Lace the Silverthorn Posts: 459
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 14 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Fajira :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath Chan

LACE</style>
before the sun sets
GLORY
</style>

It probably wasn't the right time to be leaving the Edge and going off on his own. This was a hectic winter, a time of grief and gritted teeth as everyone dug their hooves into the snow and did what they could to strengthen their defenses. With the discussions about building a wall around their borders well under way and the threat from the Basin hanging like a dark cloud over all their heads though, Lace had figured that this would be the best time to go through with an idea he'd had for a while now.

The travel across Helovia from his home along the west coast and down to Dragons Throat was one he had never made before. The desert land was foreign to him, and once the stallion had left the Heart behind his pace had dropped. Not exactly sure where the border of the herdland began, the gold-backed stallion relied on scent as much as on sight and hearing to navigate through the rocky terrain, alert and on his guard. Had Mirage been able to warn them of the recent murders? Would they be able to accommodate his request, or would the crafter have to return home empty-hoofed and disappointed?

Treading steadily further south with the white dragon hovering above him like a glowing beacon in the bright winter light, Lace finally reached a point where several mingling scents collided and joined together. He halted and looked around, hoping beyond hope that a patrol or member of the herd would be around to find him. He'd hate to have to cross the border and trespass upon Tuuli ground; even though they were allies there were limits to patience, and the last thing the glazier wanted to do was to sow the seeds of strife and disagreement by forgetting his manners. Not in these troubled times, not when the Qian needed all their friends more than ever.

CREDITS: Schwartze | venomxbaby | 116802
BronzeHalo.deviantart.com
♦ Permission granted to use magic and violence on Lace and Fajira
♦ Only tag in new threads, spars and if it's urgent
The Store | The Warden

Valentine Posts: 203
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: 12
teeroo
Valentine
Everything has beauty
But not everyone can see it
The grey stallion was out, wondering around the home that he had been missing from for so long. Not much had changed, but it was apparent; there was a tension about not only him, but others in the herd that was unspoken. Perhaps there had been some things he had missed, and he would have to find out from someone else all what had indeed happened in his absence in the cold froze hell that was probably causing all the trouble. He rose from a sitting position, walking with legs strut out as he glided along the red sands below. He was on the run, and thinking back to building the wall, but an unexpected visitor drew his mind from his on setting goal. Lace. How long had it been since his adventure in the Heart of Helovia with him and his little white dragon?

There he stood on the border, waiting for someone to approach him, and he smiled. Who better than himself at this moment, some what of a familiar face? He changed directions, slowing his Irish body to canter to the grullo who wore a mask of webs. Upon approaching, he let his lips moved to form words of greeting.

"Well hello there! Tell me, do you remember me? I remember you being Lace, and I seemed to have lost your dragon's name, but is has been a little while since I've seen you. Come, you are welcome among us, for I don't see a reason why not. Is there a particular reason why you have come to see us this day?"

OCC: Sorry it's so short, I just wanted to get it up here. If him and Lace could not only discuss his armor but possibly what happened to Sol/Tor and about the Edge, he would gladly rely it to Kri :D But only if your comfortable of course

"Talk talk talk".

Image Credits
I am no longer going into the cbox due to recent events. You can PM on this (Valentine's) account, go on my skype (teeroo777), or PM me on DA (teeroo). Thank you.

Credits to picture on page, since they won't show up since they are in black: http://twiwolf.deviantart.com/art/Free-Love-362011598

LACE</style>
before the sun sets
GLORY
</style>

Long before the approaching unicorn became visible to his own eyes Lace was alerted to his presence by the dragon that circled high above his head, playing on the warm updrafts that occurred as the sun heated the rocks and sands at their feet. Waiting patiently to be spotted, the glazier had plenty of time to ponder the stallion and figure out why he seemed so familiar, even through the mental eye of Fajira. It wasn't that he really had forgotten Valentine. Their adventure down in the bowels of the earth had engraved themselves into his mind much too clearly to ever truly be ignored. No, it was more the simple fact that Lace preferred to avoid mulling over the things he'd seen and done back then, too uncomfortable with certain details to enjoy the strange events.

