the Rift

A New Crafter; Apollo, Open

Antheia Posts: 129
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15 hh :: 4
Clo.
The cold frost air hit the black pelt of the filly. She snorted, cold fog running out of nostrils. Her ice blue eyes searched through the line of dead trees to find no life about. She found a small cave, some lot like the one she had stayed in when she was a young foal.
Antheia stepped inside of the cold shelter. Her hooves made a clacking sound as she walked around. "It's so sorrow and lonely." She spoke to herself. An idea popped up inside of Theia's small dome and she perked her harks. "Don't worry little cave, you won't be sad any longer." She smirked and tumbled out into the cold air once again. Antheia raced up to a tree and grabbed bark after bark off the base of it. Once she finished filling the bottom of cave with pieces of the tree, she went out in search of some weeds that stood up out out the snow. Grabbing the weeds, she took off back to the cave and spread the soft texture across the bark.
After taking a step back and looking at her finished master piece she was finally satisfied with her work. Antheia smiled and walked back into the shelter. "There, now you are beautiful." She spoke to the cave. Theia yawned feeling exhausted after the traveling miles and building her small home. Her white legs clasped beneath her and she fell on top of the soft weeds. She closed her pearls and feel into a deep sleep.

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow
Muscled legs propelled the stallion forward, his tail lashing out behind him in a fury of ebony waves. Each push off the ground kicked white powder from the earth, cantering hooves leaving clear imprints in the newly fallen snow. It was snowing, and despite the chill, Apollo was having the time of his life. For once, he had awoken and felt lighter than he had in a long time... Perhaps it was from finally seeing Phaedra again, as he had glimpsed her at the herd meeting in the Foothills. Perhaps, though, the lightness in his heart was because even though he had seen Phaedra, his heart hadn't clenched painfully in desire as it once had. Yes, their time apart had lessened the blatant desire he felt for the earthly beauty, but he would never stop loving her as a friend.

Still, to the matter at hand... Apollo was paced at a powerful canter, snow falling around his ebonite frame, and his nostrils flaring widely. With each exhale a plume of mist appeared, the heat of his breath swirling and dancing with the chill in air before rising and disappearing from sight. As the painted stallion drew into the thicker regions of the Threshold, his pace slowed, his hooves sliding a few times in the snow before gaining purchase and traction. Sharp honey-brown eyes surveyed the white of his surroundings, his head held high. Perhaps, to a stranger if they had looked upon him, Apollo was a stallion of self-assurance. He was confident in himself for the first time in a very long time, and it was because of this that Apollo's tail was held high, his head poised with elegant charm. That warmth that resonated in his eyes, however, remained, as well as a boyish grin on his dark lips.

Yes, everything was well and falling into place... Yet things would never be complete until he had found his sister.

Shutting the thought down, however, the Earth Medic gave his body a shake to rid the snow from his thick hide. Trees littered the Threshold forest, some pines that were in full bloom, and others barren and naked of their leaves. Everything, however, was covered in powdery white and feeling the full effects of Frostfall.

"Birdsong will be among us soon, brothers," Apollo whispered to the trees, his soothing voice echoing through the frozen silence, "And then you will thrive once more. Until then... Sleep."

Trailing off, the Earth Medic of the Grey scanned his surroundings in more detail. It was only then that he spotted a blotch of darkness that seemed to mar the pristine white of the forest around him. Curiously he ventured forward, one ebonite hoof reaching out to begin his trek. As Apollo drew closer, however, he noticed that it was a cave... How strange that he hadn't noticed this before in his journeys to the Threshold, as he had been here quite often as of late.

Pausing with slight trepidation outside of the mouth of the cave, Apollo snorted once, misty breath swirling before vanishing once more. It was warmer in the cave, yes, and as he cautiously ventured inside, the unicorn's amber eyes widened. Why... A mare was sleeping inside! The medic took a moment to view her, noticing her black and white colors that seemed to compliment his own. A cute thing, and idly the male wondered if she was alright. Dipping his head downwards while remaining a respectful distance away, Apollo spoke, his tone soft and kind. After all, the last thing he wanted to do was startle her.

