the Rift

[PRIVATE] Treated as Equals {Steal Thread; Seele, Arah}

Sulwyn Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Sulwyn

what is this world we live in?

"Did he hurt you?" Of course those had been the first words to come out of the wraith's mouth, it wouldn't be in her character otherwise. Sulwyn was always the most concerned about the health and well-being of others, regardless of their rank, or species, or religion. The sight of her most recent "prisoner" had not put the mustang's mind at ease, and she found that she was constantly looking back at the towering vixen to see if she was alright. The meeting that the wraith had spied on in the Meadow hadn't looked right in her eyes -- the subtle touches and hungry stares that the stallion had been projecting towards her captive had made the grulla jump to conclusions, and she wondered if she had, in fact, been correct in her analysis.

"I'm sorry if he did." Alabaster lips are drawn tight together after she speaks, the tension in her soft voice evident with each uttered syllable. I wish I had gotten there sooner. The silver equine sends her next step slamming into the ground, and her tail lashes against her flanks in annoyance. Rage is not one of the usual emotions that the fae is accustomed to feeling, but guilt is, and she was feeling a fairly hefty amount of it. Sure, she had saved the femme from what looked to be an undesirable situation, but after one glance at the weapon that perched atop her painted crown, Sulwyn was almost certain that she would have been able to take care of herself. What am I saying? She's more than capable of killing someone with that thing, but you don't support violence! Wasn't that the sole reason why you stole her in the first place?

No. No it wasn't.

There was a pause in her train of thought as the grulla pushed through a clump of thorns, her shedding summer coat being groomed by the jagged branches. Without so much as a glance back at the bush, the mare knew that most of her soft coat had become entangled with the thistles, but it wasn't like she minded that. It felt nice to finally get rid of some of her excess bulk of fur, like a small burden had been removed from her gently-sloping shoulders.

Once again the mare found that she was trying to fill the silent void that had grown between prisoner and guard, and she had manged to blurt out, "I'm Sulwyn. From the Edge. Don't worry, though, I won't take you anywhere against your will." She winced at her promise to the unicorn, realizing already that she would have to break it.

"I do need you to do something for me, though. Have you heard of the Moon Goddess?" A white-painted head swing to the right, allowing a pair of golden eyes to hold onto yellow ones, and they give the opposing pair of eyes time to come up with an answer before continuing on. "She is the Goddess of my land -- the World's Edge -- and she has given me a task to complete for her. If you are interested in meeting her, Madam, I would very much like to have you by my side. One of my requirements was to... steal someone. Then I have to find another individual who shares my class -- I'm a wraith, it's our job to steal people -- and finally, we must all visit the Veins of the Gods."

She had never been to the Veins before, but she knew that it was somewhere far south. During the last herd meeting there had been a discussion about traveling to the Veins to learn more about the nature of magic, and the petite femme had been sure that they'd mentioned something about going south. But, in order to start their journey to the Veins, she had to find another wraith first, and so far, she knew of no one that would be willing to journey with her to the Goddess' shrine. Perhaps our sister herd will have someone willing. But that would only delay our trek to see the Moon Goddess.

Notes:
Text

Seele the Necromancer Posts: 210
Deceased atk: 5.5 |
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 hh :: five (ages orangemoon) Buff: NOVICE
Abba
"Did he hurt you?" Did he hurt me? What kind of stupid-ass question was that? And the mare couldn't even keep herself calm enough around me to not be glancing back every few seconds. Oh, be nice. The poor kleine probably just wanted to help you in the first place. The sweet soprano chords radiated through my skull as I let out a tiny laugh. An airy one. One that didn't betray the murderess abilities in my bones - in my blood. I walked with a confidence that I doubted many prisoners could even accomplish in such a wake. But, I had also been freed from the last captor's hooves, so I had a reason to be somewhat triumphant. And, this wretch looked much easier to maul over than that Zar'roc had. And that would be true, mein puppe. Very, very true. She doesn't even have the sharp weapon you possess upon her cranium. laughed the tenor notes of Schwere in his amusement with the situation.

