the Rift

[OPEN] Must Carry On [Healers, Meeting]

Smoke the Wild Rose Posts: 128
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 hh :: 10 Buff: SWIFT
Zaffre :: Common Blue Dragon :: Fire Breath Kachie
Mind still roiling with the news from Akaith, relayed through Zaffre, Smoke stirred herself from her frozen reverie and the emotions that still rebounded between herself and her dragon. This was news she needed to spread, as soon as possible. Turning, she headed for one of the few clearings large enough to accommodate all she expected to heed her call. Which she let loose, ringing in the cold, crisp air, even as she completed her short journey. Another cry was voiced, this time tinted with the emotions that threatened to strangle her.

Restless, she paced, until others began to arrive. Then she forced herself to stop, to stand still, poised with quiet dignity though with bowed head until she thought all had arrived that would. "My friends, it is a sad piece of news I must share with you. Our Moon Doctor, Torasin, was killed today in the Deep Forest. The perpetrator is yet unknown, but Mirage and Akaith and some of his children are with him now, and are laying him to rest." A quiver ran through the grulla mare then as her voice fell silent, fighting down the knot of sorrow that tried to choke her.

After a moment she began again, a new strength lending itself to her voice. "I've been asked to step up as Moon Doctor once more, and am determined to not fail everyone. Any who would like to learn the art of healing and rise perhaps to skilled healer and earn the healing magic the Moon has granted us, please let me know. I will do my best to instruct all who are interested in herb lore and basic techniques of first aid, and promote those who are particularly talented."

Dark eyes turned to all in turn, dimly wondering just who all would seek her teaching. "If anyone has anything to add, or any questions, I suppose now would be the time to ask."

((Dated immediately after Torasin's death thread, but before news of Solstice's and Tamira's deaths gets to the Edge.))

Query Posts: 48
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15 :: 7
Nogard
Query had been strolling along trying to get a lay of the herd lands that she had just joined in on when she stumbled upon a somewhat familiar face. It was that mare that had yelled at Paladin way back in the foothills. Query had been too distracted with Willow to know what all the yelling was about back then, and couldn't be bothered to try to recall it now. Not with the news the mare had just mentioned.

Torasin was now dead. Query didn't know Torasin well, but knew that he was always friendly to her the few times they met. He was even one of the first ones to greet her when she first stumbled across Anarore before it got taken over. She even fled from Anarore right behind him and managed to get lost for a while before stumbling into Helovia. She knew him to be a kind soul too.

The news shook Query a bit. Even though she wasn't close to him she still shed a tear for him.

The grulla was asking for more healers. This interested the ever curious Query. Well, if she became a healing assistant she would finally feel that she had a role to play in the herd other than just being a member. "If it's ok with you I'd love to learn the ways of healin'. I knew Torasin a brief bit but enough to know that he was a great guy. If I can learn how to help people out more maybe it'll help prevent more people like him from dyin'."

Sakura Posts: 41
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 16hh :: Two Years (at time of death) Buff: NOVICE
Emily

Sakura</style>

I returned home slowly, my steps much heavier than when I left. I knew nothing of a healer meeting, or that someone had already stepped up to take my Daddy's place. All I knew, as I walked with my cream coat splashed with blood.... Was that my beloved Daddy was dead. My world seemed to of come crashing down around me. What was even stranger, was that My mother too, was no where to be found. My brother Aaron, oh how I love him, and look up to him as well.... He's gone with Alanna to go find mother, to tell her of Daddy's murder.... Yes, that is what it was, murder...

It is to my surprise I hear Miss Smoke's voice speaking to a group... At first I am upset at the fact she is already moving into my Daddy's role... But at the same time, I can hear the pain in her own voice. Slowly I move toward the group and slip up to her side. She is a mother, as my brother has told me all about her daughter Kimber. Right now I may look close to an adult, but I feel like a newborn child. I want my mother and she is not here... So for now, the new Lady Moon Doctor will have to do. I press against her side, not caring what any of the others would think. One look at me an surely they will know it is my Daddy who died today... My Daddy who should be leading a much happier meeting... But no, fate or the Gods did not have that in plan for him.

I close my light green eyes, fighting back yet more salty tears. No, I would not cry anymore. Another mare speaks, and says that she barely knew my Daddy but that he was a great guy. She adds that she would like to learn the ways of healing to keep others like him from dying. I open my eyes, and only then look up to Smoke and softly speak. "I may be young, but I to wish to know the ways my Daddy knew..." My voice cracks and I look to the ground, determined not to cry again.

