the Rift

[PRIVATE] !! Don't Look Down [Loki]

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
resplendence
The heavenly fields. She had always loved this place. It had been her refuge when she had taken sanctuary in the Foothills. The Foothills before they had been overrun by mercenaries. They had kicked her from her home. She had been wandering aimlessly since. And as much as she wished to go back she didn't want to agitate them. She had advocated for peace. But she doubted they would care. She had been one of 'them' in their minds. It would make little difference. So, she would just come back to the next closest thing.

She was definitely having to hop now. The snow blanketing the ground thickly enough that it was a quarter of the way up her legs and pull them up continuously was beginning to strain her. Hair, trailing and tangling into make-shift braids as she bounded through the white fluff towards the center of the field. Everything could be seen around her. The edges of the mountains, the tiny breadth of the forest. It was nostalgic to say the least, and that sense gave her quite a bit of calm. The flowers had been hidden and probably already passed with the winter breath in the air and she didn't look for them. Instead she just glanced over the expanse of white across the lands, her orbs focusing no where in particular in the distance as she let out a puff of air, it twirling up into the sky almost like a smoke signal.

That was when her eyes landed on something jumping across the snow just before her, freezing as it went to rock onto it's hind legs to hop again. A lovely cotton-tailed rabbit twitched it's nose and ran a paw against it's ear for a second, eyeing the mare just as she was eyeing it. Res lowered her head, reaching out toward it to see it tilt it's head in amusement. Jerking away in panic she stopped herself, before lowering her head again, nearly touching the rabbit that was still on it's haunches. A deep breath covered the animal as it plopped onto all fours, twitching it's ears in disdain at the sudden puff of air. So, thus, with the movement, Res jumped back a stride. And then, as she pulled back close to it her maw touched the rabbits face who pulled up on it's haunches again, not enjoying it at all and wishing to move but no go too far. The movement, of course, led to a panic attack. Res bounding away in confusion. It was going to eat her. There was no doubt. It was going to eat her. And that was final.

But, of course, the animal wasn't going to eat her. And, about fifty feet away from the creature she skidded to a stop, kicking up snow in the process and twirling back around to see it bounding off as well. Res, shook her head. She was such an idiot. Ciro would disapprove. She needed to learn to stop panicking all the time. Hell. Quil would disapprove. What she continually did was stupid. So, she lowered her skull and blew a puff of snow out of the way, staying lower and continuing to watch across the white expansion for any other movement.

545 words
time for amusement and to see if she can gain a backbone...
you seem lost, your back against the wall~
kaydeniro.deviantart.com||roontoo.deviantart.com||momotte2stocks.deviantart.c​om
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Loki Posts: 73
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.1 :: 4
teeroo
What was it about lonely females that always made his radar pop up? He was out for a fly, nothing interesting or exciting happening. He was testing his skills of flying in the snow, for it had been a while since he had experienced such weather, and his acid eyes seems to catch something beautiful below: a mare. Her mane and tail were almost abnormally long, that was how he knew. She was a light brownish color, and she has some white colored stripes on her back. A mare was just what he needed, for since Angora had Umbri, he felt out of place, so he was out. He didn't know exactly what to think about it, but he didn't want to say something that he would regret, so he told her he was going to practice his flying skills in the snow. He landed a bit away, large black body landing in soft white snow, he began walking to her with his large golden wings spread. She was playing with a bunny, and he smiled as she ran away from it, and a soft chuckle sang from his deep vocal cords. Sometimes mares were silly, and perhaps this one was the same.

Though she was much prettier up close, and it was something that Loki had to be careful about. He could hear Angora's voice in his head, stating her rules as she had done in the heart, and he tried his best to ignore them, but his heart wasn't in it. Angora was his mate after all. He sighed inside his head, and he had to face it; he truly was wholeheartedly in love with her. Even went he wanted to flirt with this mare, that's all it would ever be, just flirting. Oh well, at least it was something.

"Hello there miss. Afraid of a little bunny? It won't hurt you, unless you think it's got razor sharp teeth and claws, which is doesn't of course."
Loki
Demolition,self-destruction
What to annihilate, the age-old contradiction
Credits
I am no longer going into the cbox due to recent events. You can PM on Valentine's account, go on my skype (teeroo777), or PM me on DA (teeroo). Thank you.