"I'm sorry if he did." Oh. Like hell she'd be sorry. She didn't care. No one cared. Besides. It was all physical wounds. Emotional scarring was impossible when one cannot feel. And I cannot feel, so, I suppose that would be a plus in this situation. "Were you hurt? Oh I'm so sorryyyyyyy!" Seele mocked, sarcasm dripping from her maw. A laugh escaped my maw as I saw the mare's hoof slam into the ground and then her tail slash up against her haunches. "Annoyed I see. Don't be. It doesn't suit you, little Kleine. " I mused with a tiny snort. Then, after prancing in place a little bit I sprung forward, moving ahead of the mare for a second.

"What? You find my beautiful glass horn insulting or something? I could have speared you by now, you know." I retorted, waiting as she pushed herself through the thorns only to hear that mare's voice once more speaking to me. "I'm Sulwyn. From the Edge. Don't worry, though, I won't take you anywhere against your will." and then she winced. I pranced in around her bemused. "Kleine fits you better, I think. Don't you? And I don't think you could even push me from where I'm standing if I didn't want you to." I snorted, laughing at her only to hear her speak again.

A favor? This mare wants a favor. The Moon Goddess? Had I heard of her? What did she think I was? Some hermit? "I know of the Moon Goddess, Kleine. I'm no trottel! She gave me my gift." I retorted before she continued on. Going on about how she had some magical task - as if it were a gift from above. How she wanted me by her side. How I should meet this Goddess. How she needed to find someone else who stole people. How we all must go to the Veins of the Gods. I laughed. I laughed hard. She was crazy. But, I figured Mama Moon needed this wretch for something. And, since she had granted me this ability to speak with the dead then it was the least I could do for the Goddess. "I've met her once, Kleine. But I will go again. Only because she has granted me a gift prior - the lovely gift of speaking with the dead. Though I will not assist you in anything else. And, let's just say, that if you don't give me freedom at the end of this I have my... ways... of forcing you to do so." A smirk pulled up on my face as I stood watching her. Yellow eyes piercing into her golden ones as I awaited to see her reaction.

Can't you just be sweet for once, my dear? Just once? the disappointed tremors sang across my mind. Why, no, mother. I can't. That would go against all I am.
677 words

---Translations---
Kleine - poor baby
mein puppe - puppet
trottel - idiot
but my dreams, they aren't as empty as my conscience seems to be
Seele
image credits
table by whit
●☽ ☾●
Glory and Gore go Hand in Hand
That's Why We're Making Headlines
●☽ ☾●

Arah Posts: 343
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Wynter :: Royal Griffin :: Draining Clutch Frostie
Arah
It’s that though we learn from our mistakes we’re condemned,
To make those same mistakes
again and again.

Voices, she heard them from a while away. She was slowly on her way back to the Basin, after having traveled around a little. Now, she was in Thistle meadow taking a break. The voices where still a while off, so the ivory mare wondered through the frozen waste land. She was curious as too who else was out here. She spotted the dark pelt easily against, the white snow, and then she noticed the other mare. Snorting Arah approached the two, she was relaxed and calm. Her haunting stare assessed them each in turn. She delicately moved towards them hearing words about The Moon Goddess. "I heard that she's a bit manipulative." She fell silent again, having made her presence known. "Rather cruel as well." Her eyes watched the lighter one of the mares. The one how had spoken about her mission. Arah didn't doubt that the goddess had gotten her own pleasure from gifting the mare.

She did not offer a smile for either of the mares, instead her golden gaze watched them carefully. Distrust was clear on her face as the scent of the worlds edge came from the lighter mare. "You are from the worlds edge." Arah said softly. Not a question, just a statement. Now for the dark mare. "You are from...no allegiance." The ivory mare was in one of her strange darker moods. A cruel smile twisted upon her lips, why she could help this member of the edge to finish her quest. Or she could make this stealing mare forget all about her little quest. Her gaze now rested only on the darker mare, while Arah pawed the ground. She swished her tail, or rather the top part of her tail moved while the bottom just swept along the ground or didn't move at all.

