his assistance. The mare did not think she needed any, having been on her own for some time. Her eyes watch as the snow fell around them. It was peaceful here, even with his words. There was no threat as of yet. Something deep down told her to relax. Writhing with her hoof again she decided to add more. Hoping to ease the possible silence. It's a pleasure to meet you. That was all she could muster. Writing with hooves was not an easy tasks.

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
and i'd tell that i miss you but i'm sure it doesn't matter at all
Resplendence shuffled her feet. Her entire body having gained an extra layer of fur to deal with the cold air. She wasn't really one for this type of weather. Hooves kicked the snow as she trudged onward. She hadn't been down to these parts in a while. The last time she had done so she had helped a young stag by the name of Diesel. He hadn't been able to speak, and the other ones didn't like that fact much. She had stood up for him, as much as she could at the time.

And now, she was traveling this same direction again. Her body froze a little as she noticed the stag standing with his armour mask. Instantly, she deflated a little, prancing in place for a second before falling upon the familiar sight of hooves being dragged in the snow. Carefully, she pulled in tighter and turned just enough to read the writing. Silent Star. Perhaps a very fitting name. Giving the stag a wide berth she looked up toward him and gave a light nod of hello before allowing her soprano chords to tremor. "My name is Resplendence, though most prefer to call me Res - much simpler." She offered the two equines, flicking her one ear around to pick up the dull sounds that rung through her audit. "I have no real home, as of yet, though if you are looking for one I can easily lead you to a border of the Throat, where he presides, or the Edge which is his alliance. Both are lovely places - full of kind people." she explained, standing up a little taller as she flicked her tail so it wrapped nicely around her haunches a top the snow. She, obviously, was no threat. So petite and skittish. It didn't take much to jar her. In fact, one falling pack of snow from the trees above to her right had her bolting a few strides to the left in a panic only to snort in dismay of herself and still her tremors, an apology falling from her lips.

353 words
Hopefully we can get ya going soon!
@[Silent Star]
Credits
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love