"talk talk talk"
MY HEART IS EVER AT YOUR SERVICE.
credits: how-you-remind-me and phototori @ deviantart.com

Serenity Posts: 78
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 7 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Avis

SERENITY</style>
You can't take the sky from me</style>

Serenity had remained in the Threshold for a little while longer, even after Africa and Thor had left. She had argued with herself on whether or not flying home was the right choice. Even though her family had sacrificed everything for her to escape, she felt guilt that plagued her stomach like colic. Why did she deserve freedom? She had never been overly upset about being a slave - she had not even fully understood what that meant. But, her parents were bound and determined that freedom was better.

Freedom was frightening. Every choice was laid out for her to choose without help, and she did not know which one was right. The mistakes she could make on her own, now, could cause her death.

Their sacrifice would not be for nothing. She was a leaf on the wind, and the wind would carry her faithfully. Serenity spread her star-kissed wings and launched her slender form from the hard earth, through the trees. Winter had claimed much of what she saw below, but a copse of trees straight west caught her attention. In a gentle spiral, she returned to the ground and quietly toed through the white powder to the edge of a thick forest, peering inside.

Voices, drifting in and out of the trees caught her attention, and with her wings hanging low at her sides, she cautiously peered out from around the glass, golden eyes wide with curiosity she had never been allowed to feel before.

A silver colored mare spoke, and she watched in rapt fascination. Sadness hung on those who gathered, and she furrowed her brows tightly. Carefully, she stepped into visibility, dark blue mane brushed over her pale, slender face. "Did you say healers?" she asked curiously, gaze dancing between those who had gathered for any signs of ill intent.

CREDITS by Boom Boom

STARS FADING BUT I LINGER ON DEAR
STILL CRAVING YOUR KISS
(Please tag me in every post)

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
and i'd tell that i miss you but i'm sure it doesn't matter at all
Resplendence had been stumbling around. The world colder than she had expected this far into the season. Her coat had thickened immensely and she was finding it easier to hop through the snow. She was traveling more than she ever had. Exhaustion looping through her bones as she trudged forward.

She had one reason for traveling. She had one reason for attempting to be brave. That reason was the one soul she had let herself fall for. She would not let him die. She could not deal with another death on her plate. It would ruin the remains of her mangled heart to a soured, wrinkled mess that lacked the ability to beat. She would shrivel up and quickly become useless. She needed him - no matter that she didn't want to admit that. He was proving to her that she could be worth something. And, really, she had long given up on that thought after Ciro had passed. Ciro and the twins had been her sustenance. And they were gone. She couldn't change that, no one could, but Quilyan sure could make it seem a little better.

Still trembling she hopped through the snow, legs moving faster than before. A shrill call could be heard in the distance, and it resonated in her soul. It was a call of sadness. One completely filled with an emotion that connected deep in her memories and caused her probably more pain than was reasonable.

She shuffled faster, coughing at the cold but ignoring the searing pain in her pillars as she continued to move toward the noise. She was probably in some herd lands. She probably wasn't safe. But she didn't care. She had been thrust from her home a while ago, and had to travel alone without much hope left. Now she had some. Perhaps she'd fall upon the healers. Perhaps she'd find help for Quil. Her face lit up a little as she started to edge in closer to the group assembled. Healers. They were healers! She could get Quil help perhaps! She shuffled in a little closer only to glance up to see wings beating. Resplendence instantly shrunk back. Wings. Wings could decapitate. Why she was so hell-bent on believing that no one would know. But she had a fear of everything. So, really, the fact that she was only scurrying away from the beating wings was a miracle.

Quietly, she peered up, clearing her throat as she pushed toward the front. She had no doubt that Quil would most likely be right behind her. "Please, ma'am." she whispered, voice trembling in uncertainty. "I know I am not of your herd, nor do I have any real right to be asking, but would it be possible for you to help my friend?" Res's voice broke again. Closing her eyes as she backed up a few steps, the bravery beginning to wear off. "His wing is badly injured. And I believe he's getting a fever. I can't lose him. If you could heal him I would forever be in your debt." she finished off, giving a deep (and nervous) bow to the mare who was addressing the gathering before glancing back at Quil, fear for losing him radiating in her orbs.

551 words
Res can't hurt a fly ._. don't kill her xD
Credits
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Quilyan Posts: 206
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zarina :: Pygmy Marmoset :: Quantum Leap ChaoticMelodies

But when his heart was lifted up, and his mind hardened in pride...
Quilyan
...he was deposed from his kingly throne, and they took his glory from him.

