the Rift

[OPEN] commencement [ Myrah, Open ]

Illynx the GildedBlade Posts: 413
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 13 HP: 67.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kyst :: Common Griffon :: Zapping Jab Bunnie
[ OOC: This is for Myrah and Illynx to discuss Myrah's rank and such, but others are welcome to show up and request training and such as well. ]

As the meeting broke up, Illynx made her way towards her dearly beloved cave with the moss overhanging, golden trimmed body nearly glimmering in the sunlight as she passed the lake and springs to the yawning mouth of her resting area. She was sure she would be followed, as many of herd members had expressed interest in training and she herself had announced that she would be accepting trainees, and while she knew that she now had an obligation to come through on her word, she also felt a dire need to escape the mass collection of Basin members. Their bulk made her uneasy, the seal brown femme finding that she knew very few of them and thus knew little of their individual personalities; it seemed kosher to escape before she and another knocked heads on differing opinions, allowing those who had further use for her to come and seek her out on their own time.

Her head dipped low to allow her body to slip under the deeply green moss, crisp and stiff against her back, coated in a fine layer of ice that sparkled beautifully in the sunlight. She picked her usual observation post, a large boulder about five foot into the cave and along the right wall, from which she could observe all the comings and goings outside of the mouth. The rock stood as tall as her shoulder, not a product of the water and minerals dripping down to form sharply pointed stalagmites, its rounded sides smooth and comfortable to lean one's weight on. She did so as she waited, her right shoulder pressed into its usual curve of the stone, ears on alert for approaching hoof beats.
Magic/assault allowed to be used on Illynx at any time, in so far as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission. 

Myrah Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Myrah
Ooc://No worries, Im sick. lolz//

Alas the meeting was over, she could barely tolerate standing another moment in silence as she watched others come forth bearing news or proclaiming something she didn't quite know about. In fact, Myrah did not know about probably 99% of everything they said, and found herself having difficulties trying to grasp each and every situation, and why it may be important for the herd as a whole. Sure she understood 'training' and various other ranked positions, yet she still did not understand what it was for.

Peeling away from Voodoo's side, she found herself slipping away from him in silence, not another spoken word between them. Confusion warped her visage, bending it like weathered wood. Once more the mare felt brainless before another, and not just one horse this time, no she felt it before the whole herd. "Well no more..." vocals barely a whisper against the frosted quiet that came soon after the herd departed.

Here and there she could see a scattering of horses, unapproachable, grouped together and talking among old friends... something the blue hued grulla never had the time to learn prior to stepping over the borders for the first time.

A puff of fog rolled out from her nostrils as the chill began to set in, ignoring it, she instead focused her attention on a lone horse disappearing into her cave. Perhaps it was not the best idea to ask another unicorn questions in their den, but it would be easier to approach than a small grouping, and more secluded.

Shoving her rather new fears of rejection aside, she pushed forth through the frost nipped grasses down towards the stranger's cave. Of all things, she wanted to learn about training, about how she could better the herd, even if she fully did not understand the life style.

Cloven hooves chipped away at rock and soil, churning it slowly yet anxiously as she picked her way over and finally came face to face with a curtain of moss. "Ma'am? Um, I don't mean to burden you. May I ask a few questions?" her voice rolled forward yet was pockmarked with the sureness of a mouse facing a cat. If that said anything about her, it said she was secretly quaking in her flesh, even if it did not show on her outer appearance. Slowly her head went down to look beneath the curtain, ears pivoting forth to catch what the mare may say in response. Yet she refused to 'peek' beyond the tangled mesh to see if the mare was even awake. Respectful as always in the face of the unknown.

"Myrah Speaks"

It would seem she wouldn't wait long; the departing shuffle of various unicorns making their way to their various destinations was wide spread, but she detected a singular set of hooves making their way upon the dense earth in her general direction. Her dark pointed ears were alert, golden eyes glittering with a curiosity as to who would be arriving to her cave; the scents of the herd were so mingled through out the brisk winter air that she could not discern a singular scent of her visitor, but as she doubted an infiltrator had made it past the entire collective of the Basin, she stood proud and elegant within her damp, boulder strewn crevice in the rock.