Loki and Angora, lines by tamme, colored by paddeh <3

resplendence
and i'll find strength in pain and i will change my ways
Hop. Hop. Hop. It was a simple rhythm for her to follow. Just keep hopping away from the rabbit. It was so close to her! Was it supposed to be that close? Maybe it was going to hurt her! She snorted in shock and bounded back a few steps only to hear something touch down in the distance. Her mind assumed that it was Quil for he knew that she didn't like those wings opened close to her face. Except, the scent was definitely different.

A chuckle escaped his vocal chords and Res peered up, her golden eyes locking upon his acidic ones and then trailing down across the length of his wings. Tall enough to completely decapitate her if he were to run straight at her. She stiffened, nostrils flaring as she flicked her audit backward in anxiety. He was moving even closer to her. And as his voice reached her, basically mocking her about being scared of the bunny she shuffled backward. Eyes wide she stumbled over her words. "I'm... almost positive that..." she froze for a second, locking with the horns protruding from his skull. "Um. Yea. Pretty sure it does have razor sharp teeth... and claws..." Her frame trembling as she backed into a tiny ditch, and almost fell on the spot. She spun around for a second. "Stupid hole!" she hissed under her breath.

Resplendence managed to collect herself a little bit. But the wings, and the horns were still quite a bit unsettling. She continued to shuffle nervously from side to side. A little to the left. A little to the right. Sway left. Sway right. Deep breath in. Deep breath out. It would all work out. Oh, who was she kidding? If she had the ability to run without being caught she would have already sped out of there.
312 words
she defo hasn't gained the backbone yet. XD in fact she lost all of it.
ROFLMAO
Credits
When I'm ready to fall
With love

Hidden Account
teeroo
What the hell have I gotten myself into? She is still shifting nervously from side to side, and she talks about the bunny in a strange way...what is she afraid of? Him. It must be. She looks at him in a way of terror that he has never experienced, and it makes him uncomfortable. Maybe it's his wings...or horns? A lot of horses haven't seen many hybrid around, so could it be possible that she's afraid of horses like him? He didn't know, but he wasn't sure if he much cared. Why not expose her to what she was afraid of? But then again, she was shaking like a dog with her tail between her legs...

He backed away, pulling his wings into his body in a tightly knit fashion. Maybe that would help.

"I'd take the horns off if I could, but I don't think I can manage that. Are you afraid of me, miss? There isn't really any need to be afraid, I'm just a simple hybrid, nothing more or less. My name is Loki, and I'm a brother of the great Thor the Gentleheart. Do you perhaps have a name, young miss?"

Why in all of living hell did he mention Thor? No one cared that they were brothers, including Thor. He had thrown him in the wilds once more, not accepting his apology and draining his heart of all love for him. But without his outburst, he wouldn't have changed. Someday he would have to find the bastard, and thank him properly. But for now he continued to stare at the pinkish mare with ridiculously long hair who was frightened for reason beyond that that Loki's mind could comprehend.

@[Resplendence]
Loki
Credits
I am no longer going into the cbox due to recent events. You can PM on Valentine's account, go on my skype (teeroo777), or PM me on DA (teeroo). Thank you.

Resplendence
and i'd tell that i miss you but i'm sure it doesn't matter at all
Sway left. Sway right. Left. Right. Left, right, left. Her whole body was tensed. Every muscle in her body taut as she prepared herself to spin around. The way he was looking at her. It was like she was the strange one. Perhaps he was right. One shouldn't be this afraid. But she couldn't change it! It was engraved deep in her soul and it tore at her from every end of her being.

Tears were preparing to form in her eyes as he started to back away. A low breath escaped her maw, tendrils of fog curling up around her face from the cold air. Orbs focusing on his wings as they were pulled tightly up against his frame, the green still standing out vibrantly against his black coat. But, at least now they were not hanging out there with the ability to maim anyone. His voice reached her audit as she swiveled it forward again. Still, she was shifting left and right. Left and right. Left and right in time with her breathing. It was working to calm her down a little bit.