Every time she stumbles, he winces anew, though his own wounds seem to be faring much better in the cold. Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that with the cold comes numbness, but he doesn't dwell on that too much. He allows her to lead the way, as she is the one who is determined for him to see a healer, but he is by her side, only a hair's length away. He lost her, once, but he is not going to do so a second time. He trudges wearily onward, refusing to admit that he follows her lead because he can no longer remember where they are going. The fever that plagued him while he searched for her had only grown worse during the time that they had been reunited, and more often than not he finds himself in a state of muddled bewilderment.

Zarina spends as much time riding on Resplendence's withers as she does her bonded's now. She cannot bear to feel the heat emanating from his flesh, and she dislikes disturbing him by scurrying up and down his nape. With the mare, she finds that she can perch upon the poll and survey the area, from time to time leaping to a tree trunk and scampering to the top to look ahead. It is quite easy for her to catch up and plop onto Resplendence's back once more, though after the first time she did this, she learned that a chirp of warning is much easier than a fear-inspired tumble into the snow.

When they arrive in the Edge, Zarina moves back to her bonded, hoping that a gentle cuddle in his mane will help to reassure him. She can feel his nervousness, though he went to great lengths to hide it from Resplendence. This is not their land, after all; they do not belong here. What if they are chased away? What if he is wounded further? How is he supposed to protect her now, from whatever they may find? She cannot answer, and instead sends reassuring feelings through the bond. Surely the inhabitants of this land will help him; the wound is clearly infected, and he is clearly not in his right mind. What would they stand to gain from sending him away? He wants to tell her to stop, to wait at the border, but he cannot seem to find the energy.

He does not notice the others immediately, but looks around him with a mild sort of surprise when Resplendence begins to speak. He has halted beside her, and folds his uninjured wing over her back in a sort of protective barrier, hoping to reassure her. Words, however, fail him, though it is clear by the glassy look in his eyes that he is ill. Exhaustion has begun to work its way into his system, and he wants nothing more than to lie down. Finally, he manages a single raspy word: "Please."

[W/C | ---]
Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.

RayoDeSoleil.deviantart.com | Ness8Bit.deviantart.com

Please tag Quilyan in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to plot with Quilyan? Visit his plot page here!

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit
The journey back home had been a tough one. Akaith had stayed in the skies above, while the shadow mare had stayed below, leading the children home, away from the death of their beloved one. The little dragon in the skies above them did her best to keep the group of equines moving, while also keep the mind of her bonded distracted from the darkness rimmed fire that threatened to consume her, to shroud her in an insane cloud of anger, passion, devotion and heartbreak. The little queen also kept a watch out for enemies, and they were fortunate not to cross the path of any unknown characters on their journey home, in part thanks to Akaith's aerial directions that led them inevitably away from where others may be gathering.

"I saw the spotted one, mother, the one you say wants to kill us."
"Did you, dear?"
"Yes, at the Heart. He was burned."
"Stay away from the Heart. You were lucky not to be burned yourself."

The conversation had been undertaken between daughter and mother, with the shadowy mistress replying in dull monotones, warning her child away from the dangerous depths of the Heart, cruelly and unintentionally shutting her out. Upon entering the borders of their homeland, she had realised the extent of her abruptness, and promptly apologised to her quiet golden daughter, embracing her warmly, with tears brimming her tightly shut eyes as she did so.
"I am sorry, my dear. My own heart hurts."
"I know mother. It is all right."

She had seen that Sakura was venturing towards familiar faces, before she wrapped herself in her cloak and sought the comfort of solitude, for as long as she would be allowed. Akaith barely allowed it, as the mare made to walk straight to the edge of her home, the golden one alerted her of new blood walking in their lands - strangers, outcasts. Weary from the journey but pressured by the need to be present, the mare pushed herself and her tired body towards the gathering Smoke had hailed, her cloak still in place, the golden dragon flying ahead to greet the newly titled Moon Doctor herself, eyeing those she did not know with keen draconic interest. Through her eyes, Mirage did see the damage wrought upon the pegasus steed, and she heard the request made by the equine mare.

There were too many resemblances to the bloody scene she had just left. The stallion, golden and ivory in hue, was near death - Mirage would heal him herself if she had the ability. Quite out of nowhere, she appeared by Smoke's side, looking to each attendee with quiet governance and acceptance.

"Heal him." She instructed simply, knowing that the mare would not hesitate to help one in need. "Who are you?" Her gaze lingered on the pegasus mare of starry skies, before drifting to the pegasus stallion, and finally to the equine mare who made the request. It was a question directed to all of them, and she expected them to answer her promptly, or otherwise be redirected swiftly to the borders from whence they came.
background pattern by webstreats @ flickr.com

Hidden Account
Her call was answered, and by some of the most unexpected sources. A mare of the herd, dimly familiar for the peculiar black marking that adorned her face, arrived and mentioned both an interest in healing and an acquaintance with the head. Solemnly the grulla mare nodded to her. "It would be a pleasure to train you."

