the Rift

where the waters do not curve -- open

Athénaïs Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
swallow-boned, gaunt – this is what hunger looks like.

this was pain incarnate.

she was alone. always alone, her stride quiet and doe-like as she approached through the woodlands. mother – her thoughts found their way to a being she had never known, who she would never know. gaunt – she made a striking portrait, the girl. she was lissome – the very definition of it. her sides, too much like a sight-hound. the gentle ridges of her ribs protruded beneath the thin valor of her carmine dress. like an unbroken crest of a wave, every shift of the sinew a turn of the tide. if one could describe this stride in a word, it would be a whisper.

a whisper of movement: my, how appropriate.

the girl was small. she was delicate – a bloom, a flower, and petals. she seemed to glow, like a candle was held beneath the thin meshing of her flesh. i suppose you could have called her pretty. such a facetious word: pretty. it implied sweetness; it implied a gentleness that the hardened verdigris eyes lacked. they lacked sweetness. instead, they were hard. they were fierce. her eyes were comparable to an eagle’s, differing in shade and color alone. they were hungry, her eyes. they thirsted, and hawked at every snap of a twig, and gentle lark’s tune. doe-like, and cautioned. it was the only way to describe the manner in which she traveled. the girl, this athenais, she knew of the world’s horrors, of the injustices and maladies of living. she knew them well, like old and once dear friends. but, old dear friends one only wishes to avoid now. she had matured, after all. she had learned better, and knew enough to seek out different lifestyles, and different truths.

she had enough of well-told lies, and misplaced honesty. she had enough of pain, of melodrama. this was thirst. this was what hunger looked like.

athenais was insatiable, and all that would placate the girl was a good life.

she was hungry for a better way of living.

she paused, a stone's throw from the world. she'd pause, and perhaps wait. this was something she had grown accustomed to.

Valentine Posts: 203
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: 12
teeroo

THIS WORLD IN WHICH WE LIVE IN

SHOULD BE HID AWAY IN WRAPS

It felt good to be out and about, to be free and have all the world seem to be within your reach. It was a free day, no thinking, only doing. He decided to leave his struggling daughter at home, though he didn't quite escape her after all. She was a sneaky one, that Aiko Darleane, and she especially liked playing hide and seek with her father. She followed him very carefully, and he had no idea she was there. He stopped for a bit, taking in the cold Frostfall air, the memories that haunted him each winter floating around in his mind. He was almost twelve now, and it had been almost seven years since he has witnessed his parents slow decay away from life to death, and yet he could still remember everything, almost as if it was happening now. He shook his head, the white snow that has blurred his red and black mane falling in soft flakes back to the ground. He snorted. This was no time for dawdling, he had work to do. He wanted to try to find some sort of metal finish to go with a part of the wall, and though it would take some digging, he thought it might belong in the forest. Copper was a malleable metal, orange and red in color, and it would make a great joint for the main doors, so that they could moved it over and over again and it would be sturdy. And copper was also widely available, so they could find more if it needed to be fixed.

Yes, this was a good metal to get. Thus he started his search, Aiko traveling after him quietly, though he effort was wasted. Valentine was much to distracted trying to find this metal, that he barely spotted the filly before him. How strange that a young mare would be alone all out here in this weather, simply staring off into nothingness. He was curious now, and thought he needed to find a patch of copper before he left, she needed to be taking care of.

"Um, excuse me miss? Are you alright? You should probably go somewhere, for it's Frostfall, and wretched cold. Are you perhaps searching for a home, or are lost?"

"blah blah blah."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Horse Background Horn

I am no longer going into the cbox due to recent events. You can PM on this (Valentine's) account, go on my skype (teeroo777), or PM me on DA (teeroo). Thank you.

Credits to picture on page, since they won't show up since they are in black: http://twiwolf.deviantart.com/art/Free-Love-362011598