However the last thing she needed to do was piss the Edge off. So maybe she should help the mare, get a good work in. Maybe even turn this around to help the Basin. The cruel smile stayed in place. "I can help you finish your quest, I overheard you saying that you also need an individual who shares your class." Arah chuckled softly. She hoped that a good deal was about to happen. "I'm an Impersonator for The Basin. However I won't do this for free." Her tone was light, friendly. As is discussing the weather over a patch of grass. She walked over to the two and stood next to the horned mare. "Our herds are currently opposing each other. I don't want to be seen as helping the enemy."
Strolling slowly she now came to a stop in front of the equine. Of course Arah wasn't racist, she just was working for the Basin. "So what do you say, interesting in hearing my price?"

[[OOC: So sorry for the wait. I just wasn't sure how to respond for a while, but this works for me. Don't worry, Arah's price isn't anything big ;) ]]

And I ain't afraid to die, I’m afraid of going to hell.

✽ Force and magic permitted. ✽
✽ No fatal or permanent damage. ✽
✽ Please only tag in opening posts. ✽

Unregistered

Sulwyn

The mare had been wrestling with another cluster of thistles when the manipulative bells of the horned doe's voice reached her audits. Startled by the porcelain mare's sudden appearance, the mustang stabs a charcoal foot straight into the prickly bush, and pinpricks of pain immediately shoot up her ashen pillar. The wraith examines the area where her foot has suddenly disappeared, seething with frustration and embarrassment, before lashing her tail out with annoyance at the Impersonator's words.

"The Goddess is well known for her challenging tasks, yes, but she is not cruel." The grulla snaps her head to the side as the grey mare steps closer to her sun-branded flank. She has grown impatient with this meadow full of daggers, and she is not responding all too kindly to the way that the horned femme is treating her. The only queen that I must answer to is my own came her short-tempered retort, although she did not voice the words aloud. It wasn't worth losing what little dignity she had left by falling for the doe's dark tricks -- but Sulwyn had already been baited. "I appreciate the offer, mare, I really do, but I am not interested in negotiating with someone from the opposing side."

Realization begins to trickle its way past her thick walls of defense, seeping into the numerous cracks and crevices that laced the brickwork of her mind. Hadn't the crafters said something about a Nightshade...? Oh, yes, that's it! "What makes you think that I'd be willing to make any bargain with the likes of you? It's because of you and your herd of 'superiors' that a member of my family is dead!"

Tears of frustration began to cascade down her cheeks, staining the fur there a dark grey where they would originally have been silver. The lack of emotion that the sun-marked fae had experienced when Lace had shared the news of death was rushing into her, and all at once. It was like a raging river, and there was no stopping the water that rushed past once it had the motivation to flow.

She experienced the anguish that her herdmates shared over the loss of their trusted friends and lovers.

She felt her heart make room for the hole that the absence of a loved one often brought with them.

She grappled with the hopelessness that she was sure every child felt when forced to face the horrific terms of Death; when it paused at their doorstep to fulfill its contract -- to claim the souls that had once been their courageous sire, or their loving dam.

The discomfort that she feels from the thorny branches is no match for the anguish that seeps into each chamber of her heart, threatening to drown her with the drink of all sorrows, and to wash away the misery that had come to inhabit her trembling form. The image of the golden man and his daughters is all too clear to see, but no amount of tossing and turning at night will wipe this memory from her mind. How can I mourn for you if I have never met you? It is a silly thought, but it comes out all the same. I wish that you could have a second chance. If not to spend a minute of your time with me, then to spend an eternity with your daughters.

With her head bowed and her thick silver tresses draped all around her crown, the wraith lifts her trembling leg to reveal a latticework of scrapes, and she moves the injured leg onto a thorn-free patch before raising her head to speak.