"I'd take the horns off if I could, but I don't think I can manage that. Are you afraid of me, miss? There isn't really any need to be afraid, I'm just a simple hybrid, nothing more or less. My name is Loki, and I'm a brother of the great Thor the Gentleheart. Do you perhaps have a name, young miss?" he said, eyes never leaving her. She shuddered a little bit, her head lowering for a second in a show of submission before she glanced back up toward the stag. "I-it's fine." she started, her voice still trembling, "Y-you don't need to break your h-horns... those.... those are for.... for protection." she murmured, bobbing her head a little about the statement of being afraid. Her feet continuing to shuffle back and forth a little to keep her from tensing up too much and falling. "N-Nice to meet you Loki," she responded, manners obviously having been ingrained in her brain. "I-I'm afraid I don't know who Thor is. I'm sorry." Two seconds later more 'sorry's were falling from her mouth as she shuffled in place. Then, after managing to collect herself just enough to stop the flooding of apologies she took in a deep breath and glanced back up at him, "Resplendence," she whispered, voice dying as she glanced up at him, the tears still stationed ready to fall.

428 words
Poor baby - so stressed for nothing XD
@[Loki]
Credits
When I'm ready to fall
With love

Hidden Account
teeroo
"Resplendence. That's a long, but pretty name. Do you have a nickname? Or rather, should I just leave you alone? I see that this might not be a good time for you since, ya know, you're moving around acting as if I'm the devil himself. I get having fears of things, and perhaps you can't control it, but I don't want to keep bothering you if I don't have to. I'm sorry Resplendence, for the trouble on you I've caused. I didn't mean to, honestly."

He is sincere, and he looks at her as she paces back and forth, back and forth. She is a pretty young mare, but at the same time he would like nothing to do with her, especially if she is afraid of him. Angora was on his mind now, her beautiful buckskin hide and chocolate eyes. Even her magic was there, floating somewhere in the back of his mind, but he loved her even without her seductive magic. But what had intrigued him in the first place had kept him here, and he still wanted to get to know her, but it was obvious that it would take some time. Where did she live? Did she have a mate? Personal questions would work.

"Well if you don't mind me asking before I leave...where do you live? Do you have a mate, or any children? I'd simply like to get to know you, if I could. I'm a friend, I promise."

Loki
Credits

Resplendence
Resplendence. Yes, it was a long name. She could understand the need for a nickname. And then apologies sped from his mouth. He was offering to leave her alone in case if now wasn't a goodd time. That tensed her up a little at the thought of being alone right now. She swallowed, forcing herself to stand still. She knew that her swaying was making him think she was more anxious than she was. It was a calming mechanism for her, but it caused anxiety in others. "Res." she explained, offering her nickname before raising her head up so that she didn't look so scared. "You don't need to leave. I'm sorry. I just - everything is scary." she explains, her eyes shining with the anxiety of the world around her, "It's not only you, I promise." she finished, taking in a deep breath.

She needed to find a way to calm her soul. All this anxiety wasn't good for her. But, it was hard when she couldn't always hear what was coming up on her. Being touched by something, or seeing something that might be dangerous scared her as well. She didn't know how to stop anymore. Her audit flicked up, above her pile of forelock making it obvious she was missing an ear. She didn't like showing that, but it was habit to perk her ear up to make it look as though she wasn't as scared as she was.

Where did she live? A mate? Children? She paused for a second thinking. Her tail swishing a little as she pulled up and allowed her smooth voice to float out, a little uncertain but much stronger than she had been. "I don't have a home. I was outcasted after the foothills had been taken over..." a tiny pause as she closed her eyes, swallowing back the tears as they threatened to flow. "I used to have a mate and children - lost all of them. I'd prefer not to go into that. And you?" she whispered, voice breaking a little as she bounced the questions back onto him.

360 words
res is so adorable <3
@[Loki]
Credits
When I'm ready to fall
With love

Hidden Account
teeroo
The mare talked slowly still, as if she was still afraid. But now it was not of him. Everything was scary? What was that supposed to mean? Was there really such a disease of the mind that made you think everything was going to hurt you? This mare looked normal, and he could also tell she was kind, for her words, while a little vague and soft spoken, were not hurtful or mean in any way. She just looked very, very scared. He felt for her, and stood back a little bit, his golden appendages kept within a small radius of his body. He wanted to come closer, but not scare her, so for the moment, he reached out his head, nuzzling the air in front of her to try to make her feel a bit better. All he could do was try, right?