The next to show threw a wrench into her heart, pale coat darkened by blood, young body crossing the small distance to press against the Wild Rose's side. Young Sakura was much of an age with Israfel, and it made Smoke ache to think of her own youngest daughter deprived of one of her parents, like her elder children had grown up. Sympathetic, she bent her head to draw the young filly closer, a silent hug of understanding and quiet affection. "I taught your father, Sakura, when he became Healer of the Oasis. It would be an honor to teach his daughter." Warmth and kindness colored her voice, lit her gaze.

And then the unusual ones arrived. Lifting her dark head from comforting Sakura, Smoke watched an interestingly marked pegasus arrive from amidst the trees, inquirying about healers. "Indeed I did. I am looking for those to train up to serve the herd..." Barely had she managed to speak those leading words before her intent to gently interrogate and potentially invite this interest outcast into their numbers than a dramatic couple stumbled in.

And rather quite literately stumbled in. A mare with pale stripes upon her back, steps short and shuffling, appeared leading a painted stallion with one wing askew. White edged ears perked forward as a quiet voice pleaded for healing for her friend, revealing the fact of a broken wing and a rising fever. Dark eyes shifted to the stallion, assessing his symptoms before she began to step forward...

And then Mirage apparated beside her. Automatically Smoke flinched, but recognized the black mare before more dramatic self-defense reflexes could kick in. A rueful smile crossed her features as the Dragonheart approved and insisted upon actions she was already intending to make, but Smoke didn't bother to make a comment. She could sense Zaffre's physical presence now, winging home in a sedate fashion. Gently she pressed against his mind, requesting that he retrieve some herbs for her.

Even as his wings beat with renewed vigor, path veering to where he knew she kept her herbal supplies, Smoke stepped across the clearing. A reassuring smile was offered to the nervous mare before she moved to inspect the stallion's damaged wing. Muzzle dipping close but not touching, she extended her senses through the healer's magic, tendrils of wispy darkness dancing over pale and golden feathers. Seeking, seeking... and finding the break. Body growing still as she assessed the damage, Smoke determined with careful calculation just what was needed to repair the wing and return full use to it. Then she threw herself into the healing, wrapping the stallion's wing in swirling darkness. Mending the bones, restoring muscles damaged from stretching in ways they were not meant to stretch, cleansing blood gone dark with impending infection.

Then she stepped back, snorting softly with the magickal exertion. With a strange sense of timing her dragon appeared, carrying a bundled skin that was full of herbs. He settled upon her haunches, not even inspiring the smallest twitch, and tugged the bundle apart. Cupped wings kept stray twigs from falling, catching them long enough for the blue to gather them up again. Guided by Smoke's thoughts, he combined herbs into two different collections, twisting and tying them together to keep them from falling apart while he rebundled the skin and its contents.

"This will help the fever come the rest of the way down. I've cleansed your blood and healed your wing, but you should rest both it and yourself." One bundle was proffered by Zaffre, stuck precariously close to the stallion's face with an air of expectance that he would comply and not argue. "And this one will strengthen you, miss, and fight against that cold you sound to be catching. You should both rest, or you'll make yourselves sicker than you already are." The second twist of herbs was extended to the striped mare, the dragon's jade eyes twinkling with friendly intent.

Query Posts: 48
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15 :: 7
Nogard
A young white staggered in after Query with her head hung low. The poor thing still had tear stains from crying so much.

As she plopped against the mare that had called the meeting she mentioned that she wanted to learn the ways of her faugther. It was at that moment that it clicked in Query's head that this was one of Torasin's kids.

Query's heart sank to see the youngling have to go through such a hardship. She couldn't even imagine what it was like to lose a father, especially since Query never really got to know her parents.

Next a feathered pegasus had cautiously came into the meeting and just asked a simple question while staring around at everyone.

Then came another mare stumbling along in exaustion that was begging for a healer for her friend as he came stumbling along right behind her with his wing slightly mangled. Query couldn't help but wonder what happened but saved her questions for another time for now.

Then appearing out of nowhere and causing the grulla to flinch and what looked to be almost take a bit more seriuos action Mirage had appeared and instructed the grulla to go ahead and heal the injured pegasus stallion.

"Hello Mirage, I'm not sure if you remember me, but I'm Query, we've met a couple of times and you had even once invited me to join your group that was known as the Qian."

"And thank you...I'm sorry, I don't recall your name. I remember seeing you only for a brief bit before you had left the foothills when the heard meeting had been called there."

