the Rift

[PRIVATE] !! [COMPLETE] Everything [Quilyan]

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
and i'd tell that i miss you but i'm sure it doesn't matter at all
Resplendence sighed. Why was it so difficult to travel in this weather? The cold was definitely aching on her bones. But she would push through it. She wouldn't be a burden. Though, they needed to stop and rest. Quil looked horrible and she couldn't be of any help in making sure he kept moving. So, she landed her eyes upon a few of the thistles protruding from the snow. Quil needed a break and some water. She needed to pretend the world wasn't crashing down around her and that she had the chance of losing yet another whom she cared for.

Gently reaching out she snagged one of the thistles that was closest to her before stretching out to place the flower precariously in the dock of her tail. Then, she would bounce a few step forward and repeat the process. Pull out the flower. Stretch around. Place the flower in the dock of her tail. And the cycle continued. She moved forward slowly, hopping between piles of snow and plucking thistles as she went. Heading toward the river she continued to pull out some of the thistles.

Upon arrival of the river she slammed her hooves into the ice, watching as it cracked and broke away. She kicked a few more times until it had completely shattered enough to drink out of. "Come drink Quil! You'll feel better!" she called, peering over her shoulder toward him as she continued to pull flowers from the ground and place them in her tail, starting to make a crown out of it around her dock.

@[Quilyan]
265 words
so short but cute ;3
Credits
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Quilyan Posts: 206
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zarina :: Pygmy Marmoset :: Quantum Leap ChaoticMelodies

The king whose word no man relies on
Quilyan
never said a foolish thing nor ever did a wise one.

As much as he likes to deny it, he hurts. He tries to hide it from her, for he hates to make her worry, but it is the underlying truth that drives their day-to-day movement. It is slow going, but at least they are making progress. Where they are going, he is not sure, for he is just letting her lead the way. He thinks they have gone past the Foothills, but he could be wrong. He does not say anything to direct her, instead filling the silence with tasteless jokes and attempted affection. He has not told her again that he cares for her, but the looks he gives her are loaded with emotion nonetheless. Today he watches with a fevered sort of amusement as she dances in front of him, plucking flowers from the ground and pausing to tuck them into the dock of her tail. They set up a pattern; she draws ahead and he ambles behind, only to catch up to her as she pauses to accessorize. Then she is off again, and the cycle repeats.

Zarina has spent much of her time burrowed in Quilyan's mane, but the mare's antics have brought her out of hiding. She scurries up his neck to perch easily on his poll. A soft chirp escapes her, and her emotions carry the question, though there are no words. The steed chuckles softly, then replies. "She wants the flowers to stay in her tail, young one. It is very pretty, don't you think?" Agreement floods through the bond, and then desire, for she wants to help. Quilyan frowns briefly; he knows that Resplendence will likely be afraid of his little marmoset, but he does wish them to get to know one another, for it would be about as easy for him to get rid of one as it would be the other - that is to say, it would be impossible for him to survive without either.

She calls to him, and he smiles at her, lowering his maw obediently to the water and taking a long draught. It is cold, and he shivers as it makes its way down his throat, but it is refreshing all the same. "I think I should rest, my lady," he declares suddenly. The pain is worse today, though he tries very hard to ignore it. "I believe Zarina would like to assist you with the flowers, if you would allow it." It is a suggestion, and a bold one at that, but he has never been a subtle stallion. Zarina chirps cheerfully from his poll. "I believe I will lie down." His legs fold beneath him as he curls awkwardly away from his injured wing, then looks up at her, waiting for her response.

@[Resplendence]
[W/C | ---]
Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.

RayoDeSoleil | VenomXBaby | NewdyStock | BurtN | SimplyBackgrounds
Please tag Quilyan in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to plot with Quilyan? Visit his plot page here!

Resplendence
A chirp caused her audit to flick backward as she continued to piece together some flowers in her haunches. The mare flicked her eyes up toward the little creature situated upon Quil's pole as he explained to the creature what she was doing. A frown upon his face, but Res shrugs it off. It can't be anything important. He would say something if it was, wouldn't he?