"It's quite alright, Res. Being scared of things is no fun, I know that, since I was a yearling. Losing your family is hard, and I am quite sorry to hear of your loss of home and family. I have been an outcast since I have come to this land, meeting my brother and a few others in the threshold. However, upon coming here, I found my brother after two years. Thor is the King of the World's Edge now, where I am not welcomed because I was considered childish by himself and Mirage, and now am forced to be an outcast, when I just wanted to live with my brother.

It started when I was a yearling. My family lived within a large herd, my father Odin being leader. A war struck us soon after I turned one, and we as a family got separated. Thor and Odin were lost, but I was with Thor's mother, a wonderful mare named Amora. She protected me, dying for me so that I would survive. My own mother had died protecting me when I was months old, and she did as well. Whenever I told Thor, he disowned me as a brother. Since then, I have just been living out here in the wilds. I happen to have a love, a mare met not long after I came her, and she is the only mare I have ever loved. Our first child died, and perhaps we'll someday have children of our own...I'm sorry, I must be ranting. You don't want to know my whole life story, it's actually quite boring. Have you tried to find a safe place to live, one that's not the Foothills? I don't think you should be out here all alone, especially with your fears. I could perhaps lead you somewhere, so you could be safe?"

OCC: Andddd you've won one of the famous LOKI RANTS! :D

Loki
Credits

Resplendence
Res shuffled her feet. The winter breeze was blowing in, producing a light chill across the land. She flicked her tail, allowing the long tendrils to curl around her frame and begin to warm her legs up some as she stood in the freezing white fluff. There was a part of her life she wish not remember. Remembering those images of death was too much for her to really handle all the time. She simply couldn't do it. So she attempted to keep herself calm and collected around this stag. It was harder said than done, of course, and her swaying rhythm was beginning to easily start it's motion. Back and forth. Back and forth. Left and Right. Left and Right. She doesn't know what started it. She doesn't know why it works. But, it does quite a bit to calm her nerves down. Well, at least calm her nerves down enough to where she can start to think logically.

Golden orbs fall upon his frame as a confused look lifts his face. She tilts her head in uncertainty before the confusion flitted from his features and was replaced with sympathy. He felt bad for her. Her eyes closed, taking in a short breath. Everyone had always felt bad for her. It was as though she had lost everything and that the end of her life was always waiting at her door. But she couldn't change that. She lost just about everything, except her own life, and with hearing difficult everything seemed threatening. The stag stood back, offering her the reasonable amount of space. His golden wings were curled at a tiny radius up against his thicker body. Each feather shuffling just a little in the wind and being accented just slightly in the light amount of sun that was glinting ever so lightly from his curves. And then, he pulled out his cranium, nuzzling the air in front of her. Confusion radiating through her orbs for a second as she eyed the stag and his interesting attempts at comfort. Though, she had to admit that interesting was a definite understatement. Never had she seen someone nuzzle the air.

And this his voice reaches the air again. Floating around her good ear and telling her that it was fine. That her being scared of things was perfectly fine. Of course it was no fun, and he claimed to understand it. But no one could understand it. No one could unless they truly lived in fear every single step which they took. Something was always out to get you. You never knew what it was, though, until it was coming at you. That was how she lived. She had done nothing wrong, no not really. But yet, with the fact that her missing ear caused so many problems she couldn't do anything but assume she was in danger all the time.

Then, he was apologizing about the fact that she had lost her home and her family. How he had been an outcast since he had come here. Speaking of finding his brother and how he is the leader of the World's Edge. How he was not welcomed as he was deemed childish. Childish? Someone who seemed to take the care and attention to not give her more of a panic attack was deemed childish? That didn't make much sense to her brain. But, it was something she probably wouldn't understand. He had only wanted to live with his brother. With his family.

