the Rift

The Proletariat and the Bourgeoisie [OPEN]

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin
K A H L U A
What is life? Friends? Family? Love? Children? Memories? Life is power. Without power, you die. Maybe not instantly, but the death is alway creeping. Those who are more important than you, those who have more power and connections... they are always out to get the little man. They're always trying to keep the proletariat in the gutter and the bourgeoisie on a pillar. I will not be kept in the gutter. I want power because I want life.
The black overo mare sauntered through the forest without fear. She kept her neck arched, her tail swishing just the right amount, her hips tilting lightly back and forth with each step. A small stature and lithe frame made these movements easy. A quick shake of her head caused her mane to fly about in just the right way. She never knew who was watching. All the more reason to put on a show with every step. Her coat was pristine- the white was snow, the black was an abyss. She let forth a guttural nicker. A warm alto tone that cut through the white noise of the forest and announced her presence. It said “Hello world, I'm here. Aren't I stunning?” Her ears flicked all about her. Who heard it? She didn't know. She didn't care. Let them come. She'd stun them all.
Can I fight? Am I clever? Am I witty? No. I am pretty. My only asset. What makes me smart? I use my beauty. Call me a runway model. Call me a sellout. Call me a playboy bunny. Call me a whore. Call me whatever you want. One day, I'll be on that bourgeoisie pillar looking down on you. And I'll be alive. And you'll be dead. Because who gets power? People who are liked. What do we like in stallions? Muscle, power, aggression, attitude, smarts. What do we like mares? Looks. So go ahead. Tell me I'm not clever. Tell me I don't what I'm doing. Tell me whatever you want. Tell me... when I'm alive... and you're dead.

Dúchanar Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Duchanar had been made a warrior of the worlds edge, an honor to be even considered a part of the "family" for him. But he still didn't want to accept the fact that he was part of a herd now, a family. He had always been better off on his own. And not only that, but he was going to be a father again. The mare that was to bare his child going by the name of Lana. The stallion had never felt regret in his life until this moment. He had raped Lana, out of greed, and just needing the sense of feeling control again, and the foal? Well, sadly he wanted nothing to do with it. It would not be his child, even if it was his blood, it was not his.

And then there was Thor. Thor had welcomed Duch into his heard, along with Mirage. Thor had become the stallions brother in a way, and a best friend. Duch had never opened up to anyone before. He had never told them about what he had done, or who he truly was. About the monster that lived inside him.

He was wrong, just wrong all over. His heart was cold as ice. And even to Thor, his brother, his friend, his family. He felt no mercy to. He felt as though if Thor was to die, he wouldn't feel a thing. No sadness, no grief, nothing. But he had found some trust in that stallion, and somehow had spoken his heart. Told what darkness lived in him.

He entered the Threshold for what seemed like the millionth time. They said it would get easier, but they lied. He still felt the awkwardness every time he set foot into the forested area. It seemed just like yesterday he had met Thor, and the stallion from the throat by the name of Hector.

A low nicker caught the dark brute attention, large body heaving towards the sound, making out the figure of a mare. HEr coloring was similar to his, but her pattern was oh so different from his all black body, and eerie white face, and not to forget the blood splattered markings that covered him.

"Duch, Protector and warrior of the World Edge. What brings you to these parts of Helovia?"

He asked the question he already knew the answer to. Everyone coming through the threshold were all seeking the same thing. A home, a family. All quite the contrary from what the dark stallion had wished for himself.

Words words. words.

Image Credits

K A H L U A
Standing. Waiting. Story of... everyone's life. Not mine. Who wants to wait? Who wants to watch their life pass by them as they idle through. Don't they say life is short? Don't they say you only get one? So live fast and live hard. That's what I do. Why not, what's there to be scared of? Getting hurt? Pain heals. Getting rejected? Screw the assholes that think they're better than you. Running so fast through life you don't make enough friends? Think quality over quantity. Find the right friends in the right places and you never have to worry about anything. So go ahead... live your life to death.
She heard him come, looked his way, eyes wide when she finally caught site of him. He was like nothing she had ever seen before. His black frame was a striking image against the white snow. The red markings gave him an eerie look. And the wings... she had never seen wings on a horse before. She was impressed. A smile lit her face as he spoke. She didn't know what World Edge was, but it certainly sounded like a good place to be. “Well aren't you a site for sore eyes,” she cooed with a bright laugh. She loved life and she sounded like it. She took a step towards him. Tilting her head just ever so slightly down and to the right, she looked up at him through her long black eye lashes and gave a girl-ish smirk. What did he like? She didn't know yet but she was already trying to figure it out. “I'm Kahlua, looking for a home of course. Maybe with a handsome brute like you.” She lifted her eyebrows quickly as she finished her sentence as if to say “you know what I mean?” Flattery was always the best policy in her mind. No matter what his rank, protector and warrior was more important than poor lost soul wandering in from another land. He could take her where she needed to be. A blast of cold wind crashed against her side and she shivered. She liked the winter. She actually hated the cold, but it gave lots of opportunities to move in closer to some of her more willing companions.
Do you love me yet? You will. Everyone does. You know why? Because I believe what I say. If I tell you that you are the most handsome thing I've ever seen, then I mean it. In that moment, I've never seen anything I've ever wanted more in my life. You'd rather be the strongest thing I've ever seen? Done. What do you want? Give me a little while, I'll figure it out. I'm not good at searching bottomless pits of emotion, I can't look in your eyes and see every inch of your personality. But everyone has tells. No one can hide everything. And when I figure it out, you'll know. Every time we meet you'll be the most special horse on the face of this planet. And you'll believe it. Because I'll believe it. And you'll love me.

