the Rift

Round 1 [Spar | Locket ]

Hana Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Hana
I don't preach or scream ain't trying to teach the scene,
The only guidelines are those you need to read between.

She stood in the now frozen foothills, her ruby eyes were watery. Having just woken up, Hana decided that today was the day to start her punishment. She had picked the stallion know as Locket to be her first sparing partner, then she would move on to her other two spars. Nerves made her jumpy, but her head was in the game and she was ready to do this spar. The time had come for Hana to prove herself. After the huge fight with her sister, Hana had decided that she was going to not only learn from these spars, but use them to prove a point to her sister. She wanted to prove that she was no longer the naive little filly that her sister raised. She was a mare, fully capable of making the right choices without her sisters help.

She now she stood in the foothills, as an independent being ready to accept the consequences of her actions. "Locket, I would like to spar with you." She called it out into the foothills. Her voice was loud, strong and steady. She just wished her stomach would do the same. She closed her eyes for a moment and collected her thoughts. Deep breath in and deep breath out. She calmed herself and sighed more relaxed. She opened her eyes and surveyed the around around her looking for the hopefully approaching form of Locket. She was ready for this, this was her moment to prove herself. She wanted and needed to do this spars and the ones that would follow. Over and over in her head she whispered to herself. This is your chance. Don't Screw it up, this is your chance.

Word Count;; 283
Setting;; Windtossed Foothills.
Type;; Spar/Punishment for Hana
Rounds;; 3 rounds + Closing defense
Others;; Magic/companion allowed for Locket, not Hana though.
Count Max;; 800 words
Notes;; Sorry, bad intro post, I'll do better in the spar xD
Thank you again lovely! <33

Locket Posts: 74
Up For Adoption atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Teppei :: Giant Panda :: Stormcall Adoptable

He shivered when he woke, the rugged panda boy who blinked the sleep away from his bleary eyes and shook curly curtains out of his intricately featured face, freeing himself of the doldrums. The sun was trying his best to burn away the banking clouds that were rolling in from the North, looking full with snow, making his nose wrinkle in distaste. The Foothills was spread out before him, a mixture of rusty grass, stodgy mud and dashed in white. Large and ominous, the mountains were a shelter from the worst of the snow, yet winters grip still firm in his home. Yet, Locket was not one to stand around and complain, as soon as he'd chased the sleep away he was already moving about on dainty cloven hooves. His breath visible on the crisp air and alabaster ears were curved forwards, listening to the strange voice on the wind. It was a mares voice who called his name and she seemed not too far away, challenging him to spar. The stud shivered in anticipation, he hadn't fought a decent battle since the invasion when he went up against both the Forsaken and his now fellow comrade Murdock. Both he admired greatly for their skill, each had their own individual ability and the panda boy had been very hard pressed to hold his own. Eventually giving away the keys to the Foothills when he realized the battle was lost. Though Locket still doubted that they ever had a chance of winning that day.

Locket carefully picked his way across the Foothill's hazardous terrain to the place where his unknown challenger was stood. It took perhaps a few minutes maybe more for him to reach his destination and look upon the female who called him to arms and prepared herself to do combat upon her own. The stallion fell to a halt before the monochrome belle, looking to stand face to face with her, bringing his own sharpened hooves and curved ebony blade. A tang in his mouth, a taste for a fight, but eyes of vibrant verde gazed at the mare curiously. She seemed familiar, maybe he'd seen her in the recent herd meeting, yet he did not know a name to put her pretty features and already she knew this. Surely she would see it as fair for him to know her title as well. "I gladly accept your challenge! May I know the name of the one I fight?" His strange accent playing on the wind, ears still forwards in surety, pinned to the sound of her.

Whilst he listened for her returning words, if she had any for him (mares were unruly creatures after all), he took notice of her shape. She was much taller than himself, her body finely tuned and not at all like the draft of Archibald. More towards Ophelia, but not quite. A feeling he was used to, being smaller than the female kind, he was rather short in stature for a male after all, not that it ever bothered the valiant vagabond. Who flaunted his Arabian frills with no care in the world, Locket liked to think he was the charming one, the pretty face of battle not to be underestimated. He smiled to himself, hoping the introductions with his adversary were over, the curly haired warrior flung himself into battle.

Ears laced their way flat against his neck as he galloped forwards, grunting as he travelled over frozen mud that jarred up his legs, disabling him from reaching the speeds he might normally be able to. Yet, he was almost certain, if it was hampering him, then it was sure to get in her way too. Locket aimed to gallop at the dappled belle's left side, digging cloven hooves into the mud when he thought he'd neared her side and aimed a bite for her wither area. Determination was set in his gaze, he was no longer the naive stallion that fell before Archibald, he was Locket, an Executioner of the Windtossed Foothills. A title he still felt he had to earn every day and this day was no different.

[Word Count: 689 | 1/3 Attack | 0/1 Defence
Locket gallops for Hana's left side and aims a bite for her wither area.

ooc: Judging by your post I've written it as morning! I hope that's okay (let me know if it isn't and I'll change it) Good luck frostie hun <3]

And I took you by the hand
And we stood tall,
And remembered our own land,
What we lived for.
dctim1.flickr

Locket talk :: L = R

Official Posts: 847
Administrator
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Official
21 days have passed. Hana defaults to Locket.
Locket receives 1 VP.