the Rift

[OPEN] Frozen Homes [Atka, Open]

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow
Geographically, the venture from the Threshold to the Foothills wasn't terribly far. The weather, while cold and somehat unpleasant, made Apollo move at a steady trot most of the way back home. Ebonite hooves would strike the earth in a leisurely melody, as he didn't want to exhaust Atka, but he did want to get home before nightfall, when the cold truly set it.

"So, Atka..." Apollo began, picking his words carefully as they approached the borders of the Grey, "Where have you come from, if you don't mind me asking? There are many souls that wander into the Threshold of this land, and each one of them has a past that drove him to arrive here..." Pausing, the paint's honey-brown eyes drifted to the stag's own bright blue orbs, curiosity shining in his amber depths. "Of course, if it's something that you'd rather keep to yourself, I can respect that. We are all entitled to our own secrets, after all"

Over the hills they crested, the landscape rising at a steady incline as they approached the Foothills. The smells of lush grasses danced along the breeze, ever-present despite the frigid temperatures. As the two progressed, however, a flurry of white danced in front of Apollo's face and he halted in his tracks. Head snapping upwards, head tilted in curiosity, the Earth Medic watched with fascination as yet another downy flake of white descended from the heavens. Why, could it be? Yes... It was snowing.

Apollo smiled. "Look, Atka... The snows are falling to welcome you home." As, indeed, they had finally arrived upon the borders of the Foothills. Around them, trees of all kinds lay in waiting, some with their leaves shed for the winter and the pines just as ripe and thick as ever. The stream trickled nearby, and off in the distant the roar of the waterfall could be heard. It wouldn't be long now until the said sounds of life waned, frozen in mid-life due to the extreme temperatures. Apollo's eyes roamed over the familiar landscape, a breathy sigh escaping him. Yes, this was home... And Apollo was thrilled to finally be able to share it with Atka.

"Welcome home, brother."

[ooc: Please excuse this terrible post. ;-;]

Credits

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Atka Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

[Image: jt0ttw.png]

The cold swirl of clean, crisp air hit the draft as he moved along side by side with his new friend, Apollo. Beyond his crystalline blue gaze was grass, grass and more lush green terrain. Wide hooves pressed the fragile earth, compressing the foliage below them. "So, Atka" the stallion's voice brought Atka back from his distant stare. He questioned where the champagne and white male had come from. Drawing in a short breath before answering, Apollo continued, excusing his security, if that was what he would rather like.

"Thank you for your courtesy, my friend. Regrettably, I have to admit, I was.. run out in a way, from my past home. A period of time in my life came and passed roughly, but I am a changed man." He paused, a smile pulling his lips up "I was foolish and believed that I for some reason had a," he scoffed, bright eyes rolling sarcastically around the sockets in his skull. "strong connection with our Gods. I ran with this idea for quite some time, to the point where my own family needed to get rid of me."

He looked toward the paint, ears still held in a forward position. "I assure you now though, I am no longer that.. well, with lack of words, irritating preacher." They moved with ease, coming atop a hill. Snow fell from the heavens in a soft sheet. Apollo seemed charmed with the natural occurrence, "Look, Atka... The snows are falling to welcome you home." The gentle giant felt the cold flakes touch his warm hide, making his pelt quiver for a moment. "Welcome home, brother." His eyes traveled, attempting to make contact with the amber sight of the male next to him. "Thank you."

His thick black tail waved back and forth slowly, flowing away from stout back legs. The sight of what seemed like an ocean of grass, a river etched out of the green land. What would Frostfall end up doing to this luscious region?

[Ooc: Wow, sorry this took so long and ended up being poopy. :(( ]
"blah blah blah." think think think

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow
Apollo's ears flicked in Atka's direction as the large stag spoke, divulging the information as to just why he had wandered into Helovia's borders. Everyone had their own reasons for showing up, after all, and the stallion couldn't condemn Atka for his life choices. Heavens knew Apollo himself had made quite a few wrong ones. Still, as he listened to his new friend, hearing about how he had believed himself to be close to the Gods, the medic couldn't help but tilt his head in curiosity.

"Close to the Gods?" He asked, but didn't pry for anything more. As Earth Medic of the Grey, Apollo considered himself to be close to the Earth God. For it was the God of the Earth himself who had granted the title of Earth Medic to Apollo. It was one of the reasons that the black and white stallion grew so close to nature, and spoke to trees. While some might think him foolish or quite possibly insane for doing something like that, it was just... Him. It was how he was. He would forever respect and cherish his patron God and the things created by his magnificence, but the overo wouldn't advocate as a preacher. Certainly not. Not that he had anything wrong with it, but...

"Well, no matter the cause, positive or negative," Apollo started, a friendly smile once more crossing his lips, "I'm delighted that you have come to Helovia, brother. The Grey is here for you, they are your family, and should you ever need anything, don't hesitate to ask, alright?"

As he spoke, Apollo's eyes drifted from the draft stallion at his side and instead ventured out towards the land of the Foothills. Beautiful, marvelous, and simplistic. It was their home. The Grey had fought tooth and hoof for it, and not one of them would be willing to give it up without yet another fight. Still, to see the snow beginning to fall and collect upon the frozen ground, a smile blossomed on Apollo's face. It was a good day indeed.

Credits

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!