She breaks the water, doing more hard work than she usually would have. She had to make sure he lived. She would do all she could to ensure that happened. Res may not understand the ways of healing, and it may be difficult to figure out just what to fix but she would make sure he stayed alive until they landed upon a healer. He drinks obediently before declaring that he should rest. Worry floods her features as she bobs her head. "Of course, my knight." she murmurs, tilting her head just a little to the side as she watches his lumbering frame. And then he says that the little creature would like to help her with the flowers, if she would allow it of course. She peers at the two of them, watching as he lays down, curling away from his injured wing.

His gaze peering up to meet hers as she steps closer to him. Her maw nuzzles his forehead, flicking around the strands of forelock in the way as she lets out a tiny breath. "Rest and get better, love." she says, mind fogged over with images of blood and death. "And I suppose she can help," she murmured, nudging the little creature with her maw and giving her a way to scamper upon her back, tensing a little at the premonition of the feeling of something scurrying across her back. She would do this for Quil. She would try not to be afraid for Quil and nothing more.

@[Quilyan]
327 words
SO ADORABLE -squee-
Credits
When I'm ready to fall
With love

Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE

Quilyan

He frowns again as worry floods her features, then offers a sweet smile up at her, careful to keep any trace of pain from his orbs. "Do not worry, my lady. I am stronger than one little scratch." His words are soothing, but even Zarina looks at him with scorn for his comments. She knows that he is putting on a brave front for Resplendence's sake, that he knows as well as any that he cannot survive such an infection without a healer. She who rides on his back is more acquainted with his fever than any other, and she has felt it rise without respite for days. Do not scold me now, Zarina. You will scare my lady, he thinks, and the marmoset looks away.

The affection with which Resplendence speaks to him does not go unnoticed, but his only smiles silently rather than returning the word. He does not want to scare her off. Instead, upon her acceptance of the marmoset's help, he lays his head on the ground and closes his eyes. He does not sleep, but the rest will help him all the same. Zarina, on the other hand, watches as Resplendence's muzzle draws closer, and when it bumps into her, she scurries along the bridge of her nose to perch on the mare's poll. She pauses there, grasping a few strands of mane lest the fae panic, and chitters softly, hoping to instill some sense of trust. She was a jealous creature by nature, and inclined to dislike those who stole her bonded's attention, but she tried to like the scared femme nonetheless.

She was easy to like, Resplendence, and Zarina had quickly come to understand Quilyan's feelings for the petite fae. Now she strove for the approval of the mare that had become the prince's mate (if only by name and not by action, which she thought to be rather odd, but what did she know of love?). She began to braid the mare's mane, pulling a small section free to work with. Perhaps Resplendence would like flowers braided into her mane, as well. With that thought, the marmoset scuttles along Resplendence's neck and back, plucks one of the many flowers from her tail, and returns to her braid. She places the flower strategically to hide the ear that is missing, and then continues braiding until she reaches the end of the strand.

@[Resplendence]
[W/C | ---]
Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.

Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Resplendence
Resplendence shuffled her feet, changing the weight of it as she kicked some of the snow away from her thin legs. A frown upon his face as she worries about him. But, she couldn't help the worry. It was hard not to connect the two when the same pull on her heart was present. The restringing of the pieces and then the tightness, pulling on it as it's dull beats attempt to rip it apart. Seeing the one who had started to restring it curled up on the ground in pain caused the dull beats to grow stronger. The strings slicing into the pieces and giving a burning sensation. The more she watched Quil's condition deteriorate the closer and closer to the shattered pieces she grew. Images weaving together. Blood forming on his shoulder and dripping from it. Tears in his skin from a wolf attack that hadn't even happened to Quil. She couldn't bear to close her eyes, afraid that if she tried to sleep the only images that would dance in her skull would be those of Ciro. And, she couldn't bear to see those images again.

Then, he dares to look up at her with a smile. A smile when he has to be in unbelievable pain! All because he hadn't cared enough about his health in the process of finding her! She closed her eyes, shaking her head in dismay as he told her not to worry. Tears welling up behind her eyelids and as she opened them to look at him the tears spilled from behind the dam. "You are not okay Quilyan!" she spat, obviously torn as her throat tightened. "That is not a scratch! You can melt the snow with how much heat you have radiating off of you! That's not normal! That's not healthy!" her speech quickening before taking in a short breath and forcing the tears to screech to a halt. He couldn't get worked up because she was stressed. He needed to rest so they could keep moving. Even if she had no clue where they were going. They were going to hit some other place first. She didn't want the foothills providing a bad deal in the process of healing him. And he was obviously in a state of delirium so she doubted he would really know where they were going.

