the Rift

[PRIVATE] Kids Shall Always Be Kids [Sacre]

Sikeax Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Okay, so Mom said we don't have to stay in that weird place anymore because the black stallion that walked up walking weird said we could be free and go home. I'm not sure of what home is, but it sounds nice. Wasn't home the place where I was born? Yeah, it had all of that white burning stuff and was really annoying, but I kind of miss it sometimes. Maybe I'll be allowed to come back and visit when I'm older. Mom said I could explore as long as I didn't mess with the herds or any outcast bands. I don't know what an outcast band is exactly, but apparently we're in one called the Assassins.
Even though I had rights to explore my new home, I had restrictions that were kind of annoying. Well, really annoying. Like not to into the Steppe near our home, or the Spectral Marsh because there were things in there I wasn't old enough to see yet, the Secret Grove for reasons I could know when I was older, and the Deep Forest. Just the thought of going into the Forest was interesting enough, but I think I can break the rules and be a bit of rebel when I want too. Mom didn't have people all over the place looking for me, right?
I had decided to go to one of the places I was forbidden to go to, and that today was the Steppe. The Arch was pretty and everything, but when I could look out to see the Steppe, oh it looked so pretty! The first night home Mom and I started up to the sky and she told me stories about the Moon and the Stars, and the palette of mystical lights in the sky. I wanted to see them more and hear more of Mom's stories, but I fell asleep beside her and the stories ended.
Today I wanted to see what the place was like, but in reality, it was worse than the place I was born in. The white stuff was everywhere, and I was told it was snow. Out here, it just happened to be every where. I kept heading north, or whatever direction it was, I don't know my directions right now. The wind was cold and bit me with every hit, and my breath came as steam. My horn was still putting off pale blue light, and when we got home, I had the first chance to see what I looked like. My body looked like the stallion who was waiting at the border that called my Mom Adrix, except with any white stuff on my coat. My mane and tail are short, choppy, and a dark brown, but on my butt where my tail begins, there is a blue circular marking that makes my tail turn a dark blue at the top. My eyes match Mom's with grey flecks inside them, and my horn matches without the flecks. So, I guess I'm kind of pretty.
Oh, did I mention I figured out how to talk?! Because I did, and my voice sounds weird to me. Everyone else said it sounds better than a squeak which it was when I was born, but at least I know I'm not broken voice wise now. My horn still might fall off soon and I don't want it too. It'll probably fall when I fall on my face because my legs are horrible when it comes to doing what I want them to do. They shake and wobble and make me fall down and slide down hills into piles of snow. That day was a strange one, but since today is today, and that day was that day, I got some better things to do. Like practicing running more.
Running here is kind of fun, but at times when you run through the snow it has a deep spot that you can fall in. I fell into the snow earlier today while leaving home to explore, and was kind of glad to not have anyone see me do it because they'd probably laugh at me. I'm pretty good at making other's laugh, and Mom said if we ever go into battle or need someone to cheer up, just to throw me in front of them so that they'll laugh and they can beat them up. I don't want to make someone laugh and then have them be beat up because of me, but whatever.
My little legs were doing kind of alright with obeying me today. A laugh came from me and I found myself wondering what it was, but it was fun to have that out there and I liked. Around there was a sea of snow and I was exploring. I had the whole world to explore before me, and I wanted to see all of it before I grew up because then I'll probably be busy with a job within the Assassins. Maybe someone could explore with me and be my adventuring partner so if one of us has something go wrong, the other could rescue us. Oh yes, that sounds like a great idea right now! It put a good smile of my face, and in my shear joy, I forgot what I was doing and tripped.
I guess I slipped more than tripped, because I don't think it's possible to trip in this powdery stuff. There was ice under everything I guess, and I just happen to find one spot that was up there higher than the rest. Sounds very much like my luck. But when I fell and looked up, I didn't see the blue stuff that came off my small horn was gone! OH MY GOD, MY HORN FELL OFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I screamed like I did when I fell down for the first time and panicked, turning around in the snow looking for my horn. Oh, Mom is going to kill me. And it was so pretty too! I loved it even though I only knew it for a few days, and it needed to stay on my head! What would the band say when they found out it fell off when I slipped on ice in a forbidden place? I'd get in trouble if anythinng.
Right now, I just want to cry. I've probably lost my horn, and I'm in a place where I was told not to go to because it was dangerous. Finally, I looked up and saw the light was still there, and relief came over me. It was still there! Okay, so maybe it was on there better than I thought. I'm really going to need to figure this things out before I start exploring the world. I've only got a few years, and I keep doing this, well, I'm going to get no where. Which is kind of where I'm at right now.

If you could hear me then, can you hear me now?

Image Credits

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi

The Frostbreath Steppe. So alluring in it's wash of white and although it wasn't quite in Basin territory, Sacre still considered it as home. He jogged along the mountain pass to emerge on the cold desert, the land lacked the encasing of mountains like the basin did and the being out in the open made him feel less secure, but the colt carried on through the deep snow. His legs, though they still struggled at times, were slowly getting used to the vigour of navigating the drifts. Each step he took was tentative, at times he found himself belly deep and surrounded by chunks of cold alabaster as he struggled to a shallower place. He hoped his brother had remained in the Basin, he didn't want to imagine Roux stranded in the Steppe blind to all around him. What if wolves got him?! No, he was safe in the basin. Surely he was. After falling down another drift and grunting his way out, Sacre decided that maybe it wasn't the best idea to travel out onto the Steppe and so he began to turn to make his way back home. However, his eyes latched on to a tiny appearance of a newborn filly and with swift concern Sacre tried his best to quickly move over to her.

