the Rift

[OPEN] Procrastination At It's Finest [questing]

Zdravilo Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
So she had to start the quest now. It'd be quite interesting seeing the mare fizzle trying to make friends. The Earth God had given her this quest. And it wasn't going to well. She'd made no friends, though she'd managed to stay away from the Basin, though she felt the entire thing was dreadfully annoying. Though, she'd myrtle through it. When she's go in to get her friend, she'd make sure Earth God know he was making her make friends which made them not real friends.

Well, maybe.

I'd never been here before, and immediately I liked it. It was so strange, yet interesting. I stood before the entrance to this cave. I just looked at it first. 'Cuz it'd be super embarrassing falling through a thin plate of ice into freezing cold water. I giggled slightly when looking at it. I looked at my reflection and contorted my face various ways as I started walking in. Immidietly, my hooves stikong the ground, I found the sound super cool and interesting.

Clippity Clop. Clippity Clop.

I walked deeper into the cave until my rump no longer stood in the frigid Frostbreath Steppe. Peering at the wall of the cave, I cocked an eyebrow. What the fuck was this? This was magic that made me look like this. There was NO WAY.

I stared into the glassy mirror that made me look about the height of a fucking squirrel, and the weight of an elephant... times two! Did I really look like this, sort of? I turned so my body was parallel to the ice. "Eek!" My voice came out slightly shocked, yet it had disbelief also. I had tiny little legs, a tiny face, a tiny fat neck, and the biggest body. I gladly looked away from the "Fun House Mirror". Thankfully, there was a thin column of ice in the middle of the cave that so happened to be my savior. I looked very thin, and tall. That was more like it. Though I knew I was built feminine, this column made my fine features stand out rather well.

I turned my cranium to the entrance of the cave.

My whiskered muzzle stretching towards it, taking in a deep breath, and letting my nostrils quiver and shake as my lungs fill up with cold air. I smell something.

But what?

OOC :: For whit and cirrus. After Whit posts anyone can join.

Cirrus Posts: 233
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8 HP: 69 | Buff: SWIFT
Whit
North.

It was all we knew for now, travelling to the land where the Sun seemed smaller, further away, where the chill in the air ran to the bones, where the winds blew one's wings haphazardly this way and that. My beloved was the exception there, of course, for she held magic that allowed her to hold onto the wind, to bend it to her will, and if she concentrated enough, to warm the air around us. We has just left the Threshold, and with the dark mare Shadow in our wake (Cirrus did her best to extend her magic to the wings of the pegasus so that the flying was easy for her so soon after an ordeal of breaking one's neck and being healed again). The weather was much more mild than their meeting the previous so her concentration was not as much of a battle to keep.

I clung to my beloved's back with teeth and claw, my frame not truly designed for travelling in the air aboard the rump of a pegasus, but when the weather was fine, and my beloved took care to make the flight smooth, I managed. My balance was growing better each time I experienced the flight - I found myself enjoying the view more often, rather then permanently fretting as to when we would next land. Cirrus' happiness was reflected within at my slow acceptance of this, and I thumped my tail across her rump in cheery acknowledgement. We grew closer with every day that passed, something that kept both of us in awe.

The landscape beneath us had turned decidedly white, and blue. The strange deepness of ice below was like nothing we had seen before - Cirrus silently reflected on her brief visit here as a young filly, some two years ago, and then it had been during the melting temperatures of TallSun. I felt the thought, the question, reverberate in her crown, as to whether she would meet the same spotted creature this time, and I felt her shudder at the thought of it, now knowing what she knew about him. I did what I could to comfort her, embracing her with our mental link, reassuring her that should he prove hostile I would chew on his neck until it bled and stained his spotted hide a deep, delicious red. It won't come to that, I heard her think, clutching to hopes that struggled against the sheer magnitude of the truth laid out before her.