A shadow casts over the golden-eyed fae as she forces her golden eyes into a pair of equally metallic ones, unafraid to reveal the raging mass of emotions that lie behind them any longer. "Do you still feel like striking a deal with me?" The wraith allows the doe to state the price of her cooperation, her head low and ears sagging throughout the conversation, but once the last of the porcelain mare's words leave her lips, the grulla remembers that she still had more company to attend to.

The silver tresses that lay across her striped face and glistening eyes shift when the mustang turns to address her prisoner once more and, as a warning, she allows for one single life-stealing orb to materialize. It casts an eery glow upon her nape and cheek, making the highlights of her banner reflect a soft lavender color. The ethereal flames caress their mother's face, and this time the sun-maiden does not flinch. The dark tendrils are cold against her skin, almost as if they were little ghost hands probing at her face, and she almost lets another tear fall at the comforting touch of her weapon. It has no heartbeat. No soul. No mind. How is it that something that I created to drain the life force of others is now trying to provide me with comfort in my time of need? How can something so destructive be so gentle?

And indeed it was gentle. As soon as the flame began to drain the mare of her energy, it would move away and glow a little dimmer, almost as if it were feeling remorse for hurting the fae that had brought it to life. But each time it moved away, it always came back. Sulwyn appreciated what her magic was trying to provide for her, but she still couldn't shake off the unease that she felt around it. It wasn't natural for her magic to be acting like this; it was (more often than not) uncontrollable, and as soon as she summoned the ghostly lights they would dance around her -- or fly from her -- whenever they pleased. Maybe it was her longing for acceptance, or understanding, that had caused her dark magic to act in this way. Maybe her need for another being to relate to and take all her pain was just too strong. Perhaps it had been a good idea for her to ask the Moon Goddess for a companion, to help her see the light in these times of darkness.

But her train of thought had derailed itself again; she was not guarding the blood-pointed vixen as she should be, and immediately the wraith coaxed her magic to put a little distance between them. "It was not my intention to ignore you, Madam, but it seems that I have done so regardless. I apologize for that." Sulwyn shuffled her dark feet, pain shooting up the leg laced with wounds, but forced herself not to show any signs of the stress in her leg and went on, "I do have the ability to summon these flames, and their purpose is not one that I would like to utilize. It can be rather... tiring. It would make more sense for you to accompany me to the Goddess, where I promise that I will let you go free. My herd has no use for you, and my only intent was to free you from the chains that that stag had bound you in, and I think that I have been successful in my task.

All I ask of you in return is to join me at the Veins, the pair of you, and to forget our difference of herd and of species for these next few days to come. I do not think that it is too much to ask," Sulwyn glances at the white femme, subtly indicating that no bargain will be made for that condition, at least, "I have no quarrel with either of you, I'd like to make that clear. The time of war is not upon us, and so I think that we should be free of the boundaries that our two herds have put up against each other; for now."

Notes: @[Seele]; @[Arah]
Text

Seele the Necromancer Posts: 210
Deceased atk: 5.5 |
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 hh :: five (ages orangemoon) Buff: NOVICE
Abba
Manipulative. Cruel. Exactly what I was. Lovely traits, no? A cruel smile was placed upon this mare's lips as she peered between this Sulwyn and I. "No allegiance would be correct," I responded, boredom dripping off of my maw as I stood up taller between the two of them. And then the white dove was offering help. Help with a price. Definitely as manipulative as I. But it didn't take long for this grulla mare beside me to break down and begin to cry. "Kleine is weaker than I expected. Bulk up." I chastised the mare as she yanked her leg free from the thorny branches that had snagged her. She's trembling. How cute. How cute and utterly disgraceful.