Resplendence accepts the tiny critter's assistance in decorating her mane and tail while she allows Quil to sleep. So, lowering her maw down to the marmoset she touches the tiny stomach only to have the creature scurry up the bridge of her nose and perch itself upon her pole. Res's eyes widen a little bit as she takes in a few deep breaths. Carefully, she raised her cranium up so as to not knock the young one off of her crown and then started to move forward, continuing to pick at the flowers and place them upon her tail. Freezing as soon as she feels it scurry across her neck, down her back and toward her tail, grasping one of the flowers and then skittering back up to her pole. As soon as the little one is settled again she begins to return to snatching up more flowers, placing them in her dock to keep them from disappearing off of her back. Then, she feels the flower that the marmoset had snatched positioned right where her missing ear was. The hair braided so it curled up around as if her ear were there, And, in the middle, hiding her missing ear, was the flower. A tiny smile resting upon Resplendence's face as she took in a deep breath. That was sweet. Oh, so very sweet. But, she still worried about her knight that was curled up on the ground.

That smile, though, turned into a smirk. It was time to see just how out of it he really was. She already knew they would have to move fast to get him to someplace that could heal him. But, this would tell her just how fast fast really was. Gently grabbing a flower from the center of her tail she positioned it behind his ear so it poked out. Then, another flower right beside that one. And one more, continuing it until he had a crown of flowers upon his cranium. Time to see how he responded. Time to see if the dull pain coursing through her veins from her tightened heart was a good indicator of how close she was to losing him.

765 words
OMG SO CUTE AND ADORABLE :squee:
@[Quilyan]
Credits
When I'm ready to fall
With love

Quilyan

Resplendence seems pleased with the marmoset's work, and so Zarina sits smugly for a moment before scampering down to the fae's tail again. She finds it amusing that Resplendence freezes each time she moves, as though afraid of throwing her off, and so she scampers back and forth a time or two, amusement coloring her thoughts. Disapproval quickly radiates from her bonded as he realizes what she is doing, though, and so she settles at the mare's tale, momentarily abased. Tiny hand work quickly and effortlessly to secure the flowers in Resplendence's tail. The task comes easily, for she has often braided her prince's hair in order to calm him. She wonders briefly if it has the same effect on his not-mate, glancing towards her head, and then returns to work.

Each new flower provides a new challenge for the creature as she tries to fit more and more flowers into place. Running out of space at the dock of the femme's tail, the marmoset balances her minuscule form on flower after flower, braiding them into a cascade down the tail. She is so wrapped up in her task that she does not realize, for a moment, that Resplendence has halted and seems to be doing something; when she does, she scurries back up to the mare's hindquarters in order to see what's going on. The sight before her makes her chitter her amusement, for it would seem that Resplendence is trying to place flowers in her bonded's mane. A wicked humor entered the marmoset's thoughts, which her bonded ignores, inwardly rolling his eyes at the girls' sense of humor.

A tiny smile plays on his maw though, and he cracks open an eye to watch his lady placing flowers gently in his mane. She looks amused, and he cannot bring himself to tell her to stop, though flowers are not his idea of decor. Zarina, though, has different ideas. Down she goes, landing easily on his uninjured shoulder. From there, she hurries to continue her work on her bonded's mane. Braids sprout beneath tiny fingers, weaving the flowers tightly into place. She snickers to herself as she pulls on one, noting that they will not budge for quite some time, and then chirps proudly up to Resplendence as though to show off. "Zarina," her bonded growls. "Whose side are you on, little one?" To that, she merely chirrups happily and scurries up Resplendence's leg.

@[Resplendence]
[W/C | ---]
Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.