From there she had addressed the young one as Sakura and mentioned that she had taught Torasin as well and would be glad to teach the rest of us the ways as well.

From there she tended to the stallions broken wing. Query watched in awe as the grulla worked her magic and then as she finished a blue dragon had appeared which left Query in more awe as the grulla was able to control the dragon. That and he was just so adorable that Query moved up for a closer look.

Sakura Posts: 41
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 16hh :: Two Years (at time of death) Buff: NOVICE
Emily

Sakura</style>

More came as I leaned against Lady Smoke for comfort. The first to come was a pegasus mare who was not from the herd. Shortly after she was joined by two more. My light green eyes stare at them all. They did not belong here, not in this time of sadness. Instead of lashing out at any of them, i hide my face against Lady Smoke's side. I did not move to look at any of them again until I could hear Mirage's voice. At that sound I stepped back around Lady Smoke and moved, pushing my small frame between the to of them. They were my comfort while my mother could not be found. These were the ones I leaned on when my family was not near.

Heal him. The words spoken were simple but it took Lady Smoke from my side. I started to protest but instead called upon my own magic of soothing. We all needed it in a time like this. I focused on those around me instead of myself, leaning against Mirage instead. We all needed to be calm and soothed. Many of us, at least those who knew my Daddy were hurting just like me. However I knew he would not want us to hurt. He would want them to be ok. So even if I hurt inside, maybe just maybe the magic would ease the pain of those around me for just a little while... Even if the I felt like my heart had been torn apart.

"talk talk talk"
MY HEART IS EVER AT YOUR SERVICE.
credits: how-you-remind-me and phototori @ deviantart.com

Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE

Quilyan

[OOC | PP okayed by abba, as was skipping her in the posting order.]

He is vaguely aware of the goings-on, dimly acknowledges that they are surrounded by strangers in a land that is not theirs. Resplendence has spoken her piece, but it has scared her - he knows her too well to miss it, by now - and so when she retreats under his unbroken wing, he pulls her tightly to his side, desperately trying to look as though he can protect her. Zarina sighs, rolling her eyes, and through the bond he knows that he makes quite the pathetic protector. At least, right now. When the dark mare gives the order to heal him, he almost misses it; and so when the unknown mare approaches him, he momentarily pins his ears in confusion. Zarina scurries to his poll and cuffs his right aud, chittering angrily, and he relaxes, offering a dazed but apologetic smile.

The healing is quick and painless, and slowly he begins to regain his sense of self. The lackluster look in his eyes begins to fade and is instead replaced with exhaustion - when was the last time he slept? - and as his wing mends and loses the infection, he finds that he feels better than he has in weeks. For the first time, he truly acknowledges his stupidity in waiting so long to see a healer. She was right, he thinks ruefully, sneaking an affectionate glance at the mare under his wing. Perhaps one day he will learn that the mare is always right, but for now, he will chalk it up to coincidence.

The dark mare - is she the leader? - asks who they are, and as Resplendence seems to be in no condition to respond, he takes charge. His words are calm and quiet, though his voice and face are etched with fatigue. Once, he was a prince. Once, he would have drawn himself up to look regal, to prove that he was above their station. But oh, how he has changed! "I am sorry to have trespassed, m'lady," he begins, and he is surprised by how weak he sounds. "My name is Quilyan, and this is Resplendence. She was displaced by the invasion of the Foothills, and I was wounded fighting for them. To protect her." Again he glances at her warmly. "We were separated, and when we found one another again, we were in very bad shape, as you can see. I don't know that either of us noticed crossing into a herd land..." He trails off, unsure how to proceed. Would they kick the couple out now? Or would they invite them to stay?

And what would he want to do?

@[Resplendence]
[W/C | ---]
Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.

Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Resplendence
Resplendence shuffled her feet, pulling up under Quil's good wing as she watched the dark mare suddenly appear beside the one who seemed to have called the meeting. Her rosette audit perked upward in shock, eyes widening instantly as she stumbled back a few steps. Instantly ducking her head so that she was burrowed completely underneath his wing. They had crossed the border. She hadn't intended too, she had just been following the call that was fluctuating with pain. It had been such a familiar call she couldn't have ignored it. And she had hoped, so dearly hoped, that following that call would at least somehow aid her in finding Quil a healer. That plan had done just that - found a healer - but it had also sent a little hiccup into the event. She hadn't planned on the leader appearing. Though, it only made sense.

