the Rift

Confused Mind [Selene]

Amir Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
The evening was cool and collected. The tree leaves softly bristled in the chilled air. As the stallion looked east, His green eyes looking around his surroundings, The smell of an early winter came into his nostrils.
He hated Winter.
Brown ears flickered back and fourth annoyingly. These voices... they didn't stop echoing in his head! It frustrated Amir and he was beginning to go insane... Not like he was anyway. The voices continued to grow louder... and louder.... and louder... Until finally he began to run. His large tan hooves carried him from underneath; causing him to become nothing but a brown blur. Leaves kicked up from beneath him and he began to sprint faster. Emerald green eyes looked around him in a frantic manner. These voices were echoing on, telling him words that he did not understand. The chilled breeze began to burn his lungs and nostrils. But he continued to run, even if his sides were screaming at him to stop.
You should have stopped it... You knew what to do... but all you did was stand there and WATCH. the voices continued to repeat. What were they talking about? Somehow deep down inside he knew... but it all came around in confusion. What were they talking about?
When a rotted log was seen in the distance, Amir picked up his pace. His legs were nothing but a blur underneath him. About 3 feet away, He leapt forward from his powerful hind legs. When he landed on the other side, he found himself stuck in a small circle surrounded by trees. The evening was starting to turn dark. He looked around him, Eyes all of a sudden calm... Why was he here again? The confused feeling settled over him again...
Giving an irritated snort, He flatted his ears against his head and pawed the earth with his giant hoof. But that all ended when a scent of a mare ran in his nostrils... His roman head lifted up and ears remained stayed back. Was someone watching him this whole time?

Selene Posts: N/A
Unregistered
S E L E N E
Selene found herself wondering the threshold once again. Only this time around, she had a purpose. Otherwise, she wouldn't be caught dead in this portion of Helovia. The pirates were short on members and could use plenty more recruits. Selene wasn't the best with crowds nor was she adroit at social skills. Afterall, the majority of her life was spent secluded from others. She was spat upon, an outcast.

Frostfall had unleashed its numbing fury unto the forest as the earth was covered in a thick layer of snow. The surrounding trees were locked inside their dormant state for winter, as well as several other bushes that were gnarled and lifeless. So, depressing. She thought. She was never fond of the winter months, as it brought sincere grief to her mind. She trudged along with calm, confident strides as she carried herself with pride and dignity. Massive ebony wings were folded tightly against her sides, the tendons visible as she was straining to keep herself warm. Vapor began to form around her nostrils in a cloud with each breath as her long fiery forelock bounced over one eye with each footfall. An abrupt snap of a twig stopped Selene in her tracks as her head was sent swiveling in the direction of the sound. Eyes wide and ears attentive, she scanned the surroundings with a puzzled expression. Within an instant, hooves could be heard striking the ground with shier power. As soon as she managed to gather the sound, a figure blew past the path ahead of her. Judging by the scent, it was a horse, a stallion imparticular.

He thundered through the narrow path with ease, leaping over a decaying log with a spring in his step. Where did he think he was going? Did he even notice her? It was hard not to miss Selenes vibrant red pelt but he seemed as though he was bound to get to some sort of destination. In an attempt to get his attention, a soft, seductive nicker erupted from her chest. It wasn't terribly loud, but it was audible enough for him to receive.
Actions. "Talking."

BLEH. This was terrible. xD It was sort of rushed. xc

Unregistered

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
His concentration was soon interupted when he heard a small seductive nicker. Whirling around, His long thick mane and tail flutter in the winter breeze. Snow was thick up in these parts and he was beginning to shiver from the bitter frost. Standing in front of him; was a rather beautiful bright red mare with satin black wings. He had to admit... She was the first Pegasus that he's met. He's met plenty of Unicorns and Equines but not a Pegasus. Almir stares at her for a few seconds before relaxing his shoulders and his green eyes close half way. Another few seconds before Almir came to the conclusion...
It was a mare...
And she was REALLY looking at him. As he looked closer, he saw that she had a mischievous glint in her eyes. A glint that he himself did not want to see.
Winter vapor blew out of his large nostrils. His ears remained pinned back; though he had a rather calm feature on his masculine face. He had to admit though... she was a very attractive mare. But emotions and him did not combine very well, so unlike any other stallion that saw a mare like her, He was not attracted. The silence rang in his ears; the only sound was the rustling leaves blowing from the breeze. The snow covered his hooves and nearly came up to his hocks. But he remained still, keeping his eyes on the mare. Amir knew he was getting on her nerves from not speaking... But he had to keep looking at her before feeling comfortable to speak.
When he finally felt it was the right moment, He took a small step forward and another one shortly after. His green eyes piercing into hers, as hers were the doing the same thing; and he was afraid that if she looked close enough... She would see his inner demons. The very thought made him look down at the blinding white snow.
"Who are you? And what do you want?" He asked. His voice low and soft.