"Miss...? Excuse me, miss? Wake up. Are you well?"

Credits

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Deceased
Clo.
The cold Frostfall winds rolled into the cave and caused Antheia to give a small shiver in response. Her eyes dreamed of her running with a large herd in a grass terrain with trees spotted in a few places. A river ran throughout the land and the butterflies flew freely. Her surroundings were beautiful and there was no sense of danger around.

Antheia woke up to a soft voice. Miss...? Excuse me, miss? Wake up. Are you well? The filly looked around to catch the eyes of a stallion, a very handsome one at that. She smiled and looked at him blurry, for her eyes had not adjusted yet to the white powder beyond him. Antheia looked at the stallion for a few moments more before standing up. She stumbled before she finally was able to stand straight. "Yes sir, I am." Theia smiled and glanced at the pelt of the unicorn. Fairly close to the color of her own. She looked back to the stallion and spoke. "Just a little weak from traveling, that's all sir." The mustang nodded her head and smiled to the stallion, looking straight into his glimmering eyes.

Theia looked out into the cold forest as another gust of freezing air blew in. She frowned and ran out into the morning, the white snow blowing up behind her. She went to the place where she had first found the wheat she had put in the small cave, gathering bunches of it. Antheia trotted back to the cave and set the wheat down before going back to the tree, picking at them to get more bark. Gathering the bark and setting it down on top of the wheat, Antheia started to rap the bark around the wheat carefully with her muzzle. As soon as all was done with wheat and bark, she ran back out into the cold and gathered some rocks from a river that had been near by. She grabbed the wheat and the rocks and took them to the top of the cave, throwing them over it and putting rocks on each strand, making sure they would stay.

Antheia smiled and and went back into the cave. "There, that should keep out most of the cold." She told the stallion, looking at the strands of wheat that overlapped the cave. Antheia remembered she had not told her name to the stallion that was standing in front of her, but nor did he share his name. "My name is Antheia, may I ask for yours sir?" She smiled at him and winked.
________________________________________________________________________________​
Actions || "Words" || Thoughts

ooc; I'm lovin' her! <3
tag; Apollo, Open
word count; 432

Flower Credits

Apollo remained at a thoughtful distance as the youngling awoke, watching innocently as the younger female turned this way and that, seeming to search for the source of his voice. As the ebonite female slowly hoisted herself into a standing position, Apollo was able to gain a better look to survey her frame. Lithe she was, as if built for speed rather than war, but she didn't lack muscle. The bulges and curves of her frame actually accentuated the paint filly's bodice rather well, not that they were much different in height.

It was nice to see, however, that she appeared unharmed. During his time as an Earth Medic, Apollo had seen many a horse injured and lost. Seeing this youngling, fine and healthy with a spark in her blue eyes was a welcome sight to see.

"I'm glad," the stallion responded jovially, his head lifting upwards and ears swiveling in the other unicorn's direction. "Times are harsh with the weather so poor. Frostfall is rather bitter this year, it seems... You're lucky that you found such a shelter in times like these."

It seemed that he garnered no response, however, as something seemed to click in the little filly's head, and out the mouth of the cave she went. Apollo, left rather slack-jawed in a shocked stupor, simply allowed his gaze to follow her out, neck turning to watch her disappear into the white snow. What in the name of the Gods was she doing? The stallion immediately took stock of himself. Had he done something to frighten her? No... She had given him no sign that his company was unwarranted, nor did her expressions betray any sort of fear or anger.

The answer arrived shortly later. A curtain of sorts, made out of dried grasses, rocks, and... Bark? Was that bark? Regardless, it was tossed over the mouth of the cave, which unsettled the Medic, for two reasons. one, was that it casted the cave in an eerie sort of darkness, as was one of the steed's greatest fears, and that this mare had used bark from trees... The trees were his friends, and she had simply stripped them of their armor against the brutality of Frostfall. It left a choked feeling in Apollo's throat, and when the ebonite mare returned, Apollo shuffled his hooves uncertainly. Was she not appreciative of nature around them, then?