"Heal him" came the chords laced with authority. A kind authority, but one definitely not to be trifled with. Crawling out of the cocoon Quil's wing provided she inched to the side. She wanted to give the healer room to ensure that he was going to be fine and that she didn't interrupt the process. Of course, her trembling only increased now that she knew that there was nothing between her and the horrors of the world. A reassuring smile was tossed her way and it allowed the mare to calm just a little bit as she eyed the healer who was so close to his injured wing. Don't hurt him. Please don't cause him more pain trying to figure out what's wrong! Res's gold eyes lock onto the black tendrils as they curl up around his extended wing. Charcoaled smoke curling delicately around his golden feathers. They seemed to be looking, poking, prodding, inspecting every little crevice of his wing. Tendrils cautiously sliding across his bodice until they locked onto one area.

The magic seemed to have a mind of it's own and it put Resplendence in a state of unease. Golden eyes flickered back and forth between tendril to tendril as she backed away again. And the black wisps spread, wrapping around his wing. Darkness covering him as though it were a bandage. His wing stretching back out, finally, to the way a wing was supposed to look. A soft breath escaped her maw, allowing her own grey tendrils to pool up in the air around her face. Instantly, she ducked her face away, eyes closing as they seemed to pull tighter against his injured wing. Please don't hurt him. Please let him be better... she pleaded to herself.

When she opened her eyes the swirls of smokey darkness had faded into the air again. Shifting just a little to the side her head shot up at the sound of flapping wings. A blue dragon was heading toward them. A bundle in it's hands. But it didn't matter that he had landed on the healers back, or that he was now combining herbs for their safety. It was only the fact that there was a dragon now. She stumbled back a few steps, pure panic flooding every fiber of her being. Dragons were not meant to exist. Yet one was right in front of her, moving his wings and catching falling sticks. Her entire mind was beginning to blow.

Then, the dragon came toward Quil, sticking out a bundle precariously close to his face with an air of authority that she had also felt with the magically materializing ebony mare. As soon as Quil took the bundle the dragon moved closer to her face. Something to strengthen her. An order to rest. She could agree with that. The dragon extended a twisted bundle of herbs toward her as she stepped back a few inches. Then, cautiously she extended her maw out to snatch the dangling offering in her teeth and retreating under Quil's wing which hadn't been injured. The blue dragon's eyes had shown only friendliness but she still fully believed that a dragon was not meant to exist and it unsettled her more than anything.

Though, it seemed that a wave of calm was spread around the entire area. Res's eyes fell upon the younger mare with a pelt near as pale as Res's base coat. Curling up underneath the wing she attempted to calm herself. Taking in deep breaths as she listened to her Knight's calming voice. He started to explain, apologizing for trespassing upon their herd land and offering their names. He continually glances back toward Res as he elaborates on how he became injured and how they ended up landing here.

Res couldn't stay quiet much longer. Gently, she stepped forward, still hiding half of her barely trembling frame beneath his layer of pale feathering. "I'm sorry, ma'am. I didn't mean to intrude upon your land. I hadn't noticed we had crossed into herd land until we were in the meeting. It's not his fault. He was barely able to move, he wasn't even certain of where we were heading..." Her voice tumbling from her maw in an explanation. "I heard a familiar cry. Not familiar in sound, I suppose, but familiar in the tones and emotions pouring from it. Someone was lost. Someone close. I understood the pain. I was hoping that, perhaps, if I could find them I could help console or do anything as it is near impossible to say much to those in such pain, and that just maybe they'd be able to direct us to a nearby healer..." She paused, having to take a breath in as she glanced up toward Quil, meeting his eyes for a split second to keep her bravery up. In all honesty, she would have preferred to stay hidden and not say a word. "You see, we don't have a home to go back to at the moment, and there was no way he was going to make it to the healer in the Foothills. I apologize, sincerely, for any troubles this may have caused, ma'am. We mean no harm, and we will leave if you so wish." Res bowed her head slightly in shame, ear flicking to the side a little as she let out a short breath before adding on one last thing, "Though, if you would be gracious enough to let us stay we would forever be in your debt, and I would be willing to attempt to repay it by learning the arts of healing as well," her voice falling down to a whisper as her bravery faded completely and she tucked herself back up underneath his wing.

They needed a place to stay. They couldn't keep wandering. Here was just as good a place as any other - if they would allow them to seek refuge here...

1151 words
o.o Burst of muse. Sorry guys XD
@[Serenity]
Credits
When I'm ready to fall
With love

Serenity Posts: 78
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 7 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Avis

SERENITY</style>
You can't take the sky from me</style>

So much happened all at once. Serenity watched with a wary fascinating, blue tipped ears tilted to the side and neck lifted. Star kissed wings hung at her side, prepared to tear through the tops of the trees if she had to, but luckily, everyone present seemed friendly enough. An injured stallion and a mare stumbled in, begging to be healed by the silver one who was here first, the one who had summoned the healers. Convenient, right? What startled her next was the sight of a golden dragon who fluttered to the grulla. Did she not know the dangers and wisdom of dragons? Why was this one so small?