Unregistered
S E L E N E

By now, the sun had ultimately sunk beneath the horizon. It was almost as though the puffed clouds had swallowed the giant ball of heat in a matter of minutes. The barren canopy was illuminated by the moonlit night, as the faint rays cast a florescent glow to the surrounding atmosphere. The sight was almost magical. The way the snow glistened, the feeble breeze murmuring throughout the bark. Snowflakes danced around Selenes head, one landing on the tip of her ear causing it to twitch ever so slightly.

The stallion that stood before her was a dark color, almost a chocolate kind of pigment. He had an interesting marking tossed across his rump as she leaned her head to the right to inspect it further. Odd. She observed him with a ineffectual grin creasing at the corners of her lips. Then she noticed he held a horn, proudly crowning the top of his skull. Another Hornhead? Perfect. With a roll of her eyes, selene shuffled her wings in annoyance. He seemed almost afraid, judging by his body language. But of what? Her? Selene could be quite frightening at times, but she was offering him kindness to say the least. The unknown stallion rivaled her height, which was rare considering she was taller than most stallions at a hefty 17 hands. He exceeded her stature by at least a good 4 inches or so. Though she had yet to say a single word, neither did the stallion. He awkwardly bore his gaze unto her frame before finally meeting her deep crimson orbs. She was experienced with the opposite sex, and it amused her to toy with stallions. It was her way of getting 'attention.' Taking a large step forwards, she edged her way into his presence, almost sauntering over to him like a feline. The stallion broke the silence with a uncivil, blunt type of tone. Who are you? And what do you want? This only caused a cheeky grin to form around the tips of her maw. She leaned in closer to him, stretching her toned nape outwards. With a coy giggle, she whispered, each word causing a tingle to rush down the spine. "The question is, who are you?" Returning her head back into its normal position, she offered him a slight bow in greeting. "These lands are called Helovia which i assume you have so shamelessly stumbled upon?"

Her statement was totally irrelevant to his bold dialect, but she felt as though it needed to be provided in her own sort of way. She bumped her fiery forelock over one eye, her neck curved into a natural flattering arch, defining her muscles well. Her auburn tail snapped against her sides, indicating that she was slightly irritated. Although, she admired the stallions respect for himself. He was merely surprised. Thats the way SHE thought of the situation. Crimson orbs met his gaze once again, awaiting a reply from the chocolate stud.

Actions. "Talking."

Unregistered

Imaged video hosting by TinyPic
Amir's muscles tensed as soon as the seductive mare took long steps towards him. He wasn't one to flirt back, especially with a mare that was quiet attractive. She was about his size, maybe 4 inches smaller. Amir was one who was taller than most mares, or was taller than most stallions.
"The question is, who are you? "These lands are called Helovia which i assume you have so shamelessly stumbled upon?" The mare said, Her voice light and happy. Amir did nothing but stand there, His emerald eyes watching her every move. As she bows down, his eyes follow her until she comes back up. She seemed nice enough to say some words to... Another awkward silence drew between the mare and stallion. Then finally Amir had the guts to say who he was and how he came to Helovia. "I am Amir, Son of Kryptonite and Magic. I was born here in Helovia and have wondered these parts until now. In fact, you are the first pegasus I've met." He said, his voice strong and loud. He had his head up high and his ears perked forward. Though deep down in his insides, He still had that sharp pang of fear of meeting other horses, but He was feeling confident in expressing himself. His eyes never left hers; Crimson meeting Emerald. Amir still saw the flirty glint in her eyes, but he didn't flirt back... in fact...he doesn't even know how to do such thing. It's quiet sad actually...
"Now will you tell me who you are?"

Eris_ Posts: 97
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1 :: 4 Buff: NOVICE
Frostie
Eris
I may be crazy,
but i don't let it phase me.