He did not thank her for her make-shift curtain to ward out the cold, for honestly, Apollo didn't mind it. The cold, of course. His mind was caught on the bark-less trees that were now at the mercy of the snow and wind, but he wouldn't be rude. No... No, Andreas had taught him much better than that. Still, the young mare-to-be spoke, introducing herself as Antheia. Interesting.

"... My name is Apollo, good miss," the said stag began with a slight dip of his head, soulful honey-brown eyes locking on her own blue orbs, "I am an Earth Medic of the Windtossed Foothills, and brother to nature. I was out for a morning stroll when I found you here, and I simply wanted to know you were alright..." Of course, the stallion thought somewhat guiltily, if he had simply left her be, those trees outside wouldn't be naked. With a sharp shake of his head, disrupting his mane and giving the Medic a rather boyish appearance with a disheveled look, Apollo continued.

"I take it you're new to these parts, then?"

[ooc: Apollo isn't trying to be rude, he just loves trees.]

Credits

Deceased
Clo.
Antheia thoughts ran through her head about the stallion, he was so handsome. Though, he must already have a mate as cute as he is. Theia chuckled and shook her dome, coming back to the real reality. She smiled and looked into the honey-brown eyes that laid against his fine-shaped head. She shifted her weight over to her left side, resting her right leg. Her sky blue eyes were still fixed on the stallions' before she saw that he was unsettled with what she had did.

Antheia eyes seemed to become wide where they could just pop out. He spoke of being the brother of nature. She frowned and looked at the curtain like wheat that hung from the cave. She knew she had done it wrong this time, she messed it all up. "I'm sorry Apollo, truly am. I'll fix it sir." She once again ran out into the snowy morning and trotted to the top of the cave. She held the wheat still with her hooves while she moved the rocks with her muzzle, letting them tumble down the back side of the cave. Once the rocks were all the down the cave, she grabbed the wheat with her teeth and took off toward the tree she had stripped the bark off. Placing all the wheat around the tree, the one piece she had left she tied around the tree where the wheat was placed. "Sleep well my friend." She whispered to the tree and smiled.

The black mare walked back toward the cave where Apollo stood. Antheia smiled at him and rested inside the cave. The stallion had spoken something about a herd, Windtossed Foothills. She smiled, Theia would love to have a family she could love. "Would the Foothills happen to have a place I could use my crafting skills?" The delighted filly asked with excitement booming in her voice. She nudged Apollo. Realizing what she had done, she backed off a little bit. "I-I'm sorry sir." She dipped her head to the stallion and walked to the back of the cave.
_______________________________________________________________________________​

ooc; Rawr. <3
tag; Apollo, Open
word count; 348

Flower Credits

Honestly, Apollo wasn't sure what to think about this filly in front of him. One moment she was staring at him with wide, adoring eyes, and the next she was completely sheepish and uncertain, almost as if she was afraid he would chastice her for her choice of words. Still, it seemed to click in her mind at his words, and her apology caused the Earth Medic to chuckle and smile. He wanted to tell her that it was okay, even thought it still unsettled him, simply to see peace on her expression once more, except that before he could even utter a word, she was once more out through the mouth of the cave.

"... How strange..." Apollo muttered, truly conflicted. What was with this youngling? How very strange indeed. He had met quite a few women during his time in Helovia, all of which were uncharacteristically different in their own ways. There was Phaedra, the beautiful, flirtatious Pegasus who could have any stallion bowing at her feet. There were those battle-hardened warriors, like Ktulu, Ophelia, and Circe... And there were those who simply wanted to find a meaning to existance, like Aylin. Not once had he met a mare so utterly confusing like Antheia in his life.

Still, she returned once more after her little escapade, and Apollo tilted his head in her direction. Then she spoke.

'Would the Foothills happen to have a place I could use my crafting skills?' The Earth medic hesitated. So, that was why she had created a drape of grass, bark, and stones? She wanted to be a crafter? Before he could speak once more, the mare moved forward and gently nudged him with her muzzle, and Apollo nearly jumped out of his skin at the action. She had touched him? Why? Did she liked him? They had only just met!