Serenity had known of dragons back home, or at least the legends of them, whispered to one another in secrecy. The dragons were a forbidden topic, but her elders had always said that they were massive, magnificent scaled beasts who ate her kind straight from the sky. But this one seemed docile, entirely uninterested in eating anyone in the nearby vicinity, and that was very intriguing. A black mare seemed to appear from a blur, and moments passed before Serenity realized that the black one was asking her a question.

The star kissed mare frowned a little. Who was she, really? Self discovery had never really been allowed before, and she felt herself hopelessly lost in her own head. Healing seemed interesting, but it was barely a sip of the wine the world had to offer. Was this what she wanted to commit to? Would they allow her to stay? To study? To travel? It was daunting, having the four directions and everywhere between beneath her wings, but it was also becoming steadily more exciting.

"My name is Serenity, and I am... no one, right now," she answered the black mare with the gold, dragon tattoo. "I am just a leaf on the wind, landing where I must and picking up again. Am I welcome here?" she asked, looking to all those who gathered. She would not trespass where she was not allowed. "A stallion by the name of Thor told me about a land called the World's Edge, so I flew in the general direction. Is that this place?"

Serenity waited patiently for her answers, hawkish eyes darting between all the activity and apologizes and thanks murmured from healer, to black mare to underlings. The dynamic was fascinating, and what was even more interesting was the fact that they treated each other as equals. Was slavery unheard of here? Was she finally free from even the whisper of those shackles that had once bound her to the ground?

CREDITS by Boom Boom

STARS FADING BUT I LINGER ON DEAR
STILL CRAVING YOUR KISS
(Please tag me in every post)

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit
The flinches and jumps that coursed through everyone wet unnoticed by the grieving WeyrLeader, else she might have apologised for her brash cessation of magic in the midst of the fray. The presence of Sakura close by her hide was welcomed, if only by the sheer fact that she did not push her away. The dark mare needed others to be close by now, she needed that reassurance, though it would still take time for her to properly heal from the loss of such a monumental figure in her life. Unbeknownst to her, the little filly was exuding magic that further soothed her soul, so that as the activities that followed occurred, she was better able to accept them with a controlled manner.

"Welcome, Query." Her words were quiet, and perhaps a little bit forced, for the welcome she was trying to convey despite the crippling darkness and depression that was threatening to swallow her whole. The pale mare with the quizzical façade was indeed welcome - Mirage was in fact glad to see her, she would later realise, the simple belle was a strange sort of simple comfort in herself, one that Mirage would not turn away now nor in the future. As Smoke expertly wielded the magic that had once been held by the one just lost to death, the little shadow mare watched with interest, as the companion of the stallion settled him, and the mare by his side continued to support him. It was a relationship built upon strong foundations, one that the mare admired, one that she even longed to have within her own ranks.

Their story was heard with sympathetic ears, as she learned that they were more castaways from the Foothills - at the back of her mind, she frowned once again at the ruthless actions of the Grey - the mare nodded in acknowledgement of both the healed stallion's, and his mare friend's words, learning their names in the process. "You are forgiven for your trespass. I suspect I would have done the same if I were in a similar situation." Swiftly she hoped to ease their worries of that particular offense. "I am Mirage, WeyrLeader here. You owe me, nor the Edge, no debt - but should you wish to reside here - both of you - you would be embraced by our family as kin. You need only accept." Simply, concisely, she made the offer clear, before turning her attention to the starry, golden hued pegasus mare.

"Serenity, welcome. You do indeed stand in the World's Edge. The stallion you speak of is my equal in rank and esteem. We are a family here, and that he directed you to our home means that you too, would be welcome to stay here, if you so wish it." Had the mare not just experienced the death of her closest friend, nor come across another stallion of similar build and hue suffering from potentially mortal wounds, she might not have been so generous. But what Mirage needed right now, was reassurance that her family was strong, that they would all survive this cruel turn of events - that they would endure through all that was thrown at them, no matter what.

[ ooc :: @[Smoke]
Sorry for the wait loves <3 ]
background pattern by webstreats @ flickr.com

Hidden Account
It was a strange sensation, to have a youngster pressed against her side so firmly, one who stood closer to her height than her body was accustomed to. A dim memory fluttered through her mind, a recollection of a time years in the past, a happier time. She remembered standing on a great open field, young Marius at her side, meeting Masq and little Vasya for the first time. He had huddled against her then, as Sakura pressed against her now, but had conquered his shyness and gone off to play with the little grulla paint filly while she had stood and watched and talked to Masq. Had that really been the last time she'd really talked to her old friend?