She opened her mouth to speak, to offer her condolences and that she hadn't believed him to be childish only to have him continue talking. Going back and recounting much of his history. Speaking of war. How he had been with his brother's mother. How she had died to allow Loki to live. And then, how his brother had disowned him for allowing such a thing to happen. Sadness curled around the crevices of her orbs. That was quite horrible. All because she had died to save him. He was only a year old. He wasn't supposed to be able to protect himself.

But the story got much happier, switching to having a nice love. The only one he has loved and one he met not too long after appearing. How sweet. It sounded much like her and Ciro. The only one who had ever really cared back where she came from. Not caring that she was missing an ear. He explained how they had lost their first child, and Res could feel her heart tear a little. She understood that pain a bit too much. And then he was apologizing about running on for too long. Saying she probably didn't really want to know his whole life story and saying that it was actually quite boring. She shook her head a little, a tiny smile managing to form upon her lips. "It's fine," she responded, it was a good distraction, forcing her mind off of the world around her and into his story. She had few moments to just listen in and ignore the sound of the wind rustling across the snow and the feel of it along her spine.

Did she have a safe place to live? No. She was roaming. She had Quil, now, but she was roaming. He didn't think she should be out here alone, especially with how she was scared of everything. He then offered to lead her somewhere, so she might be safe. Her head crooked to the side just a tad. Her hair pooling off of her cranium, showing the blatantly missing ear as she raised an eye in confusion. "Being afraid of everything, unfortunately, keeps one out of a lot more danger than one would think." she explained before peering back up toward him, "And you seem far from childish to me, if that means anything," she said,a hint of sadness lacing her chords as she shifted her weight again, still swaying from side to side. "But, I'm not sure if there is another place to live. I've been roaming for a while, though and managed to stay out of a lot of trouble." she finished, managing a tiny smile of reassurance.

1046 words
I'M HAVING SO MUCH MUSE I DON'T UNDERSTAND
@[Loki]
Credits
When I'm ready to fall
With love

Hidden Account
teeroo
The swaying was a constant motion in the midst of conversation, exchanging sounds that turned to voices over the plain as it turned to winter. The snow fell, lazily almost as it drove whiteness into his eyes, reminding him that he was still alive. His blood from freezing, but he didn't care; not after a sudden realization. Why did he truly have to live for? Angora was a wonderful mare, proud and strong, beautiful and determined...yet, would, or could, she ever save his dying soul? In the mists of his mind he was there, the Gentleheart, taunting him as if it had been this way all his life. He was a simple creature with simple needs, and perhaps some were just a tad overactive. But all he wanted was a family. His mother was a nice mare, that he could remember, then he saw her death, flashing within his mind’s green eye. Her head was ripped open, torn apart by the blade of a unicorn, one that did nothing but want to kill after she refused to bow down to him. My strong, loyal mother, torn to pieces as I watched them devour her using their canine companions. It was an uncomfortable death I knew, for I could still see her eyes moving, her brain exposed and splattered on the ground, but I knew she was alive. She couldn’t scream, couldn’t speak. She could barely breathe, and she looked at me. No words could be uttered, no “I love you” s with her dying breath. No. Nothing but pain, unbearable pain as she was torn apart in her last moments of life, feeling her flesh deteriorate by the fangs of a wild animal.

I snapped back, almost falling as the pain was too intense. I had never remembered what had happened to my mother fully until now, for I was almost too young to remember, but I knew that she had died for me. I was able to escape while they digested her, but I cried the whole way while I ran for my life. I was barely able to make it before my father and some warriors caught me, killing the leader that had taken my mother and her body. He was able to recover it, and we shared in the pain and sadness of her death. Yet, even when he had Amora, he never would look down upon my mother. He loved me too, and though him and Laufey stopped getting along after a while, while him and Amora having problems because of how I was conceived, Amora loved me too. She never took her anger of Odin out on me, and treated me like Thor. Though I knew that I was different, because I was not born out of love. How was a child to feel when they found out their father had raped their mother? The emotions flooded through his veins, making him dizzy. How had he not remembered that in the first place?

He was a monster born of a monster.