She was here for one thing and one thing only. Recruitment. She had no time for pathetic normals who didn't understand her unusualness. Most of those in Helovia had already chosen a herd as well. So the mare was on the hunt for some fresh meat. She had traveled to the threshold in the complete darkness of night, she moved at a quick pace. Her motions where flawless and smooth, the trained movements of a warrior. She was death's best friend, her past stained as red as the blood of those she had killed. She was crazy because of it, erratic, abnormal or as most said weird. The threshold loomed up around her, the mistress of discord moved quickly towards it, it's great trees hulking masses in the night time. Entering through the trees she search for those who she might ask to join her and Seele's family.

They all knew what it was like to be treated differently, to be judged as unstable just because you were crazy. That thought made her cold chuckle come to life, the laughter rang around the darkness, but something else echoed back to her. Voices. The young and pale mare adjusted her path slightly so she could watch the meeting, see if there was someone who interested her. As silent as a stalking panther she crept up on the two that where already meeting. She listened to the way one of them spoke and smiled. He might be like her, he might be like the others in her group. So she approached them, haughtily and offered them both a rather fake smile. "Greetings, My name is Eris." She looked over the winged one, for a moment. This one did not interest her much, it was the horned one that had caught her attention. Not that she denied anyone the chance to be in her group. "Welcome to Helovia, I come representing my group, a family of those who are...misunderstood." She had never been one to waste time. "Souls who are considered crazy in other words, those who are bloodthirsty and those who are just...abnormal." She chuckled. "If you are not interested I shall move on, but what do you say? Interested in learning more?" She glanced towards the winged one not so sorry for interrupting. Shit happened.

The Asylum's page For information on the group. <3

[Image: b4z5hy.png]

Unregistered
S E L E N E
The air was thick with a frigid chill as delicate snowflakes fell from the infertile canopy, clinging to her fur like parasites. Sister moon was fairly vivid against the starless sky, enlightening the desolate snow covered forest before the pair. Selene greatly admired the moon, it offered her guidance, and even company when she was companionless or simply just alone. Not a single breath of wind shook the branches, or tossed the frail snowflakes out of their desired course to the ground. Ah, the essence of silence.

The stallion that oh so bashfully stood before her almost seemed to look at selene like she was some kind of crazy person. What was better than being kind and offering a bit of captivating charm? Usually stallions couldn't resist her enchanting ways but this one was different and he only seemed to intrigue her even more. Adjusting her obsidian wings, she observed the sizable stallion as he began to form his words. "I am Amir, Son of Kryptonite and Magic. I was born here in Helovia and have wondered these parts until now. In fact, you are the first pegasus I've met." Born? Here? Selene couldn't imagine being conceived in such a place.. He seemed as though he was raised in a normal, methodical type of family. A goody goody, so to speak. who was she to judge? Her perception of 'normal' differed greatly. Sure he was a bit introverted and sheepish but that didn't say much to her about his past. Though, she didn't really care. Her past was fucked up enough, and it wasn't worth remembering. The remainder of his sentence also baffled the auburn pegasus mare. Never seen a pegasus? Pish posh! Immediately she spat a remark. "Well, you must not get out much do ya?" Providing a reassuring wink, she then bobbed her head in a slight greeting once more. "Nevertheless, it's lovely to meet you Amir. I am Selene, i reside in the Endless Blue." Ah, the blue. Peaceful, yet full of adventure. He didn't seem like the ideal recruit, but it was worth a try.

Before she could provide additional information about her homeland, a sudden presence was felt just behind her. The scent was equine, and the fumes screamed that of a mare. The fragrance caused her ears to pin flat against her skull in a form of instinct so to speak. Selene wasn't one to 'come to terms' with mares, or the same sex in general. The way the foreign mare presented herself reminded Selene of herself, haughty and border lined confidence. The mare was of a pale color tapered with an unusually lengthened mane and tail splashed in a brunette shade. Already she took a disliking to her. She sauntered past selene only providing a meek glance her way before interrupting her own conversation. What was she to her, a fucking stick in the mud? Who the hell does she think she is? Oh how she could squash the little bitch into the cracks of the ground. "Look, i know you probably mean well, but you completely and utterly interrupted my conversation. Also i dont take a such a liking to the looks you are giving me. If you want recruits, that attitude of yours isn't going to get you very far sweetheart." Standing at 17 hands selene towered over the mare in comparison, but she was curious to see what the little fae had to say.
Actions. "Talking."