With every instance that Apollo had been flirted with, a mare had touched him... Not that being touched was unpleasent, as Apollo quite enjoyed the brotherly affectionate touches that he and Midas would share, but... Around women, Apollo was hopeless. How should he act? A gentleman? A flirt? His psuedo-relationship with Phaedra had perhaps done more harm than good, as now, the Medic truly was useless in the ways of women. Perhaps he would have to seek out the General of the Dragon's Throat for yet another discussion on the opposite sex.

Worry entered Apollo's honey-brown eyes as Antheia turned away, and immediately he found himself taking a step closer to her. "Antheia, it's alright. There's no need to apologize. If anything, it is I who should be apologizing. Goodness, I'm just terrible with my words sometimes." A pause, then a nervous chuckle, and Apollo continued. "If you're searching for an occupation as a Mason, which is the Foothills' version of what you call a 'crafter', I must say that I cannot offer you that. The Foothills already has two Masons, which is all that is necessary, but perhaps there is a way you could serve under them?"

He smiled boyishly, a lazy grin marring his dark lips. "The Windtossed Foothills is home to the Grey, a family of mercenaries for hire. We are loyal only to our own, and do not pick 'sides'. We only serve who will pay us the highest amount." The overo's head lifted proudly as he spoke of his family, his horn pointed high. "While not everyone is required to fight in our family, a basic knowledge of combat is pretty much required. I serve the Foothills as head Earth Medic. If this is something that interests you, good miss, I'd be more than happy to lead you towards my home."

Credits

Deceased
Clo.
Antheia watched as Apollo took a step forward. Why hasn't he ran away yet? She thought to herself. All the other stallions never even gave her a chance, they only showed a disgusted look. She flicked her harks in confusion, she didn't know what to think of this stallion. He was such a gentlemen, but he didn't like her ways.

Her harks perked as he started talking about the herd ranks. Antheia frowned when he told her that the spot she had desired was taken. Then, her ears flew flat against her dome followed by a sour look on the filly's face. "I don't know how to fight!" She spat at the stallion before she could catch up with herself.

Antheia frowned looked at Apollo with sorrow in her eyes. What had she done? She had ruined it all, that's what had been done. "Aye, I'm so sorry Apollo." Theia wasn't happy with herself at all with what had happened. "I just don't know what to do." She let her dome drop, her muzzle reaching the ground. A tear rolled down her worried face and splattered against the cold cave floor.

She stayed at the back of the cave with a low voice. "An Earth Medic? Well, I've seen some horses play around with medic looking stuff, but I've never tried to do anything like it." She then thought about the other suggestion. Fighting. She hated everything about fighting, the hating, the gore, everything. She frowned and looked straight at Apollo. "I don't know how to fight, so I don't think that would help." Antheia shook her head and closed her eyes. She couldn't do anything right.
________________________________________________________________________________​

ooc; Bleh, worst post everrr!
tag; Apollo, Open
word count; 280

Flower Credits

Needless to say that the sudden outburst from Antheia took Apollo by surprise. He took a step back, honey-brown eyes widening by her sudden strike of fury. While he himself detested fighting, he would fight to the death for his very family. Still, the young ebonite filly seemed to come back to herself and apologized, which earned a soft exhale from the Earth Medic's nostrils. Goodness... His wits were going to end soon, as he honestly wasn't sure what to say or do.

"There is no shame in honorable battle, good miss," Apollo responded with a tilt of his head, which sent the crystalline horn upon his head slightly askew. "Like you, I detest fighting for everything that I am, but I have shed blood in the name of the Grey. Yet, I do not fight because I enjoy it; it's actually quite the opposite. I hate fighting, and hurting others, and causing others pain and suffering. I only fight because I love my family too much to not protect them." Here, Apollo tilted his head further, his tail giving a slight flick. "Would you not defend your loved ones with your life?"

