the Rift

[PRIVATE] Louder Than Words [Israfel]

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

mesec</style>
      boy of the night fell from the stars</style>

I admit it; I was bored. Figuring that Ophelia was much too busy with ruling a herd to spend some time with me today, it was up to me to solve that conundrum myself. Wandering away from my home wasn't on my mind, but exploration was. I recalled a short trip a few seasons ago, when I had clambered to the top of a place called the Heavenly Fields. That's what Aviya had called it, anyways... I could see its peak reaching high into the skies at a distance at times, and I longed to explore it once more now that I had grown more independent and my wings weren't at threat to be torn off again.

It would take little time to reach the Heavenly Fields from the cradle of the Foothills, and while I didn't mind putting my legs to good use, I figured that I ought to better myself in the art of the magic I'd been gifted with at birth. So, coming to a halt and closing my eyes, I focused the whole of my energy on the lingering memory of the field; its lush grass and radiant sun, the clouds that hung so close I was certain I could have touched them... It was a strange feeling, traveling this way as the very darkness I'd been borne of covered me, eating away at my form until I was gone; and when I opened my eyes again, I was somewhere much different, unknowing of the shadowy pillar that had announced my presence just moments before.

Unlike in my memory, I was not met with warmth upon my back or soft shoots of grass beneath my hooves. Instead, the field was covered in an undisturbed lay of snow, leaving no traces of the earth beneath it. With the sun peaking out somewhere from above, it was nearly blinding to look at, but Mother seemed to be on my side today as a cloud billowed over to cover the Sun. A grin pulled at my lips at the thought, and onward I went to explore the wintry wonderland, the crunching of the snow my only company.

"Maybe I should bring Roskuld up here next time," I said aloud, uncaring if there was nobody else present to listen. I wasn't certain that the normally grumpy filly would even like it up here, but I figured it was at least worth a try. We weren't related by blood, I knew, but she was my family nonetheless and I would treat her as the big brother I always wished to be.

Credits
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Israfel Posts: 54
Hidden Account
Filly :: Tribrid :: 16.1 hands :: 2 Years
Sparrow
Israfel Azardokht
It was Frostfall now, much to my chagrin. My steps were light as I came to a landing in a radiant spray of snow, the frozen crystals disturbed and kicked up into a swirling cataclysm by the wind currents from my beating wings. Each golden-hued appendage battled the air, my legs splayed out to muster a semi-graceful landing in the snow. Front hooves first I landed, then my two back legs, each golden-clad hoof finding solid purchase in the snow. The snow settled after my landing, falling once more onto my back and sending shivers down my lanky frame.

"Oh... How I hate the snow," I muttered bitterly, crisp vermillion eyes narrowing at the powdery white that hid my hooves. A Sun-Child I was, snow and the general cold was something I disliked. If I could have it my way, I would have lazed by the roaring bonfires of the Edge day in and day out, but... Alas, I was still but a child, and boredom quickly set in.

In turn, to sate my boredom, I had left the warm confines of the Edge's bonfires and took to the skies, pleased for the clear weather that I could spread my wings and fly. A guilty pleasure, flying was, and one that I took advantage of whenever I could make the time. Needless to say, as of late with the falling snow and the frigid winter winds, my time in the sky was less than I liked. Still, mustering up my pride, and courage, I left the boundaries of the Edge in search for adventure.

My wings took me to the one place where I felt closest to the heavens; the Heavenly Field. Sometimes when I suck out solace, I would return to the Veins to be close to my father's shrine... But since my rather horrific encounter with the God of the Spark, my visits to the molten palace had been nonexistant. It wasn't that I was afraid to return, no... Perhaps it was simply because I was too ashamed of myself to do so. A self-centered, naive child I had been when I walked into the Veins that day, but I had left a woman. The lessons that the God of the Spark had shown me, while somewhat extreme, had done their job.

Since then, I had matured greatly, with much help from my mother. Still... No matter how much I had changed or matured mentally, I was still but a yearling, and I still had that child-like yearning for adventure. That was what had brought me here, to the Heavenly Fields.

Tucking my wings close to my barrel, both to keep them from my way and help keep me warm, I allowed myself to relax. Heaving out a breath, I tossed my head, the strands from my mane flowing and curling elegantly upon my neck. The red flowers tied there shone in the afternoon sunlight, and as my eyes surveyed my surroundings, I was somewhat taken aback to realize that I was not alone. A figure of darkness incarnate stood in the distance, seeming to not notice my presence... I chuckled to myself. Perhaps my landing had been more graceful than I had originally thought, as not to attract this stranger's attention.

Still, as I gazed at the ebonite male I couldn't help but feel as though we had crossed paths once before. His black bodice and wings looked terribly familiar, and that horn... Had we? A frown pulled at my lips as I fought with my memories, and almost hesitantly I closed the distance between us. Each of my legs lifted high over the snow with every step I took, wings shuffling upon my sides, and I must have looked an awkward sight trying to avoid the snow as I walked.

"Excuse me...?" I called out to him once I was closer, my pink nose stretched outwards, vermillions depths peering closely at his dark body, "... We have met, haven't we? I'm Israfel."

[ooc: First person practice.]

slime-stock.deviantart.com | AlzirrSwanheartStock.deviantart.com | foureyestock.deviantart.com | LucieG-stock.deviantart.com

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

mesec</style>
      boy of the night fell from the stars</style>

Entranced as I was in my snowy surroundings, I was ignorant to the appearance of another behind me. My head was lowered at her time of arrival, moving my upper lip back and forth at what was surely once a vibrant, colorful thistle. The frigid chill had long since taken it, however, and idly I wondered why it was the only one left standing. Not that it mattered...

'Excuse me?'

The sudden voice caused my head to snap up in surprise, a flurry of snow kicked up by my hooves as I hurried forward a step or two. But as my mind processed those two words, I found no trace of an intent to harm, and even more surprisingly, I felt that I had heard this voice before. Swallowing thickly my embarrassment, I turned myself around to face my newfound company. Indeed, I had seen this filly before, seasons ago when we had both been so much lankier. We had both grown since then, physically as well as mentally I was certain. But, what on earth was her name...?

'... I'm Israfel.'

""Israfel?" I repeated, head tipping to one side as that Birdsong day all clicked together in my head, painting a scene. Aviya had been with me last time, claiming that I was closest to my Mother here of all places. A part of me missed those days, when Aviya and I could hold a somewhat civilized conversation without being at one another's throats. But with a pursing of my lips, I pushed the thoughts of my sister away; she wasn't the one standing before me right now, Israfel was.

A smile was quick to replace my look of confusion, hoping that I hadn't appeared too rude in my moment of thought. Picking up my feet, I made my way through the snow and began to approach her with ears twisted forward. Although I wouldn't admit it out loud, I was terribly nervous to be in the presence of a lady that was so close to my own age, especially one so beautiful as her. In the depths of my mind, I prayed that my nerves wouldn't cause me to trip over myself as I closed in on her.

""Yes," I answered her, ""During Birdsong, I think it was... My name is Mesec." When I found myself just feet away from her, I drew to a halt and outstretched my muzzle towards her in a form of friendly greeting. ""What brings you up here?" My curiosity asked before I could come up with anything better. How stupid and mundane I must have sounded, and inwardly I cursed myself as I awaited her response.

Credits
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times