The sound of hooves drew to a halt just outside the veil of emerald moss, Illynx prying with her gaze to catch a brief glimpse of a blue-tinted pelt between the deep green of the vegetation. A soft smile lingered on her lips as she admired the never dying plant, always deep and thoughtful in its deep green, much like the conifers riddled throughout the forests surrounding their mountain abode, and in the winter it was encased in a thin veneer of ice that made it all the more attractive to the gilded corporal. A voice drifted through the lacquered curtain, youthful and mildly uncomfortable in the tone; perhaps she should have remained in the open air to invite others to speak with her, Illynx mused, previously having not thought of others being unwilling to barge into her sleeping place. "Ma'am? Um, I don't mean to burden you. May I ask a few questions?" She had invited them, but she did admire the politeness of this young mare, a black muzzle poking through some of the deeply green strands of Illynx's mossy curtain.

"Ask away, darling," she said, her voice restrained but still making small echoes about her, "but do come in from the embrace of the wind." Illynx shifted nearer the wall, allowing for ample room for the mare to enter and become comfortable, the brindled mare smiling softly and holding herself in poise for the eyes that would soon fall upon her.
Magic/assault allowed to be used on Illynx at any time, in so far as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission. 

Myrah Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Myrah
Ooc://sorry for bleh post -.-; Ironically you posted the day I put down my dog and broke the heck out of my arm. So sorry for lateness too//

A soft response and a smooth welcoming beckoned forth from behind the wall of overhanging greenery. A small sigh of relief issued past her mouth. Finally she would have a few of her questions answered at least. she would ask Voodoo, but from her understanding he was almost as new to this herd as she was, even though he was the one who brought her here.

Collecting her nerves she slid past the curtain, eyes glancing over the mare from behind the thick veil of her bangs before carefully averting. [00bfff]"Thank you Ma'am."[/color] she started, not quite knowing her name. "The thing is, I am new to herd life... but I want to be a part of it and aid them. I don't want to be a leech expecting its protection without doing my part... I heard the word training tossed around quite a bit today, its about the only thing I understood, and honestly I would love to learn what I can. she said swiftly, for if she didn't say it fast she wasn't sure she would able to get past her own stubborn kiger blood to admit again that she needed aid.

The mare hated feeling like she was a few rations close to idiocy, and her intentions were to truly do something with her life. She had experience fighting wild animals that wished to prey upon her, and a very specific equine... but she was sick of feeling weak and alone. Myrah wished for knowledge, and to learn how to fight. To protect those that protected her.

"Myrah Speaks"

[ OOC: I'm so sorry about your dog and your arm, what a hellacious day of doom. :( And no worries, I keep all my threads bookmarked and check them whenever I'm on, so as long as their not archived I'm still hopeful. x3 I'm actually on a bit of a busy period, I have some mild insanity happening in my life as well. ]

The shyness of the blue tinted mare was alluring, her curved horns drawing a wide eyed gaze that was quickly covered as the striped femme made her complete entrance into the cave. It was not that Illynx did not believe that the bi-horned girl now in her abode was not a unicorn, it just seemed rather silly to call something with two horns one horned; they were also hideous, in Illynx's opinion, but she kept her lips sealed on such matters, her thoughts about what defined purity not necessarily shared by all who graced the Basin. Either way, the young woman was polite, and that always won points with the corporal when encountering others for the first time; to be called ma'am was a bit unsettling, making her turn an inner eye to her collection of seasons, but in comparison to the newness of this one in her cave she could not really blame the girl for calling her old.

She possibly had not meant to imply it at all.

Either way, it did not matter; the striped mare desired to learn more about becoming useful, another trait that Illynx approved of in others. She smiled, nodding that she understood the request before she pondered how to respond. There were many ways to benefit those who one hung their head beside at night, but the ways Illynx was most proficient all involved the use of her physical attributes, and so it was best to stick to what she knew. "Please, call me Illynx," she began, her golden eyes glimmering as she looked upon her guest's face, "and I will be glad to help you however I can." She turned so that she was more directly in line with the mustang-like femme, her hooves clipping delicately upon the stone, always ready to slip upon an unknown patch of ice. "Did you seek physical training or wisdom? I can share both."