The strange cave that existed beneath the great curve of the ice shelf did not go unnoticed by our matching cerulean gazes, and with gentle angling, we descended towards the curiously large cave. Landing upon the permafrost with delicate ease, I leapt from her back with similar practised grace, shaking my thick, maned neck and stretching my body out, letting the blood flow back to those muscles starved from oxygen through extended tension and maintenance of one single position. Immediately I smelled and tasted the air near us, tail waving behind me as my head lifted and fell, my paws taking me around with large strides across the area, hesitating before walking across the entrance to the cave. Cirrus lingered where she had landed, her gaze drinking in her surroundings, her leonine tail swaying this way and that with idle thoughts.

A sound tweaked my interest, and hers. We both approached the entrance to the cave, and with my hair standing on its end, a deep growl rolled from my throat, growing louder and more repetitive as it reverberated down, deeper and deeper, into the cave.

[ ooc :: Set before the no-magic plot.
@[Shadow], and anyone else, is welcome to join us.
@[Zdravilo] , I know you're quest has been put on hold, but they could have a thread anyway? :3 ]
Cirrus

image credits
table by whit
as changing as unforgiving as the wind, as bitter and chilling as the cold, as warm and deadly as the heat

• I enjoy being tagged.

• please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
    I write what I feel at the time
    and hope everyone else does the same c:

Shadow Posts: 153
    Deceased atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
    Filly :: Hybrid :: 14.2 :: 8 HP: 63 | Buff: ENDURE
    Chan
    Perhaps it wasn't the most thought through decision she had ever made. It might have something to do with that bump in the head she'd had, or a mild state of shock that caused her to cling to the most reasonable person around. Not that the vague but unmistakable signs of magic was neither reasonable nor comforting, but there was a certain something about the big-winged filly before her that made the small shadow follow quietly behind the healer into unknown territory.

Violet eyes regarded the horse and the monster on its back thoughtfully as she navigated the skies - something that required suspiciously little effort and made her decidedly nervous - and did her best to study the landscape beneath as they passed by. Cirrus appeared to know where they were headed, but Shadow hadn't the slightest idea. Her never ending stream of questions about this strange land had died away along with the forest beneath their dangling hooves, as much due to incredulity towards the answers as to tiredness. A dull ache in the joints reminded her of the long miles she had flown since she'd rested properly last time, and the stiffness and bruising in some muscles spoke all too clearly about the fall she had taken back in the Threshold.

When her word-shy guide finally began to lower herself down from the sky, the inky raven at first didn't know why. She was relieved at the thought of firm ground beneath her hooves for a moment, but the barren plains of snow beneath offered no shelter. Not the best place to rest, as she could have pointed out to Cirrus - if she'd thought that the young mare would listen - but never the less she followed suit and landed with a faint crunch of snow and a sigh of relief. Looking around, she now managed to spot what the native had seen from above; a peculiar cave, carved from ice and burring into the side of a glacier that stretched from there and out as far as the eyes could see.

Shadow trudged forward and aligned herself with the coat-changer, in safe distance from the canine that apparently followed her everywhere and gave Cirrus a curious look. Were they going in? The scents lingering in the air told of unknown horses around, of frost that never thawed and snow that barely melted... Neither the cold nor the barren waste bothered the shade overly much, she was made for these types of landscapes. No, it was this girls previous words that made her hesitate even as the young pegasi began to head towards the opening of the icy maw. That there were many other species of horses besides pegasi in Helovia, wingless and horned and... In her mind they became towering monsters with spikes jutting out of their eye sockets, tiny critters that gnawed at her fetlocks and... An echoing growl filled the air, making Skuggi jump on the spot and nervously tick the ears backwards, offering the wolf-like creature a suspicious glare.

"Hey Cirrus, wait up" she burst out when the images and stress finally became too much, and with a rapid crunching of icy crystals under hard hooves she hurried forward, so quickly that she slipped on a patch of ice and began to careen forward, on a chest to butt collision with the taller young mare that had stopped to scout the entrance to the cave.

BronzeHalo.deviantart.com HP: 42
    Healed