It is obvious she can't even keep her mind in one decision. How can she when she complains that she can't dare help only to see if she was willing to strike the deal. The mare was getting easily lost in her thoughts. I could have left by now but I was way too amused with the fact that this one could not hold herself together to leave. A laugh was placed upon my lips as she turned to apologize for ignoring me. Ha. An apology. She really was weak. The strong did not apologize. She explained her little dancing flame and how her only intent had been to free me from the stag. Good. But she was still utterly stupid.

Time of war not being upon them. That was true. But blood could always be spilled. It was something I loved taking a part in as well. And perhaps she'll get to see that if she continues to be weak," Schwere purred, laughing at the fact that he knew I would easily best the mare in a fight. "I will travel with you Kleine. But you should learn the idea of strength. You seem to be lacking it," another pause, "Or perhaps only those with horns are granted it." A smirk rested upon my face as I peered to her, awaiting for our departure.

352 words
Seele's annoyed and saying anything to piss off Sul
also I couldn't tell if she was actually draining the energy or not - so I went with she wasn't...
If you're warm, then you can't relate to me
Credits
●☽ ☾●
Glory and Gore go Hand in Hand
That's Why We're Making Headlines
●☽ ☾●

Arah Posts: 343
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Wynter :: Royal Griffin :: Draining Clutch Frostie
Not edited, too tired to do it now. I'll fix in the morning but I said I'd get the reply up xD

Arah
It’s that though we learn from our mistakes we’re condemned,
To make those same mistakes
again and again.

How stupid was this mare? The Ivory doe laughed at her weak defence of the Goddess. Well, then. What a cute little loyal follower. Arah sighed and watched the mare display her anger. This cute little grulla does not scare Arah in the slightest. Arah had looked death in the eyes and given him a smug smile. How was this little girl to challenge her. As the only mare continues in her angry huff Arah keeps to silent choosing to watch the current show rather than contributing to it. Honestly, she wondered why the mare had suddenly jumped down her throat. It's not like Arah had actually done or said anything to harm them. A giggle tumbled from the ivory mares lips now. She 'appreciated the offer'. How pathetic, she had chosen to be righteous instead of picking magic just to stroke her own ego. The ivory doe didn't speak for a moment, instead she pawed the ground slightly. She was nervous about the mental sate of this mare in front of her. She had obviously just run into two crazies, it really was her lucky day today. With an unfazed expression, the mare as white as the snow falling around them turns and begins to walk away.

Her voice calls out to the white mare again though, and Arah pauses, letting the mares cold words rush over her back. Arah frowned confused as the raging mare finally finished yelling at her. "I didn't assume or think anything." Out loud she still spoke to the earth around her refusing to look back over at the other mare that she found extremely rude. "Mare you are growing far too bold!" Now angry herself Arah turns back to the other. "Because of me?" She screeched feeling furious. "How dare you make such an assumption, I had nothing to do with the death!" She snorted, her burning eyes still staring at the other. "If you had not been so rude to me, I would have grieved the death with you!" The truth spoke loudly in her tones.

Arah watched the mare begin to cry and for the first time n her life did not try to comfort the one who was crying. She was too busy nursing her own wounds to care. Crying was not weakness in her eyes, but it was the show of someone finally breaking down. Arah huffed and her voice was soft. "I am sorry though, but just because I come from somewhere, does not mean I represent or share their ideals." She walked closer to the crying mare. "You would do well to remember that."

This mare infuriated her, and Arah ignored her prisoners words. The mare takes a moment to gather herself, she summons magic. Arah watched the little balls of magic with interest not feeling threatened by them in the slightest. Th mare asked if she was still willing to corporate. Scoffing Arah replies "No. But I've already offered. I won't take that back now." She sighed before continuing. "My price. You release her when the quest is over. Straight away. You don't impression me. And a new one. You will stop judging people from where they are from."

She listened to the mare terms and sighed. "Yes yes, I'll go to the veins with you." Narrowing her eyes Arah couldn't help but scoff at her final statement. "I disagree, you made it war between us when you went all...crazy one me." Arah sighed with pity. "But it is in my nature to forgive, but I want to make it perfectly clear where I stand." She looked the mare dead in the eye.