He cried. He couldn’t help it. He fell to his knees, a labor now as his body was frozen, as if the winter was taking a hold of him. The snow blew past him, falling around his massive ebony body. It mixed with the array of tears on his maw, making the hot liquid run cold despite his body temperature. He was a broken stallion, the realization of his early life lying too heavy on his heart, giving him an outlook. He was born from sin, born for a reason that his mother hadn’t even wanted. And he wondered now, if the life he had lived, was the love even real? The faces of his loved ones blurred, and looked like monsters. He was all alone in the woods, a helpless orphan, one that was truly childish and unloved. What was he supposed to do now? Thor had been right to disown him, for he was undeserving of the things he had. He couldn’t even produce a child, and give his mate what she wanted. He was a failure at everything, and perhaps it was the time. Maybe, he should die. Death in the cold wasteland would be a good option. For a moment the eyes of the stag were taken from the mare that was in front of him, while her own flaws were ignored, as his own was taken into account.

He laid with his wings limp by his side, simply wallowing in his own misery that he had created. A world of darkness that was not truly there, but just there because he felt he needed an excuse to kick his own ass. What better person to do it then yourself? He sobbed quietly, tears still freezing on his blackened face. Had he ever been capable of his life before of anything besides bringing misery and pain along with him? He looked at her now, with her soft features, her swaying left and right, her missing ear…how was it that she had brought this to him? It seemed as if she was a trigger, or maybe it had been a long time coming, and it was just a coincidence that he had remembered at this moment in time. She told him he wasn’t childish…what a lie. He was, or at least in that moment he was. She was roaming, like he was, so maybe she was safe. At least, she would be safer without him being around. He always made a mess of things, and he left eventually, so there was no use keeping him around.

“Please, don’t. I’m not who you think I am. Or who I think you think I am. I am childish, just as my brother, or rather just a King, once said to me. I am nothing, nothing but a pile of discarded horse. I haven’t been loved since I was conceived, or even wanted, so why would anyone even love me? My mate has love magic, so perhaps I think I just love her. Only the Gods know why she would want someone like me, one who doesn’t have anything, and can’t even do anything right. I can’t even produce a child for her…she was able to give birth because she mated with an old friend of mine while I was away. You are mistaken, I know that. Whatever you think of me, erase that know, for I know it’s wrong. You will be better off without ever knowing me, and I’m sorry to have wasted your time. I will just lay here and die, if you don’t mind, for there is nothing else in this world that will give me reason to live. What’s the honest point? I don’t see one, not a light at the end, only darkness…I want something to live for, someone to truly love me…why did my life have to be like this? I never asked to be a spawn, a prince that no one cared about…oh god, why?!”

He continued to loathe in his own self pity, talking non sense and just repeating words while trying to get a main message out: leave me, I’m useless, stupid, and I don’t require love. He thought about suicide again, and he thought of everything, but in his current state of mind, it did nothing for him. He was pained, pained too much to think straight. Of course he wanted to live, have children with Angora, love her, and eventually try to work things out with his brother. But now was not the time for any of that, and he had to deal with Res first. Maybe she would take pity in him, or she would just leave, like he instructed. He hoped for the first option, for just someone, even if far away, to listen to him. It was rare for him to break down in front of a stranger, but it had all happened so fast, that he couldn’t help it. What else was he supposed to do in a situation that made his heart almost stop? It wasn’t simple enough to shrug off and walk away. You couldn’t walk away from your past. So in the end, he would just have to deal with it. But for now, he wanted to cry about it and act like a foal. No one was watching that he cared about, so what the hell!

OCC: WHOOOOOOOOO 14066666666

@[Resplendence]

Loki
Credits

Resplendence
He snapped back and Res jolted a little. Panic flooding her features. What was going on?! Absolutely nothing had come into this clearing! She stumbled back a step, head thrashing around violently as she pranced in place, attempting to figure out what had caused him to snap back and almost fall to his knees. Nothing flew into her vision, and with an audit pinned her hearing was as if she were in a tunnel. All the wind echoing in it's crevices and confusing her even more. She let out a snort and continued to prance in place, kicking the snow out of the way as she looked for any signs of animal prints. Something had to be the cause for him to be suddenly in pain.

And then he seemed to get dizzy. His body swaying more than her's had and his vision so detached it was as if he were peering at something far, far, far in the distance. What was going on? There was nothing here to be having a panic attack. But, he had freaked out, as if he had just been struck out at. So, in turn, her senses were on high alert. Well, as high alert as they could be when it was slightly difficult to hear everything around her.