What puzzled him most now was the simple fact that this unicorn appeared to belong here at the Throat. He wasn't sure where he'd gotten the impression, but somewhere in his mind the silvery steed had been certain that the heart-marked gray was a Basin member. Was it just prejudice, since he was a unicorn? The thought felt uncomfortable as he twiddled and turned it in his mind, studying it from all directions possible. Had he become so adjusted to viewing all horned ones with suspicion?

No one is perfect a thought commented serenely through the bond. The white-maned stallion threw a quick glance up at Fajira, puzzled over what she could mean by that.

He didn't have time to ask her though. By now Valentine had arrived and was addressing him, and Lace had to return his attention to this stallion that was his host; a peculiar turn of events that he decidedly hadn't expected.
"Indeed, you remember correctly" he replied and accepted the invitation into the herd-land by stepping across the border and offer the other a respectful nod. "I am Lace, glazier of World's Edge.. and my companion is Fajira, the White."

He paused for a second, attempting to formulate the words in his mind. He wasn't sure that this was the horse to go to in regards to his business here, but he might as well relay at least a bit of the tidings that he brought from home.
"I've come for two reason" he continued, promptly setting aside any manner of casual small talk for later. "Firstly, because I would like to speak to the head crafter of the Throat about a project we are undertaking at the Edge, and to make a personal request... And secondly, because I have bad news that need the attention of the Tuuli. No doubt our DragonHeart is already coming this way to speak to your leaders, but just in case she is waylaid by something I hope you know someone who can relay my words to Sultanas Kri and Sumati."

The Store | The Warden

Hidden Account
teeroo
Valentine
Everything has beauty

Lace and his White moved across the boarder, and for a slight moment he looked puzzled, or almost taken a back to see him. He pondered for a moment what was wrong, or if it was perhaps his appearance from the past that had brought forth such a gaze. But no matter, Lace still talked. He was a Glazier? How interesting...and even the Edge, where it had been taken over for a long time. He felt now that he had not qualms about those that lived there, for he wasn't himself when he was living in the Frostbreath Steppe. The Aurora Basin was far from his home, and now the Dragon's Throat was where he was needed, and wouldn't be any where else. Serving Kri the Resolute and the Sun God was what he wanted to do, and he would do as such.

At the mention of his position, he smiled, and wondered what type of item Lace would like crafted. His first thought is armor, for his next sentence is dripping with negativity. Mirage the DragonHeart, leader of the World's Edge, was coming here? Something terrible must have happened, for her to come all this way to speak with the Resolute and the Sinbird. My face does not hide my concern, and my gears begin to turn. It must have something to do with the Basin, for as far as he is concerned, the Foothills have been silent, except for the recent invasion. However, I smile, giving a slight bow to him before I speak.

"You would be looking for me, if you wish to speak to an Artisan. There are two of us currently, myself and the mare Sohalia. I would be happy to craft something for you Lace, as well as help you with whatever you are building in the World's Edge. I can also rely the information to her, so she can join me as well. Since I am of a higher rank, it would also be easier of me to find either Kri or Sumati, so I can rely the information you have, just in case. Let me to just happen to lend a correct guess: the Aurora Basin is overcrowding their spaces and breaking the laws and treaties they have with us?"

"Talk talk talk".

Image Credits
I am no longer going into the cbox due to recent events. You can PM on this (Valentine's) account, go on my skype (teeroo777), or PM me on DA (teeroo). Thank you.

Credits to picture on page, since they won't show up since they are in black: http://twiwolf.deviantart.com/art/Free-Love-362011598

LACE</style>
before the sun sets
GLORY
</style>

An ear twitched in surprise to the revelation that Valentine was the horse he was looking for. Yet again he found himself confused and puzzled over this turn of events, but at the same time the Glazier wasn't going to complain. This was going to simplify things, in all honesty. At the very least he wouldn't have to run all over the Throat to find the people he was looking for, and things could be handled here and now, and he'd be able to return back home in no time.

"Well, then lets get down to business, shall we?" he said with a half smile playing over the sooty lips, gazing at the red-and-white stallion from beneath the strands of the white forelock. "Lets take the personal matters first, since they're bound to be quicker. I'm looking for an armor, strong yet lithe enough as to not slow my movements too much. I could very well make one of glass as I've done before, but not only does it become very heavy, it'd draw strength from me that needs elsewhere right now. Do you think it would be possible to create such a thing?"