Upon gaining ground on the girl, the crimson stained boy noted her pretty amber tones and a strange glowing horn upon her brow. Was she a unicorn of the Basin? If so, Sacre had surely never seen her before. Maybe she wasn't from around here and he shouldn't be approaching her. Yet, he was a colt who seemed to be developing a knack for constant worry over those he met and even though he didn't even know the filly before him. He couldn't very well just leave her out in the wilds of the Frostbreath with no one to guide her. What if he did and she died out here? That would be all his fault and Sacre wasn't sure if he could deal with that on his conscience. He knew father had killed many before and nothing seemed to bother him, but the child had not yet shaken his innocence and the prospect of being the cause of another's death made him shudder.

Hoping he was close enough to her for the tiny filly to hear his voice, he quite calmly raised his kind tones and called to the girl with the glowing horn. "Are you from here miss? Please be careful" concern laced his words as he slowed to a halt, the wind whipping the tufts of his mane and his tiny ebony tail through skinny legs. He was glad he came out onto the Steppe now, if not, perhaps no one would have found the femme roaming the white wastes.

At the last minute, Sacre sharply gazed at the scenery around him, his naivety forgetting to check the terrain for other souls who might be roaming. Or a parent of the child. In his quick concern the colt had forgotten to look for others, but it seemed they were truly all alone for now and he awaited the fillies response with bated breathe.

Art by Strideroo

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Sikeax Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

I'm not getting anywhere right now, and I really don't know which direction it is to get home. My horn is still intact, which is nice, but it's getting cold, and it seems best to get home before the night falls in. Mom is probably worrying right now..... Oh, what if she's mad when I get home? I'm going to get in trouble I know.
My worrying goes short lived because a voice is there to ask me if I'm from here and tells me to be careful. Careful?! I'll show you careful! I bounced up into the air, landing into a snow drift and being swallowed up by it. "Wee!!" is about all that comes out of my mouth as I jumped into it. I could just have a playmate on my hands here seeing as they looked pretty young from a distance. Couldn't be much older than me if anything, and having someone to play with sounds nice enough right now.
Climbing out isn't much of an issue because I can get myself out of there fairly quickly. I popped out of the top of it like a groundhog coming out of the ground in an awkward way. It wasn't coming out head first, more of me just thrashing about in the layers of powdery snow and laughing. Having a voice now is something nice to celebrate, and a playmate can make it more worth while.
It didn't take me more than 15 seconds to thrash out of there, and when I got out, I rose up to my hooves and smiled towards the other foal. Their scent told me he was from a herd and male, and automatically I wondered if the reason Mom said to stay away from this area was because it was part of a herd. I kind of smell like a herd even though I was only there for a day, but I was born there and maybe the smell sort of stuck to me. Would the scent of Assassins take over soon? I hope, I really want to smell like the others I belong to, not the smell of a place I was just in a day.
"I'm not from this place here! I live in the Arch with my Mom and her band. I think I'm careful enough. Who are you? I'm Sikeax, but you can call me Sia. Do you want to play with me or go on an adventure? I'm just out here to explore right now. I've got plans to see the world before I grow up and I'm starting out now!"
Hopefully I was yelling at him loud enough that he'd hear me from across the snow and the wind and the cold. It would take too much to get over to him and see him up close, and that seems like a really swell idea at the moent. A smile bursts over my face and I bounced my step over to him before taking a funny run over to him. Up close he wouldn't look like much of a black dot, and probably more interesting. He didn't look like Mom, nor Uncle Tonka, but he was interesting enough to me. And I could see he had a horn! He might be able to give me tips as of how to keep my horn from falling off like Mom's did.
Getting up close to him was a battle, and I went to kind of half jumping, half running to him, I got the hang of it. Only after I fell down again. This time my horn stayed on and the pretty light kept coming. I'll make myself a new rule now: If my horn still has blue stuff coming out of it, then it's not broken and probably still on my head.
When I got up to him, the first thing I could really notice was the fact that he was indeed, black like the dot he looked like from the distance that was between us. Though now I can see him better and see what he looks like. Now, his eyes are something to look at, I must say. They were such a pretty blue! I couldn't stop myself from going "Oooooo....... your eyes are so.... pretty......." I didn't really that much to describe them, but there were pretty if more than that. I just needed a word to describe them! My own pale blue ones with the grey flecks showed a hint of laughter that I tried to hide to not be rude when I saw his own red ear. His side was red on one side, and it made me wonder why he was so oddly coloured. He was handsome though and the thought made me giggle. Right in front of him.
Now, words cannot always describe the feeling you have at a certain point. I guess right now was one of those moments because if he asked me why I was giggling, I couldn't say it was because he was handsome! WHAT IF HE THOUGHT I HAD A CRUSH ON HIM?! I almost panicked at that moment, and jumping into another pile of snow to hide my embarrassment doesn't seem too bad of an idea right now. Though if I jumped into one, the unseen heat from the burning of embarrassment within my cheeks would probably melt all the snow and I'd look like even more of an idiot. I think I need to rethink the things that are wrong with me. Like how boys are to the most fun thing to be around and that I embarrass myself too much and that I need to work on that. Hopefully he'll be nice and not laugh at me. Oh please handsome colt that came from I don't know where, don't laugh at my embarrassment!
And as if a gift from the Gods came, a gust of rogue wind came along and blasted me with snow. Thanks, I needed that.
Getting smacked with snow from a rogue gust of wind isn't so bad, unless you're around someone like him. I really need to rethink some things. Top of the list right now, rethink colts over and the fact that I embarrass myself constantly in every way. It'll have to get done soon too. It's not turning out the way I need to it right now.

If you could hear me then, can you hear me now?

Image Credits