It was strange, the stallion had realized in that moment, just how much he had changed since coming to Helovia and making a name for himself in the Grey. Idly he wondered just what Andreas would think of him now, if they were to cross paths again. Gods protect you, my dear sister, he prayed, Maybe we'll meet again soon.

Giving a nod, the stallion smiled. "If this life isn't of your fancy, good miss, I can easily just escort you to another herdland. There's three others here in Helovia; the World's Edge, the Dragon's Throat, and the Aurora Basin. However... I fear you would do no better in the Basin, for some of their members are racist and cruel to those without horns. The World's Edge might be a suitable place, if you wish to live a peaceful life. Lady Mirage is quite honorable I hear, and does not make her mist-dwellers fight." Straightening his posture, Apollo smiled. He wouldn't beguile Antheia for whatever choice she picked. A life as a mercenary, peace-fairing or not, could be extreme and uncertain.

Credits

Deceased
Clo.
The black filly thought over what the stallion had said. Of course I would fight for the ones I love. She frowned and looked at the stallion. Antheia was confused, she didn't know what to do. She wasn't racist, so the Basin did no good. But the Edge was a different story, this Mirage seemed lovely. Theia couldn't fight but would do whatever she could to help her family. She may fit into the Edge just perfect.

"Apollo, I have chosen the Edge." Antheia turned her body to where she facing the stallion head-on, "Though, you must promise me one thing," She continued on, looking Apollo in the eyes. "I must see you once again some day." She chuckled and smiled at the stallion. Had she made the right choice? Not to follow him to the Foothills? Antheia had hopes high that he wouldn't be angry at her.

She looked around the cave and smiled. "Keep other warm." She whispered in a soft voice and chuckled. Antheia walked past Apollo, stopping with a smile and then continuing. She stepped out into the warm, but chilly, Frostfall afternoon. It's so beautiful. She looked around at the glistening snow that laid across the hard ground. Although the air was cold, it didn't seem to bother Theia anymore.

Antheia smiled and looked back at Apollo, whom was still in the cave. One last game before I go. She chuckled slightly and started to roll a large snowball to the front of the cave. Once at the mouth of the cave, she smirked and kicked the snow at Apollo. "Got ya!" She laughed and smirked again.

ooc; Well, Antheia having fun.. <3
tag; Apollo, Open
word count; 276

Flower Credits

Apollo waited with patience as Antheia made her choice, knowing that it must be a rather difficult decision to make. Apollo himself was probably the only soul that Antheia had met since arriving in Helovia, this strange and somewhat unpredictable land, and in turn probably made that decision so much harder. After all, she would be going to a completely new place to meet completely new individuals... Yet perhaps, Antheia was full of more courage than he had given her credit for.

'I have chosen the Edge.' Apollo smiled brightly. Then so be it. He would not beguile her decision; after all, a life in the Grey was not for everyone. It was nice to see that Antheia was so honest with herself that she would remain true to her nature. It was an admirable trait.

"Very well then," Apollo said with a chuckle and a toss of his head, grinning at the young female. Yet it seemed that she wasn't done. She inquired if he would ever see her again, and with a chuckle and a nod, he continued. "Oh yes, good miss, I think I would like that very much. While the Grey and the Edge aren't allies, I can still see whoever I would like, whenever I would like, do you understand? So I'm pretty sure we'll cross paths again."

Then, Antheia darted from the cave, and Apollo had just a few moments to move towards the mouth of the cave when a snowball suddenly spun through the air and collided into his chest, creating a puff of white amidst the vast blackness of his coat. The Earth Medic, unsued to such acts of play, simply stared, slack-jawed, at the ebonite mare before he suddenly laughed. It wasn't a dull chuckle, but a true, heart-felt laugh that echoed from the depths of his barrel.

So she wanted to play, hm?

"Oh, now you're in for it!" Apollo called out with a laugh, and promptly charged into the snow towards her. He arched his neck, trotting handsomely and glanced in her direction as he passed, flicking his tail towards her in a playful manner. There would be nothing wrong with a child-like indulgence to begin their trek to the mist-covered lands of the Edge.

[ooc: I'll make a post for them in the Edge shortly. :3]

Credits