the Rift

A New Beginning [OPEN]

ElegantDesire Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Elegance stumbled into an unknown world after traveling for many weeks. She lifted her weak neck to look where she was. She looking for any signs of life. And hopes of stopping and resting for a few. But since she has always been on her own for so many years. She looked around to make sure she was not stepping into someone else's land that might get this bay mare some trouble thats all she wanted was to cause a stir.

Her slender long legs carried her across the green grass to a high knoll. She stood on top leting the warm sun warm her brown coat. The gentle breeze blowing thru her mane and her tail. Her nares smelling her surroundings. In hopes of finding a friendly stallion or even begin a new life here. She has never really had her own family. Never had her own stallion to call hers and she never had a foal. She has always taken care of foals that have been abandoned by there mothers for unknown reasons.

In some way she was happy to not see any other equines around. That way she can regain her strength and get to know the area quite well before possibly settling down. She lowered her crown to the earth beneath her and nibbled on some grass. It tasted good to finally eat something without being run off. Her ears rotated to every sound making sure nothing would come upon her. She raised her crown and looked around for any water. She heard a distant stream, she moved elegantly towards the sound of water. The water looked so fresh and cool. She couldnt help but give this wonderful item a taste. She drank her fill, to the point where he flanks hurt. She looked around to make sure no one was around and i walked into the water and laid down, it felt so good to feel the cool water on her coat. She rolled like she was a filly again.

She stood up in excitement she felt good and felt new. She loved this place, for once she felt safe. She could be herself here she got out of the water and shook herself try then went and found a nice patch of grass under a tree. She ate for a little bit then decided to take a little nap to regain some strength.

Valentine Posts: 203
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: 12
teeroo
Valentine
Everything has beauty
But not everyone can see it

After failing to find the copper in the first time he tried, he decided to head back out the same day, this time making sure Aiko wasn't following him, and go back around the area known as the Threshold. Copper was the only thing in his mind now, though even if he had found a horse earlier, he really needed to focus on building the wall. The Artisan grunted, the ice nipping at his grey skin, and making him shiver a little bit. Frostfall never bothered him, but it was the snow that was making it harder to find was he needed. He thought about what he would do when he found it, and perhaps if the ground would be too solid for him to dig it up. But shrugged, and if that was the case, he would mark it until the spring came, then he would dig it up when the time came. He sniffed, and the snow was pushed around by his black hooves. There wasn't much snow underneath this part of the Threshold where he was snooping about, as the dried canopy above was filled with dead tree branches so thick that he wondered if anything survived around here the rest of the time.

He was able to clear a good area, and ended up using his horn to dig. He dug large chunks of semi-frosted earth, finding some patches to be not as difficult as his first intentions led him to think. Upon doing a couple of hours of digging, he stopped, feeling the sweat of his body starting to freeze. Though he was hot, his body was colder now than ever, and he was without finding any of the red-orange malleable metal. He sighed, wondering if he should give up, when he noticed something odd across the way. There was a mare, seeming to be asleep again a tree. In the middle of winter? He decided it was best to try to get her out of this cold, or to help her if she perhaps was sick. Though his duties were important, he would not abandon the needs of another, especially in these times.

"Excuse me miss. Miss! It's the middle of winter, and it's cold out here, are you alright? I can help you get to a place where you'll be safe, or where you can get treated if your sick or injured."

OCC: So, it's Frostfall, and I know you are new, so that's ok :3 But just so you know

"Talk talk talk".

Image Credits
I am no longer going into the cbox due to recent events. You can PM on this (Valentine's) account, go on my skype (teeroo777), or PM me on DA (teeroo). Thank you.

Credits to picture on page, since they won't show up since they are in black: http://twiwolf.deviantart.com/art/Free-Love-362011598

ElegantDesire Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Elegance had her eyes closed dreaming of a nice warm place instead of this winter. She couldnt wait for it to warm up. As she stood under the tree to keep the snow off her coat and to keep some what warm since she didnt have a cave or know of anywhere else to seek warmth. She was new to the area and didnt know where anyhing was and she didnt want to cause enemies on my first week here.

She hears what sounded like a voice in the wind. She opens my eyes and sees another horse approaching her.She looked around to make sure she wasnt dreaming anymore. Wwho are you? it was hard to get words out she was shaking so bad.

She smiled at the horse before her of course i know its winter. I was just hoping it wasnt. She was confused though why was this horse out in the winter himself instead of hiding in a cavern or a cave to keep warm.

My name is Ellie Its short for Elegant Desire. Who may you be? I have been walking and traveling for many days Trying to remember i believe i've seen 5 or 6 moons before i came to this spot.

She looks at him do you know of anywhere warm?

As she stepped forward he could see how skinny she was from being on her own. She was ashamed of herself for being in bad shape. Especially during the winter it was hard to find something to eat.