"I don't trust you."
And I ain't afraid to die, I’m afraid of going to hell.

✽ Force and magic permitted. ✽
✽ No fatal or permanent damage. ✽
✽ Please only tag in opening posts. ✽

Unregistered

Sulwyn

{Yay for reply! :D}

Solemnity had managed to grip the silver mare in its talons now, for both of the horned faes were subtly berating her. The taller of the two was to be expected; who would willingly be polite to the one that had captured them? Sinding, that's who, came her own sudden reply. It was true that he had cooperated with the wraith when she had brought him back to the Edge, but since then she had lost him to the mists of her own home. He seemed to have been almost elated when she had welcomed him to their home -- perhaps he had always intended to join them but never had the courage to try -- and it just felt... odd to have him remain with her as a prisoner, when truly he was a guest. Where had the stag gone, anyhow? The last time the sun-branded fae had seen him was when she had handed him over to Mikali, who has also been absent as of late. Was Sulwyn's earlier assumption that the two had history together right? Were they spending time together right now, catching up with one another?

It was none of her concern now, for Sinding was no longer hers to keep. She had a new prisoner to keep track of, and she was doing a miserable job at that. So far, she had managed to lash out a porcelain doe -- whom she had never once met before but was accusing of murder -- and she had ignored the dangerous fae -- allowing her ample time to plot escape, if she had not attempted to do so already. She was a pitiful wraith at best, and maybe the war-painted unicorn was right. It was time to toughen up.

Turning her striped face to address the white mare, Sulwyn listened to each of the words that flew from her furious lips as she thought of what to say in return. I've done an excellent job of making a fool of myself, there's no doubt about that. It seems as if I've managed to piss her right off, too. Nonetheless, the much smaller equine was grateful to Arah for keeping to her word, and she felt that she was obliged to do the same. It would be best to start with an apology, though, and make her own position among their estrogen-plenty group known.

"I do remember that, Arah, but you know as well as I that these are dark times," there was no way for her to have known how true her words would prove to be in the days to come. Before speaking again, the ashen fae lowers her head with sadness, both at the grief that had ripped through her just moments ago and at the prospect of a war between their two herds. Had it not been war that had murdered her family, and sent her running to this dangerous meadow? "My actions of late are inexcusable. I hope that you, both of you, will take my sincere apology to heart."

Lifting her head to allow glistening golden orbs to peer into the doe's own, she presses on, "I agree to your terms. I will release you-" she switched her gaze to look at the daunting black vixen, "-once our quest is confirmed complete, and I will not attempt to imprison you-" the mare turned back to Arah "-either."

The urge to lick her lips in surrender to the vehement white fae is powerful, but she takes the other unicorn's words to heart. It is time to become strong. Stepping towards the antlered creature, her pained leg throbbing in protest, Sulwyn says coolly, "You made it war between us when your family killed mine. All I had asked of you was that we forget that for now." She cocks her head before adding on, "If grief makes one crazy, then I fear that I have been crazy for far too long."

I am so done with this quest. Whereas once she had been overjoyed to complete a quest for her beloved Goddess, the mustang is now fatigued. Suddenly tired of standing between two unicorns who have it out for her, the equine pushes past the both of them, her tail lashing out behind her as she leaves. The ache in her cannon is hard to ignore, but they are both right: she needed to toughen up. Climbing up a small hill earns a stab of pain for the mare, but she clenches her teeth and pushes through the pain. At the top of the rounded belly of the Earth, the wraith turns to look over her smoky shoulder, and she whispers to the meadow of daggers, "And I don't trust you."

{OOC: Kind of lame, but I just want to get this over with. x.x I think it is safe to assume we are done here, unless you have anything else to add? I won't be replying to this thread any longer, and I'll have one up at the Veins shortly. Thanks guys!}

@[Seele], @[Arah]

Text