Resplendence
Resplendence was being calmed down by the marmoset's constant fingering of her hair. The smooth locks being braided and pulled out to a relaxing rhythm. And, as the critter settles at her tail and begins to braid all the flowers into her dock. Slowly, she moves onto beginning to place all of the flowers into a crown upon Quilyan's cranium. She notices the smile upon his face and the eye that is cracked open as she works away at it.

It doesn't take long for the marmoset to drop off of Resplendence and bound to Quil's head. It's fingers working quickly to braid the flowers Res was placing on his skull tightly into place. Resplendence smirked and placed the last flower before taking a step back. Zarina continued to braid them in until they were all tightly placed on his crown. Gently, she yanked on one of the flowers to show Res that it was tightly placed in there before giving out a few chirps. She was obviously proud of herself and Resplendence couldn't help but to laugh. "Zarina. Whose side are you on, little one?" Quil growled only to get some happy chirps and Zarina to bound up Res's leg. A tiny smile on Res's face as she peered around to her tail, now fitted with cascading flowers down the top quarter of it. "Thanks Zarina," she sang before bumping Quil's forehead. "You look very royal, Quil. Feeling better?" she questioned. Carefully, she lowered herself down around his head, resting her cranium so it lay close to his. She had to admit that she was trembling a little from the cold. But she wasn't near as bad off as Quil was. So, she wouldn't complain. "We'll need to get moving again soon. Once you feel comfortable enough to walk." she added, worry clouding her eyes again.

315 words
poor bby still worried!
@[Quilyan]
Credits
When I'm ready to fall
With love

Quilyan

Emitting a noise that sounds much like a purr, Zarina curls up in a swatch of the mare's mane. It would seem that she has grown affectionate of her bonded's not-mate, particularly after said femme admires her work. It is always nice to be appreciated, after all, and Zarina takes such things very seriously. Her bonded chuckles at her antics, but refrains from groaning further about the crown of flowers resting atop his head. Ruefully, he remembers home; once he had been of royal blood, though crowns were not something that his family wore. It seems a cruel reminder now, a mockery of the distant past. Or perhaps it was just the illness making him depressed.

Resplendence lowers herself down beside him cautiously, as though afraid to jar him. He notices her trembling and stretches out his good wing, enveloping both her and Zarina within the warmth of his body. It is a small cocoon of sorts, and works quite well to create a toasty little cave in which his lady can rest. "I am much better now," he admits teasingly. There is a pause, and then she instructs that they must move along soon. He knows she is right, but he cannot stop himself. "Soon, my lady. Let us just enjoy one another's company for just a moment longer." Or forever works, too.

@[Resplendence]
[W/C | ---]
Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.

Resplendence
Res smiles a little as the little creature curled up in her pile of mane, watching Quil as he seems to groan a bit at the fact that he had a crown of flowers on his head. Good. At least he isn't completely losing his brain. That's a good sign. Perhaps leaving could wait a little bit. She hadn't slept in a while. And she really was beginning to tire out.

Lowering herself down she makes a few comments before feeling the marmoset curl up even tighter in the fluff that was her thick, long banner. Just as she went to rest and close her eyes she saw the movement of his wing heading closer toward her body. Panic filled her and she wanted to jump back to her feet. That thing could hurt someone! But, with the reminder of the animal resting against her withers she forced herself to simply freeze in place. Panic glinting in her eyes as she peered toward Quil only to see that the wing only wraps around them. It wrapped her and the companion in his feverish warmth. He's flirting. Another good sign. His brain is still functioning. "Warning next time," she murmurs, eyes lingering upon his wing before saying that they should move on soon. He says soon. That he just wants to continue to enjoy her company for a moment longer. So, with a tiny sigh she manages to bob her head. "Fine, but not much longer." she says, the worry coating her vocal chords. Shuffling her frame in a little closer she burrows her head so it rests in the nook that his chest creates with his neck and places her cranium upon his foreleg. Her eyes flickering shut for a few moments until she completely fell asleep. Exhaustion from traveling so much and not sleeping due to the worry taking over. She couldn't lose him like she had lost Ciro.

But her dreams were not dreams. They were nightmares. Vivid images of her loved ones flashing across her mind and her frame trembling with a few tiny sobs while she slept. Would the pain ever cease?

360 words
El Fin!
Still adorable XD
Credits
When I'm ready to fall
With love