the Rift

[OPEN] Continued Anger [earth god - open]

Zdravilo Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
She walked the bridge onto this isthmus. The blue floor of lava made barely an effect to heat the area, yet she was warm and toasty here. The gods seemed to be effortlessly hibernating. The Sun God failed to warm us, yet it must be tiring to be a god.

Oh, how tiring having everyone love you and want to be like you!

"Earth God I seek your presence." I didn't sound said not happy. My tone was scarily neutral. My face hardened into a straight face. I stood firmly infront of the Earth God's shrine. I wanted to spill my guys out with voice, so I did. Firstly, I thought of what I should say, for a god was powerful, yet they lacked the brain of us intelligent unicorns. I mean, why taint a basic equine with wings, when you could ultimatly gloss and polish a horse with a horn. So many varieties, shapes and sizes. If there were two pegasi I didn't know or see. I would be one hundred percent sure there would be two wings on each of their back. Now, if there were two unicorns, I couldn't tell you how many horns, what shape they were, what size, luster, brilliance, nor placement they were.

"I've been trying Earth God. Since you assigned me this task I have seen more clearly. I should stick to my own species. Pegasus and equine are like cherished apples. At first you love them, but then they rot and worms start livin' in them. Us unicorns are like polished and cut diamonds. We are pretty, clean cut, strong, and the most wanted." I was proud of my little speech. There was a fiery passion in my veins, and that was for sure. My straight faced stayed straight as I continued. "I find it unusual that a god of such amazing talent, and wisdom, would force a simple unicorn to befriend other species to get a birdy friend. I though a god would believe in self dignity and not force mortals to run around like chess pieces and just do things at your every command. This quest has destroyed what I had as a social life with my herd, it has stopped me from recruiting, it has stopped me from going to meetings, and it's stopped me from seeing a potential close friend."

Passion still there as she rambled ear numbing long sentences. Yes, she was prepared to ramble off at every living thing here. "But of course I'll finish the quest, but not for you, but for my friend." She snorted. Her ears never lay flat, but she was still fired up.

A god that is supposed to love earth and its inhabitants is driving them crazy. I wish I could speak to Sun Gos or something. I bet the rest of the gods wouldn't drive me half crazy.

OOC :: Zdra is just complaining. She will still complete her quest though she'd like to speak with the earth god about it.

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the EARTH

The rocks work as hard as the stars, to be what they are

Gently the earth rumbled - no more than a tremor, possibly caused by a larger than average wave at sea. Dust scattered, and then finally settled. But quickly the earth was shaken again - and again, and again! Soon, small pebbles began to dance around Zdra's hooves, as the ground itself began to open. To say that the God came out of the ground, seems to imply that there was a space first, that his massive body came through. This is not the case - instead, it was more like the stony ground yielded his form from it. Dusty shoulders formed out of the rock, and then great wings encased in ash and stone. Spiraled horns were next to appear, followed by deep emerald eyes and a chiseled muzzle.

Towering over the unicorn mare, the great God looked down with an expression of patient disappointment. He could see into her mind the thoughts which reinforced and complimented the words she had been boasting to his shrine only moments ago. He was both frustrated and disappointed with her lack of approval and attitude of entitlement, but still he remained patient; his dark eyes kind.

"Zdravilo, you act as if you had any influence over the physical form that you hold. Had it not been for you dam and sire, you could have been born hornless, or with mixed blood flowing through your veins. It is purely accidental that you are a Unicorn, and yet you act as though the superiority of your species is something that you simply willed yourself into. We are not just the bodies we have, we are what we do. And I believe I instructed you quite clearly what it was I wanted you to do."

His dark tail flicked gently around his hocks, as he gazed sternly down upon her. "I care little about the sacrifices you have made, for if you will not do so now, how am I to trust you will take care of the life you want me to give you? It seems that you are only willing to do so without complaining, so long as the tasks you are given suit you, and your social calendar."

CREDITS

Zdravilo Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
"Earth God, if you don't understand what I'm saying I give up."

Plain and simple did I speak. I had been so excited when I got this quest, but now, now I wished I hadn't gone to get my quest. Mid Frostfall was around the corner. Earth God should've realized, sending horses around to befriend other horses is.. like.... Animal cruelty. Why do I need to befriend weirdos, just so I can get a bird. I don't see why the god couldn't just make me happy with a bird companion. Right now, no one was happy, but if he'd just give it to me, everyone would be happy. A bird would have a caretaker, a god wouldn't have to deal with an annoying mortal, and I would have a birdy friend.

For an EARTH God he surly didn't understand earthly creatures. Maybe he outta retire and we should get a land and sea god out here. Eventually, it'd be a plus for all! I know well gods don't age, but even a break from these gods would be nice. I guess I really had no right to be bitter, but I don't see why he could've chosen a different quest. Maybe one that would give me inner confidence, or maybe something with fighting. Noooo, never! I had to get the stupid racism quests. I DON'T LIKE THEM. Wasn't that enough? DEAL WITH IT. I will never make friends with them. Unless of course I use my already friends. Levi I would count as a friend, same with Gaucho, the caveman. I wonder what their quests would be like.... Would they be about racism also?

"You shouldn't expect us mortals to run around at the click of you hooves. Why don't you understand?!?!" I'm still doing this damn quest. I will befriend every fucking horse here. I can certainly be a friend of all, but deep down, I'll hate everyone's guts. Including this brown and green fellow here.

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the EARTH

The rocks work as hard as the stars, to be what they are

It took resounding restrain on the part of the God to let the young mare finish. And indeed she was young; for who but the very naive and unlearned would dare challenge the understanding of a God? Especially the God of the rain, and mountains, and grasses. Her ire and contempt for her quest, merely reinforced that it was truly the best task for her to have been saddled with, of that he was certain. Although perhaps, she was not ready for it yet.

With a weary shake of his bearded muzzle, his forehead crinkled with disappointment and subtle anger. "Zdravilo, you were created from the very same combination of elements, as were your equine and pegasi cousins. By your own flawed and deeply ignorant logic, it should be the bird that you find detestable - for doesn't it share the same wings, and lack of horn, that the pegasi you despise so much, have? You have failed to understand the purpose of this quest. You have failed me as the father of the Earth and holder of its inhabitants, and you have failed yourself. What you lack in compassion and true comprehension, you make up for with ignorance and racism. No Zdravilo, if you cannot even befriend a creature which is a close cousin of the unicorn, then you shall have no creature of mine."

With a snort, the God raised his horned head tall, allowing himself to tower over her. Spreading his massive wings, he blocked out the sun and cast her shape into shadows. "I deny your quest, Zdravilo. Never this year, shall I subject one of my creatures to you. Perhaps when Frostfall comes again, you shall have gained wisdom."

His voice trailed off, and soon, his massive shape began to split apart, like so many rocks falling away under an avalanche. Water poured from his joints, and his beard and mane became a gentle flow, pushing the rocks of his form farther and farther away, until only rubble remained.
CREDITS