It didn't take long for the stag to collapse at her feet. A torrent of salt liquid flooding from his eyes. A snort of confusion caused tendrils of warm air to curl up around Res's face as she backed away a few more steps. Where was this invisible assailant? She wanted to know where it was so she could run, dammit! But, the form of the stag falling to his knees and sobbing did pull a taut heart string on Respledence and she couldn't force herself to actually run from the area. Not yet, anyway. What if he needed help? She was the only one around. It was obvious that the cold had started to take a hold on him, making each of his movements labored as he lay there and cried.

Wings fell limp at his side, allowing her to relax a little bit more. His sobbing continuing on for ages. When would he stop? Her brow raising in slight annoyance at the stag who had fallen apart in front of her. And then he was looking up at her. Looking at her as if it were all her fault that he was now on the ground in agony with tears falling from his maw. "I have done nothing to harm you. Don't look at me like that..." she pleaded, fear tightening her vocal chords as she shuffled in place.

Tenor chords protruded into the air. Sobbing, torn chords. He wasn't who she thought he was? So he wasn't some mentally unstable equine who was bordering on being a psychopath? Or he wasn't on hallucinogens? He claimed he was childish. He claimed he was nothing but a pile of discarded horse. "A pile of discarded horse that can move and breathe," she whispered, staring at him as he continued on this long babble of nonsense. No love since he was conceived. That, my dear, had to be an exaggeration. Was he so deep in his own mind and self-pity that he couldn't see the idiocy of what he was saying? "Perhaps she wants you because she likes you and not this thing you claim to be?" Res offered, voice still tightened with uncertainty as she watched him continue to go on. Erase what she had known of him? That would be rather difficult to disbar such a jolting memory from her mind. She still wasn't certain if there was an invisible threat or not and it was unsettling to her as she shifted in place.

She headed closer to him. Talking about wanting to die but in more words. She shook her head and reached out a maw to touch him. Then, at the last second her eyes locked on his horns and she jumped back. No. She shouldn't touch him. What if this is all a hoax? What if it was all to get her to pity him and come closer so that he could stab her in the heart? But, again, her compassion took over and she inched closer and closer. And again, she jumped back. The process seemed to repeat itself, her body getting tenser the more she continued the cycle until finally she rested her maw against his forehead. "You are not worthless. Someone will love you. You, on the other hand, will not lay here and die. It would be a disgrace to a brother who I'm certain still cares for you. He disowned you for a reason, my dear - to make you stronger," she murmured before backing away. Her mass of a forelock slid over her eyes until she flicked her head up and back. She didn't want to stay too close to him if he was going to rise to her feet. "You want your family. That much is evident. You have a family member to go back to. I have nothing. You will get up off of this massive pile of snow. You will get your damn wits together. You will work hard. You will prove that you are not childish." her voice grew stronger, mother instincts kicking in every so slightly. She was not one to take self-pity. Hell, she hadn't even really had any for herself when she had lost everyone. She had to admit she had nightmares, but she never went and carried her sob story out to everyone else. Especially not at random moments such as this.

One stomp in the ground as she kicked some snow toward his face. "You will stand up. You will grow some balls. And you will work hard to get back in your brothers affection. Because no one, absolutely no one can say that they have never been loved and that they do not have someone who cares. Now stand up. Spread your stupid wings and fly. Go find a way to prove you aren't childish." She paused, turning around to start to walk away. She couldn't be around this anymore, and he had asked her to leave. But, before she left she allowed her head to turn toward him. "Your past does not control you, Loki. Your past is a guide to show you how you want to live your life. You may not be able to run from it but it does not have to define you and your sorry ass," she stated. No harsh tones ever emitted from her mouth the entire time, even though she had allowed the motherly authority to fade into her voice. She was still sweet. She still cared. But she also didn't want to stay if she was not wanted.

So, with a tiny kick of her heels to dislodge some ice she galloped off toward the trees, hoping that he might, at some point, be able to understand and follow her advice.

1202 words
o.o Res gained some balls. ROFL
@[Loki]
Credits
When I'm ready to fall
With love