Unregistered

It was normal that the stallions face looked cold and emotionless. And it was no different as he looked at this mare. He had no feelings towards her. Nothing at all. He felt not one thing. But he could sense her happiness. And it disgusted him. How could a creature be so happy, and also so full of themselves. Well there were many horses who thought far to highly of themselves. Sure she was pretty. But that was it.

Next came the flattering. And yet again. His face did not change one bit. His cold stare etching into her forehead. He let out a soft grunt.

"Oh please fae save your adulatory words for someone who really does give a damn." Australian accent was think, but his voice showed no emotion. Mo anger, happiness, sadness, nothing. "The worlds edge is quite the sight. It is led by Mirage the Dragonheart, and Thor the Gentleheart. Maybe there, if you are interested in accompanying me, you will find a stallion who finds your imposing words to be worthwhile. As for on myself, I would save your affirmation"

He looked back at her. The snow starting to settle on his ebony coat, trying to blend him in with his surroundings. He lifted his large black bat wings and stretched them out, watching as the snow fell from their thin long limbs.

Words words. words.

Image Credits

K A H L U A
He was stoic, she could see that. His look didn't ever change as she played and flirted. She wasn't upset or surprised. She learned long ago that you would always find those that were... outside the realm of influence. Even so, she had to try. Or maybe she just wasn't smart enough to tell the difference before trying. Intelligence had never been her forte- all of that had been afforded to her brother. But then, if everyone was smart then no one would be smart at all, would they? They'd all just be average. The world needed those that were a little... slower to balance out the crowd. As the stallion grunted Kahlua turned her head to face him directly. Adulatory... The world was foreign to her, but the tone of his sentence told her all she needed to know. It was odd that his words could seem so angry and yet his voice remained so plain. As of yet, she didn't know what he liked... she knew what he didn't like though. And that was one step closer to the truth. “My apologies, Duch. If you'll still have me I'm happy to come." She reigned her forwardness in as much as possible, but her eyes were still bright with love for life and she could never hide the spring in her voice. “At least I'll know I'm safe with such an... unwavering companion standing guard." It was no game this time. This she meant. Could he tell? Perhaps, if he was intuitive; perhaps not, a smile still lit her face as she spoke. She couldn't help it. Still, he seemed smarter than she was. She shifted her weight and placed one hoof out in front of her. If he was ready to lead, she was ready to follow. For now.
In the face of adversity carry on. Keep your head high and never slow down. The thing about life is, new opportunities arise all the time. And you never know where they're going to come from. Rejection happens. So what. Horses live this life to hurt others. They make a game out of it, make it fun, justify it. If you don't let them reject you don't have to be a part of their game. So head up, chin forward and keep moving. The bigger they are, the harder they fall right?
OOC| Hm... sorry if this thread has been a little all over the place. It's been literally years since I've done this. Trying to get back into it. Probably picked a bad character to start on a new forum, huh? Seem a little full of myself!

Unregistered

Duch chuckled slightly as her tone completely changed. Sure it was still happy and giddy, but she no longer felt the need to try and gain him with waste of time compliments. Instead now she apologized and also still wished upon him a home. He was mean but he would not deny her the right to come with him if she pleased. The walk home would probably be just as boring and conversation-less such as it had been when he had first gone to the edge with Thor.

Duch cleared his throat to speak again. "Do not apologize. Such things are meaningless to me." he said nodding his head to her as she stuck out her foot. "Right than. Follow me. But fair warning, the trip is about a day or two on foot. So seems this is going to be an adventurous two days seeing as you are wingless."

He turned his body away and tucked his wings back close to himself. His long black and red legs stretched out as he walked. It was sort of a prideful walk. But yet his steps seemed to bury farther into the ground than a normal horses. Maybe it was due to all the baggage the evil brute carried on his shoulders.

((Sorry this post is so short BUT you do not need to reply to this thread. Post in the rank updates and I will have a post waiting for you in the edge maybe not tonight but tomorrow))

Words words. words.

Image Credits