But there was no time to recollect on events of her distant past for very long, for she was then moving to heal the pegasus stallion. It was only after, as he spoke up in response to Mirage's questioning and introduced himself and his companion, did the Wild Rose realize that Query had spoken to her. Yes, she had noticed the pale mare's speaking, but hadn't initially registered the change of addressee until now. A smile crossed her features as she glanced back at the mare, but saved her answer to the unspoken question for a slightly later point.

The quiet chortle from Zaffre after Resplendence conquered her nervous fear long enough to take a healer's orders and the dragon's offered herbs drew the grulla mare's attention. Her gaze shifted to him as his inner laughter chimed through the bond, smiling despite herself.

There was no need for her to speak in the wake of the words and introductions of Quilyan, Resplendence, and Serenity, only to listen as Mirage forgave their intrusion into the herd and extended an invitation for them to join. Only in the wake of the Dragonheart's words did she speak up.

"I am the Moon Doctor here, and am known as Smoke the Wild Rose. I would be quite pleased to teach any of you all that you'd like to learn. Herb-craft, and how to wield the Moon's magic to heal to the very promising." Her gaze shifted from Resplendence, to Serenity, to Query, to Sakura. Then it moved to Quilyan, with a little smile. "Those who are not interested can approach one of our Glaziers about learning the crafter's trade, or one of the Wingleaders about becoming a protector. But all are encouraged to learn a little about defending themselves and their comrades, and tending to the hurts of both."

Stepping back to reclaim her earlier position near Mirage with Sakura between them, she continued. "I plan to begin lessons for nurses and acolytes shortly. And to offer lessons to protectors and other interested parties in basic herb-craft."

((posting order is a lie...))

Resplendence
The one who had the air of a leader spoke, saying that both Res and Quil were forgiven of their trespassing, words lingering in the air that suggested she would have done the same thing. Res, was of course still trembling as she stayed hidden beneath Quil's protective breadth of wings. She couldn't concentrate on anything. But her tail was swishing rhythmically as she swayed back and forth underneath the wing of the only one she fully trusted at the moment.

The dark mare introduced herself as Mirage, the leader of these lands and instantly Res's eyes widened. Her entire body tensing up a little as she stood a little taller, her head bowing down in definite respect - even more than before. The offer to reside here was left to hang in the air. So, with a gentle nip to Quil's shoulder to tell him that he was joining her here now, she waited for the dark mare to finish speaking before Res's frail voice spoke back up. "I would love to reside here, ma'am, and I am almost certain Quilyan would as well. Thank you so much. Your kindness will never be forgotten, ma'am" she said, resting her weight against his side in an attempt to stop her legs from trembling - hoping that feeling his beating heart would be enough to calm her panicked mind down completely.

The other mare introduced herself. Smoke the Wild Rose was her name, explaining how she would like to teach those who wished to learn. Again, the nervousness was forever present, but the frail voice spoke up once more, "I'd love to learn - so perhaps I can finally be of some help..." she finished before allowing her voice to die out completely, one ear twisting around and attempting to take in everything around her. So many people. She couldn't handle it. It really was just too much for her poor brain to handle...

327 words
omg so crappy - haven't played Res in so long.
now for quil and they are in?
Kachie hounded me to skip people... xD
@[Quilyan]
Credits
When I'm ready to fall
With love

Quilyan

He does not realize he is holding his breath until it rushes from his lungs in the form of a relieved sigh. He pulls the trembling Resplendence closer, holding her tightly for a moment in a momentary fit of glee, short-lived due to the exhaustion that has swamped his mind. Zarina clings to his poll, separating a small section of forelock from the rest and braiding it with nimble fingers. She chitters softly, urging him to calm down, to rest, and she knows that Resplendence will tell him the same. Still, he smiles at all around him, all of those who, through their leader, offer he and his lady a home. They are worthy of respect, in his eyes, though one day he might remember the way he used to be, before her. Back then, he would have scoffed at this opportunity; but now he relishes it.

He turns to Resplendence, not removing his wing from its protective drape over her shoulders, nuzzling her shoulder lovingly. "As my lady says," he agrees, turning once more to face Mirage. "We are grateful for your offer, and pleased to accept it." Resplendence has her own thanks to say, and then speaks of a desire to learn; he realizes that he, too, would like to repay these horses for their kindness. As Resplendence falls silent, he raises his voice in one last plea: "I, too, would offer my services to you, m'lady," he tells the DragonHeart. "Wherever I may prove most useful."

[OOC | omg, crappy. But at least he's in xD]

[W/C | ---]
Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.