He looked hopefully at Valentine, curious as to what his reply would be. This wasn't a new idea, really. He'd played with the thought of extra protection for himself ever since he broke his bone during the Invasion, and the interest in the subject had only deepened when he'd seen Faelene be gifted with one. Its uses were obvious, and while Lace wasn't really a protector tasked with fighting battles anymore, he wasn't so peaceful that he'd just sit around while war raged all around him. He'd fight, and as he did he wanted to increase the odds of escaping unscathed - so that the frightening magic that automatically patched his body back together wouldn't have to show itself.

"As for the project we're working on..." Lace continued, face falling into a serious frown that spoke beyond words of the tragedies the herd had been faced with. "If ever there were either laws or treaties between us and Aurora Basin, they became null and void when d'Artagnan the Nightshade took the life of Solstice. And while we have no definite proof yet, it isn't too hard to imagine that the one who killed Torasin the Moon Doctor belonged to them as well... He was murdered; they both were, and World's Edge has decided to increase our defenses. We are going to construct a wall of glass around our borders, tall enough that none but dragons or pegasi can move in and out as they please."

The expression of the stallion darkened, lips curving into a grim smile. "This isn't an official opinion of the herd, Valentine, but I swear that if the Basin as much as breathes on a Qian again, I'll take it upon myself to make sure they regret it. Right now, however, the first priority is to ensure the safety of our innocent and young, and we could use all the help we can get to get that wall up as soon as possible. Would you be willing to help us? Any and all are needed and welcome, to clear the way and provide water and sand and fire... There are more ways than one to mold glass."

The Store | The Warden

Hidden Account
teeroo
Valentine
Everything has beauty

His guess was correct. He wanted armor, strong enough to defend against enemies with an array of weapons and magic, and light enough to move freely. Though he probably wasn't a warrior, Valentine had had the same though a few nights ago. What if he needed to protect himself if he was surrounded or the Throat was being invaded? He wasn't much of a fighter by any means, but having armor on his back would offer him some piece of mind at the least. The Edge was having the same idea in mind, building a wall from the ground up for the protection of their enemies: The Aurora Basin. It seemed they had struck quite a nerve in that of the World's Edge, and though I had no idea whom Torasin was, he indeed remembered Solstice. He remembered torturing her in the Frostbreath Steppe...oh, how shameful he was. He would forever regret his time with the unicorns of the Basin, and that of...of what? He pondered for a moment, but had no idea what his mind was trying to say. He decided it would be best to ignore it for now, and return to the current topic of interest.

"Business is just what I intend to do. I would indeed be able to make a suitable showcase of armor for you, made out of the best metal I can find. It might take me a while to find the best metal, but I'm sure I can find it, it just will take a bit of looking. And the wall sounds a lot like ours, except for being made of glass, and of course I would be willing to help you. I live to serve for the needs of others, especially allies and the protection of the young and those that can protect themselves. And it would seem that he is one that is quick to kill, letting little judgement before his actions. I am sorry for your losses, truly. However, I must confess, if even to your ears alone. I was once apart of the Basin, when you met me for the first time in fact. I was apart of them, like them, and I even took part in bothering Solstice when she was trapped with us. I came here soon after my eyes cleared, and Kri took me in, and since then I've seen the error of my ways, and the pain I inflicted on those while I was there. But recently, because I fled, I was marked, and I was taken prisoner by Sno, the daughter of Mauja the Frostheart and Psyche the DarkEmpress. There I was kept from Orangemoon until about a couple of days ago. I don't know the exact reason, but I know that I was beaten almost to death, by multiple horses, and the Nightshade was my guard for the last of my time. He poisoned me, making me have nightmares..."

He stopped, shuttering. The melting faces, the false screams of his beloveds...he couldn't take it. He stopped, breathing deeply, trying not to faint as he wobbled over, weak from even the nightmares that now haunted him even in the daylight.

"I'm sorry, I can't go on, and it's not just for me to dawdle in the past, especially for events that my mind would rather be foreign to.. But besides the point, I would be willing to help you with whatever you need, and I will indeed tell Kri or Sumati about what happened in the Edge. Thank you for coming Lace and Fajira, and please send word as soon as you are able to when you would like my help with the wall. I will come as quickly as my feet can carry me."

OCC: You could either send a pupil or Fajira to come get him whenever you're ready :D

walk walk walk
"